PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the home stretch

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not pushing the idea that we get the #1 seed. I don't really even care about that at this point. I am just concerned with ensuring the ship is righted.

This team has been at the top all year, but suffered thru a rare mid-season funk. In a month period, we lost 9 games. Each loss was contested with the exception of beatdowns at Phx and Miami.

Only 3 of those losses were at home, and we have successfully paid back 2 of those losses with road wins (LAL, Hou) and have an upcoming date with Dallas for a chance at the last.

Even as bad as we have been we are still, and have been just about the entire time, the 3rd best record in all of basketball. We started the year shaky at home and were great on the road. We still only have 2 more road losses than Phx and 4 more than Dal.

I think our remaining schedule looks VERY nice for us. Again, not trying to boast for best record, but to simply maintain momentum.

Only remaining road games are @ Port, Sac, Mil, Sea, GS, Indy, Min, Dal, and Mem. 9 road games left. The only team with a winning record is Dal. Of the 6 worst teams record wise in the WC, we play all 6 on the road. Mil has the next to worst record in the EC, and Indy is .500.

Home games, there are 13. Of those 6 teams with the worst records in the WC, the only ones we don't play at home are Min and Mem (Sea, GS, Port, Sac). We have LAC, NOK, Bos, NJ, Indy, Denv all left at home as well. Additionally, we play Utah, Phx and Det (the only teams over .500) at home.

We only have 4 games (3 at home) with teams over .500. We have beaten all 4 of these teams, 2 of them on the road.

We have 10 games left with the 6 worst teams in the WC.

We have 7 games left with other under .500 teams that we have owned this year.

Conversely, Dal has 14 away and 9 at home. They go to Phx and Det and LAL and Clev. They have the Spurs and Utah and Phx at home. They have a 6-game road stretch, come home for 2, and have 3 more on the road.

Phx has 10 away 12 at home. They play @ Dal, Dnv, SA, LAL, Hou. They also have Dnv, LAL, Dal, Det, Hou at home.

I like our schedule. I think it plays well for us. I think we can be playing well and heathly and rested for the playoffs. I like it a lot.

CubanMustGo
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll be very happy if we can catch PHO for #2, and that seems possible, if not probable. The most important thing is to stay healthy and to keep improving as a team.

Bruno
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Utah has an easy schedule too and they are just 1 game behind us.

traitoravery
03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I just hope for no injuries......and the number 2 seed of course. :clap :clap

miss paxton
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Utah has an easy schedule too and they are just 1 game behind us.

That's true, although they do have a 4 games in 5 nights stretch coming up where they play Miami, Orlando, Philly and Cleveland, plus they play Dallas on the road, and Houston twice in April, so it's not all gimmes. I'm glad their game against the Spurs is in SA.

SAtown
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I think it's safe to assume we might not even make it to 2nd seed... so be it. The way this team is rebounding after that mid-season funk is just what we wanted to see. If we can extend this streak to double-digits and keep playing the same type of aggressive basketball that they've been doing the past couple of weeks, we should keep improving.

MajorMike
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Utah is 11-11 home/away. They go to Mia, Clv, SA, Dal, Hou (among others) and have Wash, Phx, Hou at home.

alamo50
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
18 game winning streak is on the way.

Agloco
03-06-2007, 05:51 PM
If the Spurs are playing at the top of thier game, I can see them only losing 2-3 more games: At Dallas, then perhaps some others like Phoenix and Utah.

I tend to think that the Spurs will go 18-4 the rest of the way. Some hiccups are bound to happen (like the second game of back to backs.....)

alamo50
03-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Some hiccups are bound to happen (like the second game of back to backs.....)

Exactly, March 26th in Oakland.
Ending the franchise record 18 game winning streak.

Agloco
03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Exactly, March 26th in Oakland.
Ending the franchise record 18 game winning streak.

The Warriors are as good a candidate as anyone to get it done. Hell, it might happen tonite.......... doubt it though. I think the Spurs are going to put together one hell of a run before their next loss.

boutons_
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Mar. 6 @ Portland W

Mar. 8 @ Sacramento W

Mar. 10 New Jersey W

Mar. 13 Clippers W

Mar. 15 @ Milwaukee W

Mar. 17 Boston W

Mar. 21 Indiana W

Mar. 23 Detroit W

Mar. 25 @ Seattle W
Mar. 26 @ Golden State W (Baron won't be enough)

Mar. 28 NO/Oklahoma City W

Mar. 30 Utah W (payback)
Apr. 1 @ Indiana W

Apr. 3 Seattle W

Apr. 5 Phoenix W?

Apr. 7 Golden State W

Apr. 9 Portland W

Apr. 11 Sacramento W

Apr. 13 @ Minnesota W

Apr. 15 @ Dallas ??
Apr. 16 @ Memphis W

Apr. 18 Denver W