PDA

View Full Version : What a great game to be at!

Beaverfuzz
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Heard a few Spurs cheers throughout the building, was nice to finally crush the Blazer fans' dreams yet again. Clutch shots by Beno, Mr. Birthday Boy, Manu, and Timmuh when it counted.

Barry looked to be a little woozy headed out of the arena, he was led out the Blazer's entrance to the medical facility (ambulance wouldn't have been on that side of the arena). Blazers apologized on the radio afterwards, didn't look to be that flagrant but Brent is easily prone to cuts up there...he was truly pissed off!

Anyone else who was there, I was about 6-7 rows in front of the Argentinians who got Oberto and Manu to notice them. Blazers are coming around, they used their inside presence (and San Antonio's lack of inside presence besides Tim) to get inside and get some easy offensive rebounds. Too bad Raef and Pryzbilla are out, as this team could be making some noise in the next year or two.

GO SPURS GO!

SAtown
03-07-2007, 03:32 AM
Hell of a game to be at! My buddies and me were watching at a local bar, and it almost felt like a "playoff atmosphere" game.

Rynospursfan
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Anyone else who was there, I was about 6-7 rows in front of the Argentinians who got Oberto and Manu to notice them.

I was just off to the left of you in section 105.

Here is my game report I posted at Club Spurs:

Woo Hoo 10 in a row, and I was there to watch all the action! Before the game I picked my wife up from work. We parked by the Rose Garden and took the light rail downtown for some drinks and appetizers at a local brewery. Happy hour! We then hopped back on the train and headed to the game. We arrived just in time to get some "cokes" and take a seat for the tip-off. My seats were great, they were on the baseline in the corner and I had a great angle to watch from. I was afraid the backboard was going to get in the way or that the Spurs would be on offense at that end of the court in the second half and I would have to listen to all the Blazer fans banging those thunder sticks. Neither was a problem.

Spurs defense in this one was lacking, and they were giving up way too many second chance points. But I knew as long as we could hang in and keep it close that we would have a chance to pull it off in the end. They were pissing me off with all the switching of the screens. I have been touting Jacque Vaughn as a great defender but he refused to fight through the screens. Brandon Roy was just playing out of his mind, I hope you played him Wolf. When he wasn't knocking down shots he was setting up his teammates. Last time I checked the stats on the board he had 9 assists.

At half-time I left my wife in the concessions line to go talk with Paul Castro, Spanish announcer for the Spurs. I walked up and taped him on the shoulder, he immediately recognized me even though I had only spoken with him once before. He said "hey you got on more Spurs gear than I do", I said no problem, your working. I couldn't give him too hard of a time, he has a couple of championship rings. I then went back to my seat and let him get back to work. A couple of minuets go by in the third and my wife is still out and about. I got a little worried but just figured she ran into somebody in the concourse and was talking with them. She didn't show up until two minuets left in the third quarter. Then she tells me that when she went to go back to her seat an usher stopped her and asked for her ticket. She showed him the ticket and he says that it looks like some of the forged tickets they have been seeing and asks her to come with him. Now I bought these tickets directly through the Blazers office, so they may look a bit different than the Ticketmaster ones but what follows seems pretty ridiculous. Fortunately she refuses to go with him, then he says that he needs to take her ticket. She says "no way, then your going to say I don't have a ticket". They end up detaining her at the entrance of our section for most of the third quarter. I'm really pissed off about this. I spend $300 plus to watch their crappy team play twice a year and this is how they treat us? Maybe I am over reacting, you guys let me know.

Meanwhile why my wife was gone I was there rooting on the Spurs and my boy Brent Barry goes down right in front of me. What the hell happened? Is he okay? He walked back to the locker room with a towel around his head. Man I thought this was bad enough on TV, it was much worse in person. I just felt terrible for the guy not knowing what happened. I also noticed Tony didn't play at all in the second half. He didn't have the same explosive speed he usually has in the first half then didn't return. I hope he didn't re-agrivate the injury.

Well with a couple of minuets left in the third my wife comes back and tells me the story. This just invigorated me and I started rooting for the Spurs even harder. They were keeping the game close but the Blazers continually made shots to fend them off. Then something happened and the entire momentum swung as Beno knocked down a biggggg 3 ball. Finley and Manu then dumped in big shots of their own. I was thrilled. I really got to hand it to the Blazers they played an impressive game against a championship caliber team. Oh yeah the Manu dunk was nice but the play of the game goes to former dunk champion and local boy Freddy Jones. The reverse dunk was simply amazing. I was just glad to walk out of the Rose Garden with a smile among so many long faces.

Go Spurs Go!

abelle23
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
hey guys any pics?

Rynospursfan
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I brought my camera but only took like two pics and I doubt they are very good. I haven't even looked at them.

MoSpur
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I for one would like to have witnessed that game in person. The Manu show was on last night.

Beaverfuzz
03-08-2007, 02:45 AM
hey guys any pics?

Sorry, but I'm not there to take pictures...I'm there to actually watch the game.

:dizzy :downspin:

Beaverfuzz
03-08-2007, 02:51 AM
I was just off to the left of you in section 105.

Here is my game report I posted at Club Spurs:

Woo Hoo 10 in a row, and I was there to watch all the action! Before the game I picked my wife up from work. We parked by the Rose Garden and took the light rail downtown for some drinks and appetizers at a local brewery. Happy hour! We then hopped back on the train and headed to the game. We arrived just in time to get some "cokes" and take a seat for the tip-off. My seats were great, they were on the baseline in the corner and I had a great angle to watch from. I was afraid the backboard was going to get in the way or that the Spurs would be on offense at that end of the court in the second half and I would have to listen to all the Blazer fans banging those thunder sticks. Neither was a problem.

Spurs defense in this one was lacking, and they were giving up way too many second chance points. But I knew as long as we could hang in and keep it close that we would have a chance to pull it off in the end. They were pissing me off with all the switching of the screens. I have been touting Jacque Vaughn as a great defender but he refused to fight through the screens. Brandon Roy was just playing out of his mind, I hope you played him Wolf. When he wasn't knocking down shots he was setting up his teammates. Last time I checked the stats on the board he had 9 assists.

At half-time I left my wife in the concessions line to go talk with Paul Castro, Spanish announcer for the Spurs. I walked up and taped him on the shoulder, he immediately recognized me even though I had only spoken with him once before. He said "hey you got on more Spurs gear than I do", I said no problem, your working. I couldn't give him too hard of a time, he has a couple of championship rings. I then went back to my seat and let him get back to work. A couple of minuets go by in the third and my wife is still out and about. I got a little worried but just figured she ran into somebody in the concourse and was talking with them. She didn't show up until two minuets left in the third quarter. Then she tells me that when she went to go back to her seat an usher stopped her and asked for her ticket. She showed him the ticket and he says that it looks like some of the forged tickets they have been seeing and asks her to come with him. Now I bought these tickets directly through the Blazers office, so they may look a bit different than the Ticketmaster ones but what follows seems pretty ridiculous. Fortunately she refuses to go with him, then he says that he needs to take her ticket. She says "no way, then your going to say I don't have a ticket". They end up detaining her at the entrance of our section for most of the third quarter. I'm really pissed off about this. I spend $300 plus to watch their crappy team play twice a year and this is how they treat us? Maybe I am over reacting, you guys let me know.

Meanwhile why my wife was gone I was there rooting on the Spurs and my boy Brent Barry goes down right in front of me. What the hell happened? Is he okay? He walked back to the locker room with a towel around his head. Man I thought this was bad enough on TV, it was much worse in person. I just felt terrible for the guy not knowing what happened. I also noticed Tony didn't play at all in the second half. He didn't have the same explosive speed he usually has in the first half then didn't return. I hope he didn't re-agrivate the injury.

Well with a couple of minuets left in the third my wife comes back and tells me the story. This just invigorated me and I started rooting for the Spurs even harder. They were keeping the game close but the Blazers continually made shots to fend them off. Then something happened and the entire momentum swung as Beno knocked down a biggggg 3 ball. Finley and Manu then dumped in big shots of their own. I was thrilled. I really got to hand it to the Blazers they played an impressive game against a championship caliber team. Oh yeah the Manu dunk was nice but the play of the game goes to former dunk champion and local boy Freddy Jones. The reverse dunk was simply amazing. I was just glad to walk out of the Rose Garden with a smile among so many long faces.

Go Spurs Go!

Yeah that's one thing that the new arena group cracked down on, is physically showing tickets anytime you leave the "arena" area. The chump at the top when we came in told the guys in front of us to wait for him at the top of the stairs while he helped someone else find a security guard or something. Then when we were at our row, he flies down past us, yelling that we didn't wait for him at the top of the stairs. Showed him the tickets and he had to look at them for a few seconds, guy was obviously missing a few chromosomes.

My family had Blazer season tickets from 71-72 (second season) to about 96-97, and no one was ever hasseled back then for not having your ticket with you. If you looked lost, that's one thing...but if you already know where the hell you're going, the constant harassment and absolutely making sure that you had your ticket on you at all times was really really bothersome.

Rynospursfan
03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
That must have been the same jackass my wife dealt with. Maybe I will just buy tickets in the upper bowl next time so if any of them give me any lip I can just toss their pathetic asses down onto the court. If they are going to keep me from watching the game I will make it worth my while.