PDA

View Full Version : Beno is the Truth!

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Dude is killer since all star break!

rayray2k8
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah he looks pretty good in garbage time.

VaSpursFan
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
no matter how you look at it...beno still sucks. JV has been a pleasant surprise

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah he looks pretty good in garbage time.

22 Minutes ain't garbage son!

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 10:59 AM
no matter how you look at it...beno still sucks. JV has been a pleasant surprise

Sucking to the tune of 57% FG and 80% in March...

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I liked the way he played these last 3 or 4 games,It looks like He feels more confortable with Manu on the court,tham Barry.

boutons_
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
He's getting some results, like scoring again, but I think he's still spooked and trying too hard, resulting in TOs.

22 mins isn't garbage time. It's about the same as Brent's and Michael's MPG.

He's not out of the hole, yet, and Pop patted him on the butt as he came to the bench for a timeout just after turning it over.

Getting Beno back on track could be a silver lining on Tony's injury. Going into the playoffs with only 2 PGs is risky.

SequSpur
03-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Beno is da troof.

Dude was droppin bombs last night like Kerr Jr. Sheyitt. :smokin

K-State Spur
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Anyway you cut it, Beno is playing the best ball that we have seen out of him in a long time. He's showing his range, he's splitting double teams, he's even pretending to show some effort on defense.

SOOOOO GLAD that he didn't do this before the trading deadline. That would have sucked if he had actually done some things that would have given him some value......

Jimcs50
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Beno just needed a chance.

Pop has had him on short leash since day 1.

Fuck Pop.

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Last night:

-8: Beno Udrih
+21: Jacque Vaughn

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyway you cut it, Beno is playing the best ball that we have seen out of him in a long time. He's showing his range, he's splitting double teams, he's even pretending to show some effort on defense.

SOOOOO GLAD that he didn't do this before the trading deadline. That would have sucked if he had actually done some things that would have given him some value......

Actually that would have been awesome (for him and the Spurs) if he would have gotten trade value and consequently traded. He's not going to be anything more than the 3rd stringer this year anyway.

phyzik
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Beno has had too many chances IMHO.... Its too little too late for the uunderachieving bastard. Sure he is playing good now but its the same old story, he's gonna end up sucking again and fucking up... just get rid of him already, Im tired of the rollercoaster bullshit.

Spurminator
03-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Last night:

And to add to that....

Beno: 22 min, 49 points scored by LA
Vaughn: 29 min, 32 points scored by LA

Of course, one should consider how much time each had on the court with Bowen/Duncan, etc.

Spurminator
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Of course, one should consider how much time each had on the court with Bowen/Duncan, etc.

So I did...

Vaughn
With Duncan - 22:33
With Bowen - 21:32

Udrih
With Duncan - 9:17
With Bowen - 4:26

MrChug
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Beno has had too many chances IMHO.... Its too little too late for the uunderachieving bastard. Sure he is playing good now but its the same old story, he's gonna end up sucking again and fucking up... just get rid of him already, Im tired of the rollercoaster bullshit.

Okay, okay...I'm not THAT mad, but it's like a new employee that doesn't meet the sales numbers. Only so many chances through out employement, one good month isn't going to change my mind as to how much you suck.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I think his struggles have all been mental, and some things have been cleared up since the break:

1. He's not going to be traded...at least not until the off-season. That means he doesn't have to worry about proving himself night in and night out and can let the game come to him.

2. There's no longer a battle for the backup PG spot. Granted, he lost that battle, but he seems more comfortable out on the floor without having to again prove himself or compete against someone else.

Bottom Line: This kid has a fractured, tempermental psyche and the stability (albiet as a third string PG) has done well with him.

velik_m
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Beno will go back to DNP as soon as Parker comes back.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Beno will go back to DNP as soon as Parker comes back.

Of course he will...he's the third string point guard. I'm just pointing out that he's played well in this latest stretch.

Bruno
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Beno is raising his trade value for this summer. ;)

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Hopefully he's playing his way into the playoff rotation as the off-guard when Phx/Dal go into their small-gaurd sets....though I think it's too hasty to say he's earned anything more than he had prior to the outbursts sans Tony.

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
The thing with Beno is that,since manu is coming from the bench he can share more minutes along with him,and He Doesnīt have to have the responsibility of playing the Point all the time,You actually see manu taking care of the point at some times.I think He feels more confortable playing the SG and shooting from the wings or the corners tham being at the PG spot all the time.
And Itīs working out pretty good though.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
The thing with Beno is that,since manu is coming from the bench he can share more minutes along with him,and He Doesnīt have to have the responsibility of playing the Point all the time,You actually see manu taking care of the point at some times.I think He feels more confortable playing the SG and shooting from the wings or the corners tham being at the PG spot all the time.
And Itīs working out pretty good though.

There's no doubt, Beno feels most comfortable as the scorer off the ball. He needs to have as little responsibility as possible and he might be decent... :lol

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
thatīs on his nature,nothing wrong with it.some players like manu get stronger with that,and some others just donīt feel confortable with it.But I think Manu has something to do with Benoīs comeback.

SequSpur
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
thatīs on his nature,nothing wrong with it.some players like manu get stronger with that,and some others just donīt feel confortable with it.But I think Manu has something to do with Benoīs comeback.

You think Manu created asswipe paper.

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
You think Manu created asswipe paper.

no,watches.He decides what time it is. :smokin

K-State Spur
03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Actually that would have been awesome (for him and the Spurs) if he would have gotten trade value and consequently traded. He's not going to be anything more than the 3rd stringer this year anyway.

:lol sorry Kori, should have added the smiley. Was being very very sarcastic.

phxspurfan
03-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Sucking to the tune of 57% FG and 80% in March against Jason Hart and other 3rd string signees

fixed

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 04:51 PM
fixed

You wanna look a gift horse in the mouth, by all means go ahead. I'm going to celebrate the fact that he has actually stepped his game up, albiet against lesser competition.

K-State Spur
03-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't care who Beno is playing against. A month ago, he couldn't hit a shot if he was alone on the court and he couldn't bring the ball up against a set of tackling dummies.

Nobody is saying that he is a bad ass, just that he is playing better.

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Thats right,It looks like some people just donīt get that we need everybody in the roster to be in good shape for a playoff run.
And I donīt care if Beno is worst or better tham anybody in the team,as long as he gets his confidence back and contributes,even If he plays 5 mins p/game in the playoffs,he has to bring his best game night in and out.Period

phyzik
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
all Im saying is if Beno is the truth, the truth fucking hurts.

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
It always does.You have to fight with what youīve got.

thekingrobert
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
22 mins is garbage time when the game's a blowout

ArgSpursFan
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
hey,Iīve seen the spurs lost when they had a 16 or more pts leads(read vs.the magics in Orlando)and everybody in the bench but manu was sucking.Now at least we can hold on to them leads.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 05:47 PM
22 mins is garbage time when the game's a blowout

The last 5 minutes that Ely and Bonner played were garbage minutes. Hard to say that the second PG off the bench played only garbage minutes.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 05:47 PM
all Im saying is if Beno is the truth, the truth fucking hurts.

The truth shall set you free...

phyzik
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
The truth shall set you free...

In this instance I'd rather be lied to :spin

The Truth #6
03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
No, Walter Berry #6 is The Truth!

phxspurfan
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
The last 5 minutes that Ely and Bonner played were garbage minutes. Hard to say that the second PG off the bench played only garbage minutes.

that was pretty funny when Ely came in just to dribble (not even) it out for 18 seconds. I laughed. I cried. I changed the channel.

phxspurfan
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
btw to get back on topic, Beno is the truth in the same way that Pippen is the done, the OC is the cancelled, and Ron Burgundy is the balls.

AFBlue
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
btw to get back on topic, Beno is the truth in the same way that Pippen is the done, the OC is the cancelled, and Ron Burgundy is the balls.

Diversity, I believe is an old wooden ship from the Civil War...

And Beno is the man!

http://imagenes.estoescine.com/cartel/2547.jpg

remingtonbo2001
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I can understand Beno's mental/pyscological issues. It's a matter of handling the pressures of expectations. This is very difficult when your mind comes into the situation. It causes some to go completely outta rhythm. When I first began playing guitar, this would happen. I could play pretty amazing stuff, just on the fly, but if asked to replay, I couldn't. It was more or less a matter of not thinking and preforming. When your thinking about doing something, it means you haven't decided yet. If you haven't decided yet, then the probable outcomes can be numerous. But if your not thinking, your just flat out determined, then things will go as far as your WILL/SOUL will carry. Obviously, there must be some previous knowledge or ability. Beno just needs to relax and play. He'll be fine. It worked for me

td4mvp21
03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Why couldn't the little bitch play like that before the trade deadline? Fuck that, he still sucks. He sure is a great performer in garbage time. Is there some kind of award for that?

ashbeeigh
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
maybe midgetonadonkey's myspace comments got to him.

pjjrfan
03-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Last night:

Beno played well in the 2nd half, but in the first he came in and turned the ball over twice and really gave the Clippers some fight. I just think that Vaughn is playing incredible ball for us. I'm not sold on Beno though he shot the ball extremely well in the 2nd half, I still see him making crucial turnovers in key moment.

Jimcs50
03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Two 25 footers in last 4 mins, the last one to take the lead to complete the comeback.

:smokin

ArgSpursFan
03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
threadīs name has changed to: Beno is the MUTHERFUCKING TRUTH.!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
haters are just waitin for his next bad game to pounce at the opportunity

Jimcs50
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
haters are just waitin for his next bad game to pounce at the opportunity

Including Pop.

:)

Capt Bringdown
03-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Jaren Jackson undoubtedly sucked, but he helped us win a title.
I hope Beno sucks like JJ did come playoff time.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Jaren Jackson undoubtedly sucked, but he helped us win a title.
I hope Beno sucks like JJ did come playoff time.
Yeah, Beno's making the playoff rotation. :lol

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Beno's making the playoff rotation. :lol

The idea was laughable earlier in the season and is still a longshot, but if he continues to play well, he could be useful to the Spurs playing off the ball in a small-guard set. I don't think he has regained the trust of the coaching staff, but every day he plays well moves him in that direction.