PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner much more then just a backup

Fabbs
03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
25 year old 5-6 yards a pop running back Michael Turner of the Chargers.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070307/news_1s7sullivan.html

SAnnex i am getting sick and tired of AJ referring to Turner as simply a "backup should LT get hurt" and "an insurance policy".

How about another great option on the field at the same time as LT, as Cameron had the Chargers O do a few times. How about playing him even more since every time he has played he has produced consistently and excellently? The 17 yard bolt against the playoff Pats. The consistent 5-6 yard average. Opening game his bolting with the fake punt vs KC. Even going back to his rookie year the 80 yard bolt vs the 11-0 Colts.

A late 1st and 3rd round pic being a "steep" price to pay for any team that would acquire Turner? I think they would be the ones scoring and the Charger would be the ones steeply paying.

mardigan
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Its great the the Chargers are keeping this guy, he has unbeliavable talent. I doubt any team will give up a 1st and a 3rd for him, say I guess he is staying put. If I was him though, I would definately want to leave and test the free agent market. He would get a shit load more money from some other team, and at his age, I would think he would want to be a starter. It wouldnt suprise me if he asks for a trade

MajorMike
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I have never seen the term 'bolt' used so many times in 1 thread.

mardigan
03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
There, ya happy?

Fabbs
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Some other things that may not have seen:

Stillwater OK was the home of a plant that baked some very kick ass carrot cake in the 80s and 90s. Available in freezer section at groceries nationwide. They sold out to asstard corporate Mrs Smiths.
The carrot cake is still okay, altho they jacked the price up a couple bucks.
Could you find out for me the name of the old plant and if they still use the same recipie? I dont think so but...

TheSanityAnnex
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM

SAnnex i am getting sick and tired of AJ referring to Turner as simply a "backup should LT get hurt" and "an insurance policy".

How about another great option on the field at the same time as LT, as Cameron had the Chargers O do a few times. How about playing him even more since every time he has played he has produced consistently and excellently? The 17 yard bolt against the playoff Pats. The consistent 5-6 yard average. Opening game his bolting with the fake punt vs KC. Even going back to his rookie year the 80 yard bolt vs the 11-0 Colts.

A late 1st and 3rd round pic being a "steep" price to pay for any team that would acquire Turner? I think they would be the ones scoring and the Charger would be the ones steeply paying.

I'm hoping he stays just for the fact that he is on a team that will be a contender. With A.J. handing him the 1 and 3 pick tag, this shows me A.J. believes this next year is the year.

Fabbs
03-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm hoping he stays just for the fact that he is on a team that will be a contender. With A.J. handing him the 1 and 3 pick tag, this shows me A.J. believes this next year is the year.
Yes i think that is the max tag he could put on him if Chargers did not extend him, which they did not. Why not have locked Turner up by extending him like AJ did with the rest of the core?
In the NFL re contracts since any year beyond the present doesnt mean squat, right? The team can cut anyone for any reason before the start of a season. So maybe they did talk extension but Turner and agent put price too high?
Anyways I'm just hoping no other team picks him up.

Guru of Nothing
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM

And next year, when he is an unrestricted free-agent, he will sign with Denver.

Bon appetit.

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 12:10 AM
he's 27 already? Damn if I were him Id be pleading for a trade.

TheSanityAnnex
03-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Yes i think that is the max tag he could put on him if Chargers did not extend him, which they did not. Why not have locked Turner up by extending him like AJ did with the rest of the core?
A.J. is smart with the money he has to spend. Locking up Turner would be a bad move for the Chargers as a whole. It's no mistake he has as many players locked up for years to come as he does now. You don't need a Turner when you've got Tomlinson. It doesn't make sense money wise.

RealEstateDude
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM

I wish he played for the boys, this guy gots skill..

TheSanityAnnex
03-08-2007, 04:42 AM
I wish he played for the boys, this guy gots skill..
As of now............he's a Charger :jack

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I dont think the Bills will take a chance with him.

Fabbs
03-09-2007, 11:50 AM
A.J. is smart with the money he has to spend. Locking up Turner would be a bad move for the Chargers as a whole. It's no mistake he has as many players locked up for years to come as he does now. You don't need a Turner when you've got Tomlinson. It doesn't make sense money wise.
:bang Turner and LT in at the same time. LT split out wide, Turner as loneback. Who ya gonna guard defense? And Turners continuing to run the ball when LT is out. Helps keep LT fresh, like for the final Pats drive. :wtf
Even if LT is fresh, Turner makes the defense adjust to a different style runner.

For the price i paid for a ticket, parking spot and beer along with the t.v. timeouts we sat thru, I don't want to hear any whining about money from billionaire Spanos and AJ. I add Turner to the core of lock ups, even if just for the next two seasons.

Which date is it when we know Turner belongs to the 2007-8 chargers?

TheSanityAnnex
03-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I add Turner to the core of lock ups, even if just for the next two seasons.

Which date is it when we know Turner belongs to the 2007-8 chargers?
I would love for them to lock up Turner, but I don't see it happening. I'm not sure of the date, I'll look around.