PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

Supergirl
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I just looked at the standings and realized that if the playoffs were to start today, New York would be in at #8.

Now, they're currently tied with Orlando for that eight spot, so Orlando should be able to beat them out for it. Orlando's a much better team.

But the idea that New York - the most ridiculous, mismanaged excuse for a sports franchise in all of sports - is even in contention for a playoff spot gives a sense of how bad and how lopsided the Eastern conference is right now.

Golden State, the Clippers, the Hornets, hell even the Kings right now - all better teams than NY. I really hope NY doesn't make it in, because it will be an embarassment to the NBA.

timvp
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
It Was Written . . .

:hat

Chris Childs
03-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I just looked at the standings and realized that if the playoffs were to start today, New York would be in at #8.

Now, they're currently tied with Orlando for that eight spot, so Orlando should be able to beat them out for it. Orlando's a much better team.

But the idea that New York - the most ridiculous, mismanaged excuse for a sports franchise in all of sports - is even in contention for a playoff spot gives a sense of how bad and how lopsided the Eastern conference is right now.

Golden State, the Clippers, the Hornets, hell even the Kings right now - all better teams than NY. I really hope NY doesn't make it in, because it will be an embarassment to the NBA.

To you and everyone you're related to..............

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

Bob Lanier
03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Orlando's a much better team.
Look, I like Darko too, but let's not go overboard.

G-Money
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I want NY to get in for 2 reasons, number 1 our draft pick and number 2 Im a Isiah Thomas fan.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
It Was Written . . .

:hat

:lmao

Wasn't It Also Written that the Magic would be in the Conference Finals, Lebron would average 33, 7, and 8 and be the runaway MVP, and that Amare Stoudemire will be considering retirement by the end of the season? :angel

Supergirl
03-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Look, I like Darko too, but let's not go overboard.

It's going overboard to say the magic are more talented than the Knicks?
All I know is, I'd buld a franchise around Dwight Howard before I even THOUGHT about building a franchise around anyone on the Knicks, who have two supposed franchise players (Marbury, Francis) who got unceremoniously dumped by their respective franchises.

I don't think it's going overboard to say the Magic are better than the Knicks.

And I agree, the Warriors are too good to not make it in the playoffs. If they were in the East they'd be top of the rankings, only Detroit is better, I think.

Bruno
03-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Knicks GM can spend twice more money than any other team in the league. The fact that Knicks aren't even a .500 team with that hudge edge is a proof of how incompetent Thomas is.

Knicks are one of the most talented team in the league (when you spend that much money, it's quite logical), they will maybe make the playoffs. I hope they won't do it to show that money isn't enough to succeed in nba. I'll root for Pacers and Magic, they are too two teams that I really like.