PDA

View Full Version : Don't let this happen to you...

bigzak25
11-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Man Sues Neighbor For Stealing His Wife

CHICAGO -- A scorned husband wants to hit his neighbor where it hurts -- right in the wallet.

Steven Cyl, 44, is suing 61-year-old Fire Lt. Lee Bauman -- the guy who he says stole his wife.

Cyl claims that he's suffering from mental anguish. Cyl claims his wife met Bauman in a neighborhood bar and began an affair. She's since moved in with Bauman. Bauman lives down the street from Cyl in Chicago.

The wife's new beau can't believe he's being sued. He asked, "Is this for real?"

It is in Illinois, which is one of the few states where spurned spouses can file "alienation of affection" lawsuits.

The alienation of affection lawsuit filed against Bauman is a legal rarity in Illinois. Cyl's attorney, Michael Vitale, said this is the first one he has filed in 20 years of legal practice.

In the lawsuit, Cyl maintains Bauman seduced his wife, Lupe, causing her to end their marriage of 15 years.

"I don't know what kind of guy would do this to a friend," Cyl said.

Cyl is seeking unspecified damages from Bauman, contending the break-up of his marriage caused him anguish, devastation and suffering. Cyl said he doesn't expect his wife to come back to the basement apartment at his mother's home where they spent the last seven years of their marriage. :lol

Legally, Vitale said he knows few lawsuits of this kind have been successful. However, there were two recent settlements in North Carolina in which sore spouses pocketed over $1 million.

Cyl's wife filed for divorce, citing verbal abuse. But he claimed their only argument was when he caught her sneaking around with the firefighter.

Bauman said the lawsuit was a surprise to him, and he is having a hard time taking it seriously.

link (http://www.local6.com/family/3923209/detail.html)

SpursWoman
11-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Cyl said he doesn't expect his wife to come back to the basement apartment at his mother's home where they spent the last seven years of their marriage.

:lol :lol !

DrRich
11-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Boy is he a loser!!

I'll see ya later, my mom is calling me.......

Hook Dem
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Could this be one of those frivolous lawsuits talked about in the recent election?

Shelly
11-17-2004, 12:45 PM
It takes two to tango.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can sue UU666??????

:lol

SpursWoman
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Wow.

No Pooh references.

I'm amazed at the restraint by our posters.

Useruser666
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
We will have to split custody Shelly. You get days, I get nights! :devil

It takes two to tango.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can sue UU666??????
:lol

Shelly
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
We will have to split custody Shelly. You get days, I get nights! :devil

Oh, sure. Give me the kids. Like I don't have enough of my own. :spin