PDA

View Full Version : Road Warriors - Speaking of Streaks

Solid D
03-04-2007, 01:35 AM
The win in Houston clinched San Antonio's 10th straight winning road season.

The Lakers and Celtics are the only other NBA teams to have accomplished this record.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I guess it's a good thing that they won't have HCA against the Mavs/Suns in the postseason :lol

Dirkadirkastan
03-04-2007, 01:56 AM
:depressed

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh yeah, that's wonderful. That's just awesome and it puts them on equal level with the great Lakers and Celtics teams of the past. Seriously. You can compare the Spurs with those teams all day and see how they're just so alike.

But the Mavs and their 30+ win streak over sub-.500 teams? Nah, it don't mean shit. Their 50-5 run, only accomplished by them and the '96 Bulls? Don't mention the two in the same breath. I mean, they don't hand out trophies for this, do they? It's totally meaningless on all fronts.

But those Spurs, man, they've become legendary now. Celtics, Lakers, Spurs all in a row... I just had an orgasm.

Shut the hell up. No one is equating them to those teams, just pointing out how many they've won on the road.

And everyone here knows what the Mavs have done and this thread didn't mention that Mavs.

T Park
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Kori, it didn't hurt in 05 :)

timvp
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Celtics, Lakers, Spurs all in a row

Actually, it's Lakers, Spurs and then Celtics now.

:fro

ponky
03-04-2007, 02:07 AM
nice accomplishment...and dirkadirkastan, viva las espuelas always disses anything mavs related like the 50 wins in 55 games, not all spurs fans are like him

sprrs
03-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Oh yeah, that's wonderful. That's just awesome and it puts them on equal level with the great Lakers and Celtics teams of the past. Seriously. You can compare the Spurs with those teams all day and see how they're just so alike.

But the Mavs and their 30+ win streak over sub-.500 teams? Nah, it don't mean shit. Their 50-5 run, only accomplished by them and the '96 Bulls? Don't mention the two in the same breath. I mean, they don't hand out trophies for this, do they? It's totally meaningless on all fronts.

But those Spurs, man, they've become legendary now. Celtics, Lakers, Spurs all in a row... I just had an orgasm.

Way to ruin a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the Mavs.

Dirkadirkastan
03-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Fine, whatever. It just gets old that every single thing Dallas does gets the automatic response, "You don't have a title so it doesn't matter".

I'll erase my last post, even though people already quoted me.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Fine, whatever. It just gets old that every single thing Dallas does gets the automatic response, "You don't have a title so it doesn't matter".

but nobady in this thread mentioned Dallas' lack of titles

SRJ
03-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Hey Dirkadirkastan, your team is having an all-time type of season, no question about it. I'd say the majority of Spurs fans respect it, although we're a wee bit less inclined to be proud of it, seeing as we'd rather our team get all the glory. I know you want the same for your team.

But what has your team done for ten straight years other than stockpile appearances at the annual Draft Lottery show?

Jimcs50
03-04-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61481

This is funny, because I am usually the one that is slow on the draw, and people are pointing it out to me, but did anyone point out that you are late???? No, so I am left to do it myself.

Solid D
03-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Oops. I just came back in and noticed that you had a thread on it, Jim. For some reason, when I checked last night to see if a thread already existed...I missed seeing yours. I'm sorry about that Doc!

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2007, 05:38 PM
If you go back to 1993-94, the Spurs have had winning road records in 13 of 14 consecutive seasons.

Of course, they've also won at least 53 games (or the statistical equivalent) in every season over that stretch as well.

ashbeeigh
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM

www.spurstalk.com

Fernando TD21
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
The win in Houston clinched San Antonio's 10th straight winning road season.

The Lakers and Celtics are the only other NBA teams to have accomplished this record.
How many straight winning road seasons does the Lakers and the Celtics have?

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
How many straight winning road seasons does the Lakers and the Celtics have?

Kori posted this elsewhere, but:

Saturday's victory assured the Spurs of a winning road record for the 10th consecutive season, tying them with the Boston Celtics (1959-68) for second place all-time. Only the Los Angeles Lakers, who didn't have a losing road record for 12 seasons from 1979-90, have a longer streak.

Spurs Notebook (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030407.10C.BKNspurs.parker.3c25af8.html)

Fernando TD21
03-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Kori posted this elsewhere, but:

Saturday's victory assured the Spurs of a winning road record for the 10th consecutive season, tying them with the Boston Celtics (1959-68) for second place all-time. Only the Los Angeles Lakers, who didn't have a losing road record for 12 seasons from 1979-90, have a longer streak.

Spurs Notebook (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030407.10C.BKNspurs.parker.3c25af8.html)
Thanks. I think the spurs has good chances to break the Lakers record too. :flag:

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM

You're a fucking moron. This thread is about the Spurs on a Spurs board. Why do you have your panties in such a bunch because we're not on our knees for your Mavs?

If you want that shit, go to Mavstalk.

ShoogarBear
03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
This is funny, because I am usually the one that is slow on the draw, But quick on the fire, so I hear.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-04-2007, 11:44 PM

Go back to Iran you gotdamn commie bastard!

baseline bum
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
If you want to fellate the Mavericks in every thread, go to your own fucking board.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
nice accomplishment...and dirkadirkastan, viva las espuelas always disses anything mavs related like the 50 wins in 55 games, not all spurs fans are like himsettle down, punky.