PDA

View Full Version : Official Mavs Fans-Spurs Fans Smack Thread

SpursDynasty
03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Since everyone still loves to include Dallas in every thread here:

Mavs streak:

Kings, Sonics, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Rockets, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Heat, Nuggets, Hawks, Timberwolves, Cavs, Magic, Nets

Big deal. Sixteen very winnable games, no brilliant or great teams in that streak. Spurs could have a 16-game streak with that schedule. I think their 51-9 record is too overhyped. Every team outside of SA and Utah is an easy win. The NBA has just gotten THAT bad.

Spurs streak:

Nets, Pistons, Nuggets, Hawks, Sonics, Raptors, Magic, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers

Again, very winnable games against beatable teams.

Neither team really has done anything spectacular. They are just beating who they are supposed to beat, which is the majority of the NBA teams.

leemajors
03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
mavs streak vs spurs streak vs brown streak, you decide.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
You know this is going to turn in to another mav, spur fan smack thread right.

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
What makes Dallas' more impressive is the faxt that they have gotten into the double digit streaks three times now.

SpursDynasty
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
You know this is going to turn in to another mav, spur fan smack thread right.

That was not my intention. It can't turn into a Spurs vs Mavs thread, both of their streaks are against beatable teams. I'm just showing how neither team has proved anything yet.

mookie2001
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
even for the spurs forum, this is a bad thread

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I'll go ahead and get the usual stuff out of the way

SF:3 titles
MF:That;s past, scoreboard bitch

SF:Choke
MF:We're fucking awesome

THE SIXTH MAN
03-08-2007, 12:44 AM
I'll go ahead and get the usual stuff out of the way

SF:3 titles
MF:That;s past, scoreboard bitch

SF:Choke
MF:We're fucking awesome
:lol

jman3000
3 titles? when did this happen?

Trainwreck2100
btw Mavs streak>Spurs streak

THE SIXTH MAN
03-08-2007, 12:46 AM
3 titles? when did this happen?
That's irrelevant, quit living in the past.

SpursDynasty
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Ok Kori, go ahead and move this thread into some other thread I guess.

mookie2001
03-08-2007, 12:48 AM
this smack could last all night

Shank
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
What's funny is that you guys went through all of that without a fan of the Mavs even joining in. Nice little J.O. session.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-08-2007, 01:27 AM
What would be crazy is if the Spurs and Mavs both have the streak still alive when they meet up.

ponky
03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
mavs streak vs spurs streak vs brown streak, you decide.

D. playoff streak

whottt
03-08-2007, 01:59 AM
D. playoff streak

That's living in the past...I want to live in the present.

lefty
03-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Mavs fans / Spurs fans smack talk streak : intact :toast

Dre_7
03-08-2007, 05:50 AM
I didnt even read this thread, but heres my two cents: I dont care what any team does in the regular season. As long as San Antonio is healthy come playoff time, I think they will get title number 4!

silk
03-08-2007, 05:59 AM
anybody know a good mavs forum? i'm curious to see what they write about our spurs and their recent streak

fonzy16
03-08-2007, 06:08 AM
anybody know a good mavs forum? i'm curious to see what they write about our spurs and their recent streak

Yeah, it's www.Spurstalk.com :lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2007, 06:15 AM
i blame this on the suns and small ball and any other team that adopts the system has forgot about defense.

J.T.
03-08-2007, 06:19 AM
My boy Michael is from Dallas and always has to fall back on the fact that Dallas has more overall sports championships than San Antonio. If only Lombardis and Stanleys meant a damn when talking hoops. It must be something in the water up in Dallas...

George Gervin's Afro
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
16 wins against anybody is pretty good if you ask me.

Kent_in_Atlanta
03-08-2007, 09:24 AM

I agree. The Mavs and Suns have both been very impressive all season. We've got to put Phoenix in the same sentence since most of their losses have come in the handful of game in which Nash was out. It's very, very impressive what both of those teams have done.

Having said that... it means nothing more than home-court advantage, and I don't think the Spurs are horribly concerned about that.

All that matters is that the Spurs are at the top of their game heading into the playoffs, and it certainly appears that they are already in that form.

Let Dallas have all the December/January/Febuary championships they want. The one we care about is still a couple months away.

Texas_Ranger
03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Don't make this kind of stupid threads.

mabber
03-08-2007, 09:49 AM

Mavs streak:

Kings, Sonics, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Rockets, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Heat, Nuggets, Hawks, Timberwolves, Cavs, Magic, Nets

Big deal. Sixteen very winnable games, no brilliant or great teams in that streak. Spurs could have a 16-game streak with that schedule. I think their 51-9 record is too overhyped. Every team outside of SA and Utah is an easy win. The NBA has just gotten THAT bad.

Spurs streak:

Nets, Pistons, Nuggets, Hawks, Sonics, Raptors, Magic, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers

Neither team really has done anything spectacular. They are just beating who they are supposed to beat, which is the majority of the NBA teams.

While any long streaks in the NBA are difficult, I haven't been that impressed with the Mavs streak and they way they've been playing. Other than closing out games fairly well, they really haven't been playing as well as they were in December & January IMO. I've only seen a couple of the Spur's games during their streak so I really can't comment on that.

LEONARD
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Honestly, the Mavs are just playing "OK" right now...

Glad to see the Spurs playing better...the Mavs needed some competition...

stretch
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM

Mavs streak:

Spurs streak:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/gay_thread.jpg

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I think this guys point is valid. The NBA is in a sorry ass state, there are so many embarrasing teams that would even lose to Euro teams at this point.

So I agree, mavs + Spurs have not done much to impress me. Imagine if these Mavs or Spurs were in the 90s NBA. They most definitely would not have anything close to these streaks. And they would get blown out by the Bulls.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
51-5 since the 0-4 start is remarkable.

If you're winning 10 out of every 11 games you're going to have a few good streaks in there.

All I can say is that if the Mavs lose in the playoffs it will be the biggest letdown in NBA history. Every previous team that had reached the 51 win mark at this point in the season has gone on to win the title.

The Suns, Spurs et. al. just need to hope Dallas feels the pressure in the playoffs and tightens up, because they're obviously having an amazing year. If they're loose and relaxed and hitting on all cylinders they're going to be a tough mountain to climb.

mabber
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
51-5 since the 0-4 start is remarkable.

If you're winning 10 out of every 11 games you're going to have a few good streaks in there.

All I can say is that if the Mavs lose in the playoffs it will be the biggest letdown in NBA history. Every previous team that had reached the 51 win mark at this point in the season has gone on to win the title.

The Suns, Spurs et. al. just need to hope Dallas feels the pressure in the playoffs and tightens up, because they're obviously having an amazing year. If they're loose and relaxed and hitting on all cylinders they're going to be a tough mountain to climb.

Yep, the bar has been raised and if the Mavs don't win the title it will be much worse than blowing it to the Heat last season.

I don't see the Mavs feeling the pressure though. They all say they feel like they have something to prove this season and they still think nobody believes they will win (i.e. playing with chip on their collective shoulders). I think someone is just going to have to play better than them and that's certainly possible for San Antonio or Phoenix to do.

SRJ
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I think this guys point is valid. The NBA is in a sorry ass state, there are so many embarrasing teams that would even lose to Euro teams at this point.

So I agree, mavs + Spurs have not done much to impress me. Imagine if these Mavs or Spurs were in the 90s NBA. They most definitely would not have anything close to these streaks. And they would get blown out by the Bulls.

Having watched basketball extensively in the 1990's and this decade leads me to the conclusion that you are wrong.

1) The Spurs set a franchise record winning streak of 17 games in the 1995-96 season. That Spurs team wasn't nearly as championship capable as this one is.

2) Which Bulls team? The 72-10 team from 1995-96? You could be right about that. But if basketball was so much better in the 1990's, how the fuck was one team able to win 72 games?

Islymore
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
But if basketball was so much better in the 1990's, how the fuck was one team able to win 72 games?

FINALLY someone else has read my mind.... just breezin thru... but I had an argument over this same thot and didnt wanna start one up again!!!

mabber
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Having watched basketball extensively in the 1990's and this decade leads me to the conclusion that you are wrong.

1) The Spurs set a franchise record winning streak of 17 games in the 1995-96 season. That Spurs team wasn't nearly as championship capable as this one is.

2) Which Bulls team? The 72-10 team from 1995-96? You could be right about that. But if basketball was so much better in the 1990's, how the fuck was one team able to win 72 games?

Maybe the Bulls were just that much better than everyone else? I'm not sure how them winning 72 games one year says that basketball wasn't better in the 90's?

I'm not saying it was, just pointing out that saying basketball wasn't better in a certain decade because one great team won 72 games in one of the 10 years doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

adrienne
03-08-2007, 01:39 PM
My personal problem with this whole issue is the fact that many Spurs fans have dismissed the Mavs record time and time again. I can't tell you how many times I have read "HAHA CONGRATZ ON UR REGULAR SEASON TITLE U SUCK!". That argument is no longer funny or clever (not that it ever really was). Now that the Spurs are on a streak, a few of those same Spurs fans are claiming dominance and that this is an indication that they will win the championship again.

Both streaks are impressive. I'm glad to see the Spurs playing better because it will make the playoffs all the more interesting and exciting. But it can't be both ways...if the Mavs run is insignificant, so is the Spurs. If the Spurs run is significant, so is the Mavs.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Two top 50 players of all time, one being maybe the best ever. Maybe the best inch for inch rebounder of all time. 3 all defensive team members, 6th man of the year, and a bunch of really good role players (Luc Longley 9 points a game, Ron Harper 8 points a game)with a great 3 point shooter (Steve Kerr, second in the league in %) as well

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM
But it can't be both ways...if the Mavs run is insignificant, so is the Spurs. If the Spurs run is significant, so is the Mavs.

You can't make statements like that until you have three rings.

SRJ
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Maybe the Bulls were just that much better than everyone else? I'm not sure how them winning 72 games one year says that basketball wasn't better in the 90's?

I'm not saying it was, just pointing out that saying basketball wasn't better in a certain decade because one great team won 72 games in one of the 10 years doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'm not trying to underrate the 1996 Bulls - in fact, they are the greatest team in NBA history, so that wasn't the point.

But it seems to me that if a league is strong from top to bottom (and the other poster argued that basketball was much stronger in the 1990s), you wouldn't get extremes like 72 wins. Hypothetically speaking, in a balanced league, the weakest teams would win more often and the strongest teams would win less often than the real world. 1996 was an expansion year - the Raptors and Grizzlies played their first seasons in 1995-96. Despite establishing an NBA record 72-10, the Bulls only finished 8 games ahead of the second place Seattle Sonics, who went 64-18. (In the non-expansion year of 1992, the Bulls finished 10 games ahead of second place) Those two teams plus Orlando established franchise records for wins that year which haven't been broken.

I don't know how someone would make the argument that basketball was dramatically better just one decade ago. I have observed the same two decades and didn't see what that other poster saw. At the very least, there ought to be an argument to substantiate such a surprising claim.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
The Bulls won 69 games the next year after they won 72, I think they were just better than everyone

SRJ
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
The Bulls won 69 games the next year after they won 72, I think they were just better than everyone

Again, I'm not arguing that point. I just don't happen to think that basketball was significantly better in the 1990s than it is now. To be exact, I don't think it was better at all.

Some people point to things like points and FG% being lower now than it was then and think that's incontrovertible proof of the decline of basketball. Having seen the evolution of team defense that began with Chuck Daly's Pistons teams of the late 1980's, and having seen this active style of defense executed by superior athletes (not players - I'm talking strictly running, jumping, quickness, and the athletes today are better than 10 years ago IMO), I believe this defensive evolution accounts for the decline of offensive metrics, not some sudden degradation of the quality of play.

mabber
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not trying to underrate the 1996 Bulls - in fact, they are the greatest team in NBA history, so that wasn't the point.

But it seems to me that if a league is strong from top to bottom (and the other poster argued that basketball was much stronger in the 1990s), you wouldn't get extremes like 72 wins. Hypothetically speaking, in a balanced league, the weakest teams would win more often and the strongest teams would win less often than the real world. 1996 was an expansion year - the Raptors and Grizzlies played their first seasons in 1995-96. Despite establishing an NBA record 72-10, the Bulls only finished 8 games ahead of the second place Seattle Sonics, who went 64-18. (In the non-expansion year of 1992, the Bulls finished 10 games ahead of second place) Those two teams plus Orlando established franchise records for wins that year which haven't been broken.

I don't know how someone would make the argument that basketball was dramatically better just one decade ago. I have observed the same two decades and didn't see what that other poster saw. At the very least, there ought to be an argument to substantiate such a surprising claim.

It's a really hard argument to substantiate. It's probably just a little bit of "old times" syndrome. The past usually seems better the farther you are from it. I'm speculating that the 90's are "old times" for a lot of posters on here. Whereas, I think basketball was better in the 80's with the great Laker, Celtics & Sixers teams. I don't think there's a good way to prove that though. Just because the 80's decade had 2-3 really good teams doesn't mean that basketball was played better back then.

SRJ
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
It's a really hard argument to substantiate. It's probably just a little bit of "old times" syndrome. The past usually seems better the farther you are from it. I'm speculating that the 90's are "old times" for a lot of posters on here. Whereas, I think basketball was better in the 80's with the great Laker, Celtics & Sixers teams. I don't think there's a good way to prove that though. Just because the 80's decade had 2-3 really good teams doesn't mean that basketball was played better back then.

Thank you very much. I agree with your assessment.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Look, I dont know which era had the best teams or which team was better than another, I just know that that Bulls team was probably the best team I have ever watched, and they would have had a good chance against whoever they played

mabber
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Look, I dont know which era had the best teams or which team was better than another, I just know that that Bulls team was probably the best team I have ever watched, and they would have had a good chance against whoever they played

Without a doubt.

Jordan was easily the best player I ever saw play but I'm really not certain what was the best basketball team I've ever seen. I'd narrow it down to the Bulls of the 90's (72 win team), the Sixers of early 80's that won title and the best teams of the Lakers & Celtics of the 80's. There's really no way of determining who was the best of those teams.

island_dude
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
The old worn out debates about how this team or that team would've done aginst teams of the 80's or 90's is moot. There isn't any way to know what the outcome would be.

The only win streaks that will matter will be in April-June.

StylisticS
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM

It makes you appreciate what we saw from that 90s Bulls team. I really doubt any team will even break the record of 73-9. I know the old chiche of records are made to be broken. I don't see that happening in the NBA in our lifetime. I know that's a bold prediction, but have to throw it out there anyway.

for the bettermint (is that even a word?) for the team...i think it would be good if avery lost a few games..in the form of resting his allstars.
He'll start giving them less minutes when the division and number 1 seed is wrapped up. But I do agree with one person (don't know if I see it on here or not), but if that does happen, it could be a mistake similar to what Dungy did with the Colts a couple years ago. It can help you at the same time haunt you.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Actually, the prevailing attitude in the 1990s was that the Bulls record was inflated because of the weak competition in the NBA at that time, and that those Bulls wouldn't have stood a chance against the All-Star-laden Lakers, Celtics, or Sixers of the 1980s.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

miss paxton
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
My personal problem with this whole issue is the fact that many Spurs fans have dismissed the Mavs record time and time again. I can't tell you how many times I have read "HAHA CONGRATZ ON UR REGULAR SEASON TITLE U SUCK!". That argument is no longer funny or clever (not that it ever really was). Now that the Spurs are on a streak, a few of those same Spurs fans are claiming dominance and that this is an indication that they will win the championship again.

Both streaks are impressive. I'm glad to see the Spurs playing better because it will make the playoffs all the more interesting and exciting. But it can't be both ways...if the Mavs run is insignificant, so is the Spurs. If the Spurs run is significant, so is the Mavs.

While I think both streaks are mainly indicative of teams beating who they are supposed to beat, I think I can make a decent argument that the Spurs' streak was somewhat harder to accomplish, and here's why:

In Dallas's 16 game streak, they've played 12 games at home and 4 on the road.

Dallas has had two back to backs, neither of which was an away/away and which were a long time apart: @ home against Seattle on 1/30 and away at Memphis on 1/31--both weak teams--and @ home against Atlanta on 2/26 and away against the Wolves on 2/27. Dallas therefore went approximately a month with no back to backs (skewed because of the All-Star Break, of course).

In the Spurs' last ten games, they've had to play six on the road and four at home.

The Spurs have had four back to backs in their ten game winning streak, which includes the set before the ASB. Of the four back to backs, two were home/away and two away/away. The last set of back to backs came as four in five days.

Both teams played their most recent games on March 6. So Dallas has won 16 games in 39 days, including the ASB, dating back to January 27 and the Spurs have won 10 games in 21 days, dating back to February 13, again including the ASB.

I don't have a problem with the Mavs' win streak; they play who's on the schedule, and it takes a lot of focus to keep winning games. But their schedule does get more road-heavy from here on out, so that could get more interesting. Dallas is 21-6 on the road, so it's not like they're weak on the road, but that's a full six fewer road games so far than the Spurs (23-10). I'll be curious to see how it all plays out.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 02:55 PM
You can't make statements like that until you have three rings.Nah, we'd settle for just one.

Question: were people who said the Chargers' 14-2 record meant nothing for the playoffs wrong for doing so?

nkdlunch
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
But if basketball was so much better in the 1990's, how the fuck was one team able to win 72 games?

http://www.interbasket.net/players/usa/jordan.jpg

that year jordan was on a mission from God. You can consider it an asterisk year.

Don Quixote
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Nah, we'd settle for just one [championship ring, before we accept smack talk from Mavs Fan].

Go easy on Little Brother. He's insecure.

Both teams are looking great. Dallas is pretty much kicking everyone's butt. Actually, when was the last time either Dallas, S.A., Phoenix, or Utah lost? All 4 teams are kicking butt right now and the West playoffs should be great. If I were commish, however, I would contract the playoffs and only let in the top 4 seeds. Then, I would stack teams' conference games at the end of the season, and let 9 or 10 teams fight it out for 4 spots. It would give the regular season some meaning.

Right now, Dallas, S.A., Utah, and Pho. are just tuning up for the playoffs, and seeds 5-8 are working hard to get in, but will in all likelihood get beat pretty handily in the first round. So the first round will be boring.

mabber
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Go easy on Little Brother. He's insecure.

Both teams are looking great. Dallas is pretty much kicking everyone's butt. Actually, when was the last time either Dallas, S.A., Phoenix, or Utah lost? All 4 teams are kicking butt right now and the West playoffs should be great. If I were commish, however, I would contract the playoffs and only let in the top 4 seeds. Then, I would stack teams' conference games at the end of the season, and let 9 or 10 teams fight it out for 4 spots. It would give the regular season some meaning.

Right now, Dallas, S.A., Utah, and Pho. are just tuning up for the playoffs, and seeds 5-8 are working hard to get in, but will in all likelihood get beat pretty handily in the first round. So the first round will be boring.

Phoenix lost last week.

I think the 4 vs. 5 seed series will be very competitive. Other than that I don't see the lower seed winning more than 1 game (maybe 2) in the other first round series.

Don Quixote
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Phoenix lost last week.

I think the 4 vs. 5 seed series will be very competitive. Other than that I don't see the lower seed winning more than 1 game (maybe 2) in the other first round series.

Hmmm ... maybe if Houston gets #5. They can more than hang with S.A.. However, they're not exactly playing gangbusters right now. I think Utah will smush them.

L.A. (#6?) against S.A. Could be good, but the Lakers are struggling and everyone except Kobe is hurt. Spurs in a sweep, maybe.

Dallas and Phoenix should have no problems against Denver and (the Clips/Wolves/Warriors), respectively. So the final weeks of the reg. season, and the first round of the playoffs will accomplish squat. Too many mediocre teams making the playoffs. I say, shorten the playoffs and let fewer teams in.

dbreiden83080
03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Mavs is at what 16 games now so they have the better streak. They lose like a game a month these days.

adrienne
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
miss paxton, I agree--the competition for the Mavs hasn't exactly been awe-inspiring. But the fact that they didn't have many on the road or many back-to-backs seems less important, at least to me, due to their great road record and the fact that they have yet to lose the second half of back-to-back. It also doesn't negate the other two 12+ winning streaks.

I'm not saying trying to prove the Mavs superiority, I'm just saying that it's a little bit rediculous that some (not you) have said that the Mavs winning streak is meaningless while celebrating the streak the Spurs are on, because "three rings" (the only argument I've heard lately.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm not saying trying to prove the Mavs superiority, I'm just saying that it's a little bit rediculous that some (not you) have said that the Mavs winning streak is meaningless while celebrating the streak the Spurs are on, because "three rings" (the only argument I've heard lately.

Anyone that says that is just being a hater.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2007, 07:00 PM
My boy Michael is from Dallas and always has to fall back on the fact that Dallas has more overall sports championships than San Antonio. If only Lombardis and Stanleys meant a damn when talking hoops. It must be something in the water up in Dallas...
Dallas has 4 sports teams that have been in existence a total of 123 years with 6 championships.
San Antonio has 1 sports team that has been in existence a total of 34 years with 3 championships.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm not saying trying to prove the Mavs superiority, I'm just saying that it's a little bit

http://www.brianbehrend.com/links/archives/images/redickulouslygay.jpg

that some (not you) have said that the Mavs winning streak is meaningless while celebrating the streak the Spurs are on, because "three rings" (the only argument I've heard lately.

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Dallas has 4 sports teams that have been in existence a total of 123 years with 6 championships.
San Antonio has 1 sports team that has been in existence a total of 34 years with 3 championships.

You forgot about the legendary Dallas Sidekicks. That's four more titles.

Dalhoop
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I think that the Mavs is more impressive, It has been going for longer. The idea that all the teams were "beatable" holds little water. With the top teams in the league, everyone is beatable.

Its a function of getting up to play the Hawks and Blazers as opposed to thinking that you have the game in hand. When a team wins alot of games, it is natural to think about your own supiriority. Now the Mavs and Spurs are saying the right things, but inside, its only human.

That a team can go 10-16 games without taking a game off is worthy of note. A coach can only do so much whip-cracking, at some point the team will need a loss to bring them back to earth.

Beating anyone in a league were anyone can get hot that many times in a row, is not easy. More then a little luck is involed in both streaks.

conversekid
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Exactly. How can you say what the mavs have done is nothing? No, they haven't won the ring... but stop hating. The mavs are steam rolling the league right now. What they've done to "this" point is pretty smooth.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
A 16 game win streak against any set of opponents in the NBA is amazing. Just being able to maintain the focus and discipline of taking care of business over so many games is awesome. The Spurs are mounting their own terrific streak quietly.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Is Cuban going on Letterman again?

DubMcDub
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Having said that... it means nothing more than home-court advantage, and I don't think the Spurs are horribly concerned about that.

It really amuses me how many times this gets written on the board.

It means a lot more than home court advantage. It means having the #1 seed and getting to play the weakest team in the first round as well as not having to potentially face the other 2 top teams in the West in successive rounds.

But keep telling yourselves "it's only about HCA and the Spurs don't care about that".

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Wow. Mav Fan up in here regulating us about the playoffs.

Drop the knowledge, Cuban lovers.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Although, on second thought, I can see why they put a lot of stock in the HCA.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/06/21/sports/nba.articlespan.jpg

angryllama
03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
This thread is pretty weak.

The Spurs are only 9 games back in the loss column. That's right. 9 games. 9 games separate the two teams. 9. Games. 9.

The Mavs are chasing NBA history while the Spurs are chasing the Suns.

See you at the finish line.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-09-2007, 02:17 AM

The Spurs are only 9 games back in the loss column. That's right. 9 games. 9 games separate the two teams. 9. Games. 9.

See you at the finish line.
How many games?

ShoogarBear
03-09-2007, 02:33 AM

See you at the finish line.We have a different idea of where the finish line is than you do.

windjc
03-09-2007, 02:39 AM
dallas is going to crush you. enjoy your streak. when you get your winning % up to .850 or better, then come talk about your "regular season" success. you guys are so happy that your spurs are no longer looking 100 years old and are finally playing with some intention, that you fail to see that dallas is still playing at a much higher level. heck, dallas is strolling along, playing about 3/4 of a quarter each game, yet still picking up victory after victory. its like auto-pilot at this point. dallas is bored, just waiting for the real season (playoffs) to begin. when it does, they are going to ramp it up several more notches. spurs will find themselves playig catch-up again.

meanwhile, mavs fans will be spurs fans, cheering you on to get that 3rd seed ahead of utah. have fun with the suns. hope to see you in the WCFs....

verbose
03-09-2007, 02:40 AM
dallas is going to crush you. enjoy your streak. when you get your winning % up to .850 or better, then come talk about your "regular season" success. you guys are so happy that your spurs are no longer looking 100 years old and are finally playing with some intention, that you fail to see that dallas is still playing at a much higher level. heck, dallas is strolling along, playing about 3/4 of a quarter each game, yet still picking up victory after victory. its like auto-pilot at this point. dallas is bored, just waiting for the real season (playoffs) to begin. when it does, they are going to ramp it up several more notches. spurs will find themselves playig catch-up again.

meanwhile, mavs fans will be spurs fans, cheering you on to get that 3rd seed ahead of utah. have fun with the suns. hope to see you in the WCFs....

jackoff

windjc
03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
"jackoff"

sorry, truth hurts.

verbose
03-09-2007, 02:43 AM
denial

mardigan
03-09-2007, 02:46 AM
"jackoff"

sorry, truth hurts.

Who the fuck are you? Another Mav bandwagoner, Jesus, like cock-a-roaches. Your one to talk about regular season, seeing as how thats all your team has won in, why dont you not post again until your team wins something besides the regular season title, it might be awhile. Fuck I hate having to bring up rings, but you make me do it.

windjc
03-09-2007, 02:51 AM
"We have a different idea of where the finish line is than you do."

No you don't, lol. Please. The championship is the finish line, everyone knows that. Dallas is just more impressive in how they are getting there thats all. Dallas is on cruise control right now. You guys just starting playing ball the way we were 30 games ago, a week or so ago. Congratulations on making it to the party. Now as you try to settle down, we'll just get on with business, which is pretty much fine tuning every aspect of this well oiled Ferrari that is blowing towards that "finish line" you mentioned. Wait until this boring regular season is over and the Mavs have something to motivate them again, and your spurs will be wishing they hadnt waited so long to join the party. enjoy it while you can. maybe youll win your next 10 too. meanwhile, we'll just (yawn) take care of this next 20 some odd games so that we can do something really meaningful-like kicking your butts when it really matters...

T Park
03-09-2007, 02:53 AM
christ maybe if we set off a raid bomb and leave the forum for a day, maybe they will go away.

windjc
03-09-2007, 02:56 AM
"Fuck I hate having to bring up rings, but you make me do it."

lol, no i didnt. your insecurities did that. btw, i couldnt care less how many more boring regular season games the mavs win, because i know that avery J. is just twicking and fine tuning right now. its not even about Ws and Ls. the spurs, their just happy to have rediscovered their "confidence" as manu quoted tonight. congrats for finding your way. at least you dont look 100 yrs old anymore. but the beatdown is coming. and while we applaud your winning streak and hope it continues throughout the regular season, its only setting you up for greater disappointment in the playoffs. a month ago, when all of you were jumping off buildings on here, the upcoming beatdown would have already been suffered in your minds. but now you have reason to believe again. oh well, pain is part of being a fan sometimes.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-09-2007, 03:02 AM

lol, no i didnt. your insecurities did that. btw, i couldnt care less how many more boring regular season games the mavs win, because i know that avery J. is just twicking and fine tuning right now. its not even about Ws and Ls. the spurs, their just happy to have rediscovered their "confidence" as manu quoted tonight. congrats for finding your way. at least you dont look 100 yrs old anymore. but the beatdown is coming. and while we applaud your winning streak and hope it continues throughout the regular season, its only setting you up for greater disappointment in the playoffs. a month ago, when all of you were jumping off buildings on here, the upcoming beatdown would have already been suffered in your minds. but now you have reason to believe again. oh well, pain is part of being a fan sometimes.
Some one's scared that the spurs are now getting on a roll.

mikekim
03-09-2007, 03:03 AM
dallas is going to crush you. enjoy your streak. when you get your winning % up to .850 or better, then come talk about your "regular season" success...

....dallas is bored, just waiting for the real season (playoffs) to begin. when it does, they are going to ramp it up several more notches. spurs will find themselves playig catch-up again.

sorry, truth hurts.

Truth? Unless you're some crazily prophetic telephone psychic, i don't know how much "truth" you just spewed with your predictions...

but then again, you did say "when you get your winning % up to .850 or better..." though. I'd like to thank you for your high view of the spurs. I don't know if we'll get close to 70 wins...it's a bit too optimistic I think...but yeah, it's good to know mavs fans have such faith in the spurs...i'll be sure to come find you to talk about our success.

mardigan
03-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Biggest winning streak since 03-04 bitches!!

verbose
03-09-2007, 03:04 AM

:sleep

windjc
03-09-2007, 03:11 AM
"Some one's scared that the spurs are now getting on a roll."

uummm. actually i praised your streak and said we were pulling for you to continue it. lol, but noones scared. that was the point. im not lashing out in insecurity. you guys passed us the torch last year. now, your annual beatdown is written in stone. if you make it to the WCF. i could care less if you do, but if you do.

windjc
03-09-2007, 03:20 AM
from regular season futility to decent team with focus and purpose. hooray! now what? there is still no way they are going to beat a healthy mavs team that is spending the second half of the season just fine tuning their machine. the spurs are putting a valient veteran effort to give the appearance that they are poised to make a run. but, unfortunately even if they are, it doesnt matter because the mavs are superior. the torch was passed last year. you now exist only as a stepping stone along the way. best case scenario you put up a good fight, the way a champion would and keep your dignity in defeat. i think you will, if you even make it to the wcf's. good luck. and if you do, get ready for your beatdown.

sabar
03-09-2007, 03:22 AM
I've never heard that before :rolleyes

dg7md
03-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks for your contribution,

mardigan
03-09-2007, 03:25 AM
"Some one's scared that the spurs are now getting on a roll."

uummm. actually i praised your streak and said we were pulling for you to continue it. lol, but noones scared. that was the point. im not lashing out in insecurity. you guys passed us the torch last year. now, your annual beatdown is written in stone. if you make it to the WCF. i could care less if you do, but if you do.

Alright dude, you win, we suck and congrats on winning the title....

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm tired of some Mavs fans coming just to talk crap and the Spurs fans who can't talk civil with anyone who isn't a Spurs fan.

So here's your frickin' thread for this kind of trash.

Any unnecessary stuff in other threads without substance is just going to get deleted.

windjc
03-09-2007, 03:30 AM
"Thanks for your contribution,"

no problem. i respect what the spurs have done, just like i respected other teams with long runs of success in this and other sports. particularly in pro basketball i have noticed how many of these long runs were spawned out of talent and heartache. thats why what is happening to the mavs is so obvious. their time has come. just like the detriot/lakers, bulls/pistons, lakers/celtics, spurs/lakers- the former had to suffer at the hands of the latter before they could take their place. so it is now. the torch was passed from spurs to mavs last year and the mavs first title is now matured in the anger of the finals defeat. it is coming to pass and the spurs arent in a position to stop it. baring injury to dirk, one should expect dallas to begin a moderate period of league domination. their time has come.

SAtown
03-09-2007, 03:32 AM

Fuck the Mavs and their fans :smokin

windjc
03-09-2007, 03:34 AM
"I'm tired of some Mavs fans coming just to talk crap and the Spurs fans who can't talk civil with anyone who isn't a Spurs fan.

Any unnecessary stuff in other threads without substance is just going to get deleted."

my goodness, i read all these threads and quite honestly 90%+ of the posts are without "substance". that is the world of message boards. even on dallasbasketball.com, where the moderators dont get so pissy with quotes like the one you provided above, many of the post aren't of great "substance".

i am simply expressing my strong opinions-there certainly seem to be no lack of those on this board. i dont make personal attacks, dont cuss (except to quote) and have a feeling of respect for your team of choice.

but, delete or ban or do whatever makes you feel powerful if you must, but whatever you do, please relax.

mardigan
03-09-2007, 03:35 AM
"I'm tired of some Mavs fans coming just to talk crap and the Spurs fans who can't talk civil with anyone who isn't a Spurs fan.

Any unnecessary stuff in other threads without substance is just going to get deleted."

my goodness, i read all these threads and quite honestly 90%+ of the posts are without "substance". that is the world of message boards. even on dallasbasketball.com, where the moderators dont get so pissy with quotes like the one you provided above, many of the post aren't of great "substance".

i am simply expressing my strong opinions-there certainly seem to be no lack of those on this board. i dont make personal attacks, dont cuss (except to quote) and have a feeling of respect for your team of choice.

but, delete or ban or do whatever makes you feel powerful if you must, but whatever you do, please relax.

Dude, just leave. All you are doing is trying to bring us down and its really lame

slayermin
03-09-2007, 03:36 AM
The eleven in a row is great. But I think it's more important that Manu has embraced coming off the bench. The Spurs rotation is flowing right now and there are enough games left to fine tune it all.

mardigan
03-09-2007, 03:37 AM
The eleven in a row is great. But I think it's more important that Manu has embraced coming off the bench. The Spurs rotation is flowing right now and there are enough games left to fine tune it all.

Totally agree, he has looked just ridiculous during this streak. Hopefully he can keep it going all the way into the playoffs

windjc
03-09-2007, 03:38 AM
"Dude, just leave. All you are doing is trying to bring us down and its really lame"

if i brought you down, i apologize. sincerely.

Trainwreck2100
03-09-2007, 03:41 AM

I like the vertabrate Mavs fans yeah most are annoying, but at least they have backbone (Amarelooms and Pussyface don't apply as they are morons) Oh boo fucking hoo so maybe we are tired of every fucking thread becoming a Mavs/Spurs/Suns dick measuring competition.

Trainwreck2100
as for not cussing it's not against the TOS

shittin fuckin crapsicle

Trainwreck2100
see i just cussed

Tampon
03-09-2007, 04:03 AM
I wouldn't piss off Kori tonight ,she is not feeling well I have inside info

THE SIXTH MAN
03-09-2007, 04:04 AM

Jackie
03-09-2007, 04:17 AM
I hope Kori feels better very soon she is the reason I still have a job. :)

SAtown
03-09-2007, 04:19 AM

:lmao

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 04:21 AM

So you decided to get a new user name?

Obstructed_View
03-09-2007, 05:01 AM
So you decided to get a new user name?
Man I wish you'd go ahead and bust people publicly who do that.

windjc
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
"So you decided to get a new user name?"

lol. no. same as it ever was. who do i remind you of? promise, im not them.

i appreciate at least one spurs fan (Trainwreck) giving his support. so many posters on here whine and throw around insults. thing is, when your opponent is kick-ass, he gets to go "SCOREBOARD!". and alot of posters dont rub two brain cells together long enough to come up with a response better than "jackoff" or "3 rings".

anyways, i didnt even come here and say "Scoreboard!", I came on and said "Beatdown Ahead!".

duncanchick21
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
:madrun :ihit Hey windjc champion old buddy. You talk alot of shit for a newcomer. You're so confident that the mavs will win it all don't you? Your overconfidence will be your downfall!! Until you have the ring, then your shit will be legit! THE SPURS WILL WIN WCF AND FINALS!!! WE DON'T CHOKE IN FINALS!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Don Quixote
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM

You're sick.

Mavs are Champs
03-09-2007, 12:18 PM
:madrun :ihit Hey windjc champion old buddy. You talk alot of shit for a newcomer. You're so confident that the mavs will win it all don't you? Your overconfidence will be your downfall!! Until you have the ring, then your shit will be legit! THE SPURS WILL WIN WCF AND FINALS!!! WE DON'T CHOKE IN FINALS!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Good thing windjc doesnt play for the Mavs :rolleyes Just so you know, the Mavs are playing with a purpose right now, they are not over confident, and when you quote over confidence of Mavs fans you shouldnt follow it by Saying "THE SPURS WILL WIN WCF AND FINALS!!! WE DON'T CHOKE IN FINALS!!!!! GO SPURS GO!" To me that sounds a little over confident on your part since the Spurs just now broke their first double digit win streak of this season, and their best win streak in a couple of years. The Spurs, much like the Mavs, are playing awesome right now, but you can't crown them just yet! Why don't you be a little more realistic, enjoy the ride, and I hope to everything that we will see each other in the Playoffs. I really, really want the Mavs to beat the crap out of the Spurs to shut some of you up.! :ihit

Either way, it is going to be a heck of a series :clap

duncanchick21
03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
:nope :ihit I'll give you that "Mavs are Champs" The Spurs and Mavs are playing awesome now. And will see each other in the playoffs. I suggest you also enjoy the ride! Let's see if your name "Mavs are Champs" will mean something for once!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

mabber
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
:nope :ihit I'll give you that "Mavs are Champs" The Spurs and Mavs are playing awesome now. And will see each other in the playoffs. I suggest you also enjoy the ride! Let's see if your name "Mavs are Champs" will mean something for once!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Seems like every Spurs fan thinks there's no way the Suns can beat the Spurs in the 2nd round. As a Mav fan, I'm scared of the Suns in any round.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I'll post this here for any mavs fan. I'd like more info from you guys. DISCLAIMER: I live in Austin and debate, hang, drink with alot of Mavs fans and what I can get from last year is this in the "Which Would Suck More: Losing to the Spurs or Losing to the Heat again?" debate:

The concensus from the people that I know that are diehard fans of the Mavs is that they consider the Spurs a true "rival" in every sense of the word. And they feel disappointment in the Finals loss, but not a true sense of anger AT THE HEAT. Is that really far off?

adrienne
03-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Sometimes I feel embarassed by the people who have chosen to represent Mavs fans on this forum. Then I remember about some of the people who choose to represent Spurs fans on Mavs and other NBA forums...and I realize that there is no escaping idiocy no matter where you go or who you cheer for.:lol

adrienne
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
The concensus from the people that I know that are diehard fans of the Mavs is that they consider the Spurs a true "rival" in every sense of the word. And they feel disappointment in the Finals loss, but not a true sense of anger AT THE HEAT. Is that really far off?

No, I don't think that's far off. I don't like Wade, but I never have. The Mavs didn't hold on and play like they should, and Wade went off. It wasn't a "fluke", but it happened once. The Heat haven't plagued the Mavs.

The Spurs have been a thorn in the Mavs side for YEARS. It wasn't a true rivalry until the Mavs were finally able to break through and beat them. What I like about the Mavs/Spurs rivalry is the fact that the teams and coaches seem to genuinely have respect and admiration for one another.

Whottt.
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Even though this topic is border-line lame? The Dallas Maverick fans seem to have the better smack in my opinion.

SpursDynasty
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
The Spurs have already accomplished a 16-game win streak in recent years, so what Dallas is doing isn't impressive: Spurs ran off 17 straight games at the end of the regular season in 2003-2004 and into the playoffs. 11 regular season, 6 straight playoff wins before losing 4 straight to the Lakers.

Proof that big streaks don't matter unless you go all the way.

adrienne
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM
SpursDynasty--that's fine. If you also concede that the Spurs streak doesn't matter.

TwoHandJam
03-09-2007, 04:18 PM
from regular season futility to decent team with focus and purpose. hooray! now what? there is still no way they are going to beat a healthy mavs team that is spending the second half of the season just fine tuning their machine. the spurs are putting a valient veteran effort to give the appearance that they are poised to make a run. but, unfortunately even if they are, it doesnt matter because the mavs are superior. the torch was passed last year. you now exist only as a stepping stone along the way. best case scenario you put up a good fight, the way a champion would and keep your dignity in defeat. i think you will, if you even make it to the wcf's. good luck. and if you do, get ready for your beatdown.

Let me guess, you pre-ordered your championship T last year after game 2 of the finals?

You do realize there are no "sure things" in sports (or much else for that matter). There are just too many variables. Some teams just never get there whether because of talent, injuries or circumstance. Surely a Mav fan should recognize this (or a Suns fan for that matter).

And by the way, finally beating the Spurs in a series last year doesn't guarantee a new era whereby they will be beaten for years to come. We got over the Laker hump in '03 only to suffer 0.4* the year after. Lineups change, chemistry changes, injuries happen.

I do think the Mavs should be favored this year but it still puzzles me that our games against them have been close this year, even given our poor play early in the season. They have not dominated us like our last nemesis, the Lakers.

I respect what the Mavs have accomplished this year and yes, a lot of indicators would say they are title bound but it would be foolish to count your proverbial chickens in the world of sport. I would have thought last year would have delivered that lesson.

Clutch20
03-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Mavs streak:

Spurs streak:

No, no no, don't you get it TwoHandJam, Dallas got coach, Dallas got style, Dallas got 110% killas that don't sleep, Dallas got game, fame, class and cash. Dallas got unity and depth ain't never seen this side of Waxahachie,
Dallas got tradition and deep, deep championship roots clear down to China, Dallas got mojo and they got well, they got dam near everything, so no one else stands a chance, cause the mighty green steamroller don't recognize no barriers, they run right over yo sorry ass, they rule. I know this because............. they told me so, I just thought I'd tell you so that you won't waste your time.
(sad thing is that most DalMav posters here can't or won't discern the mockery :spin)

angryllama
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
We have a different idea of where the finish line is than you do.

You sure do.

9 games back in the standings and out in the second round.

Sounds alot like your idea of the finish line last season.

mardigan
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
You sure do.

You do realize the Mavs have only beat us once in the playoffs right? Its not like you have some kind of history beating us yearly, but I guess there is nothing wrong with having WAY to much confidence in your team

mardigan
03-09-2007, 06:32 PM
You sure do.

And actually we are 8 games back, if your going to talk shit, at least know what you are talking about

RC's Boss
03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Seems like every Spurs fan thinks there's no way the Suns can beat the Spurs in the 2nd round. As a Mav fan, I'm scared of the Suns in any round.
B/c they play well against the Mavs as does Golden State. We are Suns Stoppers down in these parts potna. SA fears no run and gun teams. We shut that shit down like constipated bowel movements :smokin

ShoogarBear
03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
And actually we are 8 games back, if your going to talk shit, at least know what you are talking about:lmao This is Mav Fan you're talking to. Universally acknowledged as the stupidest in the league.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2007, 09:49 PM
:lmao This is Mav Fan you're talking to. Universally acknowledged as the stupidest in the league.

Oh really, according to who?

adrienne
03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Shoogar...like a knife to my heart.

Flight3107
03-10-2007, 03:28 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Ytpics/Thread%20rules%20sucks%20hijacks/make_stop.jpg

Trainwreck2100
03-10-2007, 03:33 AM
really tripod?

phyzik
03-10-2007, 04:01 AM
This thread is really

http://roberthawkins00.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lame.jpg

Fuck!! I hate being called out as a tripod!!!

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~suep/tom/PIX/your%20gay.JPG

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Even though this topic is border-line lame? The Dallas Maverick fans seem to have the better smack in my opinion.
I dunno, I think that *smack* on Adrienne's avatar beatsdown any other smack around this place.........

pimp my sig
03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
To bad she's been quoted numerous times on giving up on her team before the playoffs.

Mavschick
03-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I love both teams :dizzy so this thread makes me sad :cry...

SpursDynasty
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
My reason for disliking the Mavs is more because of their conduct in the playoffs last year. I can always respect a good team that goes all the way and proves themselves. Sure they've won the last 51 of 60 games (regular season), but what about the 4 games before that (the Finals) that really mattered? A team that wins 62+ games in the regular season, can easily lose 4 in a row in a tightened playoff situation if they lack the mental toughness needed in the postseason.

Dirk kicking the ball into the stands, saying that the Mavs "gave" the Heat the championship. Also, Jason Terry punching Finley. No explanation of Mark Cuban needed. We all probably hate Mark Cuban more than the Mavs themselves.

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Once the Mav's playoff history book begins to consist of more than a foreward and single-page table of contents, then we'll feel better about their misplaced enthusiasm resulting from stepping out of big brother's shadow for a few seconds, as basketball years go...................... :downspin:

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Once the Mav's playoff history book begins to consist of more than a foreward and single-page table of contents, then we'll feel better about their misplaced enthusiasm resulting from stepping out of big brother's shadow for a few seconds, as basketball years go...................... :downspin:
Whoops..........this one's been up here for about 6 hours, what does that make me, the "Thread Killa?!!"
Smack is smack, sugar-coated and so overbloated, where's mabber when you need him?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-10-2007, 11:12 PM
My reason for disliking the Mavs is more because of their conduct in the playoffs last year. I can always respect a good team that goes all the way and proves themselves. Sure they've won the last 51 of 60 games (regular season), but what about the 4 games before that (the Finals) that really mattered? A team that wins 62+ games in the regular season, can easily lose 4 in a row in a tightened playoff situation if they lack the mental toughness needed in the postseason.

Dirk kicking the ball into the stands, saying that the Mavs "gave" the Heat the championship. Also, Jason Terry punching Finley. No explanation of Mark Cuban needed. We all probably hate Mark Cuban more than the Mavs themselves.

:depressed :depressed Hence the reason why I cant truly say that this team has overcome last years demons. May will be the month that we will all know if we can face the 06 finals demons and overcome it this time. Time will only tell.

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
:depressed :depressed Hence the reason why I cant truly say that this team has overcome last years demons. May will be the month that we will all know if we can face the 06 finals demons and overcome it this time. Time will only tell.
Well said and truly introspective, you can't begin to imagine the frozen sequence of "the foul" that remains imprinted onto my engrams forgiven only by the degree of self-sacrifice embodied by the player involved.

samikeyp
03-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Hence the reason why I cant truly say that this team has overcome last years demons. May will be the month that we will all know if we can face the 06 finals demons and overcome it this time. Time will only tell.

Good post and to Mav fans credit...while there were quite a bit who blamed the refs for their loss...there were more who said..."hey, we got beat, let's do better next year" and so far they have.

Kent_in_Atlanta
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM

Avery Johnson sets a great example for his players of how to behave in a rivalry. Unfortunately, his boss undermines that example.

Tbiggums
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Agreed...Spurs Fans we have to give this team its props. I love the Spurs but, this Dallas Teamis going to be a serious challenge to our team in the playoffs. Can we meet and beat the challenge that this team poses?..Sure we can...Dallas loves its team and San Antonio loves and knows its team. To me in my opinion Dallas has an unproven pedigree..that is they show all of the signs of a championship type team but has not proven that they are one...They have what it takes but like the argument I have had with other Maverick fans who claim that we just "dismiss" their current success out of jealousy...I think they dismiss the Spurs b/c of last years playoff series. I don't know about any of you but in spite of Tim and Ginobili being hobbled by injuries that they did not complain about. The Spurs kept it close. This year we are healthy..Knock on wood.....And I am anxious to see if the injuries were relevant as I think they were. Quickness can become a factor to defenders playing on one leg? It will be interesting to see in talent trumps experience in this years playoffs when healthy bodies compete???? Go Spurs! :clap

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
And actually we are 8 games back, if your going to talk shit, at least know what you are talking about

9 in the loss column ;)

ponky
03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Spurs will swim with the fishes come playoff time! - La famiglia Maverichi

(just thought spurs fans would like this pic)

http://www.celebamour.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/eva_longoria2.jpg

DarrinS
03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Just don't talk any smack about Dirk. He's a classy guy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/cns187/64396933.jpg

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Dirk is a class act, despite that lame picture...

If Dirk isn't, nobody is... :rolleyes

mardigan
03-12-2007, 05:55 PM
9 in the loss column ;)

Yea, 7 in the win column smart guy

mardigan
03-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I am done trying to bring up stats, rings, and any random stat people keep pulling out of there ass. The Mavs are a great team, and hopefully the Spurs can have a chance to beat them this year, it will be hard, but I will just keep on hoping for the best.

FlyHigh07
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Haha Good Luck.

FlyHigh07
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
:flipoff :flipoff ;)

Fernando TD21
03-12-2007, 11:14 PM

Nice picture, but where are the fishes? :wtf :rolleyes :p:

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Yea, 7 in the win column smart guy

Ok...

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Mavs want a championship but can't even beat GS once in a season LOL

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Dolphis are mammals

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM

It's a little harder than beating Charlotte in San An.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 01:32 PM

Not his boyfriend........

An employee if you will. He's Dirk's Royal Bather.........

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM

So in the Spurs 3 championship seasons they never went 0-2 against a bubble playoff team? I didn't realize this requirement was there to win a title...I guess the Mavs ARE screwed...I'm done watching... :cry

mardigan
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Yea, that was a pretty bad argument

monosylab1k
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
It's a little harder than beating Charlotte in San An.

regular season losses don't matter when you have three rings.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 01:55 PM
So in the Spurs 3 championship seasons they never went 0-2 against a bubble playoff team? I didn't realize this requirement was there to win a title...I guess the Mavs ARE screwed...I'm done watching... :cry

Yea, that was a pretty bad argument

This MIGHT matter if they meet in the first round.......

It a specious argument otherwise.

I will, however point out that there are certain teams which match up favorably against others despite thier records. The old Miami and New York series come to mind here........

So don't completely discount this as trash.