None

NBA Finals: (2)
1976, 1993

Confrence Finals: (8)
1976, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1990, 1993, 2005, 2006

Division Champions: (5)
1981, 1993, 1995, 2005, 2006

Playoff Appearences: (26)
1970, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003,
2005, 2006
^^^^
All them playoff appearances and no championship.
That don't make no sense now do it Snoop?
http://community.allhiphop.com/images/smilies/snoopsmh.gif

NBA Finals MVP:
None

Worst Season:
1968/69 (16-66)

Hall of Famers: (4)
Charles Barkley, Jerry Colangelo, Connie Hawkins, Gail Goodrich

NBA All-Star Game MVP: None

Awards:

There has never been more of a loser franchise than the pathetic Phoenix Suns.

Xylus
03-02-2007, 11:49 PM
We've been to the Finals twice and lost both times, first to the Celtics in 1976 and then to the Bulls in 1993.

We're kind of like the former Red Sox of basketball.

Chris Childs
03-02-2007, 11:49 PM
We've been to the Finals twice and lost both times, first to the Celtics in 1976 and then to the Bulls in 1993.

You're right about that.
Now let me go edit.........

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 12:02 AM
This is harsh, real harsh. :toast

Chris Childs
03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
This is harsh, real harsh. :toast

I don't want you mavs fans feeling alone. :lol

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Oh believe me, we dont.

When will the Knicks win another trophy? I mean in this millenium? Knicks Finals appearance drought for 34 years. Conf title drought for 8 years. And division title drought for almost what? 13 years? But it's all good. Go Knicks! :toast

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 12:38 AM
When worse comes to worst, dont fret. Yall still got the award winning director Spike Lee. :)

cornbread
03-03-2007, 12:45 AM
It's Friday night Childs. You should be sipping on some beer, not haterade.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
:lol

mardigan
03-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Oh believe me, we dont.

When will the Knicks win another trophy? I mean in this millenium? Knicks Finals appearance drought for 34 years. Conf title drought for 8 years. And division title drought for almost what? 13 years? But it's all good. Go Knicks! :toast
Knicks were in the Finals in 99, 8 year by my caculations, but I am a mathmatician so its not really fair. I love these threads by the way

mavsfan1000
03-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Make it 40 years 0 titles after this year. :lol

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Knicks were in the Finals in 99, 8 year by my caculations, but I am a mathmatician so its not really fair. I love these threads by the way

Ok so I made a mistake. Let me rephrase what I meant. 34 years (or is just year without the "s"? according to you :lol ) without a Championship, 7 years (make it 8 coz by the looks of it they wont be winning this year either) without a conference title, and 13 years without a division title. Better? Good luck on being the best MATHMATICIAN or whatever it is that you call a mathematician these days. :rolleyes

LOL mathmatician... priceless. :lol I love these threads too by the way. :clap

RonMexico
03-03-2007, 10:53 AM
That's kind of a dick move, Chris. Especially since the Suns are the 4th winningest franchise in NBA history. Just because they haven't won the big one you have to call them "the most loser franchise ever." No, the Knicks got that title in 1985 when Patrick Ewing unknowingly vowed to make them the most disappointing franchise in the league for 15+ years.

Dirkadirkastan
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Are there any annoying dancing pink elephants in this thread? Thank God Firefox can block images.

mardigan
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Ok so I made a mistake. Let me rephrase what I meant. 34 years (or is just year without the "s"? according to you :lol ) without a Championship, 7 years (make it 8 coz by the looks of it they wont be winning this year either) without a conference title, and 13 years without a division title. Better? Good luck on being the best MATHMATICIAN or whatever it is that you call a mathematician these days. :rolleyes

LOL mathmatician... priceless. :lol I love these threads too by the way. :clap
Oh so you must be a spellaticion huh? Guess I met my match, maybe I need to get spellcheck or something...

Rip-Hamilton32
03-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Are there any annoying dancing pink elephants in this thread? Thank God Firefox can block images.

not until...

:elephant now

mardigan
03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Dammit Hamilton

ponky
03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
That's kind of a dick move, Chris. Especially since the Suns are the 4th winningest franchise in NBA history. Just because they haven't won the big one you have to call them "the most loser franchise ever." No, the Knicks got that title in 1985 when Patrick Ewing unknowingly vowed to make them the most disappointing franchise in the league for 15+ years.

would you expect anything less from a guy who probably thought he was getting rolando blackman in last year's draft? guy has nothing to cheer about, especially now that crawford is out for the season...let him be pissed, it's funny in a pathetic sorta way

mardigan
03-03-2007, 03:58 PM
would you expect anything less from a guy who probably thought he was getting rolando blackman in last year's draft? guy has nothing to cheer about, especially now that crawford is out for the season...let him be pissed, it's funny in a pathetic sorta way
Whats funny is hes not pissed, hes just being a dick, which just makes this thread that much more great

ponky
03-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Whats funny is hes not pissed, hes just being a dick, which just makes this thread that much more great

yeah you're right but his dissing is never-ending and it's weak, not a good combo...came off as a little bitch from day one. this thread is great just because some loser knows how to cut and paste? uh, alright.

mardigan
03-03-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah you're right but his dissing is never-ending and it's weak, not a good combo...came off as a little bitch from day one. this thread is great just because some loser knows how to cut and paste? uh, alright.
Damn, coming out swinging I see. What makes it great to me is how pissed people get at him just stating the obvious. We all know that the Suns and Mavs dont have titles, but everyone seems to get all pissed whenever he does this, which is pretty often. Some posters here just like to get people riled up, and when people take the bait it just makes me laugh

JMarkJohns
03-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Damn, coming out swinging I see. What makes it great to me is how pissed people get at him just stating the obvious. We all know that the Suns and Mavs dont have titles, but everyone seems to get all pissed whenever he does this, which is pretty often. Some posters here just like to get people riled up, and when people take the bait it just makes me laugh

It's hardly the Suns or Mavs faults that they've failed to land the #1 overall pick, not just once, but twice in the same year that a future-HOF pivot is available. Must be nice having had two All-time great big men help your Spurs finally get over that nasty hump of their own.

Some fans just don't realize how fortunate they and their favorite teams are... True, Spurs made some great late-round picks and free agent picks ups as well, but it was the fortunate drafting of Robinson and Duncan that made their semi-dynasty even possible. Explain to me how the Suns, with all them playoff appearances, are able to draft a player like Duncan or Robinson?

mardigan
03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
It's hardly the Suns or Mavs faults that they've failed to land the #1 overall pick, not just once, but twice in the same year that a future-HOF pivot is available. Must be nice having had two All-time great big men help your Spurs finally get over that nasty hump of their own.

Some fans just don't realize how fortunate they and their favorite teams are... True, Spurs made some great late-round picks and free agent picks ups as well, but it was the fortunate drafting of Robinson and Duncan that made their semi-dynasty even possible. Explain to me how the Suns, with all them playoff appearances, are able to draft a player like Duncan or Robinson?
Dude, relax, Im not trying to talk shit about the Suns or the Mavs, I realize the Spurs and their fans have had it good, and when the Suns had that team with Barkley and KJ I couldnt believe they didnt win it all. All I was trying to say was that there isnt any point in getting pissed at a thread like this because 1st of all hes a Knicks fan, and like I said we all know already that those teams donthave titles, its not like its some rumor he is spreading, so to me there isnt really any point to getting pissed about it, but to each their own I suppose

JMarkJohns
03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I am relaxed. I'm not upset with anyone in the thread or anything. I just thought it odd how someone who knows the pain of enxtended success without the ultimate prize, as most Spurs fans pre-1999 should, would find it "great" or even amusing at the similer circumstances of other teams and their fans.

Success is a two edged sword. From 1996 on I wish the Suns had just blown everything up and built around Finley and Nash. With their draft history and those mid/late-90's drafts being as loaded as they were, they'd have been in much better shape entering the new millenium than tey were after their over-the-top spending spree for Longley, Googs and Penny and mindless trades like Majerle for Hot-Rod Williams, Cassell/Finley for Kidd and draft picks for a five month McDyess rental. But since they were just good enough to be a top-3/8 seed in the playoffs every year until 2002, they were just far enough to be out of quality player range with the few picks they managed to keep after all their excessive spending/trades.

As for the Barkley/KJ era... I rarely make excuses, and I'm not saying things would have been different had injuries not occued, but 1992-93 was the first of many knee surgeries for KJ, so that era was never what it could have been. You can't do it, but I often wonder "what if" with regards to KJ's health. He was 22-10 for his career up to that point. He stays healthy, I think - THINK - things could have had a different ending. Same with the whole Barkley/bad back injury, the Richard Dumas/drugs relapse and the Oliver Miller/obesity issues. Those four factors limited that team/the future.

^ EDIT: though, exluding KJ's injury, the other factors were completely self-inflicted. Barkley became a fatass of his own lax work ethic and excessive indulgences, Dumas was the one who threw away a promising career for blow and Miller doing the same for dough (as in Pizza). It got so bad with Miller the team hired a private investigator to track his nightly habits, to which they found he often ordered large pizza after large pizza, each of which was consumed by the next morning.

mardigan
03-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Godamn Oliver Miller was a fatass

JMarkJohns
03-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Godamn Oliver Miller was a fatass

Yeah...
http://hoopsanalyst.com/Oliver%20Miller%20for%20web.jpg

I read he got as fat as 370 at one point. He was big at 270. Think about that.

mardigan
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Jesus man, how long ago is that picture from? He looks huge

JMarkJohns
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
A few years ago. I think that was either the ABA or the NBDL.

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Oh so you must be a spellaticion huh? Guess I met my match, maybe I need to get spellcheck or something...

Yeah, a spellaticion. :lol
And I should get a calculator, huh? Fucking bright :lmao

stretch
03-04-2007, 12:17 AM

except that the Red Sox actually had won titles previously. the Suns never won a title. so i dont think they are like the Red Sox at all.