PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State - Not a Single Road Win

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Oklahoma State has done what to many is almost unthinkable in a 30+ game schedule: to go winless in true road games.

This was summed up perfectly tonight when Nebraska went up as much as 29 points on the lonely cowpokes, who will for sure be without a date for the dance.

What was RPI again, Capt. Mike?

gtownspur
03-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Oklahoma State has done what to many is almost unthinkable.....

you mean not marrying one's cousin. It's not uncommon outside Nebraska.

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I think you have that mixed around. Oklahoma is the land of hillbillies and single-line family trees.

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Oklahoma State has done what to many is almost unthinkable in a 30+ game schedule: to go winless in true road games.

This was summed up perfectly tonight when Nebraska went up as much as 29 points on the lonely cowpokes, who will for sure be without a date for the dance.

:lol even though you said, "for sure without.." oklahoma state and the dance don't even belong in the same sentence.

Doug Collins
03-06-2007, 09:25 AM
But but but but they beat Pitt!!!!!!

degenerate_gambler
03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
:lol even though you said, "for sure without.." oklahoma state and the dance don't even belong in the same sentence.

guess they miss that drunk more than they thought they would.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM

Wow, once again, so strange to see people come out of the woodwork when your team is down. How lonley one must be when he knows his team will not even get an NIT bid that he has to make fun of someone else's lack of an NCAA bid. When was the last time Nebraska went to the NCAA Dance by the way (or finished above .500 in conference, even)?

But then, facts are facts.

Neb beat OSU.

OSU is the #7 seed.

Neb is the #10 seed.

We get a rematch Thursday in OKC. How do you feel about that by the way?

Oh, and for good measure, 41-29.

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, once again, so strange to see people come out of the woodwork when your team is down. How lonley one must be when he knows his team will not even get an NIT bid that he has to make fun of someone else's lack of an NCAA bid. When was the last time Nebraska went to the NCAA Dance by the way (or finished above .500 in conference, even)?

Neb beat OSU.

OSU is the #7 seed.

Neb is the #10 seed.

:wtf its alive...?

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Me? Yea. How's that B12 Championship jgw?

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Me? Yea. How's that B12 Championship jgw?

eh, i was wrong. but i bet i was a lot closer to being right than you thought i'd be. btw, i predicted 13-3...

hey i have confidence in my teams...and when i am wrong, its not by much...and when others thought i was crazy.

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM

Neb beat OSU.

OSU is the #7 seed.

Neb is the #10 seed.

Difference between Oklahoma State and Nebraska: Nebraska isn't supposed to be good in Basketball. Not once all year have I said how great our team is and how our RPI rules and how we're going all the way. For a team like Nebraska to finish tied for 7th in conference in basketball is acceptable, especially after only having a coach on the job for 2 months before the season started. For Okie State, which started out the season so strong, and was ranked in the Top 10 for a time, is just a sore and major dissapointment.

How do I feel about the rematch? Good. One of our starters Ryan Anderson was suspended for a BS call during the Colorado game and will be ready to kick some Cowboy ass.

One and Done with basically Home Court advantage. What a great ending to the season.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
OSU isn't supposed to be good in football.

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM

And according to the rest of the Big 12, neither is Bill Callahan.

If you want to pull the facts up again...

Nebraska played in the Big 12 Championship game and ended the season 2nd overall in conference and played a close game against a Top 10 team in a prestigious bowl. How about OSU?

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Great.... thank you for arriving at my point (some of ya'll are so easily baited).

Is Neb better in basketball because you beat us there?

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Great.... thank you for arriving at my point (some of ya'll are so easily baited).

Is Neb better in basketball because you beat us there?

No, and I never said that. Merely pointing out the textbook collapse of the OSU basketball team.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Is there a textbook for that? Maybe it is found in the same section that houses the textbook collapse of a football team in a game when they are up 16-0 and end up losing by 12.

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Is there a textbook for that? Maybe it is found in the same section that houses the textbook collapse of a football team in a game when they are up 16-0 and end up losing by 12.

Funny, being down by three possessions and losing by two isn't that hard to grasp in football.

Being in the Top 10 in January and failing to make the dance altogether though?

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Has Neb ever been in the Top 10 in basketball?

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Has Neb ever been in the Top 10 in basketball?

Once again, as stated before, that's not the point here.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Of course not, the point is to poke fun at the fact OSU was Top 10 and has fallen mightily, even so much so as to get beaten by a lowly program like Neb.

Flip side to that is... at least my teams has BEEN to the Top 10.

Once again, act like you been there.

Oh wait, you haven't.

SrA Husker
03-06-2007, 04:32 PM
If you spend all december and all january talking about RPI and how great the Cowpokes are, you get it right back at you in March by anyone. Forget for one second I'm a Husker fan. Everything I say still applies.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Please find a post where I stated how good OSU was.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
7-24
"UT loses everyone. uo loses everyone and a coach. OSU is still very young and turnover prone."

12-06
"OSU almost blew it. We have the talent to play with anyone in the nation. We also have the turnovers to lose to anyone."

1-22
"Again, you are barking up the wrong tree. I have constantly maintained OSU is not a very good team."

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Of course not, the point is to poke fun at the fact OSU was Top 10 and has fallen mightily, even so much so as to get beaten by a lowly program like Neb.

Flip side to that is... at least my teams has BEEN to the Top 10.

Once again, act like you been there.

Oh wait, you haven't.

are you a girl?

K-State Spur
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
By the way, thanks Okies for playing your one good game in your last 10 against the Cats...

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
are you a girl?

Nice. Typical jgw when he has no other recourse to result to personal attacks. You = jerk; me = realist.

Hey, ksu, np. Glad we can spread the misery.

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice. Typical jgw when he has no other recourse to result to personal attacks. You = jerk; me = realist.

Hey, ksu, np. Glad we can spread the misery.

actually, i am anti what you speak of. i asked if you were a girl, b/c you act like one. you post the same irrelevant garbage over and over, "...act like you been there, oh wait you haven't...(waaa)...act like you've been there, oh wait you haven't." blah, blah, blah...just go away, like your basketball team did.

RonMexico
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM

So.... what are they supposed to be good in with those billions of dollars of life insurance policies and T. Boone's money in their pocket?

I'm still wondering what is good about that school besides the wrestling titles they won a long time ago...

Doug Collins
03-06-2007, 10:59 PM
So.... what are they supposed to be good in with those billions of dollars of life insurance policies and T. Boone's money in their pocket?

I'm still wondering what is good about that school besides the wrestling titles they won a long time ago...

They should use those billions to build an arboretum to protect the endangered and elusive 'humor tree'.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM

When's the last B12 Championship of any kind that atm won?

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 08:30 AM
When's the last B12 Championship of any kind that atm won?

http://www.ncaasports.com/swimming/womens/story/10012624

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Exactly. Hard to make fun of wrasslin or golf when the only recent title you have of any kind is chicks pool.

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Exactly. Hard to make fun of wrasslin or golf when the only recent title you have of any kind is chicks pool.

you asked, all i did was supply.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:38 AM
And thank you for that.

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 08:38 AM
oh, and women's bball too...this year.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
you post the same irrelevant garbage over and over,

Hahahaha did you actually just say that? Talk about pot meeting kettle.

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Hahahaha did you actually just say that? Talk about pot meeting kettle.

i post some of the same stuff, sometimes. but only when its relevant...

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
The only people that think what you post is relevant are about 2 of your aggy friends. Everyone else on this board delights in poking fun at you because you post such nonsense.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 08:56 AM
And since you haven't volunteered, the atm men have not won any sort of B12 Championship since the 2001 Outdoor Track title and 2001 Tennis.

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 09:27 AM
And since you haven't volunteered, the atm men have not won any sort of B12 Championship since the 2001 Outdoor Track title and 2001 Tennis.

Awesome... your team still sucks... but like a typical Spurs fan you can start the "act like you've been there" and "look at all our old championships" B.S. all over again.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Haha nice. Sad to try and make fun of someone who has something you want so badly.

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Haha nice. Sad to try and make fun of someone who has something you want so badly.

What exactly do I want?

JamesOn Curry? No
Mario Boggan being a cancer on my team? No
Zero road wins? No
Some old title and a program that is spiraling downward? No
You as a fan of my team? No
Better RPI than OSU? Mixed
A small penis (yours)? No
Absolute collapse of my team in the second half of the season? No
John Lucas III as an alum? No
Nickname of "Cowpokes"? No
Your admission that you were completely wrong and jumped to far too many conclusions when your team was 15-1? Absolutely.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Awesome... your team still sucks... but like a typical Spurs fan you can start the "act like you've been there" and "look at all our old championships" B.S. all over again.

How about a Championship, Mr. Phx fan? I'd say 2005 is pretty recent.

Or how about Final Four? I'd say 2004 is pretty recent.

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't want those... I want them in 2007.

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
And when you don't get them... you will become a typical cubbies type fan and discount what everyone else has done and say "Wait until next year."

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 09:59 AM
I think there's only one person who has to "wait until next year" and his name is CaptPoke himself...

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
If that is your only arguement, then you have already lost. Which we knew you had anyway.

Wait til next year is the cry of the fan who has never gotten the dream.

Like Phx basketball.

Or atm basketball.

Or Atlanta football.

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Atlanta football? Just because I have herpes doesn't mean I'm a fan of that coach killing franchise.

Now, if you want to talk about losers, then we can definitely discuss Cardinals football.

Wait til next year is the cry of the fan who has lost the dream for a long time (OSU everything, Red Sox baseball until 2004, and Cubs baseball for all these years)

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Hahah OSU everything. Again... atms LAST men's B12 Championship... in ANY sport? How about the LAST atm National Chamopionship... in ANY sport? Thanks for playing.

RonMexico
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
1939 - football.

Last OSU men's non-wrestling ANYTHING?

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
2006 golf