T-Pain
03-11-2007, 05:49 PM
yeah go lakers

dirk4mvp
03-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Who's he gonna elbow tonight?

ponky
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
i'm just happy the mavs are finally playing a game, although maybe i won't be saying that tomorrow when we play golden state...i'm actually more concerned about golden state than the lakers because 1. they have this bad habit of beating us the last two years 2. they are looking good with everyone healthy 3. we are on the road (not a huge difference but goes in the disadvantage column for us) 4. btb for us (we're still without a loss on BTBs) 5. warriors are on a 3 game win streak and are looking to sneak into that 8th spot 6. mavs win streak can't last forever

dallaskd
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
If we win tonight I say we lose tommorow.

mabber
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I'll be happy if no one on the Mavs gets seriously injured. The Mavs are gonna lose a few games down the stretch regardless. Staying healthy is all that really matters until the playoffs at this point. Of course, the Mavs need to continue to play well but being healthy is the most important thing going into the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Time for Dallas to have a tougher stretch of games, they will lose about 7 more games this season for a 66-16 record.

Lakers, Warriors, and Suns. 3-game losing streak for the Mavs.
Detroit next week. Another loss. They could lose to Phoenix again, and will lose to Utah and SA.

Leetonidas
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Time for Dallas to have a tougher stretch of games, they will lose about 7 more games this season for a 66-16 record.

Detroit next week. Another loss. They could lose to Phoenix again, and will lose to Utah and SA.
I seriously doubt they'll drop even two of the next three.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I want Kobe to go for 82 tonight.

Go Kobe, Go!

ponky
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM

:lmao...we might lose a couple of games but it's not going to be seven, dumbass...more like 2-3.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I made a game blog about this in the Spurs forum too. :)

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Does that mean one is abandoned? I guess this one is for the Mavs fans and the one in there is for Spurs fans wanting to smack around Dallas without getting reprocussions from Mavs fans.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Who's he gonna elbow tonight?
Dirk or Croshere

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Breakaway foul

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:12 PM
So what are the odds that the Lakers win?

I'd say slim to none.

mardigan
03-11-2007, 08:12 PM
If Kobe keeps hitting shots like that I would give em a good chance

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
If Kobe keeps hitting shots like that I would give em a good chance
To bad he can't play 48 minutes.

loveThe23
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Lakers have a chance, but it's hard to tell from here.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Wait Turiaf is playing I take that back, they do have a chance.

Haha Kwame sucks around the basket. Wheres the Suns when you need them.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Come on Kobe!!! Score more! :lol

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Come on Kobe!!! Score more! :lol

By score you mean get to the free throw line I assume....

BUMP
03-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Howard will wear him out all night by making him play defense, as well as contesting his shots.

Lakers had a hot start but i think we will just wear them down

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:40 PM
So you haven't been watching the game?

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Does Jason Terry travel like that every game?

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:47 PM

...and frustration sets in
:lol :lol :lol

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Ohhh I knew this game was lost a long time ago. I'm not to worried about this game. But I love the jump step to pass that he does. I thought you had to shoot it after you jump step.

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Can the refs keep the Lakers in the game?

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Can the refs keep the Lakers in the game?
Do you understand basketball?

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Do you understand basketball?

Do you? Guess Dirk did not get fouled on that drive? Learn to swim son :elephant

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Do you? Guess Dirk did not get fouled on that drive? Learn to swim son :elephant
And that was a great charge call on Farmar. :rolleyes

Learn about basketball first before you try to talk to me.

BUMP
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
:lol

no foul on Kobe at the end.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
That was a foul. No argument from here. But we're not the ones talking about how the refs are keeping the other team in the game.

BUMP
03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
we're not the ones talking about how the refs are keeping the other team in the game.

i dont see why you should say that. we're just much better

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 09:48 PM
WTF is Dirk still doing in the game with a 20+ point lead?

The Lakers are just like 27 other NBA teams that DON'T show up to play when they play the Mavericks. Pathetic. Utah and SA, time to show Dallas that they're still a weak-minded jump shooting team.

Pugglekicker_21
Question for dallas fans-What is the weakness in Dirk's game? He is too big for most people, and too fast for the ones big enough to guard him. Is it strength?

D?

Purple & Gold
i dont see why you should say that. we're just much better
Very true. But that's not really saying much. I mean Smush is our starting PG.

LB7
03-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Ohhh I knew this game was lost a long time ago. I'm not to worried about this game. But I love the jump step to pass that he does. I thought you had to shoot it after you jump step.
no, you do not have to shoot after a jump STOP

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought they changed that rule this year.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Kobe looks pissed and frustrated.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2007, 10:29 PM

He looked rather pissed when Croshere caught the little alley.

Amare_32
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM

That warms my heart. Does he need a hug? Where is Raja'a mother when you need her?

stretch
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
He looked rather pissed when Croshere caught the little alley.
lol yea, me and my brother had a good laugh about that. he looked MAD.

Budkin
03-11-2007, 10:40 PM

You know it's hard to be upset about a Mavs win when it makes Kobe feel so shitty. :lol

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
That warms my heart. Does he need a hug? Where is Raja'a mother when you need her?

oh here you are, keep your little suns fan, nashfan, locked up in the closet...haha, just kidding

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:45 PM

oh here you are, keep your little suns fan, nashfan, locked up in the closet...haha, just kidding

Oh, I am so hurt! :dramaquee

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh, and by the way I am not little unless you think 6' 2" is little.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM

lol, TRUCE!!!!

(you're the one on the left)

http://www.donatoart.com/truce.jpg

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
lol, TRUCE!!!!

(you're the one on the left)

http://www.donatoart.com/truce.jpg

:lol

loveThe23
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
so, worst home loss in Lakers history? nice job Mavs. :clap may the best team win.

lurker
03-11-2007, 11:13 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/LAS11003120446.jpg

loveThe23
03-11-2007, 11:17 PM
aww, poor kobe. :dizzy

Findog
03-11-2007, 11:32 PM

The Lakers are just like 27 other NBA teams that DON'T show up to play when they play the Mavericks. Pathetic. Utah and SA, time to show Dallas that they're still a weak-minded jump shooting team.

This is 2007, not 2003. We're the new Alpha Dogs. We own you and everybody else now. Get used to it.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
This is 2007, not 2003. We're the new Alpha Dogs. We own you and everybody else now. Get used to it.
What makes you guys "alpha dogs"?

TheBlueVan
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
their ability to defend their pack, protect the females, and lead the hunt for food

dav4463
03-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Mavs play every game like it is the playoffs. Chill out, it's regular season. Give some guys some rest every once in a while..........no...wait! burn yourselves out trying to win 70 so the Spurs can beat you.....when it counts!

GO SPURS GO

Fillmoe
03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
kobe bryant, 3 rings >>>>>>>>>>> dallas mavericks franchise, 0....

dav4463
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM

You have to shoot or pass. You can't pivot or dribble again.

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Mavs play every game like it is the playoffs. Chill out, it's regular season. Give some guys some rest every once in a while..........no...wait! burn yourselves out trying to win 70 so the Spurs can beat you.....when it counts!

GO SPURS GO

dude, do some research. dirk played 29 minutes. would you like me to post the box score? mensah bonsu and barea were on the court for the last 5 minutes. dirk might get fat from this kind of "burning himself out".

just because the mavs are ROLLING doesnt mean theyre killing themselves to do it. in case you havent figured it out yet, theyd rather have a championship than a blowout in march

Holmes_Fans
03-12-2007, 12:27 AM

GO SPURS GO
I think only 1 player playing over 30 minutes(Howard) could be considered everyone getting some rest.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/DALLAL/boxscore.html

owned.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I think only 1 player playing over 30 minutes(Howard) could be considered everyone getting some rest.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070311/DALLAL/boxscore.html

owned.

ouch

trueD
03-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Kings lose. But so do Lakers, and badly. Yes, I hate that much! :lol

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Boring ass game - one thing I've noticed: Mavs play extremely loose out there and I think that's why they're so successful - I think they hit so many shots because they're not afraid of missing at all.

Findog
03-12-2007, 06:07 AM
What makes you guys "alpha dogs"?

We're the best fucking team in the league.

Dalhoop
03-12-2007, 06:29 AM
To the Mavs, every game is like practice. It is in their play book "If you have to open shot, and nobody is more open then you, Take the Shot"

Mavs play during the entire game -

Mavs bring the ball down court
Pass to Dirk (Dirk gets doubled)
Dirk passes out to open man (Defense starts rotation)
Open man sees defender coming and passes to open man with nobody within 15 ft of him.
WIDE open man takes the open look

The shot doesn't always go in, but there is no fear of missing because the play worked flawlessly.

Those WIDE OPEN looks are just like in the pre-game warm-up ... Just like practice.

boutons_
03-12-2007, 06:57 AM
"I think they hit so many shots because they're not afraid of missing at all."

Suns and Spurs have better season team FG%.

ponky
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
"I think they hit so many shots because they're not afraid of missing at all."

Suns and Spurs have better season team FG%.

thank god we know how to change it up then...besides, it's not like RonMexico was comparing them to the Suns, which I would probably say take so many shots for much the same reason, they know they'll go in most of the time, although the suns also have a shorter rotations and play the guys with better fg%. as for the spurs, when one of your top scorers is a guy who usually takes it in the paint, of course you're going to have a *slightly* higher fg%....damp has the highest fg% in the league but it doesn't really count because he doesn't have the minimum point totals to make the cut...actually, oberto also takes most of his points at the basket and he has the highest fg% of the entire spurs team. does this mean anything when compared to duncan or manu? not really....wouldn't necessarily read too much into fg%, guys like barea, ager, mbenga and croshere bring us down but it's not like they get much playing time so they don't really matter as far as ronmexico's assessment is concerned.

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Dude...from 1 Mavs fan to another...STFU...the Mavs were hacking the hell out of Kobe...

And that was a great charge call on Farmar. :rolleyes

Learn about basketball first before you try to talk to me.

:cry

:cry

WTF?? The Mavs usually get a team's best effort...

GO SPURS GO

Did Dirk play in the 4th? :dizzy

Did you watch the game?? :lol

and the Mavs aren't trying to win 70...that is NOT a goal of this team...

LB7
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
You have to shoot or pass. You can't pivot or dribble again.
Well, that goes without saying. Dude said he jump stopped and passed and he asked if that was legal. I said yes. You do not have to SHOOT after a jump stop. I was correct.

mabber
03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Question for dallas fans-What is the weakness in Dirk's game? He is too big for most people, and too fast for the ones big enough to guard him. Is it strength?

D?

Strength on D actually. He can be backed down as he's not as strong as most of the tall guys that play offense in the post. The Mav coaches know this though and will help him with a double team if necessary. Dirk can't guard Duncan for long periods as Duncan is stronger than him. Same with Amare. Shaq would break him in half.

He really has no weaknesses on offense anymore. He can shoot over everybody cuz he shoots at the very top of his jump and he fades when he's in the mid-post. He can drive by the really big, tall guys and when he gets fouled it's an automatic 2pts most of the time.

Shank
03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
It's pretty impressive to see the change in Dirk's game even from last year's playoffs. There's a vid on Youtube with all the music, highlights, yadda yadda from the Spurs Game 7 and even from then to now, Dirk holds himself up differently. Offensively, he may have added a few touches, but it's on the defensive end where he looks more accountable.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I wasn't discussing FG% as a team because that's deceptive. I was just saying that as a whole, they seem to play extremely loose out there like it's a pick-up game. Their chemistry seems to be off the charts right now (and they should receive bonus points because they have chemistry-killer Stack on the team).

For those of you that watched the game last night, here's the definitive example: Mavs are up 10 (35-25 I think...), Josh Howard comes down the right side of the court, dribbling leisurely, surveys the scene and calmly pops a moderately contested 3 that hits the back of the rim and goes in... business as usual.

My thing is that so many times you can see the Suns players take a similar shot and it looks like they're willing it in there, but its like the Mavs are convinced every shot is going to go in... and if it doesn't, oh well.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Yes... but since he's the JET, it's called "flying"

mavsfan1000
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Well Stackhouse is playing some serious ball right now so maybe he is redeeming himself of the label chemistry-killer.

mabber
03-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Yes... but since he's the JET, it's called "flying"

Terry & Howard both carry the ball a lot as well. A lot of players do in the league though. I've never understood why the league allows this to go on. It definitely gives you an advantage.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Well Stackhouse is playing some serious ball right now so maybe he is redeeming himself of the label chemistry-killer.

I agree, but I'm not going to "buy" it just yet until it gets to the playoffs... right now, I'll keep him as a "hold" for role of teamplayer.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Terry & Howard both carry the ball a lot as well. A lot of players do in the league though. I've never understood why the league allows this to go on. It definitely gives you an advantage.

Yeah, I know... I've just decided they're never going to call it, so I don't get angry anymore... Barbosa carries sometimes too, so it's a trade off.

Two plays that piss me off the most: Terry does that 3-step spot up jumper move (like he's at the 3pt line and then carries the ball, and hops forward but doesn't dribble, so the defender backs off which creates enough space for him to get off the 3).... and ones where Howard doesn't use the carry to his advantage in a drive, but he's dribbling in place and will hold the ball for like 2 seconds before he puts it down again.

mabber
03-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I know... I've just decided they're never going to call it, so I don't get angry anymore... Barbosa carries sometimes too, so it's a trade off.

Two plays that piss me off the most: Terry does that 3-step spot up jumper move (like he's at the 3pt line and then carries the ball, and hops forward but doesn't dribble, so the defender backs off which creates enough space for him to get off the 3).... and ones where Howard doesn't use the carry to his advantage in a drive, but he's dribbling in place and will hold the ball for like 2 seconds before he puts it down again.

There are players on all the teams that get away with carrying the ball.

Actually, Howard and/or Terry get called for it most games. It's usually Howard that gets called for it and it's never called again in that game.

Findog
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree, but I'm not going to "buy" it just yet until it gets to the playoffs... right now, I'll keep him as a "hold" for role of teamplayer.

Stack's been a model teammate, leader and sixth man for 3 years running now, and he's helped give us a measure of toughness that we didn't have previously. He's at a point in his career where he cares more about winning than he does about being the "Man" on shitty teams. Avery has a way of getting guys to buy what he's selling.

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Stack's been a model teammate, leader and sixth man for 3 years running now, and he's helped give us a measure of toughness that we didn't have previously. He's at a point in his career where he cares more about winning than he does about being the "Man" on shitty teams. Avery has a way of getting guys to buy what he's selling.

EXACTLY...no idea where RonMexico is coming from on his Stack HSO's...

monosylab1k
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Stack has been alot better than I ever expected him to be...but there are still times when he thinks he's the star of this team, and he goes nuts, throwing up junk shots like he's Gilbert Arenas. It's happening less and less, but until those bad streaks are completely gone from his game, I'll always be wary of him, especially in the playoffs. He's the one guy on the team that could shoot us out of a game in the playoffs, he's done it before but hopefully never again.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
We're the best fucking team in the league.
:lol That's not grounds for "alpha dog" status. The 'best fucking team in the league" isn't decided until June, sparky.

TonyParkerSux
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
terrible loss and terrible effort by the Lakers. Walton, Odom, and Parker being out hurt, but they still should have been more competitive than that. Kobe played like shit, he couldn't hit anything. Look out when this team gets healthy though, I think that they will make some noise in the post season. I'm not sure if they are ready to go all the way, but I didn't think that Miami had a chance last season either. Once everyone is healthy, this is a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Findog
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
:lol That's not grounds for "alpha dog" status. The 'best fucking team in the league" isn't decided until June, sparky.

Yeah, and until you beat us in the playoffs again, we own you until then too.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
terrible loss and terrible effort by the Lakers. Walton, Odom, and Parker being out hurt, but they still should have been more competitive than that. Kobe played like shit, he couldn't hit anything. Look out when this team gets healthy though, I think that they will make some noise in the post season. I'm not sure if they are ready to go all the way, but I didn't think that Miami had a chance last season either. Once everyone is healthy, this is a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Why is Smush still with the Lakers? From all reports, he has become a cancer. Just release his ass and be done with him! :pctoss

I quit watching this game after the 2nd quarter.

Sportcamper
03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
The game had its moments... (http://i.a.cnn.net./si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0703/gallery.nba.cheerleaders0309/images/016752409.jpg)

ponky
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
The game had its moments... (http://i.a.cnn.net./si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0703/gallery.nba.cheerleaders0309/images/016752409.jpg)

wow, the mavs flew their own dance team to l.a......and then they played the cavs right after the lakers!

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

I don't know man - I think your boy monosyb... whatever it is agrees with me a little bit. I'm basically saying you think he can be a model teammate and then he goes and pulls a stunt like last year in the WCSF where he passes up a wide open 2 that can tie the game and runs backwards for a contested 3 pointer that barely grazes the rim. Then he acts all tough in the locker room with crap like "I felt like it was a good look for 3." Teamplayers would apologize to their teammates and admit publicly that they want to try harder... maybe he did that behind closed doors, but I can only go off what I saw/heard.

Sportcamper
03-12-2007, 03:35 PM
The Mavs were well represented... (http://www.i-sportsbook.com/cheerleaders/11.jpg)

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
When Kobe has an off day it can get ugly very quick. Once we're healthy we'll have a better understanding of this team. I doubt we can win it all, but I am sure we can play spoiler in the playoffs.

mabber
03-12-2007, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=RonMexico]I don't know man - I think your boy monosyb... whatever it is agrees with me a little bit. I'm basically saying you think he can be a model teammate and then he goes and pulls a stunt like last year in the WCSF where he passes up a wide open 2 that can tie the game and runs backwards for a contested 3 pointer that barely grazes the rim. Then he acts all tough in the locker room with crap like "I felt like it was a good look for 3." Teamplayers would apologize to their teammates and admit publicly that they want to try harder... maybe he did that behind closed doors, but I can only go off what I saw/heard.[/QUOTE

Stack is not even close to being a problem on this team. He, JET & Dirk are the unquestioned leaders of this team. If anyone thinks otherwise, then they are just wrong. All that's ever written (by the local media) or said by his teammates & coaches in regards to Stack is ultra-positive.

RonMexico just has a problem with both Stack & Howard and that's ok but he's wrong about Stack.

In regards to Stack's play on the court. He will shoot 2 for 14 once every 6th game or so but his contributing games off the bench far outnumber his bad games. Yes, he will continue to shoot even when he's off but he's a scorer and they want him to continue to shoot. I'm not sure that many people realize how valuable he is coming off the bench. He's instant offense and can create his own shot (usually high % shot) against just about anyone in the league. He will play big minutes in the playoffs as Avery has been limiting his minutes to no more than 25 minutes/game most of the season to save him for the playoffs.

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Stack is not even a main piece on this team. Who cares if he's a cancer. He's not asked to lead.

mabber
03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Stack is not even a main piece on this team. Who cares if he's a cancer. He's not asked to lead.

Wrong!

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Wrong!
Do you think Stack is a key piece to your team? Deciding between winning it all and losing?

mabber
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you think Stack is a key piece to your team? Deciding between winning it all and losing?

Absolutely! He's the Mav's 6th man and will actually end up playing starter's minutes in the playoffs. He will be in the playoffs games at the end most of the time. The Mavs could possibly win the title this season w/o Stack but I would doubt it.

Let me also say that I was not very happy when they brought him in here. I was hoping they'd move him shortly thereafter. I was aware of his past but he's just not that way anymore and has taken to his role as the 6th man along with becoming a vocal leader that Avery asked him to be.

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Absolutely! He's the Mav's 6th man and will actually end up playing starter's minutes in the playoffs. He will be in the playoffs games at the end most of the time. The Mavs could possibly win the title this season w/o Stack but I would doubt it.

Let me also say that I was not very happy when they brought him in here. I was hoping they'd move him shortly thereafter. I was aware of his past but he's just not that way anymore and has taken to his role as the 6th man along with becoming a vocal leader that Avery asked him to be.
Well that's my point I don't see how a 6th man could be a cancer. I think that word gets tossed around to quick. You don't have to like your teammates to win. I think that term only applies to key, main contributers to a team. I don't see how Stack could be a cancer when you have Terry, Dirk, Howard, and then Avery as your coach. If you don't win it's not because Stack was a cancer.

mabber
03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Well that's my point I don't see how a 6th man could be a cancer. I think that word gets tossed around to quick. You don't have to like your teammates to win. I think that term only applies to key, main contributers to a team. I don't see how Stack could be a cancer when you have Terry, Dirk, Howard, and then Avery as your coach. If you don't win it's not because Stack was a cancer.

Avery wouldn't allow a "cancer" on his team. Avery is a hard ass and a fairly strick disciplinarian...if some people were not aware.

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I have also noticed that Howard carries the ball. As for Terry he seems to take extra steps and carry the ball. I thought the league was gonna start enforcing it more this year.

Findog
03-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't know man - I think your boy monosyb... whatever it is agrees with me a little bit. I'm basically saying you think he can be a model teammate and then he goes and pulls a stunt like last year in the WCSF where he passes up a wide open 2 that can tie the game and runs backwards for a contested 3 pointer that barely grazes the rim. Then he acts all tough in the locker room with crap like "I felt like it was a good look for 3." Teamplayers would apologize to their teammates and admit publicly that they want to try harder... maybe he did that behind closed doors, but I can only go off what I saw/heard.

That was one play. What basketball player in the history of the game has exhibited flawless shot selection? That's not a case of being selfish, it's a case of trying to do too much. I don't see what he would've had to apologize for in that instance. He makes boneheaded decisions from time to time, but who doesn't? I was as skeptical as anybody when they brought him in here because of his reputation for putting up the numbers on shit teams and being a locker-room lawyer. He's fulfilled his role well and I have no complaints about him.

I do know he's one tough-ass motherfucker and guys around the league know better than to mess with him. That toughness has rubbed off on his teammates. Without Stack, we'd probably still be Nelllie soft.

Findog
03-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Fuck yeah he is. Not only does he anchor the second unit and the offense runs through him when Dirk is getting a breather, but him and Dirk out on the floor together creates matchup problems. He's also a "heavy" if you catch my drift, and he plays McSorley to Dirk's Gretzky. You wanna fuck with Dirk? You gotta go through Stack first, and I doubt you'll get past him. Without Stack, we'd still be Nellie soft.

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Reach much? :lol

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 05:42 PM
That was one play. What basketball player in the history of the game has exhibited flawless shot selection? That's not a case of being selfish, it's a case of trying to do too much. I don't see what he would've had to apologize for in that instance. He makes boneheaded decisions from time to time, but who doesn't? I was as skeptical as anybody when they brought him in here because of his reputation for putting up the numbers on shit teams and being a locker-room lawyer. He's fulfilled his role well and I have no complaints about him.

I do know he's one tough-ass motherfucker and guys around the league know better than to mess with him. That toughness has rubbed off on his teammates. Without Stack, we'd probably still be Nelllie soft.

Still, I wasn't just talking about the shot selection - it was his holier-than-thou attitude after screwing it up. Even Tim Thomas admitted when he screwed up in the Clippers series and we know he's not all that great for team chemistry.

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Fuck yeah he is. Not only does he anchor the second unit and the offense runs through him when Dirk is getting a breather, but him and Dirk out on the floor together creates matchup problems. He's also a "heavy" if you catch my drift, and he plays McSorley to Dirk's Gretzky. You wanna fuck with Dirk? You gotta go through Stack first, and I doubt you'll get past him. Without Stack, we'd still be Nellie soft.
Well I'm gonna have to look at Stack's game more closely. I know he's important for your second unit, but I also feel that other players can play that role. I just feel that the word "cancer" gets used way to often.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Well I'm gonna have to look at Stack's game more closely. I know he's important for your second unit, but I also feel that other players can play that role. I just feel that the word "cancer" gets used way to often.

Agreed.

Wait until he makes another Caveman play in the playoffs and we'll see how many Mavs fans jump ship

Findog
03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Still, I wasn't just talking about the shot selection - it was his holier-than-thou attitude after screwing it up. Even Tim Thomas admitted when he screwed up in the Clippers series and we know he's not all that great for team chemistry.

Retreating back to the three point line isn't on par with Derek Harper dribbling out the clock or Tim Thomas throwing the ball away. He had a good look and he took a mediocre one.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Retreating back to the three point line isn't on par with Derek Harper dribbling out the clock or Tim Thomas throwing the ball away. He had a good look and he took a mediocre one.

"Mediocre"?? He retreated back to the 3point line and allowed Ginobili ample time to recover and practically smother Stackhouse (in the corner, of all places). If that were Game 7, he would have become the Bill Buckner of the NBA.

Yes, it's not on par with Derek Harper dribbling out the clock, but the 80s Mavs didn't really have title aspirations like this team does...

ponky
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Agreed.

Wait until he makes another Caveman play in the playoffs and we'll see how many Mavs fans jump ship

HAHAHA!!!!! :lmao

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
HAHAHA!!!!! :lmao

Ponky, are you geared up for Wednesday?

I think it would be funny if the Suns beat the Rockets again tonight... would kind of even out those damn Jazz losses...

ponky
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Ponky, are you geared up for Wednesday?

I think it would be funny if the Suns beat the Rockets again tonight... would kind of even out those damn Jazz losses...

Lol, yeah I'm ready, IMO, it's the last big game before the playoffs because the Spurs and Jazz games at the end of the season won't matter. I'm looking forward to tonight's Suns/Rockets game in addition to our matchup against the troublesome Warriors who love to beat us! With the Suns/Rockets, either the Suns will pull away to a double-digit lead in the third or the game will stay close and be decided in the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Yao really exerted himself yesterday with his 34 points and other stats, he may be tired tonight :lol

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Exactly... but Yao has only played like 30 mins or more against the Suns in 1-2 games in his career - they usually factor him out.

Findog
03-12-2007, 09:04 PM
If that were Game 7.

If, If, If, If, If. Maybe If I looked like Brad Pitt and starred in movies I could have the privilege of schtupping Angelina Jolie. Didn't we win that series? Didn't Stack nail a couple of huge jumpers in overtime in Game 7? I also seem to recall some huge jumpers he hit down the stretch in Phoenix in Game 6 to hold off your beloved Suns.

If you keep harping on ONE play where he took a questionable shot, that tells me all I need to know. You have an axe to grind with Stack.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
No, I don't have any axe to grind with Stack. Remind me of these clutch buckets again?

BUMP
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Remind me of these clutch buckets again?

he had 4 points in OT i think. if you were watching you would know, we cant prove it to you.

Findog
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
No, I don't have any axe to grind with Stack. Remind me of these clutch buckets again?

He had two clutch jumpers to make it a two-possession game against the Spurs. He also had two big baskets down the stretch against Phoenix in Game Six. I watched those games, obviously you didn't.

RonMexico
03-13-2007, 12:00 AM
He had two clutch jumpers to make it a two-possession game against the Spurs. He also had two big baskets down the stretch against Phoenix in Game Six. I watched those games, obviously you didn't.

No, obviously all I remember is Adrian Griffin with a bush-league dunk and D-Wade destroying all. Oh, I remember Stack getting in the way of Shaq's arm and bloodying up his nose... and then trying to pile drive Shaq... "hard-nosed," "clutch," and "big pussy" are words that come to mind.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, and until you beat us in the playoffs again, we own you until then too.
Quit living in the past.

Findog
03-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Quit living in the past.

"Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, We have three titles and you guys have none."

Findog
03-13-2007, 07:24 AM
No, obviously all I remember is Adrian Griffin with a bush-league dunk and D-Wade destroying all. Oh, I remember Stack getting in the way of Shaq's arm and bloodying up his nose... and then trying to pile drive Shaq... "hard-nosed," "clutch," and "big pussy" are words that come to mind.

I remember the Suns gasping and wheezing for breath in the fourth quarter of Game Six because they only go seven deep. I remember the refs not allowing the Mavs to guard Wade. I remember Shaq looking like a shadow of his former self. Good thing you guys went out and signed some good role players for your bench this year. Oh wait a minute...

THE SIXTH MAN
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
"Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, We have three titles and you guys have none."
"Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, We own you guys because we beat you last year."