PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Kevin Durant at 3

mardigan
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14817

mardigan
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Buzzmaster: We've got Kevin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jared. Edmonton, Alberta: Kevin, what motivates or motivated you to be the player you are?

Kevin Durant: I just want to be one of the best players to ever play the game motivates me. I work hard on whatever team I'm on and help the team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
colin (austin tx): What is the best attribute that Coach Barnes has added to you as a player? As a person?

Kevin Durant: He gives me good advice. Whether it's basketball or life. He gives me advice on everything. He gives me good advice, whethers it's on the court or off the court.

DAVID JOHNSON (WASH DC): kEVIN, THIS IS UNCLE DAVID. HOW IS YOUR ANKLE FEELING?

Kevin Durant: My ankle is just fine. I got a lot of treatment on it these last couple of days.

Mikey, Philadelphia, PA: Other than basketball, what has been your favorite part of college so far?

Kevin Durant: Getting to meet new people. The past schools I've been at, there was only 100 people at my school. So getting to meet new people every day, that's fun.

Amy (Florida): What's your favorite candy?

Kevin Durant: As a matter of fact it's Now & Later. I'm eating some right now.

Ryan (Salt Lake): Do you feel any sort of competition between you and Greg Oden for accolades and success? (Be honest!)

Kevin Durant: Oh man. I really don't know. I'm just playing basketball. I'll leave that up to the other people.

Joe (Amarillo, TX)|null: Everybody keeps trying to say who you remind them of. Do you see yourself as a Scottie Pippen?

Kevin Durant: I see myself as a McGrady type of player. Very versatile. Can post up. Shoot. Handle himself. I see myself as a Tracy McGrady.

Santa Monica: Could you take Vince Young in one-on-one? What if you had to wear cleats?

Kevin Durant: Oh yeah, most definitely. I know I could take him one-on-one.

Ryan (Los Angeles): When did you know you were going to be so good at basketball? Did you expect this kind of success in your freshman year?

Kevin Durant: I kind of figured that I was going to be a good player when I was 11 years old. I could do things on the court that others couldn't do. I didn't think that I was going to have this kind of success, but I planned it out and if I kept working hard, good things would happen.

Drew (Lexington): Do you ever get bored dominating everyone so easily?

Kevin Durant: No. Actually, it's pretty hard. The teams are keying on you all the time. It's pretty hard. But with the help of my teammates, I get it done.

daniel (san antonio): When will you make your decision on whether or not you'll come back next year?

Kevin Durant: I'll make my decision at the end of the year when we finish all our games. I'll sit down with my coaches and family and make my decision. I know it will be a hard decision.

Anjelica (Chestertown): How difficult (if at all) is it for you to not be just another face on campus--to be so recognizable to so many people on campus, in the community, and in the country?

Kevin Durant: It's not difficult. When I walk around campus, the only people that know who we are are the ones that go to the games. My teammates get recognized too. It's not too hard to handle. It's not like I'm a rock star or anything.

Kevin (Manassas): If you could play any other player one on one, past or present, who would it be?

Kevin Durant: Magic Johnson because he's 6-9 and can do everything a point guard can do. It'd be a fun matchup.

Danny (college station, tx): Do you think you can take Texas all the way just like Carmelo did in 2003?

Kevin Durant: I hope so. That's the goal. I'm not going to say that we will or won't do it. We're just going to work hard and stress that goal. Hopefully we'll do it.

Travis Kansas City: What was it like playing in Allen Field House on Sat?

Kevin Durant: Man, it was big time. The fans were great. It was just like any other gym. I really like the Kansas fans. They were very classy up there. It was a fun place to play.

Grooves (DC): Hey Kevin, how?d you end up deciding to go to Texas?

Kevin Durant: I came there for a visit and the players and coaches showed me a great time of how it's a family atmosphere. The players and coaches had a close relationship and that's what I liked.

Fraz (Minneapolis, MN): where has been the thoughest place to play for you? and the most exciting place to play this year?

Kevin Durant: I would say Allen Field House is tough. The fans are on top of you and they were going right at us. They were saying some crazy stuff to us.

Tom (Geneseo): whats the best game you ever played, at any level?

Kevin Durant: That's a tough one. In high school, my last game, that was my best game overall. We beat the best team in the country. I played an all around game.

Marty (Philly): Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii? Why?

Kevin Durant: I'm an old school dude. I like the PS2. I play that all the time now in my dorm room.

woodrow (louisville): Kevin, are you any good at any other sports?

Kevin Durant: I played baseball when I was in high school for a couple of games. I was all right in that. But other than that, I'm terrible in other sports.

Tyler (Cleburne Tx): Who is the best player you played against this season?

Kevin Durant: Marcus Dove from Oklahoma State is the best defender I've played against this season.

Chris, PA: Kevin, you seem like the kind of player that cares more about his team than your own personal glory which is surprising to see in players as ridiculously talented as you...I was wondering what you would rather...Would you rather be the first freshman to be player of the year or lead your team to a national championship this year?

Kevin Durant: That's a no-brainer. Lead my team to a national championship. That's the ultimate goal. I'd rather win the championship.

Rob (Sophytown): What were you thinking when Acie Law made that incredible 3 over you to send the game into OT?

Kevin Durant: I was just in awe. I wasn't expecting Acie to hit that. I was just in awe. I didn't know what to do.

Sam (NY, NY): If there were no age-limit restrictions on the draft last year, would you have declared for the draft out of high school?

Kevin Durant: I don't even know, man. It would have been a hard decision to make.

Austin, TX: What basketball players do you look up to or idolize?

Kevin Durant: I looked up to of course, Michael Jordan. He always hit the big shots. He worked the hardest. I looked up to Michael Jordan.

Burt(Jonesboro, Ark): Hey Kevin, what is your favorite NBA team to watch?

Kevin Durant: I love the Suns. I love how they play. We try to run our offense after them. I love watching the Suns.

David (San Diego): Do you think you could take Jordan one on one in his prime?

Kevin Durant: No. I couldn't do that. I probably wouldn't even score on him.

Kevin Durant: Thank you for having me. Thanks for all the questions, I enjoyed it.