PDA

View Full Version : Give it up for Shaq!

trueD
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
O’Neal, Heat Are Hitting Stride at Same Time
By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
Posted Mar 10 2007 3:15PM
http://www.nba.com/nba_news/shaq_heat_resurgence.html

MIAMI, Mar. 10, 2007 (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal tapped a massive finger on the side of his shaved head, then explained the biology behind his recent resurgence.

Did it with a straight face, too.

"I'm on a mission. And I know the older I get, I may lose a step or two, but it's all up in the medulla oblongata,'' O'Neal said, using the medical term for the base of one's brain. "I've got a lot up there. I've got a lot of knowledge ... in this medulla oblongata.''

O'Neal has averaged 24.8 points and 10.4 rebounds on nearly 68 percent shooting during Miami's current five-game winning streak, including a season-best 32 points Friday in a 105-91 Heat win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. It's all part of a dramatic turnaround by Miami, which was in danger of not making the playoffs a couple of weeks ago and now - even without injured guard Dwyane Wade - is chasing home-court advantage.

trueD
03-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not a Heat fan, I'm a Shaq fan. That's why I predicted Shaq would step up big-time for his team when Wade went down. It's in him to come up big in the clutch.

Props to Shaq! xoxo

Pistons < Spurs
03-10-2007, 07:19 PM
The bigger the harder they fall. Shaq and his fat ass will peter out down the stretch

David Stern
03-10-2007, 07:56 PM
The bigger the harder they fall. Shaq and his fat ass will peter out down the stretch

Someone is pissed off that Wade isnt out for the year. :rolleyes :rolleyes You Piston fans and your hate just never gets old.

Pistons < Spurs
03-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Someone is pissed off that Wade isnt out for the year. :rolleyes :rolleyes You Piston fans and your hate just never gets old.

Who wants Wade out for the year? I don't. I'm gonna be pissed if he's not near 100% come the ECF when we beat them.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Who wants Wade out for the year? I don't. I'm gonna be pissed if he's not near 100% come the ECF when we beat them.
lol the Pistons couldn't even beat the Heat without Wade. They have no chance with Wade healthy.

Rip-Hamilton32
03-10-2007, 08:20 PM
lol the Pistons couldn't even beat the Heat without Wade. They have no chance with Wade healthy.

wait i forgot, who lost 4 straight to the heat in the finals last year?

Pistons < Spurs
03-10-2007, 08:32 PM

OOhhh no a regular season game we lost .... :rolleyes

David Stern
03-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Same exact shit was said last year. If you want to underestimate Miami and think they wont be hell for your boys and can beat you again in a series, then go ahead and have that pipedream. If I am not mistaken, Flip Saunders is still your coach. As long as his unproven choking ass is still at the helm, I dont see them beating a healthy (or close to) Miami team. Wade will continue to rape the living shit out of the Pistons and as long as the role players do their job, we will be fine. Oh yeah we still have Riley at the helm.

Phil Hellmuth
03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
well if shaq plays like this into the playoffs and wade is still capable, it could be the resurgence of the miami title run.

alamo50
03-11-2007, 07:36 AM
The man is a freakin' legend.
Show respect where respect is due.

Amare_32
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Shaq will wear down trying to carry the AARP team to the playoffs. They won't get past the ECF. I have a feeling the Cavs with LeBron will get the Wade calls against Miami in the postseason.

peskypesky
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
GO SHAQ GO!!!

I love the fact that Shaq is stepping it up and leading the Heat to victory. I hated him back in the day when he and the Lakers were the Spurs' fiercest rivals....but after the Lakers made the mistake of choosing no-class Kobe over Shaq, I developed sympathy and liking for him.

I'm hoping for a Spurs-Heat Finals....

mardigan
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Shaq will wear down trying to carry the AARP team to the playoffs. They won't get past the ECF. I have a feeling the Cavs with LeBron will get the Wade calls against Miami in the postseason.

Why would he wear down when he has had half of the season off?

JamStone
03-12-2007, 06:46 PM
He would have about 8 NBA titles if he wasn't such a lazy fat ass.

Amare_32
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Why would he wear down when he has had half of the season off?

He will find some excuse to take off games when Wade comes back. I don't know he might say his mustache hurts or something.

jacobdrj
03-13-2007, 03:33 AM
First off, I have no ill will towards Shaq. I am a HUGE D-Wade fan. Have been since his rookie season. Secondly, I think the Pistons are in trouble if it is going to be C-Webb vs Shaq at any time during the playoffs. He couldn't match him when he was healthy and young. Ben made Shaq look mortal, and I don't think Shaq was mortal, just up against the greatest team defender of our time. Finally, If the refs keep calling the games the way they have been the last few since Shaq got back, allowing him to use his off arm, than the NBA is in trouble, because nobody can stop that.

Heat Bulls ECF... I call it...

kingsfan
03-13-2007, 03:42 AM
I like Wade but never been a fan of Shaq. I actually agree with amare32, once Wade comes back, it's time for Shaq's vacation. He's stepping up now but it won't last.