PDA

View Full Version : Is the new logo making anyone else want...

whottt
03-10-2007, 02:42 PM
SPAM?

I actually bought two cans of it the other night, because of that damn logo. Shit is salty. They ought to call it high bloodpressure in a can.

Kori Ellis
03-10-2007, 02:43 PM
:lol at subliminal advertising

:spam: :spam: :spam:

T Park
03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
the stuff aint bad if you pan fry the grease out, and mix it with Penne and parma cheese.

Slomo
03-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Don't worry Whottt I'm working on a new one. It will have my bank account number and lots of dollar signs in it....

T Park
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
:lol

Spam
03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
I think it kicks ass!!

Shelly
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I think a can o' Spam should be subsituted for the black bar...

sa_butta
03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I havent had spam since I was a kid. I guess I dont like it to much, I dont remember.

trueD
03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I was wondering what's up with the Spam logo too.

After a little research, I found little-to-no information as to why SPAM (the acronym or the "sp"iced h"am", I dunno) was used to describe that thing we all hate to muddle thru on the internet and mostly hate to eat too. Seems it came from a Monty Python skit in a restaurant, someting about Vikings singing the praises of SPAM meat. Still doesn't explain how bad meat can be compared to internet advertisement frolicking.

For some crazy reason I craved SPAM during pregnancy, but don't tell my kids. Of all the things they were accustomed to ingesting during lean times in their growing up years, SPAM was never one of them I am proud to say. :)

Shelly
03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I was wondering what's up with the Spam logo too.

After a little research, I found little-to-no information as to why SPAM (the acronym or the "sp"iced h"am", I dunno) was used to describe that thing we all hate to muddle thru on the internet and mostly hate to eat too. Seems it came from a Monty Python skit in a restaurant, someting about Vikings singing the praises of SPAM meat. Still doesn't explain how bad meat can be compared to internet advertisement frolicking.

For some crazy reason I craved SPAM during pregnancy, but don't tell my kids. Of all the things they were accustomed to ingesting during lean times in their growing up years, SPAM was never one of them I am proud to say. :)

Can you still eat it now?

I craved slurpees and quarter pounders with cheese. Nice and healthy! :lol

2Blonde
03-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Hawaiians eat spam all the time. My husband loves it. They fry it up w/up eggs and have it with lunch or whenever. It's disgusting. We only only ate it during the poor times when I was growing up. I never touch the stuff now.

2Blonde
03-10-2007, 06:34 PM

For me it was Hardee's Hot Ham-n-Cheese Sandwiches for lunch and their bacon, egg & cheese biscuits for breakfast when I was pregnant.

trueD
03-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Slurpees....what could possibly be in a slurpee that is nutritional? :lol Guess you can ask the same about SPAM. And no, I've never made the actual choice to eat SPAM when not pregnant. Milkshakes were also a fav of mine while with child. Never liked them before and still don't (I loathe milk, except with cookies and sweetened cereal).

atxrocker
03-10-2007, 07:15 PM
you mean people outside of trailer parks actually eat this shit?

Mr. Black
03-10-2007, 07:31 PM
What?...just because I'm white means I love spam, well damnit, its true... I love it, fried... baked, chocolate covered then fried, its delicious.

Pugglekicker_21
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I still dont know why its circling the forum title.

baseline bum
03-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd rather eat Rosie than a can of Spam... well, maybe not, but it's fucking disgusting.

Spam
03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
SPAM rocks!!!

trueD
03-10-2007, 09:33 PM
SPAM rocks!!!
SPAM you SUCK. You are a fraud. That greasy shit that surrounds your canned existance looks more palatable.

Shelly
03-10-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61832

:lol

btw,

Spurs
Peak
After
March

JoeChalupa
03-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Spam was on our table every now and then growing up. Diced With tomatoe sauce, garlic and commino. A little sopita.

Spam
03-10-2007, 09:40 PM
SPAM you SUCK. You are a fraud. That greasy shit that surrounds your canned existance looks more palatable.

EAT ME!!

trueD
03-10-2007, 09:43 PM
EAT ME!!
ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Shelly
03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
The one thing that cracks me up about GMAIL is when you go to your spam folder, it always gives you a recipe for SPAM:

Here's one I got just now:

Title: Gingered Spam Salad
Categories: Salads, Go-withs, Misc.
Yield: 1 Servings

1 cn Spam, sliced matchstick size
1/4 c Finely chopped ginger root
1 ea Small red onion, finely
Chopped
1/2 ts Garlic powder
1/4 c Freshly squeezed lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 ts Oriental dried chili powder
1/4 c Chopped cilantro leaves
8 ea Cherry tomatoes
Thai bird peppers and
Cilantro sprigs to garnish

Combine all ingredients in a sealed glass or plastic container to
marinate. Refrigerate at least two hours or preferably overnight.
Stir or shake occasionally to evenly coat. One hour before serving,
stir in cilantro. Serve on a bed of torn lettuce of your choice.
Garnish with quartered cherry tomatoes, Thai bird peppers and
cilantro sprigs.

~- Typos courtesy of Wesley Pitts 5/12/95

MMMMM

ShoogarBear
03-10-2007, 10:29 PM
SPAM?

I actually bought two cans of it the other night, because of that damn logo. Shit is salty. They ought to call it high bloodpressure in a can.Had you really never had Spam before?

missmyzte
03-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Had you really never had Spam before?
I haven't, and don't plan to.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I heard that Horry loves Spam, and will do anything for a good home-cooked Spam dinner.

trueD
03-11-2007, 01:05 AM
I heard that Horry loves Spam, and will do anything for a good home-cooked Spam dinner.
Horry whorring himself for Spam? I like it.

whottt
03-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd rather eat Rosie than a can of Spam... well, maybe not, but it's fucking disgusting.

You need to get some help. It's not that bad...dogshit isn't that bad.

whottt
03-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Had you really never had Spam before?

I've eaten before, when I was a kid, probably at least a couple of times in college...but it's been a long time. It's not something I like...but that logo made me think maybe I should give it another try.

Between the logo and EHJ's stories....it was calling to me.

When I just tried to eat it out of the can it tasted like ass...but then I read the recipe on the back for Spam Kabobs...slap on some barbecue sauce, I used hickory, and grill it with pineapple...

That was actually pretty good. If you cook it it seems to get rid of a lot of the sodium...has a good contrast with pineapple...

Maybe that's why the Hawaians like it.

Then again they like poi too...and that stuff is just about the nastiest stuff I have ever eaten.

whottt
03-11-2007, 02:28 PM

If I have a choice between death or eating Rosie I actually have to think about it for a second...

And then I have to go and write my will and say goodbye to all my loved ones.

whottt
03-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Dammit base, just thinking about it put a nasty taste in my mouth...FU! Now I gotta go eat another can o spam to wash that taste out.

ALVAREZ6
03-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Spam looks nasty, never had it and don't plan on it either.

Slomo
03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
When I first traveled to the US in the late 80's with some friends we went to visit the sister of one of them who had immigrated to the US a few years before.

So we're there talking about the people back home when my friend notices a can of SPAM and asks what is that, our hostess says "oh, its spam, it's the same thing as "mesni dorucak" (which is the Yugo version of spam), except spam tastes much better our version just had too much bad stuff in it!"

I guess spam is not the worst tasting shit out there... :lol

P.S. During my military service in the JNA I probably ate 5-8 cans of spam per week, and not the good US one either! We used to eat it out of the can with bread and raw onions (onions took the edge off).

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
P.S. During my military service in the JNA I probably ate 5-8 cans of spam per week, and not the good US one either! We used to eat it out of the can with bread and raw onions (onions took the edge off).:lol

Damn, you guys are tempting me to go out and buy a can.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I'd rather eat Rosie than a can of Spam... well, maybe not, but it's fucking disgusting.It took me about 15 minutes and some intensive googling to finally figure out what the hell you were talking about.

:vomit:

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I got it the first time.

whottt
03-11-2007, 07:03 PM
It took me about 15 minutes and some intensive googling to finally figure out what the hell you were talking about.

:vomit:

I'll even wash the spam down with a nice fresh glass of herpes in the ass before I touch that unclean beast.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 07:09 PM
I got it the first time.You must think about it a lot. :p: