PDA

View Full Version : At What Level Will Dwyane Wade Return?

MrChug
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
How "alright" will D-Wade be when he returns for the playoffs?

100%?
50%?

Will he re-injure himself? The answer could significantly affect the 2007 championship landscape...

monosylab1k
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
If he's alright enough to shoot free throws, then that's pretty much 100% for him.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
If he's alright enough to shoot free throws, then that's pretty much 100% for him.

Okay...now THAT was funny. :toast

z0sa
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
What Dwyane Wade needs to be 100% is an offseason of rest.

mabber
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
How "alright" will D-Wade be when he returns for the playoffs?

100%?
50%?

Will he re-injure himself? The answer could significantly affect the 2007 championship landscape...

If he comes back at 80% or more than I can easily see the Heat in the finals again (assuming Shaq stays healthy which I'm not sure he can since he's being asked to be the man now).

big3bigD
03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
If he comes back at 80% or more than I can easily see the Heat in the finals again (assuming Shaq stays healthy which I'm not sure he can since he's being asked to be the man now).

I sure hope so. A Dallas / Miami rematch would be just excellent (for Mavs fans at least). :toast

mabber
03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I sure hope so. A Dallas / Miami rematch would be just excellent (for Mavs fans at least). :toast

That's what I want. I want some payback.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Another loss to Miami would be so painful. Nothing worse than losing to that team. I hope Miami loses to Detroit because if they gain confidence they are scarier than any other team because they are the only team with 2 superstars.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Another loss to Miami would be so painful. Nothing worse than losing to that team. I hope Miami loses to Detroit because if they gain confidence they are scarier than any other team because they are the only team with 2 superstars.

I disagree...I think you could swallow another loss to the Heat smoother than a loss to the Spurs this year. I don't know too many Mavs fans I know that would disagree with me.

Islymore
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I disagree...I think you could swallow another loss to the Heat smoother than a loss to the Spurs this year. I don't know too many Mavs fans I know that would disagree with me.

I completely agree with that thot... If we lost to the Spurs this playoff run... I think then I would be hurtin'...

big3bigD
03-09-2007, 01:49 PM

WOW. That was extremely ignorant. Have you ever even seen an NBA game, much less a series?? Why would a WCSF or WCF loss be more painful than another loss in the Finals? You give the Spurs far too much credit. The Heat knocked the Mavs out of the Finals lasr season, and the Spurs lost to the Mavs. There is much more animosity toward the Heat right now from Mavs fans. Especially with the recent DWade/Shaq big mouth episode.

mabber
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM

I could handle a loss to the Spurs in the WCFs much better than I could to the Heat in the finals again. Maybe I'm in the minority though.

Islymore
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
^thass only if the HEAT will be in the Finals... I took it to mean, losing the series to the Spurs... rather than a game or two...

mj-23
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=big3bigD]I sure hope so. A Dallas / Miami rematch would be just excellent (for Mavs fans at least). :toast[/QUOTw

whatever who is the one with the ring on thier finger

mavsfan1000
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=big3bigD]I sure hope so. A Dallas / Miami rematch would be just excellent (for Mavs fans at least). :toast[/QUOTw

Unless you are on the heat team you are ringless. Funny how people act like they were part of the accomplishments of their team.

Islymore
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM

funny how... this comment didnt have anything to do with the person's statement too. and then its a wonder why trolls are so disliked? how does the whole "ring" comment have anything to do with him/her sayin the MAV/HEAT rematch would be excellent?

mavsfan1000
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
mj-23=P-O-Z

Bob Lanier
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Floor level.

kingsfan
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Heat are playing damn good ball without him, if he even comes back 80% they stand a great shot. They know how to crank it up when it matters.

monosylab1k
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM

A loss to the Spurs would hurt less only because losing to the Spurs wouldn't be a shock. It would still suck, but every Mavs fan fears the Spurs alot more than they fear the Heat. A loss to the Heat would be a total shock and heartbreaker because we're definitely better than them.

MrChug
03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
A loss to the Spurs would hurt less only because losing to the Spurs wouldn't be a shock. It would still suck, but every Mavs fan fears the Spurs alot more than they fear the Heat. A loss to the Heat would be a total shock and heartbreaker because we're definitely better than them.

I've said a million times that very sentiment, so I agree with you. VERY MUCH. There's no WAY the Heat were a better team, and that's why I was shocked personally.

The concensus from the people that I know that are diehard fans of the Mavs is that they consider the Spurs a true "rival" in every sense of the word. And they feel disappointment in the Finals loss, but not a true sense of anger AT THE HEAT. Is that really far off?

monosylab1k
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I've said a million times that very sentiment, so I agree with you. VERY MUCH. There's no WAY the Heat were a better team, and that's why I was shocked personally.

The concensus from the people that I know that are diehard fans of the Mavs is that they consider the Spurs a true "rival" in every sense of the word. And they feel disappointment in the Finals loss, but not a true sense of anger AT THE HEAT. Is that really far off?

Yeah I'd say that's accurate. Any other year, losing to the Spurs would hurt alot more because of the rivalry. But with everything that happened last season against the Heat, it would be a total killer to choke and lose to them again.

mabber
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM

I agree...I'd be really pissed off if the Mavs lost to the Heat again. I'd be disappointed in losing to the Spurs but could handle it much better as I know the Mavs & Spurs are fairly equal.

ShackO
03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
A lot of talk about the MavZ loZing.............. I would think no one, including the heat or Spurs would want to go up against them.............

SO I guess loZing against the Kings (assuming they get in) in the first round wouldn't be all that bad............ Hey I am on board 4 that........lol

ponky
03-09-2007, 05:51 PM

:lmao

ponky
03-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I could handle a loss to the Spurs in the WCFs much better than I could to the Heat in the finals again. Maybe I'm in the minority though.

me too...while i absolutely abhor everything spurs-related for the sake of having fun against a rival, i respect the ball club and most of the team with the exception of one guy and i wouldn't have as much of a problem with them beating us than the heat. that said, the pistons will want some payback from the heat as well, so we may have to stand in line and there's no guarantee of bread

Fillmoe
03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
funny how... this comment didnt have anything to do with the person's statement too. and then its a wonder why trolls are so disliked? how does the whole "ring" comment have anything to do with him/her sayin the MAV/HEAT rematch would be excellent?

you need to post more......

MrChug
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
you need to post more......

Why? So he can have over 5000 worthless posts like yours that leave us rolling our eyes or thinking "Awwwww...he's short bus, I can't get mad".

mabber
03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Why? So he can have over 5000 worthless posts like yours that leave us rolling our eyes or thinking "Awwwww...he's short bus, I can't get mad".

Exactly what I was thinking :lol

Amare_32
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Who cares?

nkdlunch
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
next time he bruises something, Heat will have to tear the roof of the arena so Wade can be airlifted

Leetonidas
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
me too...while i absolutely abhor everything spurs-related for the sake of having fun against a rival, i respect the ball club and most of the team with the exception of one guy and i wouldn't have as much of a problem with them beating us than the heat. that said, the pistons will want some payback from the heat as well, so we may have to stand in line and there's no guarantee of bread
Who is the one guy?

fitzgerald
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
next time he bruises something, Heat will have to tear the roof of the arena so Wade can be airlifted

:lol

Wade will never live that injury down. You have got to believe the boys kid him about it for now on.

ponky
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Who is the one guy?

bowen. he's good defender but imo, he crosses the line at times and the main problem is when he gets this f*cked up look on his face when he gets called for a foul. i know other ballers (even on my team) do this but the look on his face just makes me wanna smack him.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 10:33 AM
but the look on his face just makes me wanna smack him.

I know what you mean. Stackhouse's retarded look makes me want to hit him with a fire extinguisher.

mabber
03-13-2007, 11:13 AM

:lol