PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Mavs Game Time Change

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 05:48 PM
The National Basketball Association announced that the San Antonio Spurs – Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, 2007 will now be played at 2:30 p.m. The game was previously scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. The game will still be broadcast nationally on ABC.

ducks
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
yes

Summers
03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Change of plans... my Mavs/Spurs luncheon at which I planned to pelt my misguided friends with pizza crusts is now a Mavs/Spurs tea. I suppose I can throw petite fours at them.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
too bad the game will be virtually meaningless

Dalhoop
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
It may be meaningless, but I think that both teams will want to win it none the less.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2007, 10:46 PM
too bad the game will be virtually meaninglessYou're out of your mind.

Amuseddaysleeper
It may be meaningless, but I think that both teams will want to win it none the less.

possibly but considering dallas will but have the #1 seed wrapped up i will be surprised if dirk even plays

if I'm AJ i rest the starters, give the scrubs ago and be done with it

why risk getting a starter injured over a game that won't really accomplish anything

much like the spurs-mavs game at the end of the season in 2003

TDMVPDPOY
Change of plans... my Mavs/Spurs luncheon at which I planned to pelt my misguided friends with pizza crusts is now a Mavs/Spurs tea. I suppose I can throw petite fours at them.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3784/gtgowloi6.gif

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2007, 10:49 PM
You're out of your mind.

why?

what do the teams really have to play for if the seedings are wrapped up by then?

if there is a game difference between spurs and suns then yes, there is something to play for, but considering it is one of the final games of the season i'm sure the spurs will have the #3 seed locked up.

the playoffs is when this matchup will matter

Summers
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Can someone explain the owl thing to me?

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
yes

I read Kori's post earlier this afternoon and typed up a mock response that I decided against posting. Sadly, my mock response (literally) was "Yes!!!"

It appears that ducks and I might actually be on the same wavelength.

Sigh.

There's a thought to make a staying-at-home Friday night all the more upbeat.

SilverPlayer
03-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Its an internet Cliche.

Check this site out (http://grampyshouse.net/cliches/index.htm) for a complete listing of internet cliches and their meanings. and this site (http://www.orlyowl.com/) has a list of o rly owl pictures.

O RLY Owl
The O RLY owl was a Snowy Owl named Jonathan that lived in the San Diego Zoo. The photo was taken by nature photographer John White and can be found in the Animal Pictures Archive. The surprised look on the owl's face is a bit humorous and has endeared it to a number of photoshopers. Jonathan died of pneumonia in 2006.

mikeanthony21
03-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Hey Dal, ya think the Mavs will be on a 32 game win streak by then? :drunk

RC's Boss
03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Cool, I should be good and drunk by then :drunk

Jimcs50
03-10-2007, 08:13 AM
The National Basketball Association announced that the San Antonio Spurs – Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, 2007 will now be played at 2:30 p.m. The game was previously scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. The game will still be broadcast nationally on ABC.

It will be bench vs bench, more than likely, as the game will hold no meaning unless Utah is still right behind us.

ducks
03-10-2007, 08:53 AM
I read Kori's post earlier this afternoon and typed up a mock response that I decided against posting. Sadly, my mock response (literally) was "Yes!!!"

It appears that ducks and I might actually be on the same wavelength.

Sigh.

There's a thought to make a staying-at-home Friday night all the more upbeat.
cool :smokin

LEONARD
03-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Good...the Mavs suck donkey balls in noon games...

Dalhoop
03-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey Dal, ya think the Mavs will be on a 32 game win streak by then?

Although I would like to answer "yes" to that one. the odds are somewhat against them :)

Don't get me wrong, if the streak gets past the next 5 games, it could go for some time. Honestly, there are not any games on the schedule that I would think of as a loss (I would think that Spurs fans are thinking the same thing)

But a loss will come from someplace ... Probably to Boston or some such team.

The game will not be "Last" of the season, There will be less important games to rest before the playoffs start. I don't think that either team will reveal any wrinkles for the game (read: "Elson will not play")

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Does anybody know of the network's reason for changing gametime?
Executive decision due to insertion of additional programing?
NBA-influenced lobbying based on garnering a larger audience at a later time?
Network decision based on recent wins relegating this once-epic convergence to a prudent showcase of lesser knowns?
Wow, am I obsessing now, how original?!

pimp my sig
03-10-2007, 11:29 AM
It has to do with global warming.

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 02:36 PM
It has to do with global warming.
Damn that Gore.

Darkwaters
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm with you on that one. :dizzy