PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Homer, and Yes, it's Early, but ...

Guru of Nothing
11-16-2004, 11:04 PM
...this Spurs' team is special.

They remind me of the '83 Sixers, the greatest team of all-time, where all the right players came together at the right time.

.... and while it is on my mind, What the F* ever happened to Billy Cunningham?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-16-2004, 11:06 PM
.... and while it is on my mind, What the F* ever happened to Billy Cunningham?

Smashed over the head with a bottle by a hooker in 1989. :lol

Still a bit early for me to make the call, but I think forgoing the Seattle game, it seems as if more than one Spur is stepping up in every game.

boutons
11-16-2004, 11:20 PM
big big Spurs bench tonight

Spurs shoot 88% in FTs?? 29/33!!

Rummpd
11-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Brown will average at least 0.6 per minute played - mark it down.

This is a special Spurs team = #3 will make them contenders for team of the decade (the Duncan Decade!)

mouse
11-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Maybe you should wait at least till the end of November before you buy a seat for the spurs river barge parade? ...Psssst! ......The Mavs are right around the corner.

ducks
11-16-2004, 11:59 PM
What Corner?
When Have Mavs Even Got To The Finals?

ducks
11-17-2004, 12:01 AM
You Know When Mavs Lose At That Stupid City Called Dallas
It Is Not A Good Night To Brag How Great They Are

ducks
11-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Maybe you should wait at least till the end of November before you buy a seat for the spurs river barge parade? ...Psssst! ......The Mavs are right around the corner.
sa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DALLAS

nba wise
nfl wise even since they do not have one
better ciity wise
better housing
better highways
better people
better jobs

am I missing anything
:fro

Marcus Bryant
11-17-2004, 12:13 AM
A serious philosophical point: if one is a "fan" of a team are they not a "homer"?

Nikos
11-17-2004, 12:16 AM
A little too soon to be going crazy considering they have not beaten any really good teams yet.

Nice to see TP and Beno both do well.

T Park
11-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Miami, LA, Sacrameto,

they have beaten some legit teams Nikos.

No doubt they arent even close to being there, but you can sense this team is scary good.

Nikos
11-17-2004, 12:36 AM
I can sense that the team has the talent and balance to POTENTIALLY be scary good.

But they did beat Miami without Wade, Sacto and LA at home. Neither LA or Sac were particularly playing good ball early in the season, although should get better.

Not trying to be negative, the offense and defense have looked solid as a whole, but the team still has some holes to patchup and some more good teams to beat before deeming them as 'scary good'.

ShoogarBear
11-17-2004, 12:37 AM
A serious philosophical point: if one is a "fan" of a team are they not a "homer"?

Depends on your semantics.

My definition of a homer is someone who adopts the attitude "my team right or wrong". If a player on his team has his faults minimized, and a player on the opposition has their faults maximized.

To a homer, anyone who dares criticize the team or any players on it cannot possibly be a fan of that team.

A homer won't watch any more basketball if his team is eliminated from the playoffs.

mouse
11-17-2004, 12:38 AM
sa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DALLAS

nba wise
nfl wise even since they do not have one
better ciity wise
better housing
better highways
better people
better jobs

am I missing anything
:fro

Other than washing the mayors car?,I don't think so you can go back to your job now :lmao

http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/images/design/Header2_01.gif

Marcus Bryant
11-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Whoa. ducks has gone Puro San Antonio.

Marcus Bryant
11-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Depends on your semantics.

My definition of a homer is someone who adopts the attitude "my team right or wrong". If a player on his team has his faults minimized, and a player on the opposition has their faults maximized.

To a homer, anyone who dares criticize the team or any players on it cannot possibly be a fan of that team.

A homer won't watch any more basketball if his team is eliminated from the playoffs.

But still a true fan believes their favorite team can win every game, no?

gophergeorge
11-17-2004, 10:31 AM
I agree, it is early... But damm... these guys are playing well....

Just pray no one gets hurt!

bigzak25
11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
well, they fell in love with the jumpshot early in the game when they would have been better served attacking...

and TP can get in the paint anytime he wants, and while he won't necessarily score, the foul is almost as automatic as it was for DRob. he can't show the ball too early though....i like the way manu kinda holds it like a football for a step when he drives into traffic.....but yeah, the free throw shooting was great, and with beno, manu, and of course barry shooting the way they are, with an occasional 3 from bruce, things are looking very positive...knock on wood.

dallas is playing better than i thought they would mouse. can dirk keep it up? and what the hell has gotten into seattle. 18 three pointers? damn. minny handled miami as well, with a stellar game from garnett, but i like that our Spurs are able to blow out opponents without TD carrying the load on his shoulders every night....looking good.

GoSpurs21
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
The Mavs are turning the corner of Can Beat the Spurs in the Playoffs Street and headed down Knocked out of the Playoffs By Former Point Guard Bvld.

T Park
11-17-2004, 01:57 PM
But they did beat Miami without Wade, Sacto and LA at home

Boo hoo, cry me a river for Miami.

They beat LA, IN LA.

beat LA quite easily too. Get the facts straight before downplaying the team.

Tonto
11-17-2004, 03:31 PM
The Mavs are turning the corner of Can Beat the Spurs in the Playoffs Street and headed down Knocked out of the Playoffs By Former Point Guard Bvld.

^RACK^ :lmao

Lee Harvey Oswald
11-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Spurs will get shot down if they come to Dallas.

thispego
11-17-2004, 04:15 PM
^^^^^^ By you???? I don't think so!! :lol

http://www.jfklancer.com/photos/Ruby/rubyshot.JPG

Smackie Chan
11-17-2004, 04:45 PM
^RACK^ :lmao

Goddess Spur
11-17-2004, 07:43 PM

:lol Funniest thing I've read all day.

I'm pretty optimistic about this team given it doesn't look like they're going to have the slow start they normally do. Of course, I was optimistic about the team last year, too..

Nikos
11-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Boo hoo, cry me a river for Miami.

They beat LA, IN LA.

beat LA quite easily too. Get the facts straight before downplaying the team.

Sorry I made a mistake about the LA game, still not that impressive although their passing was that night.

I don't appreciate the attitude, but I guess that is just the nature of your posts. Sorry if I am not impressed with the Spurs beating teams they are supposed to beat, and losing to the Sonics badly (who I think are going to fade soon anyway).

ShoogarBear
11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
But still a true fan believes their favorite team can win every game, no?

I don't think a true fan of the Bobcats (and there undoubtedly are some) believes they can win. He may wish and hope for them to win, but he realistically wants the team to be competitive, the games to be entertaining, and to see evidence of hope for the future. Wins are gravy for now.

Spurs fans should believe they can win every game (while knowing that they can't), but also need to know that anything less than the WCF for this team would be a total disappointment. So when we lose, we should have intelligent discourse on whether there was just a blip, or whether there was evidence of something serious which might eventually prevent us from reaching our playoff expectations. (You know, the usual suspects: bad outside shooting, turnovers, offensive rebounds, lack of passion, Pop's substitutions.)

A true fan should be able to put love of the game over team loyalties, thus when the team or a player does something wrong, (s)he should be able to analyze it with other true fans.

A homer after a loss just says it was the refs fault, or David Sterns', or they cheated, or tells everyone else to just STFU.