PDA

View Full Version : Tonight...

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 12:51 AM
would be a good night to meet up for a drink and celebrate the road to the championship... but I'm tired and honestly, you guys are bunch of gaylords anyway...

So here's to the Spurs!!! :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 12:52 AM
my favorite win of the last month or two

slayermin
03-07-2007, 12:53 AM

The Laker win and the win at Detroit were pretty sweet.

mikeanthony21
03-07-2007, 12:55 AM

So much for being young, athletic, and talented. The Spurs showed tonight why experience still counts for something. :toast

RC's Boss
03-07-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm out of grass....... FUCKKKK!

spurs1990
03-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Oh how I envy ya'll who get to watch The Pride do their thing. Thank JC for TNT Thursday!

DubMcDub
03-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I certainly hope you guys werent some of the ones on here ragging on the Mavs for eeking out close victories against shitty teams at times :lol.

timvp
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Bad defense is good for ratings.

:smokin

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Bad defense is good for ratings.

:smokin

haha

i enjoyed the detroit and laker win but i thought we were really down and out when the blazers kept hitting impossible shots.

that game was a blast to watch.....or the last 2 minutes anyway

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I certainly hope you guys werent some of the ones on here ragging on the Mavs for eeking out close victories against shitty teams at times :lol.

4th game in 5 nights

thank you

plus the mavs have slipped a peg with their level of play but a W is a W

timvp
03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
would be a good night to meet up for a drink and celebrate the road to the championship... but I'm tired and honestly, you guys are bunch of gaylords anyway...

So here's to the Spurs!!! :toast

http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/8f/Attentionwhore.jpg

DubMcDub
03-07-2007, 01:12 AM
4th game in 5 nights

thank you

plus the mavs have slipped a peg with their level of play but a W is a W

Yeah, the Mavs played 4 games in 6 nights 2-3 weeks ago, so congrats.

And I like how win the Spurs barely beat a shitty team it's cause of "championship defense" and "turning the corner", but when the Mavs do the same their "level of play has slipped". :lol

K-State Spur
03-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Lot to like about the 4th quarter tonight, although overall, the rebounding reared its ugly head again, which isn't cause for celebration. However, it was the 4th game in 5 days and we went to small ball for periods (although tonight, we went small not to match-up, but instead to create a mismatch, which was interesting).

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 01:14 AM
http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/8f/Attentionwhore.jpg

:reading

Obstructed_View
03-07-2007, 01:15 AM

And I like how win the Spurs barely beat a shitty team it's cause of "championship defense" and "turning the corner", but when the Mavs do the same their "level of play has slipped". :lol
You know, everything that goes on at Spurstalk isn't about the fucking Mavericks, you menstruating, hormone-imbalanced girl.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 01:15 AM

Because we were going through a massive slump

mavs were playing at an unbelievable level

plus the mavs eeking out wins against barely .500 clubs (and an NJ game that was much closer than the score indicated) shows that yes, they are slipping because its been a string of relatively close games as oppose to a bad night

does this make the spurs better than the mavs right now? no, but i still think the mavs are getting a bit lacksadasical though at the end of the day a W is a W

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Great.. my toast to the Spurs has turned into a talk about the mavs and stupid whore pics.

Nice.

:rolleyes

DubMcDub
03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Because we were going through a massive slump

mavs were playing at an unbelievable level

plus the mavs eeking out wins against barely .500 clubs (and an NJ game that was much closer than the score indicated) shows that yes, they are slipping because its been a string of relatively close games as oppose to a bad night

does this make the spurs better than the mavs right now? no, but i still think the mavs are getting a bit lacksadasical though at the end of the day a W is a W

That's a pretty shortsighted double standard. A 16 game winning streak pretty much necessarily dictates that the Mavs ARE (not were) playing at an unbelievable level. You can't blow out every team you play in the NBA.

Now if your point is simply that the Spurs have improved considerably in recent weeks, then of course I'll concede that. But the Mavs are improving too--it's just not as visible because they were already winning almost every game.

IMO you're exhibiting some pretty wishful thinking in implying that a team on a 16 game winning streak is on the decline while your team is on the rise....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 01:19 AM
well, supposedly we are gaylords so what did you expect sequ?

DubMcDub
03-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Great.. my toast to the Spurs has turned into a talk about the mavs and stupid whore pics.

Nice.

:rolleyes

Sorry. I'll bounce. Cheers. :toast

SequSpur
03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Mavs > Spurs. End of story.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
That's a pretty shortsighted double standard. A 16 game winning streak pretty much necessarily dictates that the Mavs ARE (not were) playing at an unbelievable level. You can't blow out every team you play in the NBA.

Now if your point is simply that the Spurs have improved considerably in recent weeks, then of course I'll concede that. But the Mavs are improving too--it's just not as visible because they were already winning almost every game.

IMO you're exhibiting some pretty wishful thinking in implying that a team on a 16 game winning streak is on the decline while your team is on the rise....

I do think the mavs are on a slight decline and i bet they know it too. They got some lucky wins (and there's nothing wrong with that, all teams need luck) so if anything it could be good for them as they'll wake up a bit more realizing how close these games against poor teams are.

I do think the Spurs are on the rise but in no way do I think they are the mavs level regardless of dallas's sketchy play in recent games

jman3000
03-07-2007, 01:21 AM
i always didnt care much for mav fan vs spur fan battles... but fuck if they don't have the biggest inferiority complex out there.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2007, 01:24 AM
i always didnt care much for mav fan vs spur fan battles... but fuck if they don't have the biggest inferiority complex out there.
Unfortunately, that's a side-effect of actually being inferior.

spurs1990
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Mavs > Spurs. End of story.

Spurs would be favored at home if they played tomorrow though. In other words, I don't believe its mavs>>>Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2007, 01:31 AM
nate had this all scripped out perfectly, showup for the first 3 quarters, and then stink it up in the last like we are trying, and let the other team win, lottery pick no.6 here i come

jman3000
03-07-2007, 01:31 AM
i would like for kailkot boy kr to chime in with his opinion.

dav4463
03-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Is it weird for a SPURS forum to be frequented mostly by SPURS fans? We are supposed to brag about OUR team and root for OUR team to win. I would never go on here and brag about the mavs because I hate them.