PDA

View Full Version : Expect wade to.......

nsrammstein
03-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Expect wade to call out wilkings for this quote

"They're for real," Wilkins said. "And they've been there, so now they know what they have to do to get over the top. They gave it away last year. They handed it to Miami. And they know it.

JMarkJohns
03-09-2007, 10:15 PM
To be completely honest, I think it's possible to give a game or two away, but four? In a row? As a fan, I've never understood the whole "We gave it away" excuse. Wouldn't you rather say a team beat you than say your team sucked it up four straight games to hand over a Title? If they beat your best, then there's little shame in that. Frustration, sure, but not shame.

As for Nique, he was a gerat player, but I've never read or seen anything of his that would make me take his opinion as fact. It's all in how you want to see it, I guess. The Mavericks certainly didn't play up to their potential for the last few games, but Miami was no slouch. They took what Dallas gave them and won out. Tough to say it was simply all Dallas choking. I don't think it was.

The Mavs are certainly for real. They've proven that to me. What happened last year obviously hasn't phased them, so I don't understand why it keeps being brought up. I guess for has-beens to stay in the headlines.