PDA

View Full Version : Saddam and Kofi's Oil Money Used to Pay Terrorists

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Nice touch, don't you think?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041116/ap_on_re_us/oil_for_food_investigation

Drachen
11-17-2004, 02:00 AM
DAMN ..... I AM GOING TO GET FLAMED FOR THIS....
I dont agree with suicide bombing, but I am not a palastinian and dont know the true realities of what israel is putting them through (and vice-versa). I willingly admit this. I do remember, however, another group of people who were financed by a foreign power in order to overthrow their colonizers. To these colonizers this attempt could be construed as a terrorist act (although in this case the terrorism was much more conventional). I am talking about frances role in the american revolution. Now I dont dispute that saddam was a bad man, and his motives for financing the palastinians were more than likely dishonorable (remember one reason the french did this was to weaken england), but from a purely palastinian POV couldnt this be a revolutionary war as well? And the only reason why they have to use unconventional methods is that they dont have the weaponry or finances to actually fight in a war (especially with a very superior US-armed Israeli military).

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-17-2004, 02:11 AM
The Palestinian point of view isn't about revolution, it's about exterminating Jews. In short, they don't feel Israel should exist as a country, and don't believe Zionist Jews should exist as people on this planet.

Little bit different than the Revolutionary War - it wasn't about extinction, just being freed from unpopular rule.