PDA

View Full Version : Caption This

Flight3107
03-08-2007, 02:41 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070308/capt.mamd11003080352.rockets_celtics_basketball_ma md110.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2007, 03:40 AM
yao: now how did dwight do the kiss the rim dunk...

Chris
03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Hae-do-ken!

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070308/capt.mamd11003080352.rockets_celtics_basketball_ma md110.jpg

Yao is inspired by the seals at Sea World.

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
"I'm a big fuckin' Chinese guy and a basketball is coming right at my face, I better close my eyes and blow that thing the FUCK OUTTA THE WAY!"

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Several months after the incident, Yao finally coughs up the basketball that Nate Robinson blocked back down his throat.

DarkReign
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Several months after the incident, Yao finally coughs up the basketball that Nate Robinson blocked back down his throat.

:lmao

"Yao with a header into the corner!.......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLLLLLL!"

Ole! Ole Ole Ole! Oooole, Oooole!

pussyface
03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
everytime a read one of these caption threads, i end up thinking less of all the posters for their incredibly lame punchlines.

seriously, there are a lot of clunkers in here and elsewhere. i have yet to crack a smile at anyone's responses, and the exercise itself is very juvenile/SI for Kids unless yr actually funny.

does anyone agree with me on this, or i'm just a prick?

sandman
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Ummm...

i'm just a prick?

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
everytime a read one of these caption threads, i end up thinking less of all the posters for their incredibly lame punchlines.

seriously, there are a lot of clunkers in here and elsewhere. i have yet to crack a smile at anyone's responses, and the exercise itself is very juvenile/SI for Kids unless yr actually funny.

step back guys, the King Of Comedy is here to set us all straight! show us how it's done, brotha!

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM

No, you're a douche. Get it straight.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Then dont read the threads dipshit, why dont you go back to watching the Carlos Mencia show so you can get some good laughs

cornbread
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM

The sheriff of Spurs Talk is back in the house. Be on your best behavior or Pussypants will make an example of you!

big3bigD
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM

:toast awsome...

Ronaldo McDonald
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Yao Ming Blows a kiss to his mom and dad sitting in the stands.

Do they still even attend his games?

Texas_Ranger
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Yao you are not a soccer player!

pussyface
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
hehe...i really started a shit storm here.

as to being a doush bag or a prick, thats true. seld admitted I guess. but lets move on.

nobody else is going to agree with me that responses such as "im a big chinese man..." and "yao ming is training at sea world" etc are nauseatingly unfunny and make you think less of the poster who came up with that shit?

im not saying im the comedy king, that ain't my point. the point is I wouldn't attempt to be funny when I don't have something remotely humorous to say.

i honestly am embaressed for some of you guys given the quality of your "punchlines." they recall the sort of writing that would have appeared on "the magic hour," except maybe even a little worse. i honestly just can't imagine anyone finding these responses funny, and its hard for me to believe that no one else feels this way (as is apparently the case.)

so thats it...thats my peice.
...let the hilarity ensue!
keep em coming you young lenny bruces, and all you future george carlins out there.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 05:50 PM

this was the closest anyone came to being funny/worth reading.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Then dont read the threads dipshit, why dont you go back to watching the Carlos Mencia show so you can get some good laughs

do you honestly think that the level of humor expressed on this thread is not mencia-esque if not even worse?

i'd like to hear you make the case that caption-humor (as presented herein) operates on some kind of a higher/more relavant/subversive level than that awful tv show. both are obvious examples of embarassingly shitty humor on public display.

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
nobody else is going to agree with me that responses such as "im a big chinese man..." and "yao ming is training at sea world" etc are nauseatingly unfunny and make you think less of the poster who came up with that shit?

Not really, but I will think less of a poster who feels the need to write some long-winded diatribe about how unfunny people are regarding some BS forum thread that nobody gave much of a shit about to begin with.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Not really, but I will think less of a poster who feels the need to write some long-winded diatribe about how unfunny people are regarding some BS forum thread that nobody gave much of a shit about to begin with.

hey...sorry...look man, when someone puts themselves out there and takes a swing at being funny, they are subject to judgments and criticisms in my view.

maybe you are funny enough to become a writer on "last call with carson daily" or something though my fault.

on an unrelated note, I love the Departed as much as the next person if not more, but its still no excuse for a "heterosexual" male to post pictures of leonardo dicaprio all over the internet.
...nothing against the gays mind you, but its more than a little bit questionable, yes yes?

mardigan
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
do you honestly think that the level of humor expressed on this thread is not mencia-esque if not even worse?

i'd like to hear you make the case that caption-humor (as presented herein) operates on some kind of a higher/more relavant/subversive level than that awful tv show. both are obvious examples of embarassingly shitty humor on public display.

Well then why dont you bring some humor to the thread then instead of trying to bring other people down?

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
hey...sorry...look man, when someone puts themselves out there and takes a swing at being funny, they are subject to judgments and criticisms in my view.

nothin wrong with that at all. the fact that you felt the need to post an 18 paragraph dissertation about it was a bit much.

it was a picture of yao with a basketball going at his face. what the fuck were you expecting?

on an unrelated note, I love the Departed as much as the next person if not more, but its still no excuse for a "heterosexual" male to post pictures of leonardo dicaprio all over the internet.

So having a picture of an actor on a message board is gay to you? gay in the homosexual, "two guys buttfucking" sense of the word?

If so, then you've got some serious issues and insecurities about your own sexuality. I hope you figure it out.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Well then why dont you bring some humor to the thread then instead of trying to bring other people down?

its not that i'm a great comic, its just that i know shitty humor when i see it.

think of me as like a poor man's roger ebert if you will. ebert may not be able to create a masterpeice himself, but he can certainly deconstruct someone else's work with the skill and precision of a surgeon. ya know?

mardigan
03-08-2007, 06:15 PM
So having a picture of an actor on a message board is gay to you? gay in the homosexual, "two guys buttfucking" sense of the word?

If so, then you've got some serious issues and insecurities about your own sexuality. I hope you figure it out.

Gross....

pussyface
03-08-2007, 06:18 PM

"an actor"? sure, there is no argument there.
but come on, how bout someone with some balls? give me a fucking bobby deniro or a brando or some shit ya know? if yr gonna go Departed, its gotta be jack right?

whatever happened to guys being cool? prettyboy "leo" certainly ain't it.

i would estimate that you could classiffy at least 95% of people who go around posting leonardo dicaprio's picture all over the internet as love-struck school girls or homosexual gentlemen.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
"an actor"? sure, there is no argument there.
but come on, how bout someone with some balls? give me a fucking bobby deniro or a brando or some shit ya know? if yr gonna go Departed, its gotta be jack right?

whatever happened to guys being cool? prettyboy "leo" certainly ain't it.

i would estimate that you could classiffy at least 95% of people who go around posting leonardo dicaprio's picture all over the internet as love-struck school girls or homosexual gentlemen.

Dude in his defense, Leo is pretty fucking tough in that movie, maybe not Taxi Driver tough, but Leo kicks ass in that movie. Then again, I dont know if this even needs to be defended

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
how bout someone with some balls?

I would say that Dicaprio's performance had more "balls" than anybody else's in the film.

if yr gonna go Departed, its gotta be jack right?

His performance was the worst and most caricature in the movie. Not that he did a bad job. Just that everyone else brought their A-game, and Jack decided to be the Joker again.

then I guess i'm in the 5%. but seriously, if you think posting a leonardo dicaprio picture makes you gay, you've got serious issues with your own sexuality.

I know i'm not gay. I know that nothing I do will ever turn me gay. A truly heterosexual man could post a picture of leo, could talk to a gay guy, could sleep in the same bed as a gay guy, and none of that will ever turn him gay because he's not gay and never will be.

Someone who is so insecure with his own sexuality that he FEARS becoming gay is the one that thinks something as meaningless as putting a picture of Leonardo Dicaprio as his avatar will somehow offer some insight as to whether a man is gay or not.

Hope you get those issues resolved.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 06:41 PM
although i agree with you in yr assesment of the departed, it'll never be cool to avatar it up with leo in a heterosexual male context. jack is quintessentially cool where dicaprio is fundamentally a hollywood thespian pussy.
lets not neglect back catalogue here altogether...jack's legacy is easy rider. leo's is titanic, ya know?
its a stark contrast indeed.

monosylab1k
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
although i agree with you in yr assesment of the departed, it'll never be cool to avatar it up with leo in a heterosexual male context. jack is quintessentially cool where dicaprio is fundamentally a hollywood thespian pussy.
lets not neglect back catalogue here altogether...jack's legacy is easy rider. leo's is titanic, ya know?
its a stark contrast indeed.

say what you will...to say that leo's legacy is titanic is pretty ridiculous, but whatever. i guess he'll never live that one down.

funny that you compared yourself to roger ebert, seeing as how he's the carlos mencia of movie critics.

pussyface
03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
funny that you compared yourself to roger ebert, seeing as how he's the carlos mencia of movie critics.

i vehemently disagree with you on this one. ebert is the greatest contribitor to film criticism that we have.

although you won't always agree with him, when you read his reviews you will always understand where he is coming from and how he arrived at his opinion.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM

This isn't a stand up act. We are just having fun; and BTW humor is subjective, so quit acting like you hold a universally accepted opinion.

I thought Spurs fan in exile had a funny one; it cracked me up. And so what if it didn't, or anyones for that matter.

Roxsfan
03-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Yao: "I am going to jump up here and close my eyes next to this tiny basketball so that this pic can be uploaded to a message-board and people can have their caption contest and pussy face and dicaprio avatar guy can argue about whether or not the responses are lame and if it is ok for pussy face to look down on the poster and ohh also that pussyface and dicaprio-boy can argue about which one is a more of a pole-polisher and hopefully nobody notices that I look like I have an erection which has actually been mentioned on clutchfansroxs website and somebody there had a caption contest and said that I had a boner and this is the longest run on quote in the world and this is not funny and whomever read all this bullshiiit is an idiot. Yes You. Even the scan readers." :depressed :blah :oops :rolleyes :spin :dramaquee :p: :elephant :king :fro :donkey :smokin :drunk :hat :wakeup :pctoss :dizzy :) :