PDA

View Full Version : Love High Heels And Hate the Pain ?

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.woai.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=174a1524-f6d0-44e3-95b2-c00c99d7d278
Coming to a store near you: Help for high-heel pain! It is a shoe insert called Insolia. You stick it in your shoe and it is supposed to make wearing high heels so much more comfortable. They were created by a rocket scientist here in San Antonio! News 4 WOAI's Delaine Mathieu puts them to the test.
Most women love high heels. Many will say heels make them look sexier. But high heels can also hurt.

"Your toes start to cramp depending on how high the heel is and you can't walk," says one shoe lover.

There may soon be answer to get rid of the pain.

Insolia inserts stick right inside your shoe and were designed to ease the pain caused by high heels. The creator of Insolia says a woman in 3 inch heels puts most of her weight on her toes. One of the inserts in your shoe is supposed to balance out the weight between your toes and your heel.

We tested the product on several women walking around downtown San Antonio. Overall, most women seemed to feel a difference.

"Feels good," said one tester.

"It is a little softer," says another woman in heels.

Brian Hughes, a former rocket scientist from San Antonio, is the genius behind Insolia inserts. He, along with a podiatrist, created the technology behind Insolia.

We talked with Hughes in 2004 when he launched the original Insolia, which was a high heel shoe sold only at select Nordstrom stores. "I've insured spacecraft. I've built a transatlantic fiber optic cable. I was CEO of the American Rocket Company," he said back then.

But do the inserts actually work? We asked San Antonio podiatrist, Dr. Bhavesh Shah, to check them out.

"You're probably increasing the pressure in the mid-foot area and decreasing the pressure in the fore-foot area, so if you do have a lot of pain wearing high heels, (the inserts) definitely could help," says Shah.

Insolia inserts are supposed to hit the shelves in March. Select H.E.B.'s and CVS pharmacies will carry them around town. They will cost about $10!

I hate wearing heels and if this helps ease the pain then I am going to buy these insoles. The bad thing is I still can't do the firefighting thing in heels... :madrun

Shelly
03-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Ha! My husband knows Dr. Shah and has covered for him and vice-versa.

My problem is pain in my arch. I have really low arches.

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh, your hubby is a podiatrist??? I may have(with your permission) make an appointment...

Pistons < Spurs
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
WOW this could really help me!

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
You wear heels????
Damn, my long distance crush on you is now a memory........

....get away from my heels!!!
:)

Clandestino
03-05-2007, 10:51 PM
some other show had them on tv and many girls said they didn't feel anything different. also, several doctors said they were a gimmick. who knows???

Clandestino
03-05-2007, 10:51 PM
actually,they were on cnn this past weekend

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 11:01 PM
for 10 bucks, I will give them a try. I will have to post my findings here. Ladies (and the cross dressing guys), if any of Y'all buy Insolia, please post here with your opinions. Thank you.

Shelly
03-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Rashofan, I PM'd you...

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 11:03 PM
got it, I replied...

Pistons < Spurs
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Damn, my long distance crush on you is now a memory........

Does that mean no phone sex? :depressed

RashoFan
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
We are having phone sex? Babe, you gotta call to get that. But FYI, if you try calling 911 to get phone sex with me, you may end up in the pokey getting pokeyed for prank calling 911.

Bob Lanier
03-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Get yourself a taller woman. Problem solved.

CuckingFunt
03-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Every time I open The Club, my eyes read this thread's title as "Love High Heels And Pain?"

bgrh
03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
There is a great story out of Austin - KVUE had a actress from Ester's Follies try them. First she puts them in upside down - which I think the CNN reporter did as well. Then she gets it right in sky high "dominatrix" boots. Pretty interesting. The video is the 2nd item on the Insolia News Page (http://insolia.com/news.html)

I'm the rocket scientist by the way. FYI - they are showing up at HEB now too.

ashbeeigh
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
My problem isn't in the arch, and I know I'm digging myself a hole by talking about my feet.. but it's that I have these chubby little baby feet that get squished everytime i wear heels. I had to wear some for a job interview yesterday and to break them in i kept them on for class. I caught one blister, but missed the other and oh my god. I will be wearing flip flops for weeks because of these nasty blisters. Wide sizes are too wide for the back of my feet so I get screwed no matter what. :madrun

Spurfect
03-06-2007, 07:20 PM
i don't like high heels because I can't walk in them....lol

RashoFan
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
There is a great story out of Austin - KVUE had a actress from Ester's Follies try them. First she puts them in upside down - which I think the CNN reporter did as well. Then she gets it right in sky high "dominatrix" boots. Pretty interesting. The video is the 2nd item on the Insolia News Page (http://insolia.com/news.html)

I'm the rocket scientist by the way. FYI - they are showing up at HEB now too.
Oh...I love Ester's Follies at Ester's Pool. Somebody told me they the show was no more...

RashoFan
03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Every time I open The Club, my eyes read this thread's title as "Love High Heels And Pain?"
Oh Baby...:eyebrows

tlongII
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
What if you love high heels and love the pain? :wow

RashoFan
03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
What if you love high heels and love the pain? :wow
mas·och·ism –noun 1. Psychiatry. the condition in which sexual gratification depends on suffering, physical pain, and humiliation.
2. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.
3. the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
4. the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

Does this answer your question?