PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Will Boycott The Spurs

BIG IRISH
03-10-2007, 04:08 AM
I posting this here because it's Official Opinion of a reporter :rolleyes

I normally avoid mixing politics with my sports copy, but this is too bizarre to pass up. Does anybody know what this means?

By the tone of this question, you’d think the Spurs were wearing a picture of Hillary on the back of their jerseys.

I will say this: "The majority of the team would probably prefer that over the mug of the current office holder." Johnny Ludden

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61963

That's what happens when you have all them there forren guys on a team.
I bet if they were Mericans they wouldn't say that. :toast

SRJ
03-11-2007, 04:11 AM
The only thing I know about this is that I read somewhere that Popovich had expressed a preference for John Edwards during the 2004 Democratic primary. As far as the other players and coaches go, I have not the first clue - but my guess is that the majority of players would lean to the left. That's strictly a guess, of course.

Yonivore
03-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Who cares as long as they play basketball well?

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Who cares as long as they play basketball well?

I agree with that.

And, yes, Popovich was a financial contributor to John Edwards in 2004.
http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.asp?key=fwyb8&txtName=popovich&txtState=TX&txt2004=Y&Order=N

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree with that.

And, yes, Popovich was a financial contributor to John Edwards in 2004.
http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.asp?key=fwyb8&txtName=popovich&txtState=TX&txt2004=Y&Order=N

Pop and I have something in common :lol Cool

aaronstampler
03-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Manu has gone on the record on his blog as saying he couldn't vote because he's not a citizen but if he could he'd have voted for Kerry.

Murphy
03-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Most blacks are liberal, no surprise here.

Yonivore
03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Most blacks are liberal, no surprise here.
I disagree. I would say most blacks are Democrats, however; most Americans -- blacks included -- are whatever the prevailing winds tell them they are in order to get what they want from government.

Few people stick to their ideologies when it gets down to the nut-cutting and their ideology is counter to their desires.

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 11:07 AM
is Tim even an American citizen yet?

Melmart1
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
What do you mean, yet? He has always been a US citizen, he was born in a US territory.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
duh, Spurs are an intelligent veteran team. They would not choke like the mavs and vote for Bush. That being said, they would also not vote for Hilary cause that bitch is crazy. They would probably vote for Edwards, as instructed by Pop. Except for Tony, who would vote for Eva's pick.

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
What do you mean, yet? He has always been a US citizen, he was born in a US territory.

Well, I thought that because he was born in the US Virgin Islands that he was, but then I read somewhere that Islanders can't vote in American elections. So then I figured if he was really a US citizen, then he should be able to vote.

gtownspur
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
duh, Spurs are an intelligent veteran team. They would not choke like the mavs and vote for Bush. That being said, they would also not vote for Hilary cause that bitch is crazy. They would probably vote for Edwards, as instructed by Pop. Except for Tony, who would vote for Eva's pick.

Edwards is a douche. Out douches Bush.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Edwards is a douche. Out douches Bush.

really? why do you think so?

he is miles ahead of Bush in public speaking for starters.

01Snake
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
really? why do you think so?

he is miles ahead of Bush in public speaking for starters.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/drtwich/th_th1127939976whoop-dee-do.jpg

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/drtwich/th_th1127939976whoop-dee-do.jpg

thanks, very informative.

Still waiting for a good reason why Edwards is more of a moron than Bush. But I was also expecting typical bush dick sucking responses like this one.

01Snake
03-13-2007, 06:51 PM
But..But..he's a better public speaker. Is that the best YOU can come up with?

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
But..But..he's a better public speaker. Is that the best YOU can come up with?

lol pathetic. I was asking for a reason why I should think Edwards is more of an idiot than Bush. I was serious. Obviously you're not.

Yonivore
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
lol pathetic. I was asking for a reason why I should think Edwards is more of an idiot than Bush. I was serious. Obviously you're not.
Because he claims to channel dead people and Messiahs and President Bush doesn't. The guy belongs on the short bus.

There, idiotic enough for you?

George Gervin's Afro
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Who is more of a moron? Which one was picking heads of lettuce today? And proclaiming that it was one of his favorite things to do.

Yonivore
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Who is more of a moron? Which one was picking heads of lettuce today? And proclaiming that it was one of his favorite things to do.
He has a garden in Crawford.

Yonivore
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
"Global Warming will make war look like heaven." (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c68_1173904279&p=1)

Yeah, you're right, Edwards is no idiot. :lmao

Don Quixote
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Edwards and Gore both like to make loud, bombastic statements. They have a gift for overstating themselves. As for W, on the other hand, I've always thought his plain-spokenness was a strength. I know, I know, I should prepare for showers of "stupid" "idiot" "moron" at the mention of his name, just like every Republican, except maybe McCain. On the other hand, all Democrats are brilliant. But I digress.

Look, I don't concern myself nearly so much with conspiracy theories or alleged character traits or flaws in a candidate. I want what he thinks about things. As a "paleo-conservative" (what is a neo-con, anyway?), I want someone (Republican or Democrat) who will, in a nutshell, (1) control federal spending, (2) emphasize border security and national defense, (3) provide for free expression of religion and respect for moral values (be pro-life, etc.) (4) keep taxes LOW. On that basis, I don't think Edwards matches up well overall against these standards, or Obama or Hillary for that matter.