PDA

View Full Version : The reason Beno is playing so well....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 12:41 AM
....is because he's so well rested from all the lack of playing time

seriously.........think about it

:lol :lol :lol

props to Beno

(and hell has frozen over)

RC's Boss
03-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Brrrr!

slayermin
03-07-2007, 12:43 AM
I would say he knew going into the game that he was going to get minutes. I am not sold on him yet. But the last two games are a start.

yankeespur
03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
good call by pop to play beno and JV instead of tony in the second half tonight. some coaches would have been worried about pissing the all star off.

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 12:47 AM
fuckin a.. .Beno came through tonight like a motha fucka....

R A I S E UP B I T C H E S!!!

Ninja-Defense
03-07-2007, 12:47 AM
good call by pop to play beno and JV instead of tony in the second half tonight. some coaches would have been worried about pissing the all star off.

Not only that, but was that Vaughn AND Beno playing together for the bulk of that 4th quarter???

MannyIsGod
03-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Beno is a better SG than a PG for the Spurs. Too bad we're log jamed there. Props to Beno though, that was a great performance for him. If he plays well, the Spurs are better off than they are with Vaughn.

T Park
03-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Beno is a good shooting guard.

Thinking he can be a point guard is lunacy.

T Park
If he plays well, the Spurs are better off than they are with Vaughn

Did Beno learn to play D?

Amuseddaysleeper
I'm still annoyed with the lack of elson

I hope to god this doesn't turn into a another nazr situation

yankeespur
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Not only that, but was that Vaughn AND Beno playing together for the bulk of that 4th quarter???

you sir are correct. who saw that coming in december.

slayermin
03-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Jacque plays hard and his defense is much better than Beno's. He will be great to have against Allen Iverson and Steve Nash.

T Park
03-07-2007, 12:51 AM

You mean playing shitty and then pouting?

I would hope not either.

slayermin
03-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Elson and Ely were the biggest cheerleaders off the bench. It didn't look like they were sulking to me.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 12:54 AM
You mean playing shitty and then pouting?

I would hope not either.

:lol

no, when nazr took that 3 and pissed pop off and virtually got benched for the rest of the playoffs

timvp
03-07-2007, 12:56 AM
It's good to see Beno knock down shots for the first time this season. His shots look a lot smoother coming out of his hands the last couple games. For almost the entire season, he was rushing his shots and shooting line drives that had no chance to go in.

If he can at least be an option at the end of the bench, that'll be good for the Spurs. I still like Vaughn better, but Vaughn could become worthless for the Spurs in the playoffs if he can't knock down jumpers. If that happens, Beno has to be ready to come in and play some backup minutes.

Beno is so much better when he's paired with Vaughn in the backcourt ... but he has to be ready to be called on to play PG if the Spurs need him down the stretch. If he can just knock down open shots, limit turnovers and play decent defense, that could be good enough if Vaughn busts.

yankeespur
03-07-2007, 12:57 AM

i don't think it will. fran seems to be able to catch a pass without fumbling it out of bounds most of the time or doing 700 pump fakes only to get it blocked.

Ninja-Defense
03-07-2007, 12:57 AM
:lol

no, when nazr took that 3 and pissed pop off and virtually got benched for the rest of the playoffs

Ahh, I miss super-pissed Pop...That's been missing a bit this year but I've been seeing that side come out more and more, especially when Beno's in there! :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 12:58 AM
out of curiosity

could Pop just put beno at SG and maybe keep our PG's to just TP and Vaughn or is that too short of a rotation for the PG position?

and maybe we' have too many SG's if made beno an SG as well?

Ninja-Defense
03-07-2007, 12:59 AM
out of curiosity

could Pop just put beno at SG and maybe keep our PG's to just TP and Vaughn or is that too short of a rotation for the PG position?

Man, why can't Manu run point every now and then? I mean, that's what he pretty much did that last half of the 4th quarter.

timvp
03-07-2007, 01:02 AM
out of curiosity

TP and Beno together doesn't work. It's been tried before and the stats of that pairing are consistently horrible.

I think the reason for that is Pop puts Beno at PG when he's paired with Parker ... and it just blows up. When Pop puts Beno and Vaughn together, Pop puts Beno at SG. That works well.

timvp
03-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Man, why can't Manu run point every now and then? I mean, that's what he pretty much did that last half of the 4th quarter.

In half court situations, Manu can play some point. But you don't want him bringing up the ball because all that does is tire him out.

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM
TP and Beno together doesn't work. It's been tried before and the stats of that pairing are consistently horrible.

I think the reason for that is Pop puts Beno at PG when he's paired with Parker ... and it just blows up. When Pop puts Beno and Vaughn together, Pop puts Beno at SG. That works well.

:reading

Hey... someone tell Slomo to send me a Beno Slovenia jersey. shit.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Ahh, I miss super-pissed Pop...That's been missing a bit this year but I've been seeing that side come out more and more, especially when Beno's in there! :lol
Yeah, super-pissed Pop. The Spurs then reeling off that 6-6 record for the rest of the playoffs was classic. Good times. Good times.

aaronstampler
03-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't know what you were watching dude but that Jacque and Beno line up was not helping us in the 4th quarter. Vaughn was terrible tonight on offense and we couldn't stop anybody on defense with Manu playing small forward and Fin playing PF.

When Bowen came in for Vaughn we did a lot better on defense.

Capt Bringdown
03-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I still think Beno could have made a positive impact last year, if given more minutes and room to grow...certainly better than Pop's infatuation with NVE, which yeilded us zilch.

IMO, even if Beno has some good games, all it takes in Pop's system is one mistake and he's back on the bench again. Frustrating.

RADECK
03-07-2007, 06:44 AM
MO, even if Beno has some good games, all it takes in Pop's system is one mistake and he's back on the bench again. Frustrating.---BEST THREAD TODAY!

Sometimes looks like if Pop have bad day it is Benos fault! ! If he would have decent playing time things would be different. Last three games showed that he still knows how to play ball!

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 06:56 AM
I would say he knew going into the game that he was going to get minutes. I am not sold on him yet. But the last two games are a start.

3 games....go back and look at the stats.

RADECK
03-07-2007, 06:57 AM
And stats of Jackie?

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 06:58 AM
The Truth

Texas_Ranger
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Because he knew that he suck before, so now he's got to play good.

Bruno
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Beno is back. :elephant

Even if he has had some good games lately, I don't think Beno will get playtime : he is the 3rd PG and Beno at SG isn't that interesting given that Spurs have Barry and Manu at SG who are too good shooters and playmakers. The only edge of Beno over Barry at SG is that he is quicker, maybe Pop can use him at SG against teams with quick undersized SG but I doubt he will do it.

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Beno is back. :elephant

Even if he has had some good games lately, I don't think Beno will get playtime : he is the 3rd PG and Beno at SG isn't that interesting given that Spurs have Barry and Manu at SG who are too good shooters and playmakers. The only edge of Beno over Barry at SG is that he is quicker, maybe Pop can use him at SG against teams with quick undersized SG but I doubt he will do it.

I think if Beno continues to produce, Pop will take a long look at lining him up at SG against the smaller backcourt lineups of the Suns/Mavs....but in the end, I'm not sure that Pop has the confidence/trust in Beno to produce in games that big.

He was big in Portland last night though....

mabber
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Excuse me for asking this, but what is the deal with Beno? Why are there so many threads about a guy that doesn't even play that much? Is it because there are many posters on here of the same nationality? I'm just curious...no big deal.

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Excuse me for asking this, but what is the deal with Beno? Why are there so many threads about a guy that doesn't even play that much? Is it because there are many posters on here of the same nationality? I'm just curious...no big deal.

He's sort of been an enigma for this team. He has the talent to at least be a legitimate scorer and serviceable PG in this league, but he hasn't always shown the desire and/or confidence to be that player. He should be the answer to the Spurs question at backup PG, but he has consistently let the Spurs down at every opportunity to take the job. It's good to see him playing so well, but the title of the other Beno thread was sort of a sarcastic overreaction to his play of late. No one expects him to be the "truth", in fact no one expects anything of him....which is probably the reason for the talk and slight overreaction.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
that pretty much sums up the general attitude. :tu

in a polite way too. :lol

Obstructed_View
Because he was a first round draft pick that has failed to develop into a competent backup, while Parker was a first round draft pick that developed into an all-star. The fact that Parker was inserted into the starting lineup right away and was allowed to make mistakes as he learned while Beno gets punished with benchings and DNP-CDs is logic that doesn't compute with some of the beno-hating mouth breathers.

If Beno scores a few points and gets a couple of assists in a game, said posters are quick to reference his two turnovers or how he almost picked up his dribble. They can always go back to how horrible he was in that game against Houston at the end of the regular season where he turned the ball over almost as many times as Manu did. Beno has no trade value because he doesn't get any consistent PT and his confidence is constantly being undermined by the head coach, who seems to think making an example of him in front of the team is going to somehow help the team come playoff time.

TDMVPDPOY

his gay friends :(:(

gay-unot

Slo spurs fan
03-07-2007, 10:57 AM

gay-unot
You actualy know his friends?
If the answer is no, just STFU. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
03-07-2007, 11:00 AM

gay-unot

Really, shutup. You are on the verge of being banned permanently with all your nonsense.