PDA

View Full Version : 3Man Game

DR WU
03-07-2007, 11:26 PM
You know, the Portland comeback was great. We showed a lot of grit in the fourth. However, it is more than a little frustrating to me, that the Spurs are now in a position to have to start 2 Jonesless Schmoes. I'm talking about Bruce Bowen and Jacque Vaughn. There's a good reason Vaughn hasn't ever found a home in the NBA...he's a bum.

Anyone who can't knock down a 15 foot jumper has no business earning a pros salary. In addition, apart from his defense (which is worthy of mention) Bowen should count himself lucky to sit on any bench around the league. I swear, these guys are no-shooting fools and it's hard to win games with just three offensive players. Yeah, we beat Portland but I don't see how they'll ever make it past the second round with this bunch of rabble.

romad_20
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
You know, the Portland comeback was great. We showed a lot of grit in the fourth. However, it is more than a little frustrating to me, that the Spurs are now in a position to have to start 2 Jonesless Schmoes. I'm talking about Bruce Bowen and Jacque Vaughn. There's a good reason Vaughn hasn't ever found a home in the NBA...he's a bum.

Anyone who can't knock down a 15 foot jumper has no business earning a pros salary. In addition, apart from his defense (which is worthy of mention) Bowen should count himself lucky to sit on any bench around the league. I swear, these guys are no-shooting fools and it's hard to win games with just three offensive players. Yeah, we beat Portland but I don't see how they'll ever make it past the second round with this bunch of rabble.

How quickly you forget what Bowen has done for this team, and what he still can do for this team. :huh

bdictjames
You obviously havent seen Vaughn play these past games; he's been GREAT. Offensively and defensively.

Kori Ellis
Yeah, we beat Portland but I don't see how they'll ever make it past the second round with this bunch of rabble.

You realize that Tony Parker is just out for a couple games and Vaughn won't start in the playoffs, right?

Oh ... and Bowen isn't here for offense.

Are you a Spurs fan?

nkdlunch
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
because offense wins playoff games :bang

romad_20
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Let's see, clutch 3's from the corner, blocks in the clutch (billups), shut down defense on the perimeter. Why is Bowen on this team? :rolleyes :wtf

xamila rey
03-07-2007, 11:35 PM

before starting a new thread u need to get some more info i think

boutons_
03-07-2007, 11:41 PM
"he's been GREAT"

hmm, check his stats for 24 minutes last night:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270306022

SRJ
03-08-2007, 03:33 AM

Once again, the casual fan's fallacy that you need all-stars at every position or your team is flawed. Thanks for playing, and we'll see you this summer as you post your trade ideas for obtaining Yao, Marion, Kobe, Nash and others. Pop and RC are listening, rest assured.

whottt
03-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Jacque Vaughn is nailing his 15 footer when left open...Jacque has me won over as long as he hits that shot fairly consistently.

I don't need him to hit it all the time but if he can't hit it when Duncan is getting doubled he needs to not be on the court in the post season. That is a recipe for a loss...because contrary to what SpursFans think...Duncan can't get score on double teams on a regular basis and he usually has a buttload of to's when he's doubled.

Couldn't disagree more about Bruce...Bruce gets absolutely no respect for his 3 shooting from SpursFans.

Bruce Bowen is a great 3 point shooter. A great 3 point shooter.......He's lead the NBA before and he's annually among the league leaders...and he's money when he's left open in the corner. He might just be the best in the NBA at hitting the corner three.

That's exactly what the Spurs ask from him...and it's exactly what he does. The only thing that worries me about Bruce is his age and ability to do it for an entire playoff series...and he's undersized and underweight compared to all other SF's in the NBA.

Pop OFits
03-08-2007, 05:15 AM
it is more than a little frustrating to me, that the Spurs are now in a position to have to start 2 Jonesless Schmoes. I'm talking about Bruce Bowen and Jacque Vaughn.

I'm just glad the Spurs at least had 2 other big-time players besides Bowen and Vaughn "to start" alongside Tim. Francisco Elson and Brent Barry really helped Tim to carry the scoring load.

phxspurfan
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
The only thing that worries me about Bruce is his age and ability to do it for an entire playoff series...and he's undersized and underweight compared to all other SF's in the NBA.

I'd say the weight thing is not nearly as big an issue as people make it out to be. Yes, he can be backed down in the post. But he has learned to draw offensive fouls and TD negates a lot with his help defense down there.

Anyway, how many other underweight/height top performers have there been? Tayshaun Prince is one. Ben Wallace is another. Jameer Nelson. If you want to go back, there's Sir Charles and Isaiah Thomas.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyone who can't knock down a 15 foot jumper has no business earning a pros salary.

Really? They're talking about hanging number 6 in the rafters and that guy's jump shot was a non-rotating flat-handed piece of crap (except for one beautiful jumper against the Knicks).

Dr Wu, who are wu?

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I dont think Shaq or Ben Wallace can hit a 15 foot jumper, but I guess those guys have no business making pro salaries either. I concur with Ed, who the hell are you?

Real Tomato Ketchup
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Anyone who thinks Jacque is a bum needs their head checked! He is a very heady player that never quits. He is just what the Spurs need, and unselfish smart floor leader.

PS, ROCK CHALK!

Pop OFits
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Jacque Vaughn's sliding steal from Mutombo was worth at least one start, right there. He scored a basket AND stole second base.

MrChug
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey man, MY MOM's doctor is named Wu! If you're him, you're an idiot--stay away from my Mom.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm just glad the Spurs at least had 2 other big-time players besides Bowen and Vaughn "to start" alongside Tim. Francisco Elson and Brent Barry really helped Tim to carry the scoring load.LMAO. You actually make an excellent point (presuming you're being sarcastic).

Elson, Bowen, Vaughn, Barry + anybody else would be far and away the worst starting lineup in the NBA. Name one other player besides Tim Duncan who could make that shit even semi-functional.

Behrooz24
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I hated the JV signing in the summer (I know I'm not the only one). He has done more than enough to change my opinion about him. Hopefully he'll be $$$ in teh playoffs if needed (ala his crackhead twin speedy) =)

smeagol
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Great thread :rolleyes

AFBlue
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I know Bowen still has a decent 3PT%, but that corner 3 hasn't been falling as of late. I also cringe every time he puts that ball on the floor. I am by no means demeaning his importance to this team, nor do I think his "slump" is something he can't come out of....but it would be nice if he could hit the only two shots he has in his arsenal (corner 3pt and elbow 20ft shot).

Kori Ellis
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I know Bowen still has a decent 3PT%, but that corner 3 hasn't been falling as of late. I also cringe every time he puts that ball on the floor. I am by no means demeaning his importance to this team, nor do I think his "slump" is something he can't come out of....but it would be nice if he could hit the only two shots he has in his arsenal (corner 3pt and elbow 20ft shot).

He had a great 3PT% in the beginning of the season, but I think his back problem has hindered his shot since February. I'm sure that he'll get on track.

AFBlue
03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
He had a great 3PT% in the beginning of the season, but I think his back problem has hindered his shot since February. I'm sure that he'll get on track.

I think as long as Finley continues to produce, Pop will play Bowen less in an effort to rest him up for the playoffs and get him healthy....at least that's what I'd do.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
He had a great 3PT% in the beginning of the season, but I think his back problem has hindered his shot since February. I'm sure that he'll get on track.It is beginning to be a real reason for concern, and it's not just since February:

Bowen's 3-point shooting:
FEB-MAR, 14 games, 5/31 = 16%
JAN, 16 games, 17/55 = 31%
over in 2007, 30 games, 22/86 = 26%

Pop OFits
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
LMAO. You actually make an excellent point (presuming you're being sarcastic).

Elson, Bowen, Vaughn, Barry + anybody else would be far and away the worst starting lineup in the NBA. Name one other player besides Tim Duncan who could make that shit even semi-functional.

( ;) It's me, Solid D but don't tell anyone)

DR WU
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Which is what I'm saying. It's tough for three guys to carry the offensive load...by themselves