PDA

View Full Version : How come the Spurs are never on national TV?

englishspursfan
03-02-2007, 12:47 PM
come spurs are never on tv??????????i live in san diego if that helps.

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Here's the national TV schedule:

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

If the Spurs aren't on national TV, you can't see them in San Diego unless you buy NBA League Pass.

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
cause they are not sexy enough

englishspursfan
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
thank you kori...always a great help..i just thought i might see the game tonight...oh well thaks anywho.

duncan228
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
League Pass is worth every penny. I've had it for years, I've lived on the East and West coasts, never in SA. I'd go crazy if I could only see them on national TV.
I believe right now you can get the rest of the season for $99.

twincam
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
They've actually have plenty of national coverage, but they tend to lose most of those games.....but yes they do play on national tv from time to time.

englishspursfan
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
1 more thing????who has the rights to the playoffs

peskypesky
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
League Pass is worth every penny. I've had it for years, I've lived on the East and West coasts, never in SA. I'd go crazy if I could only see them on national TV.

Will that include the playoffs?

englishspursfan
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
trouble is i already have to pay for bbc football,then i pay to listen to me team in england then theres internet then bla bla bla

mavsfan1000
03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
They are boring to watch for everyone except spurs fans.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Will that include the playoffs?

All of the playoff games should be on fairly standard TV networks -- on TNT, ESPN, or ABC. The only exception would be a stray game in the first round that might only be televised nationally on NBATV, but you don't have to have League Pass (as far as I know) to get NBATV.

englishspursfan
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
thx .

duncan228
03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
You can get NBATV w/out League Pass. And, yes, the playoffs are all on national TV. League Pass ends on the last day of the season.

vingian
03-02-2007, 01:23 PM

yeah, those 3 championship runs were boring........

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM

don't worry -- mavsfan1000's posts are boring to everyone but mavsfan1000.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2007, 01:32 PM
this is never boring
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/493/1523329631lpp8.jpg

lefty
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't worry, we'll be on ABC for the Finals :toast

Dirkadirkastan
03-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Here's the national TV schedule:

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

If the Spurs aren't on national TV, you can't see them in San Diego unless you buy NBA League Pass.

This isn't exactly true, since you can stream some games online. It doesn't get every game (doesn't have today's game, but it has tomorrow's against Houston), it's low quality, and much of the time it's all in Chinese, but it would still be an upgrade over just national TV and GameCast.

http://www.myp2p.eu/NBA.htm

You have to download one of the video players for it to work of course.

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
come spurs are never on tv??????????i live in san diego if that helps.
Well at least you get the Laker games. :fro

And how is that BBC league pass?

VaSpursFan
03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
league pass is the way to go. i get every spurs game which is an absolute godsend for a spurs homer like me...but i get to check out the other games as well since i'm a total b-ball homer.

AFBlue
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Not true about Spurs on National TV. I can recall a back-to-back where they were on TNT one night and ESPN the next. I don't know how many teams in this league get nationally broadcast on back-to-back nights. The networks have to fill their quota with Eastern Conference teams, but I'd say the Spurs get on their just as much, if not more, than the Mavs & Suns.

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Ratings don't LIE!!!!!!!!!!

The NBA losses money when the SPURS are in the FINALS!!!

SPURS = BORING & SOFT

spurastic
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Why do you always have to chime in and be an ass?

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Ratings don't LIE!!!!!!!!!!

The NBA losses money when the SPURS are in the FINALS!!!

SPURS = BORING & SOFT

SOFT??? 3 titles and u call them soft????? f...ing retard

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 02:30 PM
SOFT??? 3 titles and u call them soft????? f...ing retard

YES SOFT!!!!!!!

NO BALLS !!!!!!!!!!!

SIN COJONES!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Pain
03-02-2007, 02:33 PM
i think the spurs have their share in the national spotlight this season, the play on TNT next thursday

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
YES SOFT!!!!!!!

NO BALLS !!!!!!!!!!!

SIN COJONES!!!!!!!!!!!

m...ok.... I see...... beating the Pistons in the Finals does not requires cojones..

So, I guess the Lakers didn't have much against the same Pistons in 2004
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

adrienne
03-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Because people would rather watch a couple of powerhouses like Seattle and the Clippers duke it out.

LilMissSPURfect
03-02-2007, 02:43 PM
haters

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 02:43 PM
m...ok.... I see...... beating the Pistons in the Finals does not requires cojones..

So, I guess the Lakers didn't have much against the same Pistons in 2004
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That is correct the LAKERS looked like a bunch of faggets against the Pistons.

At least I admit it you fucken homer!!!!!!!!

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:45 PM
That is correct the LAKERS looked like a bunch of faggets against the Pistons.

At least I admit it you fucken homer!!!!!!!!

I'm not a homer ; I am just saying they are not soft ; knowledge and homerism are not the same thing
:donkey

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
The point is outside of San Antonio no one gives a fuck about the Boring Spurs. You people in San Antonio have to realize it's just a game.

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
You people in San Antonio have to realize it's just a game.

People do realize that ; bcause unlike you, they have a life

SAtown
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
The point is outside of San Antonio no one gives a fuck about the Boring Spurs. You people in San Antonio have to realize it's just a game.

I'd rather watch most other teams than the Lakers.

SpursDynasty
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
The NBA has been horrible about broadcasting teams on national TV, that no one cares about (example: Clippers vs Sonics last night). Bulls and Magic are on next week on TNT (See what I mean).

Teams that should get their games on national TV coverage in the West:

Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah, Houston, and the Lakers

Teams that should get national TV coverage in the East:

Detroit and Miami, but ONLY when they play the six teams mentioned above, or play each other.

The rest = junk NBA teams.

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
The NBA has been horrible about broadcasting teams on national TV, that no one cares about (example: Clippers vs Sonics last night). Bulls and Magic are on next week on TNT (See what I mean).

Teams that should get their games on national TV coverage in the West:

Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah, Houston, and the Lakers

Teams that should get national TV coverage in the East:

Detroit and Miami, but ONLY when they play the six teams mentioned above.

The LAKESHOW will always have National Exposure.

LAKERS4LIFE
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
People do realize that ; bcause unlike you, they have a life

I am new to SA and I hate this shithole town. You ALAMO Folk really need to get a life. Maybe work on getting educated and rasing your kids, instead of trying to make the SPURS role models.

SAtown
03-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I am new to SA and I hate this shithole town. You ALAMO Folk really need to get a life. Maybe work on getting educated and rasing your kids, instead of trying to make the SPURS role models.

So you have no friends? Is that why you have to talk shit on the internet? :depressed

lefty
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm a Spurs fan but I'm not from San Antonio

SpursDynasty
03-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Count how many universities and colleges are in San Antonio, and then try to call SA an uneducated city.

Plus, if you don't like it, then leave (Unless you live with your parents, which I figure you do, then you need to get an education, job, so you can have your own money and leave!)

Man In Black
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
YES SOFT!!!!!!!

NO BALLS !!!!!!!!!!!

SIN COJONES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll remember that when next they whup Lakah tail come playoff time, I hope they meet and send the Lakers home doing this again...
http://www.kakarot52.com/images/side/Kobe_Crying.png
I live in San Diego, CA and I HATE THE LAKERS. :fro

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
This season, I believe Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, LA Lakers, Miami and Phoenix are all on national TV 30-33 times. I think San Antonio is on 27 times.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Why do you always have to chime in and be an ass?
It's called occasional trolling which is fun to do. The media considers them boring and that is enough for them to not put the spurs on tv that much. It's fun to watch a spurs/mavs game though but spurs against a nobody isn't fun to watch.

SpursDynasty
03-02-2007, 03:51 PM
It's called occasional trolling which is fun to do. The media considers them boring and that is enough for them to not put the spurs on tv that much. It's fun to watch a spurs/mavs game though but spurs against a nobody isn't fun to watch.

Mavs against a nobody is equally boring. No defense plus too much respect while the Mavs shoot jump shots like last night, is no fun.

Mavs vs Spurs, Mavs vs Pistons, Mavs vs Jazz = good games.