PDA

View Full Version : Who's streak ends first?

Dalhoop
03-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Dallas:

at Lakers
at Warriors
Suns
Celtics
at Pistons
at Knicks
at Cavs
at Celtics
at Hawks

Spurs:

Nets
Clippers
at Bucks
Celtics
Pacers
Pistons
at Sonics
at Warriors
Hornets

With all the road games, I'm going to have to say the Mavs. Looking at their schedule, I'm going to pick .... Pistons. The Mavs streak ends at 20.

For the Spurs .... Pacers (They are going to shoot lights out in 3's) ending the Spurs streak at 14.

The Mavs streak would end first, their game vs Pistons is three days before the Spurs face the Pacers.

Leetonidas
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I think the Mavericks can very easily lose any 4 of their next 5 games, because Kobe always comes to play versus Dallas, and the Warriors seem to have your number, Suns could be a tough game, then Boston will get destroyed, then there's Detroit. Touch stretch. I'm not being a homer either, but it's very conceivable for Dallas to lose to any of those teams, though they'll most likely drop only one game.

Looking at the Spurs' schedule, hell, they could go undefeated for the rest of March the way they're playing. But then again, so could the Mavs.

td4mvp21
03-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I say Dallas just looking at the schedules. I can see Dallas losing to L.A, Phoenix, and Detroit easily. But if they make it past L.A. and Phoenix, then I'm going to say @ Detroit will end their streak.

The Spurs can win all of those games, because they are easy teams (except Pacers and Pistons), the Spurs will probably lose to one of those two.

Darkwaters
03-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree with what most people say about the Mavs. Phoenix, Detroit or LA could all equal losses. But they probably lose 1 or maybe 2 max in that stretch. The Spurs have a relatively easy stretch. Detroit is concerning and the Hornets can surprise at times (although they're pretty underwhelming at the moment). But if the Spurs keep it up they could win out these up coming games or more likely be 19-1 through those 20.

boutons_
03-10-2007, 04:24 PM
"are easy teams (except Pacers and Pistons)"

?? Pacers?? ... are sub-.500 overall, and are .360 on the road. 3-7 in Last10.

The Pacers haven't done shit since the 04 EC Finals.

td4mvp21
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
"are easy teams (except Pacers and Pistons)"

?? Pacers?? ... are sub-.500 overall, and are .360 on the road. 3-7 in Last10.

The Pacers haven't done shit since the 04 EC Finals.

They are still tough to beat. I wouldn't call them pushovers.

himat
03-10-2007, 05:09 PM
All I know is that both teams will lose to the Pistons. :spin

Actually I think Dallas will lose to GS, and the Spurs will lose later on to the Pacers.

1Parker1
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Mavs will lose to the Lakers tommorow.

Clutch20
03-10-2007, 05:39 PM
AJ's

ArgSpursFan
03-10-2007, 06:00 PM
donīt really care which one ends first.I just want the spurs to send the Mavs home in the playoffs.

sa_butta
03-10-2007, 06:04 PM
donīt really care which one ends first.I just want the spurs to send the Mavs home in the playoffs.:clap :flag:

stretch
03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
donīt really care which one ends first.I just want the spurs to send the Mavs home in the playoffs.
as long as Oberto and Elson are your centers, and are relied upon to guard Dirk, thats not happening.

leemajors
03-10-2007, 06:10 PM
whose.

pking
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Dallas, probably. Kobe brings it against the Mavs (well, who doesn't he bring it against? but you know what I mean), GS plays the Mavs tough (after beating them so many times in a row, once they finally beat us, it seems like they always beat us), PHX is tough, detroit is tough. We shall see.

I agree with whoever said Indiana is not a pushover. They may not have a great record but they're still a pretty tough team.

Holmes_Fans
03-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Is kobe even gonna be playing tomorrow?

pking
03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Is kobe even gonna be playing tomorrow?

I was kinda wondering the same thing but I haven't seen any indication that he's not. Haven't heard anything about the elbow situation. Who knows.

bdictjames
03-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Indiana is looking bad they have lost 8 straight, so I dont think we'll lose to them. But if we do, hope we can bounce back and start all over again.

efrem1
03-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Mavs will lose to the Lakers tommorow.

Quite right. The long layoff might make the Mavs rusty.

Vingianx
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Dallas has a hard time containing Kobe... i say Lakers kill their streak...

Vingianx
03-10-2007, 10:53 PM
as long as Oberto and Elson are your centers, and are relied upon to guard Dirk, thats not happening.

Diop and Dampier :lol :lol :lol

pking
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
You'd take Elson and Oberto over Diop and Damp?

Vingianx
03-10-2007, 10:56 PM
frankly, i wouldn't take either of those 4

The_Worlds_finest
03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
mavs lose v. lakers...lakers have been playing like garbage lately and will bounce back...indiana has been playing consistantly like shit. Spurs are going to enjoy an undefeated month of march.

sandman
03-10-2007, 11:56 PM
You'd take Elson and Oberto over Diop and Damp?

That's like asking if I want the '77 Pinto over the '79 Chevette

Vingianx
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
That's like asking if I want the '77 Pinto over the '79 Chevette
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

mikeanthony21
03-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Dallas:

at Lakers
at Warriors
Suns
Celtics
at Pistons
at Knicks
at Cavs
at Celtics
at Hawks

Spurs:

Nets
Clippers
at Bucks
Celtics
Pacers
Pistons
at Sonics
at Warriors
Hornets

With all the road games, I'm going to have to say the Mavs. Looking at their schedule, I'm going to pick .... Pistons. The Mavs streak ends at 20.

For the Spurs .... Pacers (They are going to shoot lights out in 3's) ending the Spurs streak at 14.

The Mavs streak would end first, their game vs Pistons is three days before the Spurs face the Pacers.

Sorry, Dal... Lakers will end the Mavs streak. :downspin:

Shank
03-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Because that Lakers team is such a powerhouse these days.

freemeat
03-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Dallas can lose to: Lakers, Suns, Pistons or Cavs....

If the Spurs beat the Bucks, they can win 20...

stretch
03-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Diop and Dampier :lol :lol :lol
yea, but Diop and Dampier don't have the honor of having to guard someone like Dirk. they can handle guys like Duncan, much like we saw Diop own Duncan in game 7 and OT last season. replace Oberto with Diop, and the Spurs win a title.

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2007, 10:52 AM
ESPN had a note from Elias this morning saying that the Mavs 16-game streak and the Spurs 12-game streak mark only the 2nd time in NBA history that two teams in the same division have had concurrent winning streaks of 12 games or more. The other streak involved the Bucks and Bulls who each were at 12 consecutive wins in the early stages of the 1973-74 season, before the Bulls lost to the Suns to end their streak at 12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2794545

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2007, 10:58 AM
can handle guys like Duncan, much like we saw Diop own Duncan in game 7 and OT last season.

So much ownership in Game 7:

Duncan 49 min, 12-24 FG; 0-1 3PT; 17-23 FT, 6-9-15 reb, 6 ast, 4 pf, 1 stl, 3 to, 3 blk, 41 pts.

Dude ran out of gas in OT (after logging 44 minutes in regulation) and Diop, to his credit, (after only having played 5 minutes or so before OT), took advantage of that.

Saying that he "owned" Duncan is ridiculous.

Vingianx
03-11-2007, 02:41 PM
yea, but Diop and Dampier don't have the honor of having to guard someone like Dirk. they can handle guys like Duncan, much like we saw Diop own Duncan in game 7 and OT last season. replace Oberto with Diop, and the Spurs win a title.

:blah :blah :lol :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant

pking
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Diop owned Duncan? :lol

Diop played him well in OT but I think it's just a bit overboard to say that he owned him.

dbreiden83080
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Primetime game in LA Kobe will look for a big game so tonight could be the one where it ends.

dbreiden83080
03-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Diop owned Duncan? :lol

Diop played him well in OT but I think it's just a bit overboard to say that he owned him.

Timmy was out of gas after carrying us the whole game. Plus he was still bothered by that foot injury and everything was back to the basket, so that wore him out even more.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2007, 05:15 PM

Annnnnnd your ability to make credible posts ends here.

dg7md
03-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Let Dirk have his points, the thing to do is to stop everyone else (Terry, Howard).

I see the Mavs streak ending first because they have a giant headstart.

Texas_Ranger
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Lakers will win the Mavs tonight.

Phenomanul
03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Spurs seem to have trouble beating the Bucks....

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM

WHy would you Spurs homers make stupid ass statements like that? First of all it makes no sense. Sure the Mavs could lose but you morons always predict the Mavs to lose. I might was well get on here and say the Spurs are gonna lose for every game...bound to be correct soon enough. So sad..so sad indeed :elephant

fitzgerald
03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

uh, want to rethink this one? I say the Mavs lose to GS or Phoenix. Most likely Phoenix. It is hard to belive Phoenix will let the Mavs beat them again. Phoenix needs it more. If Phoenix loses to Mavs again, I predict they go on a losing streak. Their psyche will be broken. Every time I predict the Mavs to lose they don't. Let's see.

nkdlunch
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
haha it's pretty stupid to predict Lakers would beat the mavs. Mavs are playing awesome. I really don't know who will lose first. But I guarantee more Mavs fans will guarantee a championship if Spurs lose first. :rolleyes

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Mavs = undefeated in March

28 straight, then a loss @ Suns on Apr 1st

Sorry, Dal... Lakers will end the Mavs streak. :downspin:

:lol

stretch
03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
So much ownership in Game 7:

Duncan 49 min, 12-24 FG; 0-1 3PT; 17-23 FT, 6-9-15 reb, 6 ast, 4 pf, 1 stl, 3 to, 3 blk, 41 pts.

Dude ran out of gas in OT (after logging 44 minutes in regulation) and Diop, to his credit, (after only having played 5 minutes or so before OT), took advantage of that.

Saying that he "owned" Duncan is ridiculous.
i didnt mean that literally. but Diop did a very good job on Duncan in the 4th and OT. everyone knows that.

stretch
03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Let Dirk have his points, the thing to do is to stop everyone else (Terry, Howard).

I see the Mavs streak ending first because they have a giant headstart.
But who is going to stop Terry, Howard, Harris, and Stack? Howard always has his way with Ginobili and usually plays pretty well against Bowen. Parker can't do shit against Terry or Harris, and no one can do anything against Stack either.

stretch
03-12-2007, 09:58 AM
uh, want to rethink this one? I say the Mavs lose to GS or Phoenix. Most likely Phoenix. It is hard to belive Phoenix will let the Mavs beat them again. Phoenix needs it more. If Phoenix loses to Mavs again, I predict they go on a losing streak. Their psyche will be broken. Every time I predict the Mavs to lose they don't. Let's see.
I disagree. I think Phoenix is a guaranteed victory.

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
i didnt mean that literally. but Diop did a very good job on Duncan in the 4th and OT. everyone knows that.

He did, but the disparity in minutes (and roles) at that point in time isn't something to be blithely disregarded. To this day, I think the fact that Duncan's foot limited his minutes during last regular season hurt his conditioning and caused him to run out of gas at the end of Game 7. Not an excuse by any stretch, but certainly a factor.

Diop's length occasionally bothers Duncan, but I think that Duncan's quickness around the basket is more problematic to the Mavericks, particularly if they refuse to double team him. In a playoff setting, I don't think Timmy will spend as much time on the right block as he has in the earlier meetings between the teams this year -- I think it's much easier for Diop to defend Tim when he's on the right block.

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
But who is going to stop Terry, Howard, Harris, and Stack? Howard always has his way with Ginobili and usually plays pretty well against Bowen. Parker can't do shit against Terry or Harris, and no one can do anything against Stack either.

And with all of that, if you don't get 3 Keith Van Horn three pointers in Game 7 last year, the Ginobili foul is a non-issue.

The notion that Parker "can't do shit against Terry or Harris" is laughable to me -- the Devin Harris part, in particular. Devin Harris had great games in Games 2 and 3 of the playoff series. He shot 14-26 from the floor and 16-20 from the line, scoring 44 points. What's never mentioned is that he couldn't match that production in Games 4-7 of the series. In fact, he only scored 42 points in the last 4 games of that series and only 9 in the last two games. Parker, meanwhile, had games of 33, 27, and 24 in Games 4-7.

With the Devin Harris twist in full effect, Parker spent relatively little time on Terry for the rest of the series. It's awfully difficult to look at Terry's sheer numbers and conclude that he did his work against Parker and that Parker couldn't stop him.

This year, that has seemingly carried over. In 26 mpg against the Spurs this season, Devin Harris has scored a total of 17 points (5.7 per game) while shooting under 33% from the floor (7-23). Parker, meanwhile, is averaging 16.7 ppg in those games, just a shade below his season average, while shooting 49% from the floor.

The Spurs have problems to address against the Mavericks, undoubtedly. But your attempts to characterize those problems ignore facts.

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
And with all of that, if you don't get 3 Keith Van Horn three pointers in Game 7 last year, the Ginobili foul is a non-issue

replace them with Croshere this year... :fro

Shank
03-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Please don't.

stretch
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
And with all of that, if you don't get 3 Keith Van Horn three pointers in Game 7 last year, the Ginobili foul is a non-issue.

The notion that Parker "can't do shit against Terry or Harris" is laughable to me -- the Devin Harris part, in particular. Devin Harris had great games in Games 2 and 3 of the playoff series. He shot 14-26 from the floor and 16-20 from the line, scoring 44 points. What's never mentioned is that he couldn't match that production in Games 4-7 of the series. In fact, he only scored 42 points in the last 4 games of that series and only 9 in the last two games. Parker, meanwhile, had games of 33, 27, and 24 in Games 4-7.

With the Devin Harris twist in full effect, Parker spent relatively little time on Terry for the rest of the series. It's awfully difficult to look at Terry's sheer numbers and conclude that he did his work against Parker and that Parker couldn't stop him.

This year, that has seemingly carried over. In 26 mpg against the Spurs this season, Devin Harris has scored a total of 17 points (5.7 per game) while shooting under 33% from the floor (7-23). Parker, meanwhile, is averaging 16.7 ppg in those games, just a shade below his season average, while shooting 49% from the floor.

The Spurs have problems to address against the Mavericks, undoubtedly. But your attempts to characterize those problems ignore facts.
ok. im not going to get into another arguement about Harris. IMO, when he wants to, Harris can own Parker on both ends of the court. but he still has a ways to go to develop the maturity and consistency we need out of him. Parker is a far more consistent player, but IMO, Harris is considerably more talented and explosive. but what about Howard? Stackhouse? they both can score 20-30 any given night. you cant say the same about anyone on the Spurs other than their big 3. but for the Mavs, we have Dirk, Terry, Harris, Howard, and Stack who are all capable of going off for 20+ any night.

stretch
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
replace them with Croshere this year... :fro
man, it was classic to see how pissed Kobe was last night when Croshere did the alley-oop.

SpurForLife
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Mavs = undefeated in March

28 straight, then a loss @ Suns on Apr 1st

:lol

I think the Pistons or Cavs have something to say about that!!

sammy
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Golden State

LEONARD
I think the Pistons or Cavs have something to say about that!!

and Phoenix...

I didn't say it would be an EASY stretch, did I?

LEONARD
Golden State

They DO seem to have the Mavs number...

monosylab1k
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
They could lose just about every game left for the rest of the season, just as long as they beat the fucking Suns, I'll be happy.

gameFACE
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Spurs seem to have trouble beating the Bucks....
That's what I was thinking. They split the season series last year but the spread was only a few points each time. The Bucks are <.500 but they have a real chance on ending the SPurs streak.

Still I say the Spurs win that game and the Mavs will have an off night coming up.

bigfundamental21
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Mavs will lose to Suns

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Neither streak will end until the Spurs knock the Mavs out in the third round of the playoffs.

In fact, the league office will rule that each team is a winner when they meet and the end of the regular season and conclude that the game does not have to actually be played.

Write it down.

mabber
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Mavs will lose to Suns

Yeah they could. I would imagine that the game is going to be more important to Phoenix as they want to prove they can beat a good team. Everybody has told them about their poor record vs. Dallas, Utah & San Antonio so they are gonna be geared up for Wednesday night's game. They'll have to play a hell of a game to beat Dallas in Dallas though.

himat
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Mavs will lose today, GS is fighting for the playoffs.

Hoopy Dunkalot
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh I get this game...every day the Mavs play you guys all come on and say they will lose....that way you can trumpet your game calling skills. Nice.

So after tonight we say Phoenix, the Detroit, etc. until the Spurs lose one and the game ends.

Awesome.

You guys rule.

:rolleyes

spursreport
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
ok. im not going to get into another arguement about Harris. IMO, when he wants to, Harris can own Parker on both ends of the court. but he still has a ways to go to develop the maturity and consistency we need out of him. Parker is a far more consistent player, but IMO, Harris is considerably more talented and explosive. but what about Howard? Stackhouse? they both can score 20-30 any given night. you cant say the same about anyone on the Spurs other than their big 3. but for the Mavs, we have Dirk, Terry, Harris, Howard, and Stack who are all capable of going off for 20+ any night.

Nice to see the Dallas troll spouting off stupid shit about Harris being some kind of special player and Parker being overrated. Did you and your raider friends have no luck jumping anyone tonight? :rolleyes :rolleyes Diop can handle Duncan? :rolleyes Why dont you go slash some tires or rob somebody. It is what raider fans do in the offseason.

Tigole Bitties
03-12-2007, 11:04 PM
64-51 at the half. WARRRRRRIORS... coming out to plaaaaaay!

Shank
03-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't get this thread. Technically, the Spurs would have to get to at least 17 straight for the 2 streaks to even be comparable.

CubanMustGo
03-12-2007, 11:07 PM
and 72-53 now. What kind of gimmics is Nellie pulling tonight, anyway?

Still would not be surprised to see Mavs win.

SpursDynasty
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Dallas' streak ends tonight, and most of us knew that before this game even started. Am I right? (Golden State always beats them)

Gino20
03-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Yup, the Mavs got their ass beat! However, I think your allowed to lose once in a while...they won 17 in a row for god sake!

SpursDynasty
03-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Yup, the Mavs got their ass beat! However, I think your allowed to lose once in a while...they won 17 in a row for god sake!

A team that is being compared to MJ's 1996 Bulls, should be going out and beating the Warriors.

Gino20
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
A team that is being compared to MJ's 1996 Bulls, should be going out and beating the Warriors.

I completely agree with you on two aspects; a)they should have beat the warriors, and b)its horrible that they are being compare to that Bulls team (thats what it seems like your saying). The Bulls would beat their ass along with every other team I think. However, teams simply don't go 82-0. Every team is gonna have a off night. Don't get me wrong, I am loving every minute of it though!!! :elephant

dbestpro
03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't get this thread. Technically, the Spurs would have to get to at least 17 straight for the 2 streaks to even be comparable.
I guess that means that Dallas has to win at least 3 rings before they can breath the same air as the Spurs.

Cry Havoc
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
I completely agree with you on two aspects; a)they should have beat the warriors, and b)its horrible that they are being compare to that Bulls team (thats what it seems like your saying). The Bulls would beat their ass along with every other team I think. However, teams simply don't go 82-0. Every team is gonna have a off night. Don't get me wrong, I am loving every minute of it though!!! :elephant

Hmm.

Pugglekicker_21
03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Better lat than never. Losing 102-71 last I looked in. Why does GS always seem to have the Mavs number? ANd can the Mavs even think of coming back? Its the start of the 4th.

Gino20
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
:dramaquee
Hmm.

slayermin
03-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Ok. Who called it?

SpursFanFirst
03-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I can't watch the Mavs game tonight...for those that can, are the Mavs rolling over and playing dead? I mean, I know the Warriors have a habit of beating them, but this is HUGE! What's going on?

Gino20
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I can't watch the Mavs game tonight...for those that can, are the Mavs rolling over and playing dead? I mean, I know the Warriors have a habit of beating them, but this is HUGE! What's going on?
Well, the Warriors just played a very fast pace game...Did great on the defensive end. However, they gave up alot o rebounds. Dallas just couldn't get anything going...if you did not watch bball at all, it would seem like they are a lottery team. Seriously.

SpursFanFirst
03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Is Dallas even still playing their starters?

slayermin
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Both teams played last night so you can't really say the Warriors had a huge advantage except for homecourt and those cool retro jerseys.

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Can we hire Nellie to coach the Dallas series?

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Both teams played last night so you can't really say the Warriors had a huge advantage except for homecourt and those cool retro jerseys.
Yeah those throwbacks are pretty sweet.

SpursFanFirst
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Can we hire Nellie to coach the Dallas series?

Haha...that's what I was thinking! :lol

Pugglekicker_21
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
what city is it talking about anyways?

Pugglekicker_21
03-13-2007, 12:08 AM
the GS retro jerseys

doldrums
03-13-2007, 12:12 AM
what city is it talking about anyways?

San francisco -yeah I love those jerseys

Capt Bringdown
03-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Nowitzki became visibly frustrated in the third quarter, flattening Davis for an offensive foul before comically swatting a loose ball out of a cameraman's hands in his fury.
Two possessions later, Nowitzki was whistled for a technical foul for chirping from his seat on the Mavs' bench.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Mavericks's

romad_20
03-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Nowitzki became visibly frustrated in the third quarter, flattening Davis for an offensive foul before comically swatting a loose ball out of a cameraman's hands in his fury.
Two possessions later, Nowitzki was whistled for a technical foul for chirping from his seat on the Mavs' bench.

Somewhere an exercise bike quivers in fear. :cry

Despot
03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Where did all the mav fans go?

THE SIXTH MAN
03-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Where did all the mav fans go?
They're jumping off the bandwagon.

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2007, 01:01 AM
And the streak is finnaly over.

Shank
03-13-2007, 01:17 AM
They're jumping off the bandwagon.

Um.

We're sleeping soundly tonight. No need to fret over a loss like this. All is well.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Mavericks's

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:40 AM
When's the GTG planned to celebrate the Mav's loss?

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 05:19 AM
When's the GTG planned to celebrate the Mav's loss?

sometime in late May

tiga
03-13-2007, 05:24 AM
strike :lol

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2007, 05:26 AM

With all due respect to your viewpoint, you should note that among the 10 losses that the 95-96 Bulls sustained was a loss at Toronto. That was the first year of existence for the Raptors franchise; they started a lineup of Tracy Murray, Damon Stoudemire, Oliver Miller, Carlos Rogers, and Alvin Robertson that night. The Raptors were 17-49 going into that game and the Bulls were 60-7.

So, in a sense, you're right -- those Bulls didn't lose to teams like the Warriors; the Bulls lost to teams that were far worse than the Warriors.

Those Bulls also lost back-to-back games at Denver and Phoenix in February of that season, at a time when both the Nuggets and the Suns were several games under .500. And they lost at home to a Charlotte team that was just about .500.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 05:28 AM
With all due respect to your viewpoint, you should note that among the 10 losses that the 95-96 Bulls sustained was a loss at Toronto. That was the first year of existence for the Raptors franchise; they started a lineup of Tracy Murray, Damon Stoudemire, Oliver Miller, Carlos Rogers, and Alvin Robertson that night. The Raptors were 17-49 going into that game and the Bulls were 60-7.

So, in a sense, you're right -- those Bulls didn't lose to teams like the Warriors; the Bulls lost to teams that were far worse than the Warriors.

Those Bulls also lost back-to-back games at Denver and Phoenix in February of that season, at a time when both the Nuggets and the Suns were several games under .500. And they lost at home to a Charlotte team that was just about .500.

Yeah, but they didn't lose to the Wariors

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
The level of disinterest the Mavs showed was amazing last night...I guess I can deal with a turd every 18th game ;)

They DO seem to have the Mavs number...

:dizzy

Thrill
03-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Any thoughts on how big the next streak by dallas will be. If they win every game between now and the time they play the Spurs on Apr 15, that would be another 17 game win streak. OF course, by then, the Spurs could be on a 28 game win streak. That would make for an even more monumental game than it already is.

mabber
03-13-2007, 09:01 AM
The level of disinterest the Mavs showed was amazing last night...I guess I can deal with a turd every 18th game ;)

:dizzy

I thought it was more of the Warriors playing like it was a playoff game. They really got after it from the start. The Mavs may have started off slowly but they gave a lot of effort to try to get back in it in the 2nd & 3rd quarters and still got hammered. It was a good reminder for the Mavs as they had been able to coast in the 1st half in a lot of games and then just turn it on and win, but it didn't work out for them last night.

That was an ass-kicking!!!

mabber
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Any thoughts on how big the next streak by dallas will be. If they win every game between now and the time they play the Spurs on Apr 15, that would be another 17 game win streak. OF course, by then, the Spurs could be on a 28 game win streak. That would make for an even more monumental game than it already is.

Why do so many of you think the April 15th game is going to be a "big game??

Kent_in_Atlanta
03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
sometime in late May

Trainwreck... NICE! Very nice!

Thrill
03-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Why do so many of you think the April 15th game is going to be a "big game??

For the same reason we think seeing two heavily loaded freight trains screaming towards eachother at full speed on the same track would be something to watch

Thrill
03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Of course, I do see the point that it's the last week of the season for both teams and there will be nothing at stake for the Mavs, and possibly the Spurs, and it's possible that neither team will treat it as a playoff preview game, but deep down, you know that each team wants to win that game even if it's the bench players that decide the outcome.