PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest as a 2007-8 Spur?

Fabbs
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Properly medicated?
Or, "honeymooner period" before meltdown, altho a half season "honeymooner" would be much more realistic, ie last season with the Kings. And we would want that to be the latter half, not the 1st half.

I'm guessing the Kings will want him to stay on the roster if for nothing else so they can get return for him in a trade. As opposed to outright cut.

I had in mind picking him up for zippo, after he was potentially cut from the Kings. No trade.

AFBlue
03-09-2007, 12:23 PM
No way the organization touches this guy. He's a nightmare off the court...

I'd take Stephen Jackson's gun-toting ass before Artest. Dude is not worth the risk.

Fabbs
03-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Dollar for dollar would the risk/contribution ratio be anymore then Fabs Oberto and Finley?

Ocotillo
03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
He will meltdown the next place he goes and the Spurs know that and that is why he won't be melting down here in 07/08.

T Park
03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
so oberto and finley are slapping around their wives and starving their pets?

Get a fucking clue.

The guy is a shit person period.

You don't want shit people on your damn team.

J.T.
03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
FUCK NO

sabar
03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
No way we get Artest. The only good situation is where you have him for a half year and then waive or trade him before he melts down.

Fabbs
03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
so oberto and finley are slapping around their wives and starving their pets?
Finley would miss the slap attempts.
Fabs kept trying to miss the dog piles in the backyard but he couldn't jump high enough to get over them.

It's just a question, Pork.
Last half of 2006 he did just fine for the Kings.

Thus i started off with "properly medicated" and as a FA for 900K with plenty of cut provisions in the contract. Minimilize any potential damage.
Myself, the 2nd half of the year plan is the only one worth considering.

AFBlue
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
rodman did this shit off the court as well
but at least he gave you 16 reboards a game and D that was tops in the league

artest? not so much

Rodman was not a criminal off the court. He was a flamboyant, cross-dressing freakshow. A publicists dream and simultanous nightmare. Rodman was alot of things, but he was not a criminal.

foodie2
03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Dollar for dollar would the risk/contribution ratio be anymore then Fabs Oberto and Finley?

The risk is to the chemistry of the team, not so much the points and rebounds.

Just say no.

Cherry
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Fabs kept trying to miss the dog piles in the backyard but he couldn't jump high enough to get over them.

Do you need medication too? GET A CLUE!

duncan228
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
He's proven himself to be bad news off the court. He doesn't do enough on the court to outwiegh that. (I don't know if anything can outweigh domestic violence). I can't imagine that he could fit in the Spurs locker room. The Spurs have never been known for ego, to me they are the definition of "team". If a player can't offer the team chemistry on and off the court he can't play for the Spurs.

Bartzini
03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
reboards?

:clap

T Park
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM

It's just a question, Pork.
Last half of 2006 he did just fine for the Kings.

Thus i started off with "properly medicated" and as a FA for 900K with plenty of cut provisions in the contract. Minimilize any potential damage.
Myself, the 2nd half of the year plan is the only one worth considering

your finley comments are pathetic and uncalled for.

the rest of it is your same inane mindless drivel that you typically pontificate.

fucking ass.

bigfan
03-09-2007, 04:54 PM
No thanks, he has a great talent but will likely follow the Alvin Robertson route.

The Great Fantastic
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Fabbs, you are a fucking idiot.

lrrr
03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't compare psychologically ill people (who benefit from medication) to Ron Artest, it is an insult to those unfortunate people. The problem with Ron Artest is his CHARACTER, not some chemical imbalance in his brain.

SequSpur
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
FUCK NO

cheguevara
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
:lol

aaronstampler
03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
over my dead body.

cheguevara
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm in. If Spurs plane can accomodate a man-size cage like this:
http://mightypets.com/General-Cage/Star-Crate-Airplane.jpg

Fabbs
03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Don't compare psychologically ill people (who benefit from medication) to Ron Artest, it is an insult to those unfortunate people. The problem with Ron Artest is his CHARACTER, not some chemical imbalance in his brain.
Bipolar is believed by many to be treatable with amoung other things, medicines.
http://www.bipolar.com/treatment_options/treatment_options.html

kskonn
03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Bipolar is believed by many to be treatable with amoung other things, medicines.
http://www.bipolar.com/treatment_options/treatment_options.html

I think his point was that he has bad character, and bad character is not the same as Bipolar. bad Character is not treatable by medicine.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Why does anyone think he's bipolar?

Obstructed_View
03-09-2007, 05:55 PM
He's a scumbag. If the Spurs acquire Artest I'm becoming a Mavericks fan. If I have to root for thugs, I might as well root for Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse, since they're local.

loveThe23
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
you guys don't want him.... thats all. there won't be a team anymore

RC's Boss
03-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Shit, I'd take his crazy ass if I were Pop (didn't we almost get him b4 from Chicago?)! I'm sure Tony pimp slaps Eva every now and then when she gets out of line. I also heard thru the grapevine that Manu has 7 malnourished pit bulls that he keeps locked in a 4x6 kennel in his back yard. The shit just never made the news. And don't forget about Pop's "wine tasting" (drunken spells) causing pure havoc in school zones across the san Antonio metropolitan area :drunk

efrem1
03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
No way the organization touches this guy. He's a nightmare off the court...

I'd take Stephen Jackson's gun-toting ass before Artest. Dude is not worth the risk.

I concur. The last time we had something similar was when Dennis Rodman was around. Believe me folks, Artest ain't worth the trouble.

lrrr
03-10-2007, 12:05 AM
If Ron was bi-polar, no way would he be able to play ball when he is depressed, and when he was in a 'manic' phase, he would be happy and probably seem like a nice guy.

Ron Artest is NOT bipolar, it's just a word that is incorrectly thrown around sometimes. Bipolar is a genuine psychological disorder. Don't mistake being out of control with bi-polar disorder.

mikeanthony21
03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
and that makes it BETTER??? :smokin

Kent_in_Atlanta
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I remember once after an interview clip was played of Ron Artest apologizing to his team (then the Pacers), Sean Elliot said "I could close my eyes and swear I'm listening to Dennis Rodman.

If you'll remember, after the Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to Chicago for Will Purdue, Greg Popovich called it the "best trade in franchise history". I Don't think Pop's going to be up for a Rodman-like stroll down memory lane.

Pugglekicker_21
03-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I like the idea of him takin over for Bowen, but I dont like the idea of him bringing that Rodman bad boy aura here.

Don Quixote
03-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Shoot, living in New Orleans is already like watching BET 24-7.

If Artest became a Spur and turned our locker room into a rap video, I don't think I would like basketball anymore.

Don Quixote
03-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I concur. The last time we had something similar was when Dennis Rodman was around. Believe me folks, Artest ain't worth the trouble.

If Rodman doesn't quit on the '95 Spurs, we'd be up on Little Brother (Mavs Fan) 4 titles to none, instead of just 3-0.