PDA

View Full Version : Memo to the Spurs

Amarelooms
03-07-2007, 07:39 AM
What are ya'll trying to do? Stealing the Mavs thunder by having a lil winning streak of your own? STOP IT LOSERS. Avery and the Mavs do NOT appreciate this foolishness. Even if ya'll have a 30 game winning streak you still won't catch the Mavs. Stop being party poopers...this is the Mavs year.

On another note..Amare LOOMS is round 2 Spurs fans...be afraid...very afraid. See ya'll in the WCF :elephant

johngateswhiteley
03-07-2007, 07:49 AM
See ya'll in the WCF

if you get there, the mavs fucking suck.

bulletedge
03-07-2007, 08:05 AM
if you get there, the mavs fucking suck.

More like if the Spurs get there...

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 08:45 AM
What are ya'll trying to do? Stealing the Mavs thunder by having a lil winning streak of your own? STOP IT LOSERS. Avery and the Mavs do NOT appreciate this foolishness. Even if ya'll have a 30 game winning streak you still won't catch the Mavs. Stop being party poopers...this is the Mavs year.

On another note..Amare LOOMS is round 2 Spurs fans...be afraid...very afraid. See ya'll in the WCF :elephant

This sounds like the rantings of a scared little boy.

The Spurs don't need the #1 seed, they are making the playoffs and by the looks of things are rounding into shape just in time. Be afraid...be very afraid.

mavsfan1000
03-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Western Conference Finals will be Suns vs. Mavs. Book it.

Gino20
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Sounds like some Mavs fans are scared! Don't worry, I would be too! Don't count out them Rockets either cause it looks like the Mavs will meet up with them in the second round! Haha, the Spurs are looking DAMN good!

Agloco
03-07-2007, 10:09 AM

Quite funny actually......

I see a bunch of nervous Mavs fans all of a sudden.

Why is that I wonder? Isn't your club going to win 70 and cruise to a title? It's destiny after all right?

The fact that the Spurs are playing their best ball of the season (at the same time each season) shouldn't make any difference here.......

Right?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Amarelooms, always good for a chuckle. Good to see someone has officially stepped up to fill awmyplace's void.

cujo112461
03-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Amarelooms dont be foolish the Three time world champs San Antonio spurs dont need your thunder or do they care about avery and the mavs. So have your mavs win 70 and choke like they did last year in the finals. it always fun to watch mark cuban.

SAtown
03-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Can't you at least try to be funny?

Budkin
03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Western Conference Finals will be Suns vs. Mavs. Book it.

Wrong. You think the Suns have a chance in hell of beating the Spurs in 7 games with the way they are playing now? Nope.

cujo112461
03-07-2007, 03:49 PM
the way there playing now yes

monosylab1k
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Wrong. You think the Suns have a chance in hell of beating the Spurs in 7 games with the way they are playing now? Nope.

Exactly. The Suns may get the best of the Spurs in a regular season game, but when it comes time to put on some clamp-down playoff defense, the Suns will have no clue what to do on either side of the court.

Spurs beat the Suns in 6. Maybe less.

jmard5
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Funny thread. Really.

Really! :lol

leemajors
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
AmareLoomsLooms...

mavsfan1000
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
The spurs don't have the quickness now to beat the suns. They had it 2 years ago but now it will be tough for the spurs to keep up. Whether in the half court set or in fastbreak style. The suns are also the team that has the best chance to knock off the mavs.

dirk4mvp
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Exactly. The Suns may get the best of the Spurs in a regular season game, but when it comes time to put on some clamp-down playoff defense, the Suns will have no clue what to do on either side of the court.

Spurs beat the Suns in 6. Maybe less.

Aw hell son. You just wait till RonMexico and Jmarksjohn see this. They'll be quick to pull out the Suns's awesome defensive percentages.

anon101
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM

But...but...but I thought the regular season didn't mean anything? I could have sworn the Basketball Illumaniti which is Spurs fandom assured us that what happens in the regular season (i.e., now) is irrelevent.

Oh yeah, that was before the Spurs got a streak to call their own.

StylisticS
03-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Looks like you all took the bait. :lol

Oh and lol@ the Suns the best chance to knock off the Mavs. While Phoenix is a great team, the Spurs are the best chance to knock us off not the Suns. Also, if the game is close in the final minutes, can Phoenix get the necessary stops to win the game against quality competition and against a team that rebounds as well as the Mavs and Spurs?

AmareloomsLOOMS
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Memo to the Amarelooms naysayers:

Amarelooms LOOMS!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

mavsfan1000
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Looks like you all took the bait. :lol

Oh and lol@ the Suns the best chance to knock off the Mavs. While Phoenix is a great team, the Spurs are the best chance to knock us off not the Suns. Also, if the game is close in the final minutes, can Phoenix get the necessary stops to win the game against quality competition and against a team that rebounds as well as the Mavs and Spurs?
The way that Amare keeps getting better is going to be a thorn in the spurs side. The suns have had some injury problems as of late so no surprise they've been struggling. The suns also can put Kurt Thomas out there to defend Duncan which they didn't have anyone 2 years ago. Bell is a much better defender than Joe Johnson so don't expect Ginobili to go off.

Budkin
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
But...but...but I thought the regular season didn't mean anything? I could have sworn the Basketball Illumaniti which is Spurs fandom assured us that what happens in the regular season (i.e., now) is irrelevent.

Oh yeah, that was before the Spurs got a streak to call their own.

I meant the way the Spurs were playing now jackhole, not the Suns. It doesn't matter how they play at all because we all know they don't play any defense and you can't win in the postseason without defense. The Spurs are tested, they are clicking, and they are dangerous. I can't pull out the no defense card for the Mavs anymore because AJ has whipped their butts into shape and they can shut teams down when they need to. The WCF will be the real Finals this year... Spurs vs. Mavs... can't wait!

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Sounds like some Mavs fans are scared! Don't worry, I would be too! Don't count out them Rockets either cause it looks like the Mavs will meet up with them in the second round! Haha, the Spurs are looking DAMN good!

30 pages of *WHEW!* over on the blazers/spurs thread tells me it's not the mavs who are scared

Gino20
03-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Most, if not all, teams would struggle with 4 games in 5 nights. Look at the average win of those games and that should tell you enough...besides this thread explains it all.... :elephant

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Most, if not all, teams would struggle with 4 games in 5 nights. Look at the average win of those games and that should tell you enough...besides this thread explains it all.... :elephant

lmao, you're talking to fans of a team that has not lost a BTB all season.
:sleep

Gino20
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM

I am impressed with the Mavs record...However, to bad best regular season record don't equal NBA rings huh? :lol

lefty
03-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Mavs haven't played a lot of BTB's so far....

Gino20
03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Anyway, don't wanna argue...From a Mavs fan perspective, do you like how Cuban has tuned it down so much? I think its def a plus for the team...What do you think?

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I am impressed with the Mavs record...However, to bad best regular season record don't equal NBA rings huh? :lol

wow, the three rings defense.... :sleep :sleep :sleep

get back to me when you wanna live in the present, although, you might be in a fetal position clinging to a box of kleenex come two months from now

monosylab1k
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyway, don't wanna argue...From a Mavs fan perspective, do you like how Cuban has tuned it down so much? I think its def a plus for the team...What do you think?

loving it. not hearing anything about him is great. when it comes to the Mavericks, the only sound he needs to make is the sound of his pen on the checkbook.

u2sarajevo
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I am impressed with the Mavs record...However, to bad best regular season record don't equal NBA rings huh? :lolBet you never saw the rings thing coming did ya' ponky? They never pull that one out of their hat....

ponky

yes, he's much better this year, saying it through his t-shirts :lol

seriously, let's just hope he stays fairly quiet throughout the playoffs, i don't think it's good for the team to be so vocal about certain aspects of the game

Gino20
That is funny! But, 3 rings are better then 0 right?

Gino20
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM

seriously, let's just hope he stays fairly quiet throughout the playoffs, i don't think it's good for the team to be so vocal about certain aspects of the game

I totally agree with you. I guess we will really see come playoff time though...thats when it gets intense.

monosylab1k
03-07-2007, 05:35 PM

I love his enthusiasm, but he seriously needs to be up in a luxury box during the playoffs. If he's courtside and something goes wrong for the Mavs, there's no doubt he'll be back to his old ways and screaming at the refs.

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Bet you never saw the rings thing coming did ya' ponky? They never pull that one out of their hat....

:lol :clap

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
That is funny! But, 3 rings are better then 0 right?

the present is better than the past, always, unless you're a loser

Gino20
03-07-2007, 05:39 PM

Sucks to be the Sixers or Griz bears then :lol...the truth hurts!

aaronstampler
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
The way that Amare keeps getting better is going to be a thorn in the spurs side. The suns have had some injury problems as of late so no surprise they've been struggling. The suns also can put Kurt Thomas out there to defend Duncan which they didn't have anyone 2 years ago. Bell is a much better defender than Joe Johnson so don't expect Ginobili to go off.

Manu had 32 on them earlier this year. I think we're okay there. :blah

ponky
03-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Sucks to be the Sixers or Griz bears then :lol...the truth hurts!

at least the grizz don't have to suffer through another (3rd or 4th?) disappointing first round sweep :lol

fitzgerald
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
For the Suns fans that claim the Suns defense is just as good as Spurs and Mavs, look how many games they have allowed over 100 points. I will save you the time. The Suns have allowed 39 games to opponents over 100. The Mavs have allowed 14. The Spurs have only allowed 9. The Rockets have allowed 21. You can look at FG% and all that, but bottom line is how many points you are giving up. Spurs and Mavs will not allow you to score your normal points. Now can you stop them from outscoring you?

greensborohill
03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
???? Memo Okur to the Spurs would be a very bad thing for the Mavs

samikeyp
03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Jeez...are we ever going to get past the:

"Mavs fan: We kick ass in the regular season"
"Spurs fan: Yeah but we have three rings"

crap?

:lol

Mavs fan..."you" don't kick ass in the regular season and Spurs fan "you" don't have three rings.

Ugh...how long till the playoffs? :)

Agloco
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
???? Memo Okur to the Spurs would be a very bad thing for the Mavs

Who the hell would we give up in that secenario?

CubanMustGo
03-07-2007, 07:00 PM
loving it. not hearing anything about him is great. when it comes to the Mavericks, the only sound he needs to make is the sound of his pen on the checkbook.

If Cubes keeps it up I may have to change my alias. Guess that little speech by Dirk had its desired effect. Kudos to MC for cleaning up his act ... then again with the 70-win pace he's had little to bitch about. :toast

sprrs
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM

1 BTB =/= 4 games in 5 nights, give the Spurs a little credit.

Cry Havoc
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
1 BTB =/= 4 games in 5 nights, give the Spurs a little credit.

But... they're Mavs fans! It's not in their nature to give other teams credit! :nerd

CubanMustGo
03-08-2007, 12:25 AM

True. The record shows the Mavs had 4 B2Bs in November, 3 in December, 3 in Jan, 1 in Feb, 0 so far in March for a total of 11 YTD. 11-0 is darned impressive. Mavs have 3 more in Mar, 2 in Apr for a total of 16.

Of course, the Spurs in the same time had nearly half as many more B2Bs: 5 in Nov, 3 in Dec, 3 in Jan, 3 in Feb, 2 in March for a total of 16. I'll take 11-5 (right??) especially considering what an Achilles' heel this was for us last year. SA has 1 more each in March and April for a total of 18 B2Bs.

Of course, Spurs fans hope that the hard work early in the season (we have only 7 road games after Thursday night to the Mavs' 14) will pay off with a healthy, relatively rested team that will be able to catch a slightly tiring Mavs squad. A tall order to be sure but there is always hope, even though the Mavs are young and not as prone to getting tuckered out. We won't catch you in the regular season but we may be able to overhaul you in the playoffs. That's why they play the games.

jman3000
03-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I have 2 rings. one is my high school ring, and the other is some cheap crappy 10k gold ring that i bought when i was 7 that says "JASON" ... i should wear that one more often.

ponky
03-08-2007, 01:02 AM
True. The record shows the Mavs had 4 B2Bs in November, 3 in December, 3 in Jan, 1 in Feb, 0 so far in March for a total of 11 YTD. 11-0 is darned impressive. Mavs have 3 more in Mar, 2 in Apr for a total of 16.

Of course, the Spurs in the same time had nearly half as many more B2Bs: 5 in Nov, 3 in Dec, 3 in Jan, 3 in Feb, 2 in March for a total of 16. I'll take 11-5 (right??) especially considering what an Achilles' heel this was for us last year. SA has 1 more each in March and April for a total of 18 B2Bs.

Of course, Spurs fans hope that the hard work early in the season (we have only 7 road games after Thursday night to the Mavs' 14) will pay off with a healthy, relatively rested team that will be able to catch a slightly tiring Mavs squad. A tall order to be sure but there is always hope, even though the Mavs are young and not as prone to getting tuckered out. We won't catch you in the regular season but we may be able to overhaul you in the playoffs. That's why they play the games.

yes, yes i'm mostly just being an a-hole about the whole thing, but not in any serious kind of way. there is one point however that i completely disagree about, and that is the reference to "a slightly tiring Mavs squad." i am not sure why spurs fans think this is the case, because while your squad has certainly played less minutes per starter than the suns, this is hardly the case when matched up against the mavs. i've already posted the stats but i'll do it one more time.

Mavs big three (Dirk, JET, JHO) play an average of 35 min/game. Dirk's played 59 games, JHO a mere 50 and Terry 60.

Spurs top three minute-grabbers are Duncan (34.4 min) with 61 games, Parker (32.3 min) 58 games and soon-to-be 36 yr. old Bowen (31 min) 61 games.

Next up we have Stack with 24 min and only 49 games played, Harris with 25 min. and 59 games played and Dampier with 26 min and 59 games played.

Spurs have Manu with 56 games played at 28 min, Finley with 61 games and 21.3 min and Barry with 21.6 min and 59 games played. Keep in mind that Stack while older, has played 7 games less than Manu and Harris is so much younger than Barry/Finley and can take 3 extra min/game.

All I'm saying is, it's a wash because you have to consider how many games some of our guys like JHO, Stack and George have sat out, 42 games combined and spread out pretty evenly at 12, 13 and 17 respectively. The only Spur who plays a lot and has sat out a long period of time is Elson.

Also, if the Spurs are anywhere within striking distance of getting the second seed (and I think they will be, Suns are starting to tire a bit), I can see going for it, whereas the Mavs can probably chill in April.

MrChug
03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
MORONS...ALERT!! Look kids, the fact is that this is EXACTLY the same team two years ago MINUS the Amare that averaged 38 ppg, MINUS Joe Johnson, and MINUS Quentin Richardson, and Steve Nash 2 years older. SO NOW YOU THINK THAT MAKES THEM BETTER!!??! Isn't this the same team that still can't SPELL d-e-f-e-n-s-e? :lmao Idiots, I tell you...idiots.

ponky
03-08-2007, 01:14 AM
MORONS...ALERT!! Look kids, the fact is that this is EXACTLY the same team two years ago MINUS the Amare that averaged 38 ppg, MINUS Joe Johnson, and MINUS Quentin Richardson, and Steve Nash 2 years older. SO NOW YOU THINK THAT MAKES THEM BETTER!!??! Isn't this the same team that still can't SPELL d-e-f-e-n-s-e? :lmao Idiots, I tell you...idiots.

:lol :lol :lol ...:clap :clap :clap...mostly because suns fans are going to get uptight when they read your post

CubanMustGo
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
yes, yes i'm mostly just being an a-hole about the whole thing, but not in any serious kind of way. there is one point however that i completely disagree about, and that is the reference to "a slightly tiring Mavs squad." i am not sure why spurs fans think this is the case, because while your squad has certainly played less minutes per starter than the suns, this is hardly the case when matched up against the mavs. i've already posted the stats but i'll do it one more time.

Good points. What I was referring to as much as anything was the fact that the Mavs will be doing a lot of travelling over the next six weeks, and travel mentally and physically tires you whether you're playing much or not. It certainly hasn't seemed to make a whole lot of difference so far, to be sure.

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
It certainly hasn't seemed to make a whole lot of difference so far, to be sure.

I think that fatigue is highly overrated and generally doesn't exist for NBA teams (unless you play at an insanely fast pace like the Suns). I remember last season in the Mavs-Spurs series, all the Mavs fans were sure we'd handle the Spurs without too much trouble because Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan were "tired" from the Kings series.

z0sa
03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I think, when you've gotten to the NBA level, things such as fatigue don't take much of a role, although it does happen from time to time. Most of these players wont let fatigue get in the way though.

ambchang
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
That is definitely not true from an economics point of view.
$1 today < $1 50 years ago .... forget it .....

sandman
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh and lol@ the Suns the best chance to knock off the Mavs. While Phoenix is a great team, the Spurs are the best chance to knock us off not the Suns.

With all due respect to getting to the Finals last year (although using Mav fan logic, I don't believe I am even supposed to recognize that since it was in the past), and all due respect to having such a fine regular season record this year, would you honestly consider the Mavs to be the King of the Hill that everyone else must knock off?

The Celtics back in the 80's only won three championships, but were always considered the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. If the Mavs reach the same level of success as last year and come out as the WCF champs, then I think that will be a valid claim. But not after one year. Greatness requires sustainability. The Mavs may be one of those teams that will achieve greatness; in fact, they have a damn good chance. But it must be earned, not presumed. Greatness is cash only; no buy now/pay later is accepted.

adrienne
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, it's so not fair that the Spurs get to have their playoffs early! After all, that's why the Mavs 16 game winning streak is no indication of their playoff chances while the Spurs 10 game winning streak is a definate indication of their playoff chances, right? They must already be ripping their way through to the finals.

to21
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
wow, the three rings defense.... :sleep :sleep :sleep

get back to me when you wanna live in the present, although, you might be in a fetal position clinging to a box of kleenex come two months from now

Bet you never saw the rings thing coming did ya' ponky? They never pull that one out of their hat....

Tired of the all the ring talk, OK how about:

When I go to a Spurs game in the AT&T Center I see Three NBA Championship Banners. How many of those do you see when you go to a Mav game?

Or how about:

My city has hosted three NBA Championship celebration parades. How many has Dallas?

You gonna hear it 4ever mofo's.

sandman
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Rockets fans: Yeah, but we have two rings from 12 years ago!

Pistons fans: Yeah, we have three rings, but only one in the last 16 years!

Bulls fans: Yeah, but we have 6 rings from 9 years ago!

Celtics fans: Yeah, but we have 16 rings from 20 years ago!

The difference with the Spurs is the current relevance of the rings, being twice in the last 4 years. Titles (in the past) are relevant to this season (in the current) if the core of the team that won the titles in still intact (see: Spurs).

For the majority of Spurs fans, the rings are simply a reference point to show that we KNOW these guys can win championships.

But that does not gaurantee a championship this season any more than setting the mark for the best regular season record.

Chris Childs
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I can't help but Laugh. LOL

hater
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM

LMFAO

DarkReign
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Im sorry, but this is great!