PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin a serious candidate for the ballot

trueD
03-08-2007, 10:01 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61838

stretch
03-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Kevin Martin is a really good player. He's similar to Parker, but better in just about every way. Hes a very good shooter, penetrator, finisher, shoots high percentages, and is a decent defender. he also has the lightning speed.

z0sa
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
parker >>> kevin martin.

not that i wouldnt want him on my team though.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Watching how hard Bruce had to work last night, I had NO idea how fast this guy, he's lightening quick.

big3bigD
03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
parker >>> kevin martin.

not that i wouldnt want him on my team though.

What do you like better about Parker other than the fact that he has been on a couple of Spurs teams that have won rings? IMO Martin is a MUCH better all around player and could handle any of the duties that Parker currently employs. Martin is not really a 1, but Parker isn't exactly known for his passing either...

MrChug
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
What do you like better about Parker other than the fact that he has been on a couple of Spurs teams that have won rings? IMO Martin is a MUCH better all around player and could handle any of the duties that Parker currently employs. Martin is not really a 1, but Parker isn't exactly known for his passing either...

Wow...that was pretty ignorant. Have you ever even played basketball (on a court)?

big3bigD
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow...that was pretty ignorant. Have you ever even played basketball (on a court)?

:wtf care to expand on that profound statement at all? it seems clear to me that you have neither played any ball on a court nor have you watched much in person or on the tele.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
:wtf care to expand on that profound statement at all? it seems clear to me that you have neither played any ball on a court nor have you watched much in person or on the tele.

Yes moron...I will.

If you're insinuation is that Kevin Martin would make a better point guard than Tony Parker, please enlighten me as to how his zero assists and four turnovers last night prove that? :lmao :lmao

I was a shooting guard in HS and college, and know that no matter how good a ball handler I was, the even though I av'gd more assists than the PG, I was NOT the primary ball handler and distributor..it wansn't my ROLE on the team. My job was to score. I was no point guard...Kevin Martin is no point guard, even though he's on the "tele". :donkey

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
whats pretty ignorant is you judging him off of 1 game

MrChug
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
whats pretty ignorant is you judging him off of 1 game

Oh, you're right...I should judge him off his entire career: Let's see...177 games. 1.4 apg and 1.2 turnovers per game. Yes...you're right, he WOULD make a great point guard.

BTFW, those numbers have SKYROCKETED to 2.2 apg, and 1.7 turnovers per game. STFU and stick to losing your own arguments.

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh, you're right...I should judge him off his entire career: Let's see...177 games. 1.4 apg and 1.2 turnovers per game. Yes...you're right, he WOULD make a great point guard.

BTFW, those numbers have SKYROCKETED to 2.2 apg, and 1.7 turnovers per game. STFU and stick to losing your own arguments.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point..........

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1773/tpsucksfatcockz0row7.png

ShackO
03-09-2007, 04:28 PM
HAhaahahheeeee...............lol

Fillmoe now that was cold............ LMAO

I guess that should end that argument...............lol

Parker is a PG & Martin aint so what is their point..............????

His TO's have gone up....... He is playing & handling the ball more...... It is only natural........ I believe his steals are way up also.............:clap

Look who he has to assist...........!!!! We want him shooting not assisting....

MrChug
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Fillmoe]hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point..........

Man, I've read your shit and you must be either half way retarded...or Mouse. I don't know which is worse. Good job humiliating yourself.

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=Fillmoe]hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point..........

Man, I've read your shit and you must be either half way retarded...or Mouse. I don't know which is worse. Good job humiliating yourself.

you know you have made a valid point when the person you are arguing with changes the topic...... YOU LOSE AGAIN FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loveThe23
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
you know you have made a valid point when the person you are arguing with changes the topic...... YOU LOSE AGAIN FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao

ponky
03-09-2007, 06:04 PM
lol at the tony parker photoshopped stat card

mardigan
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Arguing about different positions doesnt make any sense to me. Tony is a better point than Martin, Martin is a better shooting guard than Tony

diego
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
assist to turnover ratio, fillmoe. parker is near 2, martin is near 1. thats the difference (and if martin played pg id probably be less than 1, while if parker played sg it would probably be more than 2)

besides, martin is a sg and parker is a pg. dumb ass mavs fan is who started the faulty comparison.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 06:34 PM
assist to turnover ratio, fillmoe. parker is near 2, martin is near 1. thats the difference (and if martin played pg id probably be less than 1, while if parker played sg it would probably be more than 2)

besides, martin is a sg and parker is a pg. dumb ass mavs fan is who started the faulty comparison.

Dude, what you'll figure about shortbus over here is that you CAN NOT try to use logic to kill an argument. When they spend 20 out of the 24 hours high, they don't know how to SPELL motherfucking l-o-g-i-c. But good try though...

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
at the end of the day we can all agree that mavs fans lost......

now lets all get back to the topic at hand...... martin will be an all start next year :)

mardigan
03-09-2007, 06:51 PM

now lets all get back to the topic at hand...... martin will be an all start next year :)
He should have been this year

ponky
03-09-2007, 07:54 PM

and you were dumb enough to follow him...along with dumbass spurs fan...way to follow THE LEADER!

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
ponky remove your lips from my penis please

big3bigD
03-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes moron...I will.

If you're insinuation is that Kevin Martin would make a better point guard than Tony Parker, please enlighten me as to how his zero assists and four turnovers last night prove that? :lmao :lmao

I was a shooting guard in HS and college, and know that no matter how good a ball handler I was, the even though I av'gd more assists than the PG, I was NOT the primary ball handler and distributor..it wansn't my ROLE on the team. My job was to score. I was no point guard...Kevin Martin is no point guard, even though he's on the "tele". :donkey

Sure dumbass... If I had even a nickel for every ass hole that has claimed to be a college player over the internet... :lol :rolleyes

I played high school and AAU ball, but neither one of those means anything when discussing the NBA. Get over yourself. There a a million assholes with your limited level of experience...

I never said that Maritn was a better 1, I said that he is a better player... Also, I'm not sure what him being on TV has to do with weather or not Martin is a 1 or a 2, please try to at least type coherent thought. You should read posts before you respond lest you continue to look like an idiot.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 11:56 PM
...and could handle any of the duties that Parker currently employs.

Way to backtrack pussy. Be a man and admit that you said that he could do what Tony does and is a better player.

Tony=Point Guard. Martin=Shooting Guard. You=Babyof a crack whore

big3bigD
03-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Way to backtrack pussy. Be a man and admit that you said that he could do what Tony does and is a better player.

Tony=Point Guard. Martin=Shooting Guard. You=Babyof a crack whore

:lol re-read my post idiot. If your dumb ass could read, you would see that I very clearly stated that Martin is not a 1. You with your inifinite ammount of college and high school experience should know that a 1 is a point gaurd.

you= wannna be internet thug with no real intelligent point.

learn to read. try to develop that mind a bit. you just look like a moron starting up useless arguments and spouting off obscenities. clown.

big3bigD
03-10-2007, 01:01 AM

at the end of the day, and the season, we can all agree that the Mavs team won! 16 in a row so far! :toast

trueD
03-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Kevin doesn't play the 1 but can bring the ball up the court and isn't liable to lose the ball to a defender. Because Bibby is "the man", Kevin doesn't initiate plays. It doesn't mean he can't or won't in the future, however.