PDA

View Full Version : First to fall back to earth by game 15, 4 teams?

Rummpd
11-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Which will fall back to earth the most by game 15?

Jazz only a 2 point win over the "pussycats"

Mavs stunk up the joint with a loss

Seattle continues to roll

Suns stay impressive

Longterm predictions:

My prediction fastest relative fall will be the Jazz - this is a very good (and well coached) but not great team that was playing over the head to compensate for injuries = probably at most a 50 win team.

Suns will continue to impress and will Seattle = both on their way to suprising 46 win plus seasons.

Mavs - will win 60 but will get beat in the 2nd round by a real powerhouse - Mn or Spurs.

MadDoc
:smokin :smokin

mouse
11-16-2004, 11:50 PM
Mavs - will win 60 but will get beat in the 2nd round by a real powerhouse - Mn or Spurs.

I know you and many Bi polar Spur fans are feeling real good right about now. You guys are famous for gassing up the river barges after a win and are known to swing from the shower rods after a loss, that is no secret, But do me a favor...

Maybe your cheesy spurs should try beating the Mavs this month before you go tooting your horn about round two... :lmao

ducks
11-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Mavs Suck

Suns Kicked Their Little Balls

ShoogarBear
11-17-2004, 12:41 AM
At least we have successfully gassed up the barges twice at the end of a year.

Meanwhile, the Mavs' confetti still lies unused in the grassy knoll.

T Park
11-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Seattle will crash hard

They are doing it on smoke and mirrors right now, they are doing it by hitting quite a majority of there jump shots, and any team that lives by the jumper, dies by the jumper, and I suspect they are gonna fall pretty hard about the end of November beginning of December

Rummpd
11-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Mouse you are a classic! Rooting for a smoke and mirrors team with a head case as an owner, a coach that looks like he should belong in the local jail or a wino ward, and their only true star (Nov man) runs around looking like a sheepdog with a mop on his head. Plus the team does better when one of their supposed stars, Finley (who always goes soft in crunch time) is out.

I don't under-estimate the eclectic and seemingly deep offensive (at least) talent on the Mavs but in the end it will all be a big waste again.

The Mavs are the Kings, or worse, revisited - close but no cigar ever - mark it down. No way they hang with the improved Spurs or even the Wolves through a 7 game series this year without Nash, Fortson, Walker etc.!

MadDoc :smokin :smokin

GoSpurs21
11-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I know you and many Bi polar Spur fans are feeling real good right about now. You guys are famous for gassing up the river barges after a win and are known to swing from the shower rods after a loss, that is no secret, But do me a favor...

Maybe your cheesy spurs should try beating the Mavs this month before you go tooting your horn about round two... :lmao

Bill Simmons said it best:
"ABC dumping two episodes of "The Benefactor" and airing the season finale ahead of time, just to clear it off the fall schedule before it did any further damage. Wow, Mark Cuban's season ending two weeks early ... it was just like the NBA playoffs!"
every year

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2004, 06:03 PM
The Sonics will eventually start denting rims, and then they'll dent the ground when they plummet back to earth. This isn't the euro-league, no team can last a season living on a steady diet of jumpers.

The Mavs will do their usual stuff of looking legit heading into the playoffs and folding like a lawn chair in the clutch.

I think the Jazz have the legs to be a top four seed in the west, possibly even win their division. They play team ball on both ends of the floor, they're well coached, and that mini-Ivan Drago looking dude is really impressing me. All told I don't think they have the physical power or experience to really make some noise in the post season, but they'll probably make it to the second round.

Phoenix-it's like someone in the Arizona desert stole the DNA of the 2002 Mavs and performed some freaky genetic experiments on the Suns. Exciting to watch, very athletic, but defense wins championships and they don't got it. I expect they'll cool off, but have several hot and cold streaks this season since some of their key players are so injury prone.