PDA

View Full Version : Bills trade McGahee to Ravens.

samikeyp
03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831)

The Ravens and Bills agreed to a trade Thursday that will send running back Willis McGahee to Baltimore in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in this year's draft, along with the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008, league sources tell ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM
You beat me to it you sonofabitch

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Good move, he is basically a younger faster Lewis, makes me wonder where Chris Brown is going to end up now

Two 3rds and 7th is a steal for this guy

Vizzini
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
great trade for B'more! Buffalo got the short end of this trade. Guys who can put up 1400 yards and 10td's don't grow on trees. I guess McGahee relationship with the team and the city of Buffalo grew sour, so I can understand why they would trade and only take $.50 on the $1.00 in return.

yavozerb
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
If he can stay healthy it is a good deal for the ravens. Mardigan, i am truly dissappointed you did not start this thread. Your getting old and a step slower, hopefully your best years of posting threads are not behind you.

mardigan
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
If he can stay healthy it is a good deal for the ravens. Mardigan, i am truly dissappointed you did not start this thread. Your getting old and a step slower, hopefully your best years of posting threads are not behind you.

I couldnt find my reading spectacles, then I tripped over my cat while trying to water my potato garden......what time does Matlock come on?

mardigan
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
McGahee traded to Ravens for multiple picksBy Michael Smith
ESPN.com

The Ravens and Bills agreed to a trade Thursday that will send running back Willis McGahee to Baltimore in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in this year's draft, along with the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008.

Jeremy Green's take
The Ravens reacted quickly to the loss of Jamal Lewis to Cleveland by trading for Buffalo's Willis McGahee, a running back with a lot more versatility than Lewis. McGahee can run inside and outside, is a lot quicker to the hole and can make people miss. It's a huge upgrade for the Ravens, because Lewis was basically a three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust runner at this point. He was a sitting duck for tacklers, while McGahee is much more of a moving target.

Baltimore announced the deal Thursday afternoon.

Buffalo dealt McGahee in anticipation of difficulty with his contract, which has one season remaining at $2.155 million. The Ravens and McGahee have already begun negotiations on a contract extension, McGahee's agent Drew Rosenhaus said.

It's the second year in a row the Ravens pulled off a trade for a marquee veteran. Last year they dealt for Tennessee Titans quarteback Steve McNair, who led the Ravens to the AFC North title.

The Titans were also reportedly interested in dealing for McGahee.

The Bills, whose remaining running backs are Daimon Shelton and Shaud Williams, are now in the market for multiple backs. They have shown interest in the Colts' Dominic Rhodes and the Titans' Chris Brown, and both have visited the team. Former Patriots running back Corey Dillon has not visited Orchard Park, but the Bills are said to be interested.

Buffalo's first-round pick out of Miami in 2003, McGahee is coming off a down season in which he finished with a career-low 990 yards rushing, but led the team with six rushing touchdowns in 14 starts.

In 2005, he had 1,247 yards rushing and five touchdowns in 15 starts. He established himself as the Bills starter in 2004 with 1,128 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns in 11 starts. That performance led the team to trade former starter Travis Henry to Tennessee the following summer.

McGahee sat out his rookie season recovering from major knee surgery.

The Bills have been disappointed in McGahee for conducting most of his offseason workouts in his native Miami, rather than traveling to the team's Orchard Park headquarters. McGahee also created a stir when he was quoted in a magazine article suggesting the NFL consider moving the Bills to Toronto, a comment he later said was taken out of context.

ESPN.com senior writer Len Pasquarelli and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Inigo Montoya
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
the bills are retarded for making a conference contender even stronger

Inigo Montoya
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
great trade for B'more! Buffalo got the short end of this trade. Guys who can put up 1400 yards and 10td's don't grow on trees. I guess McGahee relationship with the team and the city of Buffalo grew sour, so I can understand why they would trade and only take $.50 on the $1.00 in return.
that word, i still dont think you know what it means

Slinkyman
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM

when has McGahee rushed for 1400 yards? His best season was 1247 while last year he failed to hit 1000 yards for the season. His career yards per carry of 3.9 is also outstanding :rolleyes McGahee is one of the most overrated RBs in the league.

Vizzini
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
when has McGahee rushed for 1400 yards? His best season was 1247 while last year he failed to hit 1000 yards for the season. His career yards per carry of 3.9 is also outstanding :rolleyes McGahee is one of the most overrated RBs in the league.

My point was that he CAN put up those kind of #'s, he is more than capble of a 1400 yard season w/ 10 td's. McGahee might be overrated, but I think we will now see how good he is playing with a quality qb and offensive line. All we need to know about the state of the Buffalo Bills offensive line in the past few seasons is that they signed Derrick frickin' Dockery to a 7 year 49 million dollar contract. Since when in hell did Dockery merit getting paid like Steve Hutchinson? They vastly overpaid b/c their O-line sucks, and that goes a long way to McGahee's #'s.

AFBlue
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Imagine McGahee running behind Jonathan Ogden. This is BIG for the Ravens.

AFBlue
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Saw this update....he also got a long-term deal that will make him a top 5 paid RB. That creates lofty expectations...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

Hours after the trade was announced Thursday afternoon, ESPN.com learned McGahee will sign a new seven-year contract with Baltimore, the last two seasons of which are options years, that can be worth a total of $40.12 million. In terms of so-called "new money," the contract places McGahee among the NFL's five highest-paid running backs.

McGahee will receive an initial signing bonus of $7.5 million and subsequent option bonuses of $6 million after the 2007 season and $1.5 million following the 2008 season, for a total of $15 million. The base salaries are $595,000 (2007), $605,000 ('08), $620,000 ('09), $3.6 million ('10), $6 million ('11), $6.5 million ('12) and $7.2 million ('13).

Even without the option years at the end of the contract, the deal is worth $26.42 million over five years.

Fillmoe
03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
lol @ the bills being so fucking stupid.... the best they could do was 2 third round picks and a 7th for mcgahee...... you gotta be kidding me

Pugglekicker_21
03-08-2007, 08:17 PM
The Bills need Marshawn Lynch, a replacement for Nate Clements (Leon Hall) or a lineman (Levi Brown). Any way you cut it, the Bills are fucked, and they cant hope to fill all their needs adequetly in the draft, and I say take a CB because now that Clements is gone, thy have to fix that part of their defense, which is more crippled than their O, which has lost only Moulds last year, who was replaced by Evans, and this year McGahee, who could be replaced by Lynch. But they should focus on the D since they also lost Fletcher.