PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis a Brown

mardigan
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Updated: March 7, 2007, 9:08 PM ET
Lewis stops waiting on Ravens, agrees with BrownsBy John Clayton
ESPN.com

For two years, the Baltimore Ravens have wondered about Jamal Lewis' breakaway speed. They no longer have to wonder.

Lewis

Lewis, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, broke away from the Ravens and agreed to a deal with the rival Cleveland Browns on Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed, but Lewis reached the agreement Wednesday night after a visit to Cleveland.

The Ravens released Lewis to clear salary cap room. Both sides kept in touch with the hopes of reuniting. But Lewis sensed his job might not be there. The Ravens have been interested in acquiring Bills halfback Willis McGahee in a trade.

Lewis, 27, decided not to wait and took Cleveland's offer. He rushed for 2,066 yards in 2003 but has struggled during the past three years. Last year, he played the entire season with a bone spur problem. He recently had surgery to remove the spurs.

The 5-foot-11, 245-pound back is one of the league's most powerful runners. He was the Ravens' first-round draft choice in 2000.

Lewis, 27, spent the 2005 offseason serving time in prison after a guilty plea to using a cell phone to set up a drug buy.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Wow

mardigan
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
He only 27, I would think he would definately help them next year, him and Droughns could be a great 1-2 punch

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Where does this leave the draft and AD now? Its only one year so will they still take Ad. If they dont I'll be happy. Not a Sooner but respect AD like I respect Dirk, and I'd hate to see him gone to the Browns, though I'd be assuaged by an injury on the first carry, cause I enjoy watching Clevland suffer.

yavozerb
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I am hoping peterson now may drop to the texans and the browns should pick up thomas if available at #3.

samikeyp
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
They could still pick up Peterson and let him learn behind Lewis, then if Lewis bails, they are still covered.

MajorMike
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
peterman is out for the Browns. I say they pick Quinn now.

samikeyp
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
peterman is out for the Browns. I say they pick Quinn now

This guy is in the draft? :)

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9710/21/stars.series/ink.ohurley.jpg

MajorMike
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Hard to figure where he will go now. All indications are that the Raiders are locked on Russell and the Lions on Thomas.

peterman was penciled in at the Browns, but I find it impossible to think that they don't believe in the 1-2 punch of Droughns-Lewis, and Quinn is the logical choice for this pick. I also find it feasable they go for Johnson, who many say is the best player in the draft.

If Clev goes with Quinn and not Johnson, Johnson is the TB pick at #4. If Clv goes with Johnson, TB will pick DE Anderson. TB will not pick peterman.

Zona won't pick him. They will go with one of the DE/DTs or possibly Ginn or OT Brown.

Redskins will go with Anderson or DT Branch. With Portis, Betts, Cartwright and Duckett they will not go for peterman.

Vikings could very well go for peterman, but Chester Taylor had a monster year and Moore is a great #2. They will go for DE Adams unless Branch is available. If Quinn was not taken by the Browns he is an option as well as Ginn, because they need a speed threat.

Texans were a good option for peterman until they picked up Green. They now have Green-Davis-Dayne-Lundy, so I doubt it. Word is they REALLY wanted Quinn. Perhaps look for a trade for Carr and this pick to the Browns? Otherwise I have no clue who they will draft. Maybe Ginn? He is a native Texan as well. Brown on OT if he's there.

Miami will not pick peterman.

Falcons will pickup peterman if all goes as scripted above. They love to run, they have a QB with unlimited potential, one of the top 3 TEs in the league, and a veteran all pro WR to lead the young kids. If peterman falls this far the birds snag him in a heartbeat.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree Capt with Quinn going to th eBrowns, he is from Ohio and it just makes sense in every way. And like you said, unless the Raiders take Johnson, he will be a Buc. I could still see the Texans taking Peterson though. From what I have read, Dominick is pretty much done, Green is old, and they havent re-signed Dayne. But if for some reason Quinn slips, it would be almost impossible to pass on him. The question I haev is the Skins pick, they are trying to move down, and if the Bly trade goes through, Im sure the Broncs will take Gaines Adams(if hes there), or Jamaal Anderson.

MajorMike
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
He's a situation for you. We know Al Davis HATES to draft QBs high.

Here's what I would do. Draft Russell. Watch the chips to see where they fall. If peterman is available at #8, trade Russell for Carr and the #8 pick, plus later 2nd and 3rd rounders. Then draft peterman.

Would have a new 'capable' QB, wouldn't have to deal Moss, and then peterman in the backfield. Coach would LOVE to run peterman in his SC scheme.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
That is a pretty good scenario, especially because that would give the Raiders a two back threat, with Fargas as the third speed guy. Then they could concentrate on getting some o-linemen, a safety, amd another reciever later in the draft. That works pretty damn good...

scott
03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
You have to be Texans-dumb to pass on AD because you signed Jamal Lewis. I guess that's why they are the Browns though.

mardigan
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I think the fact that they are going to trade Droughns makes Peterson their pick
What a 1-2 punch that would be,Lewis and Peterson

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 03:16 PM
if they draft peterson they will have droughns lewis and perterson....... that would be stupid.... they should get quinn

mardigan
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
if they draft peterson they will have droughns lewis and perterson....... that would be stupid.... they should get quinn

They are trying to trade Droughns, if they cant by next week they will release him. But I also do think it would be stupid to pass up on Quinn, the Browns have no qbs

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
i heard they just finalized a trade to the giants.... hear anything?