PDA

View Full Version : So is Artest out against the Spurs???

MoSpur
03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Just wondering. I know the Kings stated that he is "excused … indefinitely from any further participation with the team"

LilMissSPURfect
03-07-2007, 05:25 PM
?

Big P
03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes

ehz33satx
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Artest is plain and simple OUT of the NBA. Not too hard to understand. Both Artest and Tim Hardaway dumbed their way out of the NBA.

LilMissSPURfect
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Artest is plain and simple OUT of the NBA. Not too hard to understand. Both Artest and Tim Hardaway dumbed their way out of the NBA.

wow really? what a waste....

AFBlue
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
He's not out of the league. He's still under contract with the Kings and they just want him to clear this legal matter before he comes back with the team. If he pleads guilty and there are charges involved, then you might see the Kings FO take action (trade or more likely...waive). Still, someone will take a flyer on this kid. He's not out of the NBA by a longshot.

MoSpur
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I doubt this will happen. However, if he is waived by the Kings before season's end, would the Spurs be wise to go after him for the playoff run?

MoSpur
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM

:rolleyes A little extreme don't you think?

batman2883
03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
i thought they said if he did anything else again that would prove detrimental to the league that he was out of the league forever that was part of his deal

Kori Ellis
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM

He's not out of the NBA yet. He's not even suspended. He's just on leave for a little bit til things simmer down. Then, he'll probably be back on the team again as the incident goes through the legal process.

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
If he came with the Spurs he'd bring a bad aura. Look at Indiana, look at the teams before that, look at Sacro now.

Sacramental
03-08-2007, 03:44 AM
no ron = nobody to stop obi-won ginobili = spurs win.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Having Artest out is probably a blessing for the Kings. Not only are they playing WAY better without him but the Spurs have gotten bit in the ass by teams missing a star this year. I won't even mention the ugly spectre that reared its head in the second half of the Blazer game, but it rhymes with "wallball" and will probably allow every team to be in the game if it continues.

RADECK
03-08-2007, 08:31 AM
This guy should be out of NBA for next of life!

MoSpur
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Having Artest out is probably a blessing for the Kings. Not only are they playing WAY better without him but the Spurs have gotten bit in the ass by teams missing a star this year. I won't even mention the ugly spectre that reared its head in the second half of the Blazer game, but it rhymes with "wallball" and will probably allow every team to be in the game if it continues.

The Kings are on a four game winning streak. Artest played in two of those games. He averaged 21 points in those two wins. If they were on the four-game win streak w/out him then I can see your point. I would think if they beat the Spurs tonight and a couple of more w/out Artest then one could say they are playing better.

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
No way in hell he is out of NBA. He is a decent player, the best thing is his value is droping, I would not mind this guy in the Spurs for cheap. Imagine Bowen + Artest on the floor! damn.

smeagol
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Where are the geniuses that wanted Ron-ron in Spurs uni?

AFBlue
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Having Artest out means Bowen and the rest of the Spurs can key on stopping Kevin Martin. Instead of Ron Artest beating the Spurs, it's going to have to be Francisco Garcia.... :lol

Kermit
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
i'd still want ron in a spurs uniform.

MoSpur
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs either. I just would hate to have those headaches he causes.

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM

I was not one of the geniouses that wanted Artest back when he was available because of this reason and the fact that he was still quite expensive.

after all these troubles, I am sure his value will drop and if it drops to a point where he can be cheap. I would take him for the Spurs in a second.

I would not build my team around him or even him as an important piece. But if he can be had for cheap, and be a role player and backup, he'd be a bargain, how could anybody refuse?

mabber
03-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I was not one of the geniouses that wanted Artest back when he was available because of this reason and the fact that he was still quite expensive.

after all these troubles, I am sure his value will drop and if it drops to a point where he can be cheap. I would take him for the Spurs in a second.

I would not build my team around him or even him as an important piece. But if he can be had for cheap, and be a role player and backup, he'd be a bargain, how could anybody refuse?

I agree, guys like him don't usually cause to much trouble when they are added to a team that's really good and/or has won a title. For the right price, he'd be a damn good pick up for the Spurs or any of the title contenders. I'd hate for the Spurs to get him as he'd be able to give the Spurs more points than they've been getting out of the 3 position. The Spurs would be able to play Bowen less which would probably extend his career. I think Bowen would be even more effective than he is now by playing less minutes.

Spurminator
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Actually, Hardaway retired his way out of the NBA.

Summers
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

No thank you, not for me. Cheap or not, it wouldn't be worth it. He doesn't have the personality to fit into the Spurs peaceful lockerroom and he doesn't have the self-discipline to fit into Pop's plays OR to the take the ass-whooping Pop would give him in front of God and everybody the first time he did something stupid. It would be borrowing trouble. Don't fix what ain't broke.

MoSpur
03-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Say what you want, but Artest would be a great help to the team when they face a team like the Mavericks or Suns.

T Park
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Say what you want, but Artest would be a great help to the team when they face a team like the Mavericks or Suns

Id rather lose with the team I have, than sign shitfucks like artest and win.

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 05:50 PM
No thank you, not for me. Cheap or not, it wouldn't be worth it. He doesn't have the personality to fit into the Spurs peaceful lockerroom and he doesn't have the self-discipline to fit into Pop's plays OR to the take the ass-whooping Pop would give him in front of God and everybody the first time he did something stupid. It would be borrowing trouble. Don't fix what ain't broke.

you do know Rodman played for us right? and he helped us get a ring.

Cherry
03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Say what you want, but Artest would be a great help to the team when they face a team like the Mavericks or Suns.

yes, a great help but ...no, thanks.

RC's Boss
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I think it's wrong for him to slap his wife or whoever, but out of the league??? That's harsh dude. If I slapped a woman, no one's going to take away my mortgage license. Now shooting up the stars outside a strip club, that's some shit right there.

RC's Boss
03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Id rather lose with the team I have, than sign shitfucks like artest and win.
I see your point, but I'm greedy, i'd take the shitfuck in a heartbeat. Is a shit fuck anal sex?

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Sounds like it, but there must be a certain element of human nature involved.

spurastic
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Artest is absolutely certifiable. For example, remember when he said that the Spurs were pumping gas into their locker room last Year? And of course there are the times, .......................... (you can fill in the blank). The guy should get back on his meds and receive treatment. I don't think any team needs a loose cannon like him.

T Park
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I see your point, but I'm greedy, i'd take the shitfuck in a heartbeat. Is a shit fuck anal sex?

No its just one of the worst people on these planet.

Beats women, and abuses pets?

IMO, if Stern had ANY, ANY, stones, and convictions, he would ban this guy out of the darn league.

I pay money to go to the games, and it makes me sick, that i pay to watch a game, with him involved.

Its disgusting..

exstatic
03-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually, he helped us lose the WCFs and helped Horry establish his legacy of playoff clutchness by cheating off him to grab rebounds. There was no ring in the Rodman tenure on the Spurs.

YODA
03-08-2007, 10:01 PM
anyone here play Fantasy basketball?? I have Artest and worried to death he gonna be out rest of year for me. I wish I had some type of time table to when he might come back. Anyone know anything about how long he might be just the court part of it? Im hoping his team will let him back befor end of month.

Yoda

ehz33satx
03-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Actually, Hardaway retired his way out of the NBA.

No, he still made many appearances for the NBA. He was even going to take part in the All Star game in Vegas, but the NBA told him to stay away.

ehz33satx
03-09-2007, 01:55 AM

How so? He played for the Spurs from 93 to 95. The Spurs did not win their first championship till 99.

trueD
03-09-2007, 03:59 AM
anyone here play Fantasy basketball?? I have Artest and worried to death he gonna be out rest of year for me. I wish I had some type of time table to when he might come back. Anyone know anything about how long he might be just the court part of it? Im hoping his team will let him back befor end of month.

Yoda

Many here locally are predicting Artest will be back by next week's five-game road trip.

There has been SO much talking about the domestic incident this week. Are you guys aware that Artest's wife went to jail some time ago for abuse? Also, Ron has called 911 on his wife, there have been 6 calls since last August.

It's not a clear-cut case. Wait until all the pieces are put together before you judge him...or anyone, for that matter. Maybe they find he is the scum of the earth because he regularly beats his wife, but I suspect this isn't the case. Call it woman's intuition.

Don't convict the man without a trial. Domestic disputes are highly personal, and just because Artest is subject to media scrutiny because of his status as an NBA player and also due to his past doesn't relieve him or us from letting the system work. An investigation is ongoing. You'll hear how it turns out. You might be surprised. If you continue with the bashing it won't be Artest who looks like the tard in the end, possibly.

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Many here locally are predicting Artest will be back by next week's five-game road trip.

There has been SO much talking about the domestic incident this week. Are you guys aware that Artest's wife went to jail some time ago for abuse? Also, Ron has called 911 on his wife, there have been 6 calls since last August.

It's not a clear-cut case. Wait until all the pieces are put together before you judge him...or anyone, for that matter. Maybe they find he is the scum of the earth because he regularly beats his wife, but I suspect this isn't the case. Call it woman's intuition.

Don't convict the man without a trial. Domestic disputes are highly personal, and just because Artest is subject to media scrutiny because of his status as an NBA player and also due to his past doesn't relieve him or us from letting the system work. An investigation is ongoing. You'll hear how it turns out. You might be surprised. If you continue with the bashing it won't be Artest who looks like the tard in the end, possibly.

That's all fine and dandy and I realize you are trying to stick by your players. And I do know that his wife is as messed up as he is. But don't cry because people are judging him. His past actions are enough to warrant people judging him. He's mental. He needs to be on medication.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2007, 04:56 AM
First of all, this "wait until you judge him" shit is ridiculous. If Elton Brand is arrested for hitting his wife, I'll choose to wait until the facts come out because it's so incredibly out of character for him. Six 911 calls since last august seems like enough evidence for a reasonable person to say that he hasn't even begun to clean up his act.

I'm with T Park on this one. Boot his ass out of the league.

trueD
03-09-2007, 05:00 AM
People can judge him, it doesn't make me cry. I'm just saying that domestic disputes are personal and really no one knows for sure what goes on inside a home. He's mentally retarded, yeah. Did anyone not know that?

And they aren't children who can be forced to take medication. They may act like children, but so goes a huge portion of our society. Just goes to show ya, money can't buy everything.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Eh TrueD's just giving Artest the benefit of the doubt. A REAL , REAL BIG ONE. But she was trying to take the high road.

But as for that, "do not pass judgment defense of him" there's only such much credit you can give high profiled persons, who have questionable behavior. Obstructed View is right. Elton Brand would be one thing...Ron Artest is a guy with repeated offenses.

look at a person's behavioral patterns, and you clearly don't have to know the whole story. It's more likely the person, themselves, not the unseen circumstances! Even if his wife is fucked up too. Whoever she is and whatever her hang up is.

And as for some Spurs fans Artest for the Spurs suggestion....uh yeah, I think that's just ill-judgment. I don't even want to imagine what it's like to be in a locker room with that guy, or to travel with him. He and the league should probably go separate ways; he needs help.

trueD
03-09-2007, 05:11 AM
First of all, this "wait until you judge him" shit is ridiculous. If Elton Brand is arrested for hitting his wife, I'll choose to wait until the facts come out because it's so incredibly out of character for him. Six 911 calls since last august seems like enough evidence for a reasonable person to say that he hasn't even begun to clean up his act.

I'm with T Park on this one. Boot his ass out of the league.
Where was the league-booting idea when Kobe was arrested for rape? It was a good thing for him that the legal process had it's way.

I'm just saying, how about waiting for some kind of investigation to either begin or end before anyone flies off the handle and kicks him out of the league?

Those 911 calls were not all from Artest's wife, a couple were from Artest himself:

http://www.sacbee.com/351/story/134000.html

Artest's arrest was the latest in a string of calls that drew authorities to his home, officials said.

The first came Aug. 29, when South Placer Fire District units responded at 10:12 p.m. to a report of an ill 29-year-old woman. Artest placed the call, records show, but authorities would not release details.

Sheriff's officials were called to the home Sept. 13 at 4:43 p.m. over a "verbal disturbance" that Artest reported, Undersheriff Steve D'Arcy said. Deputies mediated the dispute and referred the couple to counseling, then left.

Sheriff's deputies returned to the home Nov. 8 when Artest's wife called 911 and reported that he had vandalized her property. She said then that she only wanted to document the damage and no charges were filed.

They next were called to the home after midnight on Christmas night when a neighbor called 911 and reported a problem. Deputies arrived and found a BMW crashed into bushes on the Artest property with the front end crushed. That matter was listed as a private property automobile accident and no report was taken. D'Arcy said deputies were told Artest was out of town.

On Feb. 21 at 1:24 a.m., authorities received a 911 hang-up call from the Artest home and called back, speaking separately to a woman and a man. The man said he had meant to call 411 and had hung up.

Sheriff's deputies went to the home and found "the female in front of the home was very uncooperative and said nothing happened." No report was taken, D'Arcy said.

So, two calls were placed by Artest himself, one by his wife, one by a neighbor and one by either Artest or his wife (unclear).

So now you're clear on the 911 calls. Maybe there's more to be clear on?

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 05:19 AM
People can judge him, it doesn't make me cry. I'm just saying that domestic disputes are personal and really no one knows for sure what goes on inside a home. He's mentally retarded, yeah. Did anyone not know that?

And they aren't children who can be forced to take medication. They may act like children, but so goes a huge portion of our society. Just goes to show ya, money can't buy everything.

The teams he's been on could have made a better effort to make sure he's getting therapy and counseling -- and medication if a health professional deems he needs it. Not because they should "take care" of him for moral reasons, but because they should be trying to ensure the health of their player (their investment).

If they don't let you play with a sprained ankle, they shouldn't let you play with a sprained brain.

I don't know what exactly has been required of him in regards to mental health (I know that he had to go through anger management at one point).

But long, long ago, whatever team he was on, should have made his mental health evaluations, therapy and treatment mandatory.

trueD
03-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Eh TrueD's just giving Artest the benefit of the doubt. A REAL , REAL BIG ONE. But she was trying to take the high road.

Thanks, but no SO much the high road. Just looking for the truth to come out, because there is one. We already know he's crazy, but it's my hope he can take care of his personal business is a manner worthy of his relationship to the Kings and playing ball. Honestly, that is my first concern. I would seek to protect him from the kind of scrutiny that can prohibit the fact finding process. It's only fair!

Then, get back here and play some ball!

If he's unable to get that part of his life straight (b-ball), then he can do/be/act however he must, it is of no concern to me either way. I'd like to see him succeed, but no one can force help on anyone.

trueD
03-09-2007, 05:24 AM
The teams he's been on could have made a better effort to make sure he's getting therapy and counseling -- and medication if a health professional deems he needs it. Not because they should "take care" of him for moral reasons, but because they should be trying to ensure the health of their player (their investment).

If they don't let you play with a sprained ankle, they shouldn't let you play with a sprained brain.

I don't know what exactly has been required of him in regards to mental health (I know that he had to go through anger management at one point).

But long, long ago, whatever team he was on, should have made his mental health evaluations, therapy and treatment mandatory.
You're right. He is their investment, and his mental health should be their responsibility, it's just not as simple with head cases as it is with sprains. :lol Are there other instances you know of, where a team helped one of their players with mental issues?

ChumpDumper
03-09-2007, 05:29 AM
I feel sorry for Artest because he is insane, but not so much because he has the resources to get some help. That's more than alot of mentally ill folks have. Dude doesn't need to be in the NBA where his ass is going to be kissed 24/7 anymore. It's way past that.

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 05:30 AM
You're right. He is their investment, and his mental health should be their responsibility, it's just not as simple with head cases as it is with sprains. :lol Are there other instances you know of, where a team helped one of their players with mental issues?

I believe that Bison Dele (AKA Brian Williams) was helped (or attempted to be helped) with mental health issues up until he walked away from the league.

I'm going to sleep now. I'll try to think of anyone else when I wake up.

trueD
03-09-2007, 05:54 AM
I feel sorry for Artest because he is insane, but not so much because he has the resources to get some help. That's more than alot of mentally ill folks have. Dude doesn't need to be in the NBA where his ass is going to be kissed 24/7 anymore. It's way past that.
It bothers me when I see a player acting unbecomingly and threatening their team with their off-court behavior, but he's sick and can't the affects it has on others. He never did really apologize for his part in the brawl.

It isn't personal ... like he deserves a chance/doesn't deserve a chance because he's a good/bad guy. His contribution to b-ball is why he's anyone at all. And his personal failures outside of b-ball shouldn't dictate whether he is allowed to play or not, imo, unless he is harming someone while working (playing b-ball). B-ball isn't some illustrious position in the world, it's a frigging sport to entertain us. It shouldn't be required that these guys have high morals or a functional family to play, imo. Get convicted of a crime, and we have a conversation.

He is a troubled person who is making bad choices. The fact that it reflects on the Kings' success or lack thereof is really the issue.

Kick him out of the league, watch a LOT of talent walk away, and what does that accomplish?

I'd like to see him get help, but really...trying to help someone who doesn't think they need it never works, he's gotta see he needs help first. I hope that's what is happening during his post arrest paid vacation :)

ChumpDumper
03-09-2007, 06:03 AM
I'd like to see him get help, but really...trying to help someone who doesn't think they need it never works, he's gotta see he needs help first.Kicking him out of the league would be a nice wake up call for him. He might realize he needs help once everyone stops kissing his ass.
Kick him out of the league, watch a LOT of talent walk away, and what does that accomplish?Gets rid of a problem that has been around for years.

wildbill2u
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't think he's insane in the strict medical sense. I don't even know if he has mental health issues.

I do think Artest, like many other kids from the black community now in the NBA, bought into the whole 'gangsta' personna. That brings them into conflict with the law and 'normal' society a lot--but maybe not more than their peer groups back in the 'hood.'

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't think he's insane in the strict medical sense. I don't even know if he has mental health issues.

I do think Artest, like many other kids from the black community now in the NBA, bought into the whole 'gangsta' personna. That brings them into conflict with the law and 'normal' society a lot--but maybe not more than their peer groups back in the 'hood.'

Reportedly, he was diagnosed by a doctor in his early playing days that he had some mental issues and needed medication. He decided they would take the edge off his play on the basketball court and threw them a way.

He's definitely immature and selfish on top of it - but I definitely think he has mental issues.

RC's Boss
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Reportedly, he was diagnosed by a doctor in his early playing days that he had some mental issues and needed medication. He decided they would take the edge off his play on the basketball court and threw them a way.

He's definitely immature and selfish on top of it - but I definitely think he has mental issues.
Dude, you only slept 4 hours! You should get Sequ to purchase you guys some tickets to Aruba for a week instead of buying margaritas. Take a break and chill :toast

Obstructed_View
03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Where was the league-booting idea when Kobe was arrested for rape? It was a good thing for him that the legal process had it's way.
First of all, the legal process has "it's" way whether I express my opinion on it or not. Second of all, wake me when Kobe gets accused of rape a few more times before you dare to compare situations.