PDA

View Full Version : The focus...

SpursDynasty
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
The focus from now until the playoffs, needs to be Spurs ball, which is very much alive and well right now, not "Spurs ball compared to Dallas". Isn't it irritating that when you see everytime the Spurs are mentioned in an article, you hear them compared to the Mavs? Isn't the Spurs organization since 2002-2003, in a league of their own right now? It's still too early to consider SA on the decline and in the same league as Dallas/Phoenix (we're above them), regardless of whether those teams are 82-0 or not, and Game 7 was too narrow a loss to consider SA past its peak years. I feel we're not done just yet.

"The aging Spurs", "slow and unathletic", "boring", etc. You hear all these descriptions that are all relative to how the Mavs are: "Young, athletic, fast, exciting". It should really read "The aging Spurs bench", as the Big Three are about the same average age (though more talented) as Dallas' Big Three. If Finley can hit those shots, and Horry gets his playoff touch back, we're in good shape. If those two disappear in the playoffs, then we're out 2nd round. We also need Elson against Dallas, needless to say.

SA's 10-game winning streak is still pretty much ignored and overshadowed by the Mavs' 51-5 record since starting 0-4. The fact is, regular seasons only matter in that it determines whether or not and how long you have homecourt advantage, and the last few months can be used to gain momentum going into the playoffs. So yeah, the Spurs 10 game winning streak, in reality, isn't a huge deal. SA is gaining momentum from it. To me, it doesn't matter what the Mavs are doing. The Spurs are at their best right now, and their 23-10 road record right now will prove to very valuable come the WCF when they have road court advantage (Steal Game 1 and/or 2, then come home for 3 and 4)

It would be so great to read about the Spurs and not see Dallas mentioned in the same article, atleast not until they meet in the playoffs. The media has been wrong from 2003-2006 on who the NBA champion will really be...will it happen again this year?

I have just contradicted myself by mentioning Dallas in this thread.

LilMissSPURfect
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
It would be so great to read about the Spurs and not see Dallas mentioned in the same article, atleast not until they meet in the playoffs. The media has been wrong from 2003-2006 on who the NBA champion will really be...will it happen again this year?

:tu :tu

or every spurstalk thread for that matter