PDA

View Full Version : A Picture Being Worth A Thousand Words

03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
http://www.softgreenglow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/America+is+at+the+mall.jpg

clambake
03-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Shopping at the mall creates the taxes that pay for body armor that Bush doesn't provide. It also pays for the body bags that some of you come home in. Sorry you gave your life for a hoax. If your injured, you can come home and rehabilitate with the mice and the mold, but only for a short time before you're sweeped under the WH rug.

boutons_
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
That's not a picture, it's text, which is stating the truth.

Oh, Gee!!
03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
the troops obviously do not support the average American

ggoose25
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
the troops should not be there in the first place

smeagol
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
What a stupid war.

America is not safer after Iraq.

One thing America is after Iraq is . . . more hated.

Stupid, stupid war.

Yonivore
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
What a stupid war.

America is not safer after Iraq.

One thing America is after Iraq is . . . more hated.

Stupi, stupid war.
So, why haven't we been attacked again? After all, Osama bin Laden declared war on the U.S. and started attacking our assets, culminating in the September 11 attack on our homeland.

Outside of Iraq and Afghanistan, where have we been attacked since 9/11?

Saying that the war in Iraq has not made us safer doesn't make it so. That we have suffered no further attacks, particularly on our homeland, kind of puts the lie to it, if you ask me.

And, if we're so hated, why do people keep coming here?

clambake
03-06-2007, 02:15 PM
People keep coming here to convince our corps. to out-source their business to their countries.

I thought you said Saddam was responsible for 9-11?

Yonivore
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
People keep coming here to convince our corps. to out-source their business to their countries.
Really? How so?

I thought you said Saddam was responsible for 9-11?
You thought wrong.

clambake
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I was joking. What people keep coming? Are you referring to the Iraqis?

Pretty sure you said Saddam was a 9-11 attacker.

Yonivore
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I was joking. What people keep coming? Are you referring to the Iraqis?
Immigrants from all over the world keep coming. There's been no slow down in immigration since our invasion of Iraq. We're as popular a destination as ever.

You'd think if we were so universally hated, people would avoid coming here like the plague.

Maybe it's just a minority -- with a loud voice and a complicit media -- that hates the U.S. And, so, who cares?

Pretty sure you said Saddam was a 9-11 attacker.
Yeah, you and Master Baiter have the same inability to read and understand.

whottt
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
It's good to know that clambake and boutons have stopped going to the mall in support of the troops.

clambake
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
They keep coming because their guessing it's less likely that they'll be killed by american bombs.

Yonivore
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
They keep coming because their guessing it's less likely that they'll be killed by american bombs.
So, they're refugees?

Refugees that are attending our universities, being employed by our companies, starting their own businesses, and buying homes all over the country?

I see.

clambake
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
You're right. They can afford it. Beats getting scrambled by a smart bomb.

PixelPusher
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Of course Americans are at the mall...George Bush told the American people to do exaclty that after 9/11.

boutons_
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
"why haven't we been attacked again?"

9/11 was OBL's extremely successful trap to lure USA into foreign, Muslim lands where the USA could be attacked much easier than taking the war to continental US, where attacks, esp after 9/11, are extremely difficult.

The OBL trap has now killed more US people in Iraq and burned more of US $$$ than 9/11, and the waste continues, with no defined victory sight.

The US hardening its security after 9/11 did not necessitate invading Iraq. Iraq is a neo-cunt sideshow, dubya re-election tactic, and oil grab irrelevant to the war on terror.

If dubya has really stopped attacks on USA after 9/11, why wouldn't he tell us about? He sure made a huge joke of press release about the Miami 7. Maybe because no attacks have been attempted?

01Snake
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
You're right. They can afford it. Beats getting scrambled by a smart bomb.

Lets see. Over half of all new immigrants arrived from just 10 countries:

1. Mexico
2. India
3. Philippines
4. China
5. El Salvadore
6. Dominican Republic
7. Vietnam
8. Columbia
9. Guatemala
10. Russia

Which one of these countries are we bombing??

clambake
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Show the figures. link?

01Snake
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Show the figures. link?

You disagree...you look them up. :D

clambake
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Just as I thought.

01Snake
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Just as I thought.

Lazy?

clambake
03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
What, you want me to run your wild goose chase?

01Snake
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
What, you want me to run your wild goose chase?

You don't believe those stats..prove me wrong.

So which of those countries are we bombing?

George Gervin's Afro
03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Didn't the 9/11 folks plan for 8 years to attack? So unless the next attackers are in Iraq then we've thrown gas on the flames of the middle east for nothing..And we're less safe because of it!! Oh boy did we hear from Yoni and the crowd how Bush was only in office 8 months and ALLthe planing was done under Clinton.. now since the next attack is being planned under Bush's watch I wonder what the talk radio crowd will do then? What if the attackers are planning right now?? what if they aren't in Iraq?...DOH! .

clambake
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
What stats? You named some other countries. You want me to grade your spelling?

Guru of Nothing
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
So, why haven't we been attacked again?

I presume Dubya and the Saudis had a "come to Jesus" meeting.

CuckingFunt
03-07-2007, 02:01 AM
So, why haven't we been attacked again? After all, Osama bin Laden declared war on the U.S. and started attacking our assets, culminating in the September 11 attack on our homeland.

Outside of Iraq and Afghanistan, where have we been attacked since 9/11?

Saying that the war in Iraq has not made us safer doesn't make it so. That we have suffered no further attacks, particularly on our homeland, kind of puts the lie to it, if you ask me.

There's no logical way to make that leap.

Suggesting that there haven't been any terrorist attacks here BECAUSE we started a war in Iraq is as ridiculous as me suggesting that I haven't had any tigers prowling in my front yard BECAUSE I planted a row of roses.

PixelPusher
03-07-2007, 02:03 AM

Suggesting that there haven't been any terrorist attacks here BECAUSE we started a war in Iraq is as ridiculous as me suggesting that I haven't had any tigers prowling in my front yard BECAUSE I planted a row of roses.
Yoni is fine with "unknowables" in this case.

sabar
03-07-2007, 03:04 AM
So instead of being attacked on our own soil or elsewhere and losing maybe 10-20 people in your average small attack or rarely 200+ in a major attack, we went to Iraq and got 10,800 Iraqi combatants killed, 7,500 insurgents killed, 4,200 Iraqi police killed, 2,500 Iraqi military (post invasion) killed, 4,200 coalition members killed (includes US), and 41,000 coalition wounded, in total, an estimated 57,805-63,573 dead from the Iraq war. Iraqis are 50% more likely to die from random insurgent attacks than under Saddam's rule.

I fail to see how this is a better alternative to the occassional terrorist attack, and this assumes best-case scenario that being in Iraq in-fact reduces terrorism. This is clearly not safer either. Basically, "we" (civilians) are safer because we are using another country and our military as a "terrorism sponge".

I also fail to see how you can draw a correlation between 9/11 and no further attacks. Historically attacks have been years apart, and if you include al-Qaeda in Iraq, there have been hundreds of terrorism incidents since 9/11 and the war.

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Shopping at the mall creates the taxes that pay for body armor that Bush doesn't provide. It also pays for the body bags that some of you come home in. Sorry you gave your life for a hoax. If your injured, you can come home and rehabilitate with the mice and the mold, but only for a short time before you're sweeped under the WH rug.

huh?

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 06:53 AM

...he might be right.

01Snake
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
What stats? You named some other countries. You want me to grade your spelling?

Once again, you're not answering the question. Which of the 10 countries mentioned above are we bombing?

Damn, I feel like Chump on the 9/11 thread.
:oops

clambake
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Which of those ten countries are we holding innocent detainees for torture?

Is it all about bombs or a country forcing their will on others?

01Snake
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM

So your not gonna tell me which of those countries is getting bombed by the US? Now it's the US is taking people and torturing them which in turn makes these people pack up their shit and move here? Gotcha.

clambake
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I know as much about those countries being bombed as you do about their immigration stats.

xrayzebra
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
So instead of being attacked on our own soil or elsewhere and losing maybe 10-20 people in your average small attack or rarely 200+ in a major attack, we went to Iraq and got 10,800 Iraqi combatants killed, 7,500 insurgents killed, 4,200 Iraqi police killed, 2,500 Iraqi military (post invasion) killed, 4,200 coalition members killed (includes US), and 41,000 coalition wounded, in total, an estimated 57,805-63,573 dead from the Iraq war. Iraqis are 50% more likely to die from random insurgent attacks than under Saddam's rule.

I fail to see how this is a better alternative to the occassional terrorist attack, and this assumes best-case scenario that being in Iraq in-fact reduces terrorism. This is clearly not safer either. Basically, "we" (civilians) are safer because we are using another country and our military as a "terrorism sponge".

I also fail to see how you can draw a correlation between 9/11 and no further attacks. Historically attacks have been years apart, and if you include al-Qaeda in Iraq, there have been hundreds of terrorism incidents since 9/11 and the war.

Holy smokes, some folks cant see the forest for the
trees. Which is normal for someone who really doesn't
know what is going on in the world.

xrayzebra
03-07-2007, 03:17 PM

And where do you get your information about torture?
How many have we beheaded?

Care to address the other side of coin, or is it that we
are the bad guys?

clambake
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Victims have come forward without denial from our govt.
Soldiers have come forward to admit their involvement.

I guess you have that forest-tree syndrom.

AFE7FATMAN
03-09-2007, 06:47 AM
http://ibdeditorials.com/IMAGES/CARTOONS/toon020807a.gif

ggoose25
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
You could easily replace the words "White House" for U.S Congress, and "Bush fails every attempt to win War on Terror" for the headline on the paper.

boutons_
03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
dubya's bullshit war in Iraq is free advertising, a huge recruiting program for terrorists, more effective recruiting terrorists than it is in recruiting US red-state kids.

dubya's own incompetence in Iraq has caused Iraq to be a lost cause. The Dems are calling him on it, shit or we'll pull you off the pot, and he and the right-wing slime-bots blame Iraq failure on the Dems. Petraeus is saying the military alone can't win in Iraq, and that's the fault of Congress?