Taco
03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
:dramaquee

mardigan
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes, just to get them out of the Spurs forum

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
No one should have a problem with them if they are talking Spurs basketball in the Spurs forum and Mavs basketball in NBA forum.

nkdlunch
03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I vote for sending them to the TROLL forum. let the TROLLS take care of them.

nkdlunch
03-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I think no only because it will dilute the conversations and talks. It happened when the piston fans moved over to their forum. Yea they chat in spurs/nba forum, but it's not the same.

does anyone else understand what im trying to say? its better if they post in spurs/nba forums

I would agree with you, except 99% of the time Mav fans don't bring ANYTHING intelligent into the conversation. They make us dumber.

boutons_
03-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I think we should slaughter them all and ship to Poland as horsemeat.

"Slaughterhouse Mav" has literary lilt.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I would agree with you, except 99% of the time Mav fans don't bring ANYTHING intelligent into the conversation. They make us dumber.

If Spurs fans would stop screaming, "3 RINGS - YOU HAVE ZERO" to every post by a Mavs fan, then it would probably get better. :lol

Taco
03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
No one should have a problem with them if they are talking Spurs basketball in the Spurs forum and Mavs basketball in NBA forum.

tHE fact remains:
maVs Phans Kant tipe and we kant spel :lol

whottt
03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
The only good Mav fan is a banned Mav fan. :tu

mardigan
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
If Spurs fans would stop screaming, "3 RINGS - YOU HAVE ZERO" to every post by a Mavs fan, then it would probably get better. :lol
If they would stop posting 07 Mavs best team in history threads, then it would probably get a lot better

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
:huh

Don't we already have a Mavs Forum?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Mr. Body
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
They'll just post here, anyway.

Taco
03-05-2007, 04:03 PM

No Way Choogar Bear :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I would love for the Mavs to have their own forum on spurstalk. Imagine I could help lead that board to be the best Mavs message board on the net! :elephant :hungry: :hungry: I HATE the other Mavs message boards but I love this site! Again you have my full support in making a Mavs board!! :)

Budkin
03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, in fact you guys should make forums for every team because this is the best basketball forum on the planet and the more people that know about it the better. :spin

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2007, 04:10 PM
No cause unlike the kings and the pistons they have good enough boards.

Taco
I would love for the Mavs to have their own forum on spurstalk. Imagine I could help lead that board to be the best Mavs message board on the net! :elephant :hungry: :hungry: I HATE the other Mavs message boards but I love this site! Again you have my full support in making a Mavs board!! :)

You tipe too good are you shore you ar a maVs Phan? :wakeup

cornbread
If you build it, they will come. Is this really what you want???

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Besides, if the Mavfans had a separate forum, the Suns fans would get lonely in the NBA forum. :lol

cheguevara
BINGO. Do we really want more retarded mav fans in here? even if in another page? fok no!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
If you build it, they will come. Is this really what you want???

If Kori and LJ make the board and appoint me the leader to help build it, I will infest the site with Mavs fans like a sewer would infest cockroaches!!! :)

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 04:15 PM
If Kori and LJ make the board and appoint me the leader to help build it, I will infest the site with Mavs fans like a sewer would infest cockroaches!!! :)How could they turn down an offer like that?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
How could they turn down an offer like that?

Exactly dawg! Thanks for the support. Love ya bro!! I got your back! :fro

itzsoweezee
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I will infest the site with Mavs fans like a sewer would infest cockroaches!!! :)

very apt analogy (although you got it backwards) :tu

regio
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes, in fact you guys should make forums for every team because this is the best basketball forum on the planet and the more people that know about it the better. :spin

I agree if kori really wants to expand this site I think we need forums for every team. Kind of like realgm only better :smokin
It should be called nbatalk.com

mardigan
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
If Kori and LJ make the board and appoint me the leader to help build it, I will infest the site with Mavs fans like a sewer would infest cockroaches!!! :)
Who nominated you bro?

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks Budkin.

tsb2000
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM

-but isn't that really the bottom line? :lol

I think if there were to be another team added, Dallas would be the obvious choice since Houston's bandwagon is a little light lately. :)

ALVAREZ6
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I think we should get rid of all NBA team forums besides the Spurs because pretty soon every little group of fans is going to want their own forum, and having about 38 forums would be pretty damn annoying. I thought the NBA forum would be fine for all other fans.

cheguevara
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
instead of mavtalk it should be appropriately named mavchoke.com

ALVAREZ6
I think no only because it will dilute the conversations and talks. It happened when the piston fans moved over to their forum. Yea they chat in spurs/nba forum, but it's not the same.

does anyone else understand what im trying to say? its better if they post in spurs/nba forums
I understand exactly what you're trying to say, only opposite.

Bring the Pistons fans back and send the Mavs to the trolls.

sabar
Make a new forum. The NBA forum is completely hijacked by mavs trolls. Every thread in there is "wade sucks lol" "dirk sucks lol" 500 times in one thread. Putting them on ignore doesn't help either since the whole topic gets so sidetracked.

Or just send them to the Trolls forum :lol

Trainwreck2100
instead of mavtalk it should be appropriately named mavchoke.com

consideriong how there already is a mavtalk,

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Make a new forum. The NBA forum is completely hijacked by mavs trolls. Every thread in there is "wade sucks lol" "dirk sucks lol" 500 times in one thread. Putting them on ignore doesn't help either since the whole topic gets so sidetracked.

Dirk AND Wade both suck

GO TIMMY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angel_luv
Giving the Dallas fan boards L.J. and Kori would be like Pop giving Avery Tim Duncan.
Since when are we looking to help our biggest rival?

I say no way!

Kori Ellis
Well I don't know if anyone gets the whole point of the other forums like the Pistons forum. The goal is that when their forum grows big enough, I move them off of SpursTalk and onto their own server, software, etc on PistonTalk.com. Eventually after a few years, that might happen.

But for now, it's fine how it is. The Pistons fans and Kings fans had really bad options for their home forums and wanted a place to talk about their own teams. They were civil about it and got it.

That's where it stands and I don't see anything changing in the near future.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
They'll be a Mavs forum on here over my dead body.

What you die and we still don't have a Mavs forum, will that be ok?

hater
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
If there was a mav forum here, i'd troll the shit out of it.

hell I am forced to troll our own nba forum 'cause the mavs took over it

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
They'll be a Mavs forum on here over my dead body.Well shit, now I have to reconsider.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
If there was a mav forum here, i'd troll the shit out of it.

hell I am forced to troll our own nba forum 'cause the mavs took over it

How very adult of you. :rolleyes

Dirk Nowitzki
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
:depressed Maybe one day I will get the chance to lead a message board to elite status on spurstalk.com!!

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry you don't like me :huh

Not that I don't like you, but its always good to have a backup plan

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Not that I don't like you, but its always good to have a backup planI literally LOL'd.

ALVAREZ6
03-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Funny part is that's exactly right.

The NBA forum is a bunch of Heat and Mavs fans going at it, douche bags like Amarelooms and pussyface.

I say ban all Mavs fans.

whottt
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
For the record...we did have forums for other teams a few years ago...Pacers and Lakers among others. They really didn't get much activity.

I think now it's just a matter of fan participation on the board...if the board has a lot of fans from one team then she might make a forum for them.

The Pistons fans were very deserving. They basically waited all year for the rematch with the Spurs, participating on the forums and representing their team with extreme class(most of them). They didn't really have a main board. FWIW, the Pistons fan bring a lot to the board.

Kings fans, it was a more a matter of taking pity on them because all their boards sucked due to over-moderation or low volume. Kings fans bring a lot to the board too...I am not exactly sure what it is that they're bringing, but they bring a lot of it. Just watch where you step and it's not a problem. ;)

I don't know what her plans are for Mavs and Suns fans...

I guess it's to wait until after we whip your ringless asses in the playoffs this year and see how many of you were bandwaggoners :)

kalikot_boy_kr
03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
i think coach AJ and some mavs group came here to pretend and observed your post?ami right?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Create a link on the main forum listing for a Mavs forum, but have it redirect to the Trolls Forum :tu

phyzik
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
wtf? no option for banning them? oh well, I guess "no" will have to do....

Clutch20
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Sheeee, I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, Dallas fans don't like anything about Dallas.........they gotta go somewhere else where things make sense and the environment is nice and accepting so they can work their angst out, driving us banannas in the process.
That's why I call them Loopies not because on the surface their posts sound so 'loopy" but because disturbingly deep down, they are stuck in loop that plays over and over again, and you know what I'm talking about!

Against my better judgement Kori, but make a nice comfy site for them then.
They're here already.
Cause this is a nice place.

Don Quixote
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Shoot ... we need a Mavs forum in our backyard like we need some new housing projects behind our subdivision.

Hoy
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Cockroaches infest sewer, not the other way. :p:

Don Quixote
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Shoot ... we need a Mavs forum in our backyard like we need some new housing projects behind our subdivision.

Or ... Like we need more FEMA trailers.

like we need more gang shootings

like we need more rappers and two-bit thugs. (You thought All-
Star 2007 in Vegas was bad, just wait till next year ...)

like we need more people to rob our houses (construction materials, tools, fixtures, AC units) when we're away

I got a million of these.

So what was the question again?

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Although I'm a Mavs fan, Talking Mavs with other Mav fans is a little boring. We can all agree that this years team is great, and that Dirk should be MVP and everything else.

Its the disagreeing that makes this worthwhile (Posting here)

I have started a thread that got yanked, and got me branded a troll, but for the most part I like talking to someone with a different opinion then my own.

Here I can post that "Dirk is the MVP" and get several responces to reply to. Suns fans saying this, Spurs fans saying that.

To me, its fun to agrue my side of the arguement.

If there was a Mavs forum, most likely, I would still post more often here.

Clutch20
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=Wow ... quoting my own post .... let me laugh for a second

Alright[/QUOTE]
Well, looks like the "NO's" have it.
dalhoop if you were more subtle, smoother and craftier at disagreeing no one would notice but really, you're at somebody else's house; you would do well to think about the notion that common courtesy and honey attracts more than goofy one-dimensional dialogue wrapped in a goodwill that is so transparent.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
No. I like it being one big disfunctional family. And also it makes the Mavs fans the odd group out; they don't have a home, so they're not always gonna have that assurance that they're entirely welcome like what the Pistons fans and the Kings fans have. And rightfully so.

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
dalhoop if you were more subtle, smoother and craftier at disagreeing no one would notice but really, you're at somebody else's house; you would do well to think about the notion that common courtesy and honey attracts more than goofy one-dimensional dialogue wrapped in a goodwill that is so transparent.

Are you sure that you have the right guy?

I have yet to call anyone anyname, other then the one that they have signed on with. This is far more then other more "seasoned" posters can say.

I have not posted the statement "The Mavs are great" or anything like that. Also, the words "We are going to win it all" or anything like it have not been typed by me. Not that I haven't seen others posting those thoughts.

I rarely post single lines posts. If I do, its an answer to a spacific question. Personally, I think that my posts are too long ... but when I get typing ... I just keep going.

The ONE thread that I started, had to do with the acquisitions of Butler and Elson and the timing of the move. (I questioned if the Spurs fans looked at the players and what they really were ... second and third tear players, instead of believing what the talking heads said about them)

It was explained to me the reason that it was deleted and I accepted that.

See this post is getting too long

I dare you to look through all my post and fine ONE, just ONE, where I was anything but kind to the other posters.

I think you have the wrong guy.

dallaskd
03-05-2007, 10:32 PM
you keep saying mavs fans ruin the forum. well give us our own! theres more mavs fans here than pistons.

dallaskd
03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
pistons>spurs is the only one that ever posts

Pugglekicker_21
03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
tHE fact remains:
maVs Phans Kant tipe and we kant spel :lol

I voted for that simply because Im indifferent to it. I think, though, that it maybe should be considered if another 7 game series happens this time around again.

Clutch20
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Are you sure that you have the right guy?

I have yet to call anyone anyname, other then the one that they have signed on with. This is far more then other more "seasoned" posters can say.

I have not posted the statement "The Mavs are great" or anything like that. Also, the words "We are going to win it all" or anything like it have not been typed by me. Not that I haven't seen others posting those thoughts.

I rarely post single lines posts. If I do, its an answer to a spacific question. Personally, I think that my posts are too long ... but when I get typing ... I just keep going.

The ONE thread that I started, had to do with the acquisitions of Butler and Elson and the timing of the move. (I questioned if the Spurs fans looked at the players and what they really were ... second and third tear players, instead of believing what the talking heads said about them)

It was explained to me the reason that it was deleted and I accepted that.

See this post is getting too long

I dare you to look through all my post and fine ONE, just ONE, where I was anything but kind to the other posters.

I think you have the wrong guy.
dalhoop dalhoop, you mirrored my contentions about "generalities" in some other thread and were practically agreeing about disagreeing on that one, followed by referring about the upcoming Houston game:

Spurs record's suspect because they garnered current record against Eastern teams.

"Their record is not suspect. Thier current streak of wins has been against mostly Eastern teams .... Two good teams, three lesser Eastern teams. How they play against the Rockets well tell how "Suspect"
A rather unrefined and clueless post that ran a parallel track with my own contentions. No matter how small and insignificant the gnat, it is invasive and
obtrusive to the host to the point that no matter what the gnat says it's ramblings are lost in the resultant slap that ensues.

Well?

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
You original line ....

Spurs record's suspect because they garnered current record against Eastern teams.

Is in two parts. I answered in two parts.

The first part of the statement "The Spurs record is suspect" to which my answer was "Their record is not suspect."

The second part of your statement ..

because they garnered current record against Eastern teams.

I took this to mean their current winning streak ... To which I answered

"Thier current streak of wins has been against mostly Eastern teams .... Two good teams, three lesser Eastern teams. How they play against the Rockets well tell how "Suspect""

The "Suspect" refered to their current streak and whether it was "fools gold" .... the way they played against the Rockets showed me that their current streak is not "Suspect" ... for what its worth.

I believed that you were tring to clerify my thoughts by saying that the Spurs entire record was "Suspect" ... When what I was saying was that the current streak was ... Not the season as a whole.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Clutch20
03-05-2007, 11:07 PM
S'ok!

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 11:14 PM
That was the worst post you could find? :)

I'm such a nice guy :)

adrienne
03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
A Mavs forum isn't the answer...love and peace between Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Pistons fans alike is the answer. :makeout

J.T.
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
http://bradley.chattablogs.com/dr.evil.jpg
How 'bout no, Scott?

FWIW most Mav fans here just troll, there are about 5 or 6 decent posters that aren't constantly running diarrhea out of their mouths. Don't give them their own forum. So far AHF's idea sounds like the best one.

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Waiting for the first "piece of love" comment . . .

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
FWIW most Mav fans here just troll, there are about 5 or 6 decent posters that aren't constantly running diarrhea out of their mouths. Don't give them their own forum. So far AHF's idea sounds like the best one.

Actually most of the Mavs fans don't troll. But some Spurs fans overreact to every one of their posts and turn it into a smack session. They used to mostly troll, now they are mostly regular posters.

Anyway, I don't know why this conversation/thread is still going with suggestions and how we should handle it, etc. It's not a democracy here :lol and I answered earlier.

Well I don't know if anyone gets the whole point of the other forums like the Pistons forum. The goal is that when their forum grows big enough, I move them off of SpursTalk and onto their own server, software, etc on PistonTalk.com. Eventually after a few years, that might happen.

But for now, it's fine how it is. The Pistons fans and Kings fans had really bad options for their home forums and wanted a place to talk about their own teams. They were civil about it and got it.

That's where it stands and I don't see anything changing in the near future.

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Anyway, I don't know why this conversation/thread is still going with suggestions and how we should handle it, etc. It's not a democracy here and I answered earlier.

So, what, your saying that my vote didn't count? Man, that bites. Its just like voting for the President

:)

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 11:32 PM
So, what, your saying that my vote didn't count? Man, that bites. Its just like voting for the President

:)

:) I guess it counts in the sense that everyone can see what everyone else is thinking. But right now, nothing is going to change for a while.

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I would rather post here anyway :)

On a side note, why is Dalhoop in green and some of the other names in black? And where did my Sig go?

ShoogarBear
03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
You remain green until the admins change you. There will be an announcement from time to time for batch requests to change your title from "Believe." to whatever you desire and at that time your name goes to black.

Sigs are only displayed once per page, to save bandwidth.

Dalhoop
03-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Thank you, I didn't know that.

MavTalker
03-06-2007, 04:24 AM
Those of you who Votes No? can't bitch later when your cheesy forum is over run by Dallas maverick fans.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mavtalk-fire-1.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mouse-talk.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mavtalk-4.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mavtalk.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mav-blast.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mouse-rules-2007.gif

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mavtalk-fire.gif

Flight3107
03-06-2007, 05:10 AM
^^^^^^ MickeyInSA ??

whottt
03-06-2007, 05:30 AM
pistons>spurs is the only one that ever posts

That's false...there's a good core of 15 or so regular Pistons posters and quite a few more lurkers. 15 doesn't sound like much but it is for a forum that hasn't been around a year yet...and the Pistons aren't having as good of a season as they have the last 2 or 3 years.

Plus some of their bandwaggoners switched teams and still post on the forum as fans of other teams.

I am not sure how the PistonFan heirarchy works(and I don't think they are either)...but it's like P<S is their leader.

ShoogarBear
03-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Those of you who Votes No? can't bitch later when your cheesy forum is over run by Dallas maverick fans.
I figured you liked things cheesy.

ChumpDumper
03-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Those of you who Votes No? can't bitch later when your cheesy forum is over run by Dallas maverick fans.It already is overrun.

And I'm already bitching about it.

George Gervin's Afro
03-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Give them a forum so they backslap in private

Please_dont_ban_me
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
As a sub-forum on this board? Yes.

As a separate board? No.

bigfan
03-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes, just to get them out of the Spurs forum

Exactly.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
The whole Spurs / Mavs fan bickering is good for the forum in my opinion.

spurschick
03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Kori has spoken that nothing is changing at the moment. That being said, here is my two cents... :p:

Every fan base has it's trolls, including the Spurs. There are crappy Mavs fans and decent Mavs fans. If it were my board, and it's not, I would see how things go during the playoffs. If Mavs fans really want their own forum, they should earn it and the playoffs are a good time to do it. Pistons fans and Spurs fans were able to co-exist during the 2005 finals and the mutual respect continues. If Mavs and Spurs fans are able to co-exist during this year's playoffs, with the usual amount of smack of course, I can't say I would mind seeing them get their own forum here.

LilMissSPURfect
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM

my thoughts exactly.........send them back.....opposing views are fine but they sending us to :drunk :drunk :reading :reading :pctoss

ObiwanGinobili
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM

but, but, but.. it's true.
:downspin:

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
but, but, but.. it's true.
:downspin:

Yeah, it's true that the Spurs have 3 rings, but it isn't applicable to every single frickin thing that's posted by a Mavs fan. It's embarrassing that's all Spurs fans can come with and I'm sick of it.

DubMcDub
03-06-2007, 01:11 PM

So true.

Thanks for the thought on this Kori (actually I guess since you didnt start the thread that you may not even be seriously considering it?). If you made a Mavs forum here it'd be really cool.

Taco
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I would love for the Mavs to have their own forum on spurstalk.

If Kori and LJ make the board and appoint me the leader to help build it,

you keep saying mavs fans ruin the forum. well give us our own! theres more mavs fans here than pistons.

So true.

Thanks for the thought on this Kori (actually I guess since you didnt start the thread that you may not even be seriously considering it?). If you made a Mavs forum here it'd be really cool.

Dear Kori

You complete me!!

Signed

Mavs Fans

ShoogarBear
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, it's true that the Spurs have 3 rings, but it isn't applicable to every single frickin thing that's posted by a Mavs fan. It's embarrassing that's all Spurs fans can come with and I'm sick of it.I could switch to Hall of Famers smack.

Hank Hill
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Them Mavrick Fans aint right