PDA

View Full Version : Manu Manu???

powerpower
03-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Why is he so inconsistent???

(At one point I am like he plays with an edge, and the next I am like he can't hit anything))))?????

He should be playing the best from the spurs b/c he was the main reason we did not win the title last year

kskonn
03-05-2007, 08:22 AM

(At one point I am like he plays with an edge, and the next I am like he can't hit anything))))?????

He should be playing the best from the spurs b/c he was the main reason we did not win the title last year

WEll I don't think he is not playing well on purspose, I just think he knows when the team needs him to step up. If he comes off the bench and we are up by 20 he is not going to try to take over the game, there is no need.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2007, 08:50 AM
must be the pussy he had for the winning streak which jinx his next game

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
WEll I don't think he is not playing well on purspose, I just think he knows when the team needs him to step up. If he comes off the bench and we are up by 20 he is not going to try to take over the game, there is no need.

The game vs the Rockets was a blow out since the 1st.quarter.There was no need to bring his best game.He has to save some for the playoffs.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 09:26 AM
He usually follows a great performance with a below average, or even crappy, performance...

I expected it, even before the houston game started.

see, that what pisses me off, he's a rhythm player should he have good performances after a good games...?

Sec24Row7
03-05-2007, 10:18 AM
He didnt have a bad game... he had some really nice assists and defensive plays...

nkdlunch
03-05-2007, 10:19 AM
back-to-back and regular season. this does not happen in the playoffs. Why even bitch about it, if we won?

powerpower
03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
skip (cold pizza) just said that manu's foul on dirk was the numbest foul in the nba history..Hopefully we will have manu 05 this year in the playoffs

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 11:09 AM
skip (cold pizza) just said that manu's foul on dirk was the numbest foul in the nba history..Hopefully we will have manu 05 this year in the playoffs

I canīt belive you even listen to those assholes

powerpower
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I canīt belive you even listen to those assholes

yeah, you are right ...they sure sound like assholes....

you know, I am just surprised that no one is giving the spurs a chance to win the western conference finals...even though they are on 8- game wining streak. :(

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
He only scored five points because he doesn't force it when he has a bad game. To get a better perspective about "inconsistency" being an overstatement. Even players like Kobe, Wade, Lebron, and first options like Timmy and Tony, have cold shooting nights. Manu has a lot of convenience on this team, that other capable/potent scorers don't have.

Manu was 1 of 8 instead of 10 of 24, like Arenas, Tmacs and Kobes sometimes have.
Manu's (and Tim, and Tony sometimes) are lucky because he has the other two, which iswhere he decides to help on other things. (Assists, D, Hustle)

Besides every time Manu has a huge offensive game, he settles for kicking out and deferring instead of going to the hole the next game. Because he knows the defenses are extra ready for him, so he takes advantage of that, knowing shooters are more likely to be open. (As if they could do any more to try defending him anyway.)

doldrums
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM

you know, I am just surprised that no one is giving the spurs a chance to win the western conference finals...even though they are on 8- game wining streak. :(

Good, it's better to be off the radar. Let Dallas and the Suns have all the hype. It's when they start believing it that they become vulnerable.

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM

itīs allways been that way,as a spurs fan Iīm already used to,and Iīm cool with it.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
itīs allways been that way,as a spurs fan Iīm already used to,and Iīm cool with it.

i don't know...i think people gave them more chance in 05 than now...but then again they were better than dallas in 05

xamila rey
03-05-2007, 02:05 PM

sorry but this is a weak thread

gospursgooo
03-05-2007, 02:16 PM
sorry but this is a weak thread

Really really weak!

Bruno
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Manu has played at an all star level for more than three months, it's crazy to blame him when he has a not so good game : players aren't robots.

Nikos
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
One of the main reasons he is so inconsistent is because he plays so few minutes. If he had to play 35mpg and required more touches on offense, his bad games would be something like 5-16 or 4-14 as opposed to 1-7, 2-9 etc...

Its Manu's main weakness -- if he was more durable and capable of playing 35mpg, the team would be better off for it. Even if he lost a good chunk of his efficiency he would still be more valuable to this team playing 35-36mpg as opposed to 27-28mpg. But Pop doesn't want to risk things, and Manu hasn't exactly proven that he can handle that situation and stay healthy.

Those extra 7-8 minutes on the floor is much more effective than say Michael Finley or even Brent Barry...

I have trouble deciding how good Manu really is during the regular season. Sometimes he looks like a Top 25 player, on many other nights and in the context of his MPG he looks like hes barely a Top 40 player (if that). I am not really sure how good he really is. In the 2005 playoffs he played like an all star second banana -- actually he was the most productive offensive player (even though the offense ran through Tim Duncan more often).

I guess I would have to make a spreadsheet of the Top 60-70 players to see exactly where Manu ranks. But yeah, he is inconsistent in that he can't play major minutes -- not so much that he plays real bad one night and real good another.. He just has nights where if he isn't making his shot, and the team is winning, he will finish with a stat line like Saturday night against Houston.

Hopefully he can play 34mpg+ in this years playoffs. The team will need the 2005 Playoff Manu back, especially against the elite teams.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Manu has played at an all star level for more than three months, it's crazy to blame him when he has a not so good game : players aren't robots.

i am not blaiming him... i have just notice his inconsistancy
But he has had some great performances

Bruno
03-05-2007, 02:38 PM
i am not blaiming him... i have just notice his inconsistancy
But he has had some great performances

Is Manu more inconsistent than others nba players ?
Maybe it was true last year (mainly because of injuries) but I don't think it's true again this year.
Just a little stat : Manu has only scored less than 10 points three times on the last 40 games.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe it was true last year (mainly because of injuries) but I don't think it's true again this year.
Just a little stat : Manu has only scored less than 10 points three times on the last 40 games.

How many of those games have been above 17 pts

tmtcsc
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Manu consistently gives it everything he has when he is on the court. Sometimes shots don't go in. He plays to win, not score.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM

Manu has been extremely consistent and efficient lately. One subpar shooting night doesn't blow that. I don't know if Spurs fans watch other teams, but even the top players in the league have off nights. Kobe, LeBron, Arenas, everybody. They have nights where they shoot 20%, have a ton of turnovers, whatever.

Maybe if some Spurs fans watched more basketball, they wouldn't be so hard on Manu (and other Spurs players) and appreciate them more.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Manu consistently gives it everything he has when he is on the court. Sometimes shots don't go in. He plays to win, not score.

that's true with me till the fourth quarter...and he's been inconsistant in the fourth with his scoring abilities....

SRJ
03-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Yeah, Dirk going off game after game was all on Manu. [/sarcasm]

powerpower
03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Manu has been extremely consistent and efficient lately. One subpar shooting night doesn't blow that. I don't know if Spurs fans watch other teams, but even the top players in the league have off nights. Kobe, LeBron, Arenas, everybody. They have nights where they shoot 20%, have a ton of turnovers, whatever.

Maybe if some Spurs fans watched more basketball, they wouldn't be so hard on Manu (and other Spurs players) and appreciate them more.

i think that’s because we love the spurs so much we want them to be perfect and that's not gonna happen

smeagol
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM

And he only takes 11.7 shots per game vs Kobe (20.6) or Wade (19.6).

powerpower
03-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, Dirk going off game after game was all on Manu. [/sarcasm]

that foul still hurts .................and it should hurt him even more to a point where he should be playing with revenge

Felonius Monk
03-05-2007, 03:17 PM
that foul still hurts .................and it should hurt him even more to a point where he should be playing with revenge

Why does everyone assume that we would have won the game had Ginobili not fouled? Granted our chances to win would have been greater but certainly not guaranteed.

Consider this scenario, we get the ball with 21 seconds left, ahead by 1. Dallas fouls. Which Spur can consistently make 2 in crunch time? Not Tim, not Tony, and not even Manu who sometimes struggles from the line when it's for the game.

We make 1 of 2. We're ahead by 2 and Dallas has the ball with 14 or more seconds left. There's a decent chance they can tie the game.

And this whole issue is moot if Ginobili misses the 3 ten seconds earlier. Dirk is shooting for the lead.

doldrums
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM

although he had hit the 3 that put them up

smeagol
03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
although he had hit the 3 that put them up
Although he was one of the main reasons we came back from a +15 pt deficit to even have a shot at winning the game.

boutons_
03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
"although he had hit the 3 that put them up"

Manu giveth, and Manu taketh away.

biba
03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
How many of those games have been above 17 pts

19. Not enough ?

I don't see your point : Manu's inconsistency ? his "silly" move of last year's final ? Not enough scoring (see question above) ?

Would U be some undercover Manu hater ?

TMTTRIO
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought Manu has been pretty consistent this season. Also if you look at his stats he's having one of the best years stat wise with the almost the fewest amount of minutes. It's just good to see him play like the old Manu again who can take over a game when needed.

sabar
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
It's luck of the draw. Manu usually doesn't force many bad shots so shot selection generally isn't a problem. When you drive hard to the basket or take a lot of threes you're bound to miss several in a row, even if you shoot 75%. He's no more inconsistent than anyone else so far this season.

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM

itīd be stupid if we blame manu for that foul for the rest of his career,cause he does that all the time,he plays with that energy.Heīll always try to get a block or a game winner down the strech.
Letīs just go back three weeks ago,when he blocked Kobe at the buzzer,and kobe hited him with the elbow,that was a 99% game winner,and he blocked it.
So lets be fair.at the end of the day he have done more good things tham bad things for the spurs.

kskonn
03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
The game vs the Rockets was a blow out since the 1st.quarter.There was no need to bring his best game.He has to save some for the playoffs.

That is exactly what I said. Were you just agreeing?

ArgSpursFan
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
That is exactly what I said. Were you just agreeing?

yes,but just in other words

WalterBenitez
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Manu is Manu, and Manu is unpredictable ... mostly of the games he's almost Manu, so keep calm, Manu will be SuperManu in Playoffs, but you know .. in SuperManu speed he could have good games or those plays like he did on the blondie in the 7th game.

powerpower
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Manu is Manu, and Manu is unpredictable ... mostly of the games he's almost Manu, so keep calm, Manu will be SuperManu in Playoffs, but you know .. in SuperManu speed he could have good games or those plays like he did on the blondie in the 7th game.

let's hope he will be 05

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
we're not hoping for anything. Just that he does what he does. No 05' expectations, just that he plays to win as always.

Clutch20
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Cause you just happen to tune in to those times when he's playing inconsistently.................................... .................................................. ...............no seriously, Manu runs fast and hard all the time. If he, aw hell, why am I explaining this to you, Pop knows when Manu's vibrating like those little metal and plastic football players while he's sitting on the bench, needing a industrial proof velcro to anchor him down.
Pop won't put him in till he slows down to some semblence of focus and prudence, then puts him in the game. If Manu is controlling Manu, he'll contribute on offense as well as defense.
If Manu has uncaged little Manu, turnovers will make you swill your beer and roll your eyes not to mention Manuito throwing a pass to a 9 ft. Tim Duncan or to a Tony Parker that ain't there at all and then that's when he ends up playing super D.
Then you'll see him take a break on the bench with that pensive look on his face.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

aaronstampler
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Fucking troll. I'm so tired of this being brought up over and over again. No matter what the guy does the rest of his life he's going to be like god damn Bill Buckner to some people. The '05 playoffs don't matter, Game 1-6 against Dallas don't matter, his 3 pointer right before the foul don't matter, how well he's played this year doesn't matter, none of it matters.

It all goes back to the one mistake he made his whole life. You are an asshole.

rob5
03-05-2007, 10:32 PM

you're an idiot. how can you blame manu. sure he fouled dirk. but he also sank the 3 on the previous play to give us the chance to win.

WalterBenitez
03-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Manu is Manu, live with that or keep crying!

InAmerica
03-06-2007, 05:49 AM
"although he had hit the 3 that put them up"

Manu giveth, and Manu taketh away.

:lol :lol :lol

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
yesterday vs.the clipps:16 pts(4/8 fg,1/2 3pts, 7/8 ft)8 rbs,and 4 asts.in 25 mins.
and now what?

sammy
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
you're an idiot. how can you blame manu. sure he fouled dirk. but he also sank the 3 on the previous play to give us the chance to win.

I agree! Powerpower is a jackass! Have you even been watching him play this year! This guy plays his heart out! He's competitor and will do everything to help us win! Steals, block shots, rebounding and scoring! Troll go back to your hole in the ground and stay there asshole!