PDA

View Full Version : Whos spot is ely going to take?

The_Worlds_finest
03-04-2007, 11:57 PM
The two canidates are obviously Beno and Berto
Beno sometimes produces but you put him in situations such as typical point guard duties he screws up as seen v. pistons of 2005...also I dont really see him having sole impact on one single game in the playoffs.

Berto has had that one solid solid game early in the year v. suns...he sometimes pulls rebounds, sometimes makes a pretty pass here and there,can show glimmers of a decent turn around, and oh yeah when pop put him up against dork in the mavs game awhile back he was eaten alive... although I cant really see him being "that guy" that contributes to a game win in a series I think he has more of a chance...thoughts?

Anyway I can start a bet on who moves to the IR to make room for the Spurs new role player?

Kobulingam
03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
The two canidates are obviously Beno and ...

Yeah, Ely is going to take over Beno's spot. Genius.

The_Worlds_finest
03-05-2007, 12:05 AM
are u stupid? spot on active roster dumb fuck

kskonn
03-05-2007, 12:13 AM
well considering they only have 3 guards and have the option of Bonner, Berto, Horry, Ducan, Elson at C/F I would assume Berto or Bonner would be off the active roster. It is not a lock that Ely will make it on to the roster, he was only on the roster last night because parker sat for the game.

The_Worlds_finest
03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Alright well throw bonner i dont think beno is off the hook. Considering the Spurs run barry at the point from time to time and sometimes manu
Bonner has the ability to hit a big shot, although hasnt done it yet for the spurs. Although he plays little defence i feel he contributes more then berto and beno. Before he got hurt he was playing pretty well putting up decent numbers for the minutes given...

So its between Beno Bonner and Berto

Kobulingam
03-05-2007, 12:33 AM
are u stupid? spot on active roster dumb fuck

Now assume Ely replaced Beno. Now look at the active roster you dumberer fuck.

The_Worlds_finest
03-05-2007, 12:40 AM
refer to above post

RC's Boss
03-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Alright well throw bonner i dont think beno is off the hook. Considering the Spurs run barry at the point from time to time and sometimes manu
Bonner has the ability to hit a big shot, although hasnt done it yet for the spurs. Although he plays little defence i feel he contributes more then berto and beno. Before he got hurt he was playing pretty well putting up decent numbers for the minutes given...

So its between Beno Bonner and Berto
I say Beno, b/c as you said, Barry and Manu can bring the ball up as well. I like Boners energy although his shot has been off (hope he finds it soon) and although he sucks on defense, Obeto is still a center to give fouls on the Amare's, Dirks, Yao's, and Odom's. This is of course IF Pop plays Ely.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Tough decision.

I think his game most resembles Oberto's. So if he can prove he can do what Oberto does better, significantly better, then you have to put him in Oberto's spot. Bonner brings something else to the game, Elson brings something else, Beno...sucks. But you need an insurance blanket for Vaughn

kalikot_boy_kr
03-05-2007, 04:10 AM
hey guys are u a coach?

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 04:13 AM
If he takes anyone's spot, I'm guessing it would be Oberto because they wouldn't need to carry more than five bigs on the active roster.

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Fabricio's.

Bruno
03-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Playoff roster is 13 players with 12 active players you can change before each game.

If Ely doesn't played well, I can see the following scenario : Ely will be on the playoff roster but will be inactive for the playoffs unless Spurs face a team with an heavy and dominant big (like Shaq) where Ely will be another 6 fouls to give.

AFBlue
03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Playoff roster is 13 players with 12 active players you can change before each game.

If Ely doesn't played well, I can see the following scenario : Ely will be on the playoff roster but will be inactive for the playoffs unless Spurs face a team with an heavy and dominant big (like Shaq) where Ely will be another 6 fouls to give.

Interesting....I didn't know they let you carry one extra player into the playoffs.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-05-2007, 09:11 AM
hey guys are u a coach?

Yes.

AFBlue
03-05-2007, 09:15 AM
About replacing Beno, it doesn't make much sense. There are several bigs on the roster and only so much burn you can give them. Besides, Beno seems to have played better since accepting his role as the third string PG playing mostly as a shooter/scorer. By no means do I think he should get his old job back, I just think he has more value than ANOTHER 4/5.

If the Spurs need Ely that bad, they'll sit Oberto.

K-State Spur
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I like Boners energy

This guy?

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Miyuki/4181/cast/Boner.jpg

nkdlunch
03-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Ely is gonna have early summer. He won't break the roster.

yavozerb
03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Ely is gonna have early summer. He won't break the roster.

Agreed!! Pop is not gonna sit down Oberto (who is really the only option) cause he knows the defense and offensive schemes.

objective
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
one possible if unlikely scenario:

He takes Oberto's spot, leading to Oberto being inactive for the post-season.

This 'writing on the wall' of what he has to look forward to next season leads Oberto to ignore the guaranteed money and opt out of his contract this summer, either going back to Europe or trying to go somewhere else in the NBA.

yavozerb
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Why would you change a roster just before playoffs with a player who is still out of shape and knows nothing of defense/offense for the spurs? The only scenario is injury.

xamila rey
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
if we dont play a lot small ball,
i expect Oberto play well in the playoffs,
he plays very good under pressure.

bigdog
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
hey guys are u a coach?
yes,all of us are one coach :spin

bigdog
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
i expect bonner to be out of the playoff roster. for some reason,pop just seems to love oberto too much. Ely will be in the lineup again tonight because Tony is sitll out with the hip injury. Pop wants to evaluate Melvin for the next couple of weeks and give him playing time, and I really do think he will make the playoff roster,because if we use the current roster(given that tony is in the lineup),it will be 12 players,with Melvin starting on the inactive list,then coming into games where we need him in the playoffs

yavozerb
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
i expect bonner to be out of the playoff roster. for some reason,pop just seems to love oberto too much. Ely will be in the lineup again tonight because Tony is sitll out with the hip injury. Pop wants to evaluate Melvin for the next couple of weeks and give him playing time, and I really do think he will make the playoff roster,because if we use the current roster(given that tony is in the lineup),it will be 12 players,with Melvin starting on the inactive list,then coming into games where we need him in the playoffs
Bonner off of the playoff roster, are you sick?? Bonner is probably 7-8 on the depth chart and you think we should sit him for an overweight,brand new to the team, could not make it off of IR for the charlotte bobcats player!! Dude, please no more posts on this subject.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Ely>>Oberto. I may be a mavs fan but Oberto is worthless. Ely is at least athletic, can block shots and box out for boards a hell of alot better then Oberto can. Oberto isnt athletic or even good enough to be on the active roster where Ely (out of shape or not) is.

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Why would you change a roster just before playoffs with a player who is still out of shape and knows nothing of defense/offense for the spurs? The only scenario is injury.
Good Point.I know Fabbs is not doing great,but At least knows the spurs system already(which is very hard to learn according to players)