PDA

View Full Version : Nets@Mavs Game Thread!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! M-A-V-S MAVS MAVS MAVS!!!! Advice to the Nets: stay at your hotel room and conceed cuz you already lost this game. House and Gilmore Girls will be on so you have something to enjoy doing on Tuesday night!!...16 in a row!!!!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

ponky
03-06-2007, 12:17 AM
lol, ur crazy...i'm ready for the game, three games in ten days may be good for the mavs but it's killing me. i'm so proud of the mavs, clinching a playoff berth this early!

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!

texas84
03-06-2007, 12:42 AM
I hope we get 70, but if we don't... no big deal.

I enjoy being cocky about the games, and if they lose... oh well! Having said that, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Mavs killing the Nets tonight. Especially after watching both of the Nets piss poor losses to two of the worst teams in the NBA this weekend.

When does the streak end btw... or does it?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 12:44 AM

I enjoy being cocky about the games, and if they lose... oh well! Having said that, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Mavs killing the Nets tonight. Especially after watching both of the Nets piss poor losses to two of the worst teams in the NBA this weekend.

What is a loss? I kinda forgot the meaning of that word!! :) :lol

ponky
03-06-2007, 12:45 AM

69 is what i want, not 70...why? because all four teams that have gotten 69 wins have gone on to win the championship. 10-11 teams that have achieved 65 wins have won it with 9 of those teams having the regular season MVP on their team...still, i want 69, i could care less about 70

texas84
03-06-2007, 12:48 AM
69 is what i want

That made me chuckle for a second. :p:

ponky
03-06-2007, 12:51 AM
That made me chuckle for a second. :p:

dand, i fell right into that one! :lol

Dalhoop
03-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Getting 70 would require 20-3, we are currently on a 35-2 run. Unlike others, I don't think that AJ would sit Dirk, Terry and Howard. Lessen their minutes, yes, but not sit.

I think the games against the Suns and Spurs close to the end are important games. The Mavs are likely to meet at least one of the two teams in the Playoffs and likely both.

We all know that AJ doesn't allow the team to relax, how many actually think that AJ will go into those two games with a whatever happens, happens attitude?

So it you reduce the big threes minutes to ... say 20 against the "Lesser" teams, and play them in the "meaningful" ones. I think that the Mavs could do it.

Besides, If the goal it to win a ring and you can pick-up prize on the way ... Why not?

Dirkadirkastan
03-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Why so many Mav threads on a Spurs forum?

Oh and BTW you might as well spell "guarantee" correctly in your sig...

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Why so many Mav threads on a Spurs forum?

Oh and BTW you might as well spell "guarantee" correctly in your sig...

this is the NBA forum. We can post Mavs stuff on this part of the site. BTW thanks for the spell check reminder! :)

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2007, 09:17 AM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

BUMP
03-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I think the games against the Suns and Spurs close to the end are important games. The Mavs are likely to meet at least one of the two teams in the Playoffs and likely both.

the good news is that if we lose those games, we have an excuse saying we already clinched the #1 seed and we were just resting :lol

ponky
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
suns and spurs game at the end won't be too important as long as we keep our distance. a couple of years ago, when we played the spurs, pop sat his starters because they already had the #1 seed wrapped up and even though we won the last regular season matchup, it was meaningless because he didn't play duncan and limited the other guys' minutes. we should return the favor if we have an opp, don't let them think they'll win a *real* game against us at the end. mind games.

sandeepgm
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
this is the NBA forum. We can post Mavs stuff on this part of the site. BTW thanks for the spell check reminder! :)

and also please remove that "dirk 2007 NBA 3point champion". It ended long time back and dirk didnt win it, if you didnt notice.

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 11:09 AM
and also please remove that "dirk 2007 NBA 3point champion". It ended long time back and dirk didnt win it, if you didnt notice.
I agree he should remove it. Must be a spurs fan in disguise. His arrogance is freaking annoying.

u2sarajevo
03-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree he should remove it. Must be a spurs fan in disguise. His arrogance is freaking annoying.ding ding ding..... we've got a winner!

Well, maybe not certified spurs fan but certainly fan of another team...

themvp
03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I hope Nachbar will cause you some problems!

mabber
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! M-A-V-S MAVS MAVS MAVS!!!! Advice to the Nets: stay at your hotel room and conceed cuz you already lost this game. House and Gilmore Girls will be on so you have something to enjoy doing on Tuesday night!!...16 in a row!!!!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

Is it really necessary to use those gay, dancing elephants in your posts?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM

I would but Kori is going to make me keep it. I didnt even want that title in the first place and they gave it to me! So before you throw that bs on me, get your facts straight! :rolleyes :rolleyes

u2sarajevo
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Is it really necessary to use those gay, dancing elephants in your posts?The easiest remedy for that is to put him on your ignore list. I never have to read his posts until someone quotes him...

mabber
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
suns and spurs game at the end won't be too important as long as we keep our distance. a couple of years ago, when we played the spurs, pop sat his starters because they already had the #1 seed wrapped up and even though we won the last regular season matchup, it was meaningless because he didn't play duncan and limited the other guys' minutes. we should return the favor if we have an opp, don't let them think they'll win a *real* game against us at the end. mind games.

It will be funny in this forum regardless who wins that Mavs/Spurs game. If the Mavs win, there will be countless threads started by Spur's fans about how it's still just the regular season and the game doesn't mean anything. If the Spurs win, there will be countless threads about how important a win that was for San Antonio (gives the a mental edge, etc..). Whatever fits!!!

Same with a lot of Mav fans on here.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree he should remove it. Must be a spurs fan in disguise. His arrogance is freaking annoying.

Arrogance? Why we actually agree on something. However i would rather be arrogant then cold hearted and lower than dirt. You trying to defend your reasons for saying Wade deserved to get hurt due to trash talking. You could be a Piston fan in disguise. I am sorry I just cant be happy about a players injury no matter what he said to my team or what he did on the court.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Is it really necessary to use those gay, dancing elephants in your posts?

:spin

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
BTW does being a cocky and excited Mavs fan means I am not really a fan of them? :wtf I love my boys yet get accused as a "spurs" fan for showing it. :rolleyes :rolleyes

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Arrogance? Why we actually agree on something. However i would rather be arrogant then cold hearted and lower than dirt. You trying to defend your reasons for saying Wade deserved to get hurt due to trash talking. You could be a Piston fan in disguise. I am sorry I just cant be happy about a players injury no matter what he said to my team or what he did on the court.
I do not wish career ending injury but a few weeks is good. :D He obviously exaggerated the injury like he always does. No one I hate more than Wade. Drama queen piece of shit.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM

but how was that mind games? the season was wrapped up for us so why waste our star players on a meaningless game? I don't think Pop was sticking it to the Mavs, I think he was just doing the smart thing - resting his players for the playoffs

Duncanoypi
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
^so your still wishing for an injury to someone huh?....way to go!

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
^so your still wishing for an injury to someone huh?....way to go!
Go fuck yourself. I did not wish injury but I'm not going to feel bad either. I'm sure you are the same with the player you dislike the most.

Duncanoypi
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
^nope...your mistake...i feel bad for all the players who got hurt...any questions?...

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
^nope...your mistake...i feel bad for all the players who got hurt...any questions?...
Yeah. A few weeks or months is tragic? Yeah if it is more than that than that is being cruel but before that not a big deal.

sandeepgm
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I would but Kori is going to make me keep it. I didnt even want that title in the first place and they gave it to me! So before you throw that bs on me, get your facts straight! :rolleyes :rolleyes

I cant believe that somebody made you take that title. Why would anyone ask you to take up a random title like that? Ofcourse you must have started the "dont even worry. Dirk nowitzki has already won the 3 point competition so the rest of the competitors can sit and relax" post?

ponky
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
but how was that mind games? the season was wrapped up for us so why waste our star players on a meaningless game? I don't think Pop was sticking it to the Mavs, I think he was just doing the smart thing - resting his players for the playoffs

i never said he wasn't doing the smart thing, calm down.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
i never said he wasn't doing the smart thing, calm down.

uhh ponky, you're honestly one of the better mavs fans I know, so believe me when I say that my post wasn't meant to be snarky/assholish at all

But considering you get some BS around here from other posters I understand why you thought I might've been trying to come off that way

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I cant believe that somebody made you take that title. Why would anyone ask you to take up a random title like that? Ofcourse you must have started the "dont even worry. Dirk nowitzki has already won the 3 point competition so the rest of the competitors can sit and relax" post?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1446956#post1446956

I wanted "Mavs 2007 Champs" and they gave me this shitty title. :lol

dg7md
03-06-2007, 04:53 PM
They're due to a meltdown by averages, although it'd be strange to see, they aren't going to play at this incredible level every game every night.

nsrammstein
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
They're due to a meltdown by averages, although it'd be strange to see, they aren't going to play at this incredible level every game every night.

fans have been saying that for the past month or so

dg7md
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
fans have been saying that for the past month or so

Which only makes it more inevitable at some point.

mabber
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM

They really haven't played at a high level for most of this current winning streak. They had their moments but their offense has been a little sluggish lately. They were playing much better in Dec/Jan IMO.

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Which only makes it more inevitable at some point.
Why they are so great is they win even when they are off. They are so deep that they don't have to go on a hot streak for wins. Rebounding and defense allows the streak to go on.

dg7md
03-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Well you all have to remember they aren't the only team in the league that knows how to play basketball. Each team is capable of beating any team on any given night, which is why I don't believe that they'll continue to pull away these victories like they have been.

A lot of the games in which the Mavs win recently is based on lack of quality execution in their opponents at the end of the game. I'm not insulting their success, but luck is a major factor in any team that continues to win as well as greatness.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
while I agree the mavs won't sustain this pace for an entire season, I do think that when it comes down to it, beating them 4 times out of 7 is extremely tough and what will probably have them bring home the trophy this year

mabber
03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Well you all have to remember they aren't the only team in the league that knows how to play basketball. Each team is capable of beating any team on any given night, which is why I don't believe that they'll continue to pull away these victories like they have been.

A lot of the games in which the Mavs win recently is based on lack of quality execution in their opponents at the end of the game. I'm not insulting their success, but luck is a major factor in any team that continues to win as well as greatness.

This is very true. Like I posted earlier, the Mavs really haven't been playing great ball lately. They've been a little lucky and they really haven't played a difficult schedule.

LEONARD
03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Mavs 108
Nets 87

A lot of the games in which the Mavs win recently is based on lack of quality execution in their opponents at the end of the game.

So how you determine what is good D and what is poor execution by the opposing team exactly??? :dizzy

mardigan
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Just dont see any way that the Nets have a chance, this game will probably be over by mid-3rd quarter

ponky
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
uhh ponky, you're honestly one of the better mavs fans I know, so believe me when I say that my post wasn't meant to be snarky/assholish at all

But considering you get some BS around here from other posters I understand why you thought I might've been trying to come off that way

that's cool, i wasn't ticked off or anything, just clarifying that i thought it was very smart of pop to sit the players both to bench them and also to not let the mavs *think* they had any edge over the spurs. it will be interesting to see what they both decide to do this last game though, especially if the spurs have a chance to overtake the suns....excuse the whole *calm down* comment

mardigan
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
So much for this game thread huh? 25-25 in the second 9 minutes to go, Terry is doing real well for the Mavs, Mikey Moore(??) for the Nets

mardigan
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
33-28 Mavs, 6 min. in the second

Agloco
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Getting 70 would require 20-3, we are currently on a 35-2 run. Unlike others, I don't think that AJ would sit Dirk, Terry and Howard. Lessen their minutes, yes, but not sit.

We all know that AJ doesn't allow the team to relax, how many actually think that AJ will go into those two games with a whatever happens, happens attitude?

So it you reduce the big threes minutes to ... say 20 against the "Lesser" teams, and play them in the "meaningful" ones. I think that the Mavs could do it.

Besides, If the goal it to win a ring and you can pick-up prize on the way ... Why not?

Either you lack confidence in the Mavs ability to win the division or you have the picture messed up.

The Suns and Spurs will play each other in the 2-3 matchup before the WFC. IF either of those teams is in the 4 slot it most likely means they aren't advancing past the first round anyway (read: something bad happened...........)

Agloco
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Ask Kori to let you change it to:

Mr. Kapono's beeotch......

Dirk Nowitzki
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Mavs up 72-68 after 3. :sleep :sleep :sleep They will pull away with ease in the 4th game fucking over! Bring on the Lakers!!!! :clap

mavsfan1000
03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Ask Kori to let you change it to:

Mr. Kapono's beeotch......
Or Kapono owns Dirk. :lol

nsrammstein
03-06-2007, 11:11 PM
well you need a little bit of luck to win the championship

01Snake
03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
FUCK Devin Harris! He just HAD to hit the 3 at the end to cost me $20. Bastage!

ponky
03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
FUCK Devin Harris! He just HAD to hit the 3 at the end to cost me $20. Bastage!

:lol :lol :lol WAY TO GET IT DONE MAVERICKS!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-07-2007, 12:16 AM
16 in a row!!! LETS GO MAVS LETS GO MAVS LETS GO MAVS!!!! GOD I LOVE THESE GUYS. I LOVE THESE GUYS!! THEY ARE MY FUCKING DAWGS!!! HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT SHIT WE ARE SEEING HERE FOLKS!! :clap :clap

ponky
03-07-2007, 12:34 AM
16 in a row!!! LETS GO MAVS LETS GO MAVS LETS GO MAVS!!!! GOD I LOVE THESE GUYS. I LOVE THESE GUYS!! THEY ARE MY FUCKING DAWGS!!! HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT SHIT WE ARE SEEING HERE FOLKS!! :clap :clap

lol, just remember, if a spurs fan bashes your enthusiasm point them to the spurs/blazers game thread. they're acting like they just won a playoff game...in other words, fear came out in their fanbase tonight because the spurs barely eeked out a win in the waning minutes of the game...typical for a rookie team to breakdown at the end of a game like that, wouldn't happen with a more experienced team. now maybe some of the idiots going on about point differential b.s. will stfu

mabber
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
lol, just remember, if a spurs fan bashes your enthusiasm point them to the spurs/blazers game thread. they're acting like they just won a playoff game...in other words, fear came out in their fanbase tonight because the spurs barely eeked out a win in the waning minutes of the game...typical for a rookie team to breakdown at the end of a game like that, wouldn't happen with a more experienced team. now maybe some of the idiots going on about point differential b.s. will stfu

Now that the Spurs are hot, these regular season games all of a sudden matter to many of the Spurs fans on here. "Whatever fits" should be the motto of the Spurs forum for these posters.

Of course, it would be the same in any forum so I'm not just picking on Spurs fans. Most fans just want to be positive so they make the current state of their team fit their positive outlook. If the Mavs were having a lame regular season, then a lot of Mav fans would be saying that the Mavs are just waiting for the games that count. It's all very humorous to me.

z0sa
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Did you even see the Blazers game? Those guys were on fire. Ime Udoka going 5/5 to start things should say the whole team was hot. We would play great defense and theyd still hit tough shots. Zach Randolph hit a three with one of our bigs right in his face. It was their night offensively.

Everyone is excited because the spurs of January would not have had the poise to win this one. Its not that the Blazers broke down, its just that the defense we had been playing the whole game finally started working and the open shots wed been missing from 3, all of a sudden started dropping. It didnt have so much to do with us as with the Blazers being unstoppable early on.

ponky
03-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Did you even see the Blazers game? Those guys were on fire. Ime Udoka going 5/5 to start things should say the whole team was hot. We would play great defense and theyd still hit tough shots. Zach Randolph hit a three with one of our bigs right in his face. It was their night offensively.

Everyone is excited because the spurs of January would not have had the poise to win this one. Its not that the Blazers broke down, its just that the defense we had been playing the whole game finally started working and the open shots wed been missing from 3, all of a sudden started dropping. It didnt have so much to do with us as with the Blazers being unstoppable early on.

Umm yes, I watched the game, do you even follow the nature of Spurs fans on spurstalk when it comes to regular season games? Anyway, the Blazers certainly were on fire which is why I put my Vbookie on a Spurs win of less than 7 points. However, the reason the Blazers lose lots of their games is because they tend to lose them in the waning minutes of the game. I watch most of the games around the league, so yes, I've seen several Blazers games and how their young guys give it up at the end.

Like mabber above, I'm not bashing Spurs fans per se, I'm just noting that your celebration is no different than our celebrations during the regular season.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Well basically all Mav fans accuse me of being a "closet spurs fan"
Seriously me being a fucking spurs fan??? :vomit: I would rather be a Heat fan (It is even hard saying that) then to ever root for the Spurs (I do respect the hell out of them). I just dont get how showing passion about my team labels me as something like that. :wtf Yes I am a cocky arrogant son of bitch biased Mavs fan. I will not deny that. I defend them like crazy. I honestly believe deep in my gut that we are going to win the championship this season. Go figure Ponky.