03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
:smokin

8:00pm Tip.

atxrocker
03-11-2007, 07:37 PM
it's hard for me to root for either team, but i'll go with lakers

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Having a feeling my Mavs might lose this one. Kobe always loves playing well against the Mavs. Oh well..streaks must end....

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Go Lakers!!!

dougp
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
nba forum

(haha kori :) )

SAtown
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Go Lakers :smokin

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Haha love Spurs homers pulling for the Lakers...why you people think you're gonna catch the Mavs? Best to pull for the Mavs and keep under the radar if ya'll had any common sense

boutons_
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Lakers have really collapsed in the last few weeks, especially way down from their level against the Spurs. I give them almost no chance.

dougp
03-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Haha love Spurs homers pulling for the Lakers...why you people think you're gonna catch the Mavs? Best to pull for the Mavs and keep under the radar if ya'll had any common sense
We don't care about catching up to you - but we do care about you losing. Hold on, you need to choose a fuckin team, Mr. Bandwagon.

SAtown
03-11-2007, 07:46 PM

How does rooting for the Mavs make any sense? wtf?

powerpower
03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
come onnnnnnnnnnnnn.....mavs better lose tonight:)

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 07:47 PM

No one thinks the Spurs are going to catch the Mavs. But anything to slow down the Mavs momentum is a good thing. So, Spurs fans root for Mavs losses. It's logical.

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
How does rooting for the Mavs make any sense? wtf?

Cause you want them to be over-confident. If the Mavs start to slump Avery will whip em in shape...that's the last thing you want Spurs homers trust me :elephant

Bruno
03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Go Mavs.
I'd like to see Lakers being catched by Denver (or another team) to avoid them in the first round (baring Spurs don't catch Phoenix).

SAtown
03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Cause you want them to be over-confident. If the Mavs start to slump Avery will whip em in shape...that's the last thing you want Spurs homers trust me :elephant

Ok, let's ask the Heat.

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Ok, let's ask the Heat.

Haha you act like the Heat dominated the Mavs...Mavs only lost 1 game against them by more than what 3 points. Not a slump genius..any non-homer would admit the Mavs got bad breaks. They also idn't finish like they will this year :elephant

Leetonidas
03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Why is it you refer to everyone as a homer? Damn bandwagon homer. The reason we root against the Mavs is because if they lose, they lose momentum, and other teams view them as beatable. You know we're not going to catch the Mavs, yet I'm sure you root against the Spurs constantly.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Haha you act like the Heat dominated the Mavs...Mavs only lost 1 game against them by more than what 3 points. Not a slump genius..any non-homer would admit the Mavs got bad breaks. They also idn't finish like they will this year :elephantAh, so breaks are a problem only when they go against you?

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Why is it you refer to everyone as a homer? Damn bandwagon homer. The reason we root against the Mavs is because if they lose, they lose momentum, and other teams view them as beatable. You know we're not going to catch the Mavs, yet I'm sure you root against the Spurs constantly.

Exactly my point..why would I want the Spurs to lose? I want the best team to win unlike you homers. Sure I want that to be the Mavs but if they lose so be it. Much rather a team from Texas win anyway....

mavs>spurs2
03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Exactly my point..why would I want the Spurs to lose? I want the best team to win unlike you homers. Sure I want that to be the Mavs but if they lose so be it. Much rather a team from Texas win anyway....

or a team from phoenix, right?

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
This one or the NBA forum one? Decisions, decisions.....

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Dammit, satellite's on the frizz.

exstatic
03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
This one or the NBA forum one? Decisions, decisions.....
This one will probably generate more posts.

exstatic
03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Dammit, satellite's on the frizz.
Of course. It's raining.

mardigan
03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Dirk fouling like a bitch, lets go Kobe

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Mavericks vs Lakers Game Blog
--------------------------------------------------------
.......and people ask why mavs fans post here and why they troll. this doesn't help that "cause". at least put it in the right forum. Oh by the way comedian Richard Jeni blew his face off today. GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Smush Parker sucks. I can't say this enough.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Is there any doubt that Dirk is MVP?

SAtown
03-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow, I hope the refs don't call these crap foul calls all game.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Kwame could've ignited the crowd with a dunk there

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow, I hope the refs don't call these crap foul calls all game.

I know, too many whistles both ways. Making the game very boring.

CubanMustGo
03-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Lakers get *13* FTs in first quarter and somehow manage to trail. Ballgame.

Flopper
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Lakers gonna lose.

powerpower
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate dallas !!!

they are going to win if bryant does not go for 60 ppg or more

itzsoweezee
gotdamn the lakers suck. whatever seed matches the spurs up w/ the lakers, i want them to get that.

ponky
mavs to lakers:

http://saidjetter.blogspot.com/sike.jpg

boutons_
03-11-2007, 08:51 PM
NCAA action is MUCH rougher and tougher than Stern's wimpy, flaccid, girly-man NBA. Of course, 90% of NBA players are whiny bitches, so maybe they deserve Stern.

Used to watching NBA, I kept waiting for the whistles in the NCAA games in the last fews. They didn't come.

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:51 PM
FLEA to Smushie:

http://www.nba.com/chat_and_mailboxes/flea.html

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
NCAA action is MUCH rougher and tougher than Stern's wimpy, flaccid, girly-man NBA. Of course, 90% of NBA players are whiny bitches, so maybe they deserve Stern.

Used to watching NBA, I kept waiting for the whistles in the NCAA games in the last fews. They didn't come.

i agree

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Damn Ponky you sure sound happy for a Laker/Mav game when half the Laker team is out. You might wanna save some of that excitement for the playoffs.

boutons_
03-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Any team shooting 33% is gonna suck.

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Damn Ponky you sure sound happy for a Laker/Mav game when half the Laker team is out. You might wanna save some of that excitement for the playoffs.

why shouldn't i be happy? mavs haven't played in over four days, i miss watching them play. don't take your frustrations out on me

btw, who is out other than odom? walton's cleared to play tonight.

itzsoweezee
03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
mamba isn't doing shit.

definitely no mvp

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
why shouldn't i be happy? mavs haven't played in over four days, i miss watching them play. don't take your frustrations out on me
Ohhh I ain't frustrated. I can see past the next day. Just letting you know not to blow your wad to early.

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
eh, it's way too early to call this game but if you guys wanna cheer one of our opposing teams, tomorrow's the real deal...the warriors always work us hard and have been winning the matchups the last two years.

ponky
03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Ohhh I ain't frustrated. I can see past the next day. Just letting you know not to blow your wad to early.

you sure sound frustrated with this post and the other one about terry...i have an infinite amount of energy and enthusiasm when it comes to the mavs, otherwise, what's the point of watching a game, this isn't tennis where people clap politely (and i LOVE tennis)

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
what's the score?

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
what's the score?

41-30 mavs

Amarelooms
03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Can the refs keep the Lakers in it?

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
eh, it's way too early to call this game but if you guys wanna cheer one of our opposing teams, tomorrow's the real deal...the warriors always work us hard and have been winning the matchups the last two years.
It's game. Unless something crazy happens, like Kobe blowing up in the second half. Even then it will still take more than just that. And really these games mean nothing to Dallas now. I hope they don't mess up and put to much stock in these regular season records. I actually feel they got cheated last year against Miami.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Can the refs keep the Lakers in it?
Tell your team to stop fouling. Then the refs won't have to call fouls.

pussyface
03-11-2007, 09:02 PM
im pretty sure kwame airballed a free throw. anyone can confirm?
also, smush parker ejected.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
im pretty sure kwame airballed a free throw. anyone can confirm?
also, smush parker ejected.
Sadly Kwame with a FT airball is nothing new. I'm glad Smush is out. He sucks.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:04 PM
It's game. Unless something crazy happens, like Kobe blowing up in the second half. Even then it will still take more than just that. And really these games mean nothing to Dallas now. I hope they don't mess up and put to much stock in these regular season records. I actually feel they got cheated last year against Miami.

i don't think they put much stock in the records...everytime some reporter asks them about it they get all quiet and just mention that avery doesn't want them talking about such stuff, he keeps them in line. anyway, what the hell is smush's problem? he never used to have these problems, unless i just missed that side of him

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Now how is that a charge? Cause he dipped his shoulder a little?

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Kobe working very, very hard out there. I almost feel bad for him, he litterally has no help out there. :lol

Sidenote: Mavs look sick. Do they have any weaknesses?

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Kobe is such a ballhog. No way Lakers win.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
i don't think they put much stock in the records...everytime some reporter asks them about it they get all quiet and just mention that avery doesn't want them talking about such stuff, he keeps them in line. anyway, what the hell is smush's problem? he never used to have these problems, unless i just missed that side of him
I actually used to enjoy watching Dallas play back in the day. When they had Blackman and Tarpley. Never rooted for them cause I only root for the Lakers, but they had some good teams. And yeah you missed that side of Smush.

pussyface
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM
smush parker has a 10 cent head.

Purple & Gold
Kobe working very, very hard out there. I almost feel bad for him, he litterally has no help out there. :lol

Sidenote: Mavs look sick. Do they have any weaknesses?
Post scoring.

itzsoweezee

how can you tell? he hasn't given anyone else a chance to shoot.

1Parker1

Have you seen the Lakers team they have out there? Steve Nash would turn into a ballhog too if he had those players around him....? :lol

Purple & Gold
Who should he pass the ball to?

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Post scoring.

They don't need it. They have a lot of scoring options.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow, Lakers should be embarassed. Kobe's having an off shooting night and that doesn't help them.

Damn, I really thought the Lakers would finally end the Mavs streak.

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Didnt the Spurs draft Howard then trade him? Why?

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Screw this nonsense. What a horrible game. Might as well cheer for some needed Stackhouse fantasy points.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Have you seen the Lakers team they have out there? Steve Nash would turn into a ballhog too if he had those players around him....? :lol

Nah, think you are wrong there. Nash would get other players involved. Our team last year only had Marion as an allstar and Diaw who on Atlanta's team could do nothing on that team. Nash would set these players up in the right place for the right type of shot where there they would be more effective than they are playing with Kobe. I mean Kobe is missing everything he takes.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
They don't need it. They have a lot of scoring options.
You asked what their weakness is and that's it. I'd choose scoring in the post 9 times out of 10 over scoring from the outside.

They can sure win it all without it (more than likely will), but it is their only weakness.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Screw this nonsense. What a horrible game. Might as well cheer for some needed Stackhouse fantasy points.

:lol :lol :lol

Purple & Gold
You were the only one.

Nashfan
Wow, Lakers should be embarassed. Kobe's having an off shooting night and that doesn't help them.

Your not too bright if you really thought these Lakers without Odom and Walton and Vlade would beat the Mavs. :lol

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Nah, think you are wrong there. Nash would get other players involved. Our team last year only had Marion as an allstar and Diaw who on Atlanta's team could do nothing on that team. Nash would set these players up in the right place for the right type of shot where there they would be more effective than they are playing with Kobe. I mean Kobe is missing everything he takes.
So who should he pass the ball to? And you do realize Nash is a PG?

Leetonidas
03-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Didnt the Spurs draft Howard then trade him? Why?
No, it was Leandro Barbosa and he was traded to make room for Jason Kidd's douche bagness.

boutons_
03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Any team shooting 29% is gonna suck. :lol

pussyface
03-11-2007, 09:21 PM
i like this "purpleandgold" guy.
very entertaining, a true realist as well.
keep em coming amigo.

Nashfan
So who should he pass the ball to? And you do realize Nash is a PG?

Duh, no I did not realize Nash is a point guard! :rolleyes He could pass to any of the Lakers and he would know their sweet spots. Kobe is trying to just take over the game, which usually doesn't work. It is a team sport and that is how Nash plays the game. Kobe could learn something from that concept. :lol

Pugglekicker_21
hmm, swear I thought they drafted him then traded. Time to google.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Your not too bright if you really thought these Lakers without Odom and Walton and Vlade would beat the Mavs. :lol

walton is cleared to play

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Nash is a great player.

Wonder if the Mavs would take him back?

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
i like this "purpleandgold" guy.
very entertaining, a true realist as well.
keep em coming amigo.
I call 'em like I see 'em. The Lakers day will come when Bynum develops. Till then it's gonna be between Mavs, Spurs, and possibly Houston (lots of health questions though). Sorry Suns fans, I don't see your style of play winning a Championship.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
hmm, swear I thought they drafted him then traded. Time to google.

no way, mavs were shocked that he was still around at the end of the first round, they drafted him as the last pick...spurs had an opportunity to draft him but they didn't...other op is correct, you guys drafted barbosa

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Its weird. When Nash left the Mavs, both got better

ponky
I call 'em like I see 'em. The Lakers day will come when Bynum develops. Till then it's gonna be between Mavs, Spurs, and possibly Houston (lots of health questions though). Sorry Suns fans, I don't see your style of play winning a Championship.

lol, definitely a realist, i like it. seriously though, i do see the lakers developing and hopefully they'll all get and stay healthy...it IS good news that odom will be back practicing and maybe playing within the next two weeks

pussyface

once again, i agree with you.

i find that you have a lot of credibility with what you say because you are not a homer/partisan hack.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Duh, no I did not realize Nash is a point guard! :rolleyes He could pass to any of the Lakers and he would know their sweet spots. Kobe is trying to just take over the game, which usually doesn't work. It is a team sport and that is how Nash plays the game. Kobe could learn something from that concept. :lol
So if Nash is a PG it more than likely means that he's a better passer than Kobe and his game is built around it... Right?

And which Laker on this team playing right now has sweet spots? Other than Cook who's streaky as hell?

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Nash is a great player.

Wonder if the Mavs would take him back?

no way, i like nash but i really don't see him playing many more years. also, he fits the suns system a lot better, we have evolved into something different, with a more balanced offense and defense and a bit of a slower game, even if we can run at times...nash was good for the early 2000s when we only cared about running but the guy could never get the superstar calls that other players get, he still doesn't

mardigan
03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Damn, the Mavs are pretty damn scary, you basically have to play your A game even when they arent to even have a chance

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
walton is cleared to play

Probably rusty as hell though.

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Between Tracy "My Back Hurts" McGrady and Yao " My Legs Are Crippled" Ming, they'll win a championship. Bynum will be a beast. I think, and correct me if Im wrong, that the Lakers were ecstatic to take him at No. 10. What year was it, and did the Lakers really suck that bad that year?

pussyface
03-11-2007, 09:32 PM
...hopefully we'll be able to rest all our a-listers here for much of the 2nd half to get ready for those norcal fags tomorrow night.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:33 PM
So if Nash is a PG it more than likely means that he's a better passer than Kobe and his game is built around it... Right?

And which Laker on this team playing right now has sweet spots? Other than Cook who's streaky as hell?

Well, apparently when Walton and Odom were playing before their injuries they knew where their sweet spots were. Kobe doesn't know how to play team ball on a regular basis. He is trying to take impossible shots and forcing everything which isn't working at all.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
We definitely need Odom and Walton back. Without them we're Kobe with a bunch of NBDL players.

I am definitely a realist when it comes to sports. I'm also a Dodger fan. :lol And I've been through the Nick Van Exel/Eddie Jones years. As for homers, they suck. Most of them, you'll find out are actually bandwagon fans.

boutons_
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
SJax throws the ball at referee, technical, then bitches, 2nd technical, ejected. Then doesn't leave the court in a timely manner. maybe a fine.

FSN Northwest announcer says "that's the Indiana Pacer coming out of him" :lol

No, that's just dumbfuck balla SJax thinkin he be gettin no respek.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Probably rusty as hell though.

you can go choke on your own regurgitated excuses now...or alternately, pee in your pants at the prospect of matching up agains the mavs next week and bring your excuses with you, you'll need them....all of them.

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 09:35 PM
no way, mavs were shocked that he was still around at the end of the first round, they drafted him as the last pick...spurs had an opportunity to draft him but they didn't...other op is correct, you guys drafted barbosa

Wow, they actually passed up on him. That would've stopped the Bowen is old and needs to go thread. I only hope they had a good reason to take Barbosa and then trade him. Why didnt they keep him? him being babosa. was beno looking like a promising prospect?

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
SJax throws the ball at referee, technical, then bitches, 2nd technical, ejected. Then doesn't leave the court in a timely manner. maybe a fine.

FSN Northwest announcer says "that's the Indiana Pacer coming out of him" :lol

No, that's just dumbfuck balla SJax thinkin he be gettin no respek.

:lol :lol :lol dang, i don't have that game on tivo, hopefully they'll show it later

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Kobe needs to start pretty soon if he's going for 82.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow, they actually passed up on him. That would've stopped the Bowen is old and needs to go thread. I only hope they had a good reason to take Barbosa and then trade him. Why didnt they keep him? him being babosa. was beno looking like a promising prospect?

i don't remember but i was wondering the same thing...maybe because they wanted to go after kidd? i don't know, maybe someone else can answer

Purple & Gold
Between Tracy "My Back Hurts" McGrady and Yao " My Legs Are Crippled" Ming, they'll win a championship. Bynum will be a beast. I think, and correct me if Im wrong, that the Lakers were ecstatic to take him at No. 10. What year was it, and did the Lakers really suck that bad that year?
2005 draft. This is his second year. He's only 19 and didn't play much of high school ball. So that's why everybody is so happy with his progress. Way above schedule. At the end of that year Odom got hurt (same shoulder) and they lost a lot of games at the end of the year. We were lucky Isiah didn't draft him. Or else we would have ended up with Channing Frye.

Nashfan
you can go choke on your own regurgitated excuses now...or alternately, pee in your pants at the prospect of matching up agains the mavs next week and bring your excuses with you, you'll need them....all of them.

What in the hell are you talking about? I was referring to Walton being activated, which I did not know and replied that he was probably rusty as hell. What is your problem? :donkey

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 09:39 PM

They drafted Barbosa FOR Phoenix. It was a pre-arranged deal, the Spurs didn't have any intention of drafting him for themselves.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Have I said what a sucky game this is?

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:42 PM
What in the hell are you talking about? I was referring to Walton being activated, which I did not know and replied that he was probably rusty as hell. What is your problem? :donkey

my problem is that you are little stupid suns fan who THOUGHT he was going to follow the mavs/lakers game and root for a mavs loss....

http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members1/233/123233/images/fire%20fuck%20you.jpg

ShoogarBear
03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
The only guy loving this shit more than Mav Fan:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0511/06/SPORT-06s05-shaq-911_368.jpg

efrem1
03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I just done with my dinner. Boy the Lakers blow big time. It ain't happening tonight. :(

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Have I said what a sucky game this is?

tune in tomorrow

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, apparently when Walton and Odom were playing before their injuries they knew where their sweet spots were. Kobe doesn't know how to play team ball on a regular basis. He is trying to take impossible shots and forcing everything which isn't working at all.
Again I'm asking you who are these players with sweet spots? You can't be talking about Kwame, Sasha, Evans, Smush. Or are you? Kobe is a bit of a ball hog no question about it. That's what happens when you're that good and you're not a PG. But to knock him for not passing the ball enough when half the team is out is laughable. Luke and Odom play the initiator role as well, so their role is to pass the ball more. And to be honest Kobe is not nearly the passer that Luke is and he's about the same as a passer as Odom is. That's why even though Luke sucks at defense we're getting killed without him.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:45 PM
my problem is that you are little stupid suns fan who THOUGHT he was going to follow the mavs/lakers game and root for a mavs loss....

http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members1/233/123233/images/fire%20fuck%20you.jpg

Not quite. :dramaquee I have enough intelligence to know that the Lakers did not stand a chance in hell to win tonight.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Again I'm asking you who are these players with sweet spots? You can't be talking about Kwame, Sasha, Evans, Smush. Or are you? Kobe is a bit of a ball hog no question about it. That's what happens when you're that good and you're not a PG. But to knock him for not passing the ball enough when half the team is out is laughable. Luke and Odom play the initiator role as well, so their role is to pass the ball more. And to be honest Kobe is not nearly the passer that Luke is and he's about the same as a passer as Odom is. That's why even though Luke sucks at defense we're getting killed without him.

I would assume that Walton and Odom would know since I think they rack up some assists. They play team ball.

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:49 PM

nashfan wants it both ways...his argument is that three players are out and his argument is that kobe is a ballhog and that's the reason they're losing

anyway, i do agree that kobe is a bit of a ballhog but he's greatly improved in that area, although, tonight is not really indicative of that because two of the guys he would normally pass to are out...i will say though, that i've seen vujacic play very good offense and there is no excuse for the bigs, they should be more productive, especially kwame who IMO has always been an underachiever.

SequSpur
03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
don't you all have something better to do? If you are bored with that, then try your other hand flipped over.. it really works...

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:50 PM
don't you all have something better to do? If you are bored with that, then try your other hand flipped over.. it really works...

?

davemaniscool
Mavs on a roll. When did Kwame come back?

ShoogarBear
What's the Lakers' biggest-ever home loss?

ponky
Mavs on a roll. When did Kwame come back?

not sure, at least a week or so, couple of games

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 09:51 PM
They drafted Barbosa FOR Phoenix. It was a pre-arranged deal, the Spurs didn't have any intention of drafting him for themselves.

What an odd thing to do.

Purple & Gold
I would assume that Walton and Odom would know since I think they rack up some assists. They play team ball.
Yeah because they get to pass the ball to Kobe. :lol

Also one player that has to be doubled is not nearly as effective as having 2 players on the court that commands a double. It's easier for role players to score. But come on now do I really have to explain this to you.

ponky

must be a lot bigger than this, otherwise the announcers would start talking about it

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
This game is pointless. As I've said before, 27 of the teams in the NBA SUCK against the Mavericks.

I see Dallas shooting a bunch of open jump shots. What's changed?

itzsoweezee
03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
the lakers are scoring now that mamba isn't ballhogging. maybe if he hadn't dug them in a big hole, the lakers could've made this game competitive.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
nashfan wants it both ways...his argument is that three players are out and his argument is that kobe is a ballhog and that's the reason they're losing

anyway, i do agree that kobe is a bit of a ballhog but he's greatly improved in that area, although, tonight is not really indicative of that because two of the guys he would normally pass to are out...i will say though, that i've seen vujacic play very good offense and there is no excuse for the bigs, they should be more productive, especially kwame who IMO has always been an underachiever.
Boy, you sure assume a lot. I do not think the Lakers could beat the Mavs with those players playing either. They are losing in part because Kobe is a ballhog, but they had no chance in hell of beating the Mavs under any circumstances.

efrem1
30-point deficit at home? Have the Lakers and Clippers merged? :drunk

boutons_
If Mavs are up 30 to start the 4th,
I wonder if AJ will try to run up the score,
teach Phil how to coach basketball.

ponky
What an odd thing to do.

this often happens with foreigners...spurs didn't know they were going to get barbosa when they traded the draft rights to the suns and regardless, they probably wouldn't have known much about barbosa when they drafted him

look at the bucks, they traded dirk away for tractor traylor :lol :lol :lol

ponky
03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Boy, you sure assume a lot. I do not think the Lakers could beat the Mavs with those players playing either. They are losing in part because Kobe is a ballhog, but they had no chance in hell of beating the Mavs under any circumstances.

this is definitely incorrect. why do you think there were two separate game threads started about this game...one by spurs fans?!?!?!

learn to follow something other than suns games, your ignorance is incredible

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
The difference between SA and Dallas: SA doesn't need its star player on the floor when they have a 30 point lead.

its 85-54, and Dirk is out there.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM

I've come to the conclusion that he knows very little about basketball and is just a Kobe hater. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Sasha is a great practice shooter and a pesky defender. He just happened to kill you guys that one game, not the usual type of game that he has. But I do like him as a bench player. He gives 110%.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
this is definitely incorrect. why do you think there were two separate game threads started about this game...one by spurs fans?!?!?!

learn to follow something other than suns games, your ignorance is incredible

What in the hell are you talking about? I just gave your team a compliment and you blast me with this??? :donkey

StylisticS
This game is pointless. As I've said before, 27 of the teams in the NBA SUCK against the Mavericks.

They are giving it to them. Just great execution on offense for the Mavs.

Laker fans, what to do with Smush. I know you guys are frustrated with him. But has this been going on for a while.

ponky
The difference between SA and Dallas: SA doesn't need its star player on the floor when they have a 30 point lead.

yeah, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that we've only played 3 games in ten days and have had a four day break before this game, no reason not to play dirk...he'll rest in the fourth, stay tuned

ponky
What in the hell are you talking about? I just gave your team a compliment and you blast me with this??? :donkey

yes

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Here's why: If Dirk is on the bench, the lead goes down to 10 points.

ponky

what's changed? you'll find out when the chameleons play you guys next month

Purple & Gold
I've seen worse than this. But that is a good question. For some reason I bet the answer is San Antonio.

aaronstampler

It's an edict from the owner. He wants to win Hollinger's love back.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:00 PM
yes

You are just a very bitter person then if you cannot accept a compliment about your team. :donkey

ponky

that explains why we won the two games without dirk this season, thanks genius

Purple & Gold
Laker fans, what to do with Smush. I know you guys are frustrated with him. But has this been going on for a while.
Way to long.

Kori Ellis
I can't say I mind the Lakers getting beat down, despite wanting Dallas to win initially.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
You are just a very bitter person then if you cannot accept a compliment about your team. :donkey

:lmao......not really

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't say I mind the Lakers getting beat down, despite wanting Dallas to win initially.

:wow :wow :wow...this explains why so many mavs fans hang out here, hehe :lol

efrem1
Well, nothing much more to say about this game. As Tor Johnson said in the Unearthly "Time for to go to bed." :sleep

Nashfan
:lmao......not really

Then you are just a punk or pyshco. :lol

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Then your are just a punk or pyshco. :lol

http://happycarpenter.blogs.com/the_happy_carpenter/images/hooked_on_phonics.jpg

davemaniscool
03-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, nothing much more to say about this game. As Tor Johnson said in the Unearthly "Time for to go to bed." :sleep

Time for bed? And miss this entertainment? :lol

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:05 PM
jesus christ, get that stat sheet about cuban off the screen, damn espn, not helping any

StylisticS
Way to long.

Yeah, he could be cut very soon if that doesn't change.

The_Worlds_finest
lakers blow...i thought they would put something together guess i was wrong

SAtown
Thank you NBA, for another Sunday with the Lakers.

ShoogarBear
Okay, talking about POS Cuban -> channel change.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:06 PM
http://happycarpenter.blogs.com/the_happy_carpenter/images/hooked_on_phonics.jpg

Whoops, did not spell psycho right! Big whoop! Guess you are perfect? :donkey

Tradition
03-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I just dont see this team losing again until they offically lock up the #1 seed. No way no how. Lakers are finished. :depressed :depressed Props to the Mavs. You guys are winning the title. No team in the west stands a chance against you guys. Just too hungry and just too fucking good.

davemaniscool
03-11-2007, 10:07 PM
It seems this year the league has had the smallest percentage of good teams. There's Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Spurs and Miami. Almost forgot about Utah.

The rest of the league sucks

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Whoops, did not spell psycho right! Big whoop! Guess you are perfect? :donkey

well, i AM a mavs fan...anyway it's cool, it's all just talk anyway, at least i haven't called you any names :) (i think) :lol :lol :lol

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, he could be cut very soon if that doesn't change.
His contract is up at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind so much if he was coming off the bench, but he starts.

And for all the Spurs fans talking about Barbosa, all I heard about him before the draft was that he was a super quick PG that would go to the Lakers if he was still there. And we ended up drafting Cook. :dizzy

davemaniscool
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Why didn't you guys tell me that "Geraldo at Large" was on right now. Couldn't be any worse than this game.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
well, i AM a mavs fan...anyway it's cool, it's all just talk anyway, at least i haven't called you any names :) (i think) :lol :lol :lol

You should learn how to take a compliment about your team though because you are not going to get many from Suns fans. Instead you make fun of people about spelling mistakes, etc. Probably should look at some of your own posts for spelling errors if you are the spelling police. I sometimes type too fast and I am trying to watch the game. :lol

StylisticS
It seems this year the league has had the smallest percentage of good teams. There's Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Spurs and Miami. Almost forgot about Utah.

Well Cleveland and Chicago is still talented enough to come out the east and Toronto is on the rise. But yeah, you're basically right.

ponky

yup, you just about covered it...of course, there have been way too many lengthy injuries that have taken lots of players out...chris paul, pau gasol, jason richardson, dwayne wade, yao ming, luke walton and lamar odom, ray allen, carmelo anthony (suspension), shaq, richard jefferson, etc etc etc....but this isn't the only reason, lots of teams suck for other reasons

Kermit
03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
so, i see that the lakers brought knives to a gun fight.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
so, i see that the lakers brought knives to a gun fight.

I think they brought spoons.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
You should learn how to take a compliment about your team though because you are not going to get many from Suns fans. Instead you make fun of people about spelling mistakes, etc. Probably should look at some of your own posts for spelling errors if you are the spelling police. I sometimes type too fast and I am trying to watch the game. :lol

nah, i could care less about suns fans, except for amare_32 who is always very complimentary...and i like ronmexico ok even though he's a whiner at times.

lol at you making a big deal out of the spelling correction, so sensitive about everything...like purple and gold noted, you don't know much about basketballl

davemaniscool
Well Cleveland and Chicago is still talented enough to come out the east and Toronto is on the rise. But yeah, you're basically right.

Good catch...I forgot about Chicago. I do like to watch them play. Haven't watched Toronto this year but I like Chris Bosh' game. Lebron is fun to watch although he has an ugly jumpshot.

ShoogarBear
They could at least have found some sporks.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I think they brought spoons.
:lmao

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
nah, i could care less about suns fans, except for amare_32 who is always very complimentary...and i like ronmexico ok even though he's a whiner at times.

lol at you making a big deal out of the spelling correction, so sensitive about everything...like purple and gold noted, you don't know much about basketballl

Like you do? :lol Here you go with the insults again. :donkey

Kermit
03-11-2007, 10:17 PM
They could at least have found some sporks.
oh, the spork. invented by taco bell in 1654 to make enjoyable the delicious mexican pizza.

ShoogarBear
This isn't by a long shot the worst it's been in terms of number of teams that could win the title.

Throughout the 80s, the only teams with a shot were Boston, Philadelphia, and LA. Houston was the only interloper that snuck in a couple of times.

1Parker1
Why is Kobe back in?

aaronstampler
03-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Mavs fans just take after their owner. Classless in victory, whiny excuse-making bitches in defeat.

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM

Hmmm, let's see, I'm not bright because I think that Kobe can single-handedly beat the Mavs team?

Wasn't he the same guy that outscored the Mavs last season something like 64-63 through 3 quarters? :rolleyes

Nashfan
Mavs fans just take after their owner. Classless in victory, whiny excuse-making bitches in defeat.

True, very true! :lol

ponky
Like you do? :lol Here you go with the insults again. :donkey

like i do what? what's with an emoticon on everything you post? gay. anyway, look forward to more insults whenever you seek to root for a mavs loss. i'm done with you for tonight.

YAY, BAREA IS IN THE GAME AND POP MENSAH-BONSU!!!!!

SAtown
03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, let's see, I'm not bright because I think that Kobe can single-handedly beat the Mavs team?

Wasn't he the same guy that outscored the Mavs last season something like 64-63 through 3 quarters? :rolleyes

Damn, is that really true?

Nashfan

This is a different Mavs team than last year. :lol

ponky

wtf are you talking about?

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Damn, is that really true?

yes...it was just fortunate for the mavs that he did an even better job against the raptors

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Yesssssssssss!!!! Pops!!!!

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
like i do what? what's with an emoticon on everything you post? gay. anyway, look forward to more insults whenever you seek to root for a mavs loss. i'm done with you for tonight.

YAY, BAREA IS IN THE GAME AND POP MENSAH-BONSU!!!!!

God, I guess you cannot read. What is up with your photoshop pictures when you get mad? I did not root for the Mavs to lose tonight. Don't know where you got that from any of my posts tonight. Yeah, run away like you always do when you don't win your arguement.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM

dirk has sat out since the last minute of the third quarter...mavs are up by 34 points with about two minutes left in the fourth

1Parker1
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
This is a different Mavs team than last year. :lol

Hmmm, let's see: Starters: Dirk, Terry, Howard, Diop/Dampier, Harris....yea I can't say this is a much different Mavs team. :rolleyes

Kermit
where is "fan man" when you need him?

1Parker1
yes...it was just fortunate for the mavs that he did an even better job against the raptors

:lol True. That's probably why people don't remember it.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
God, I guess you cannot read. What is up with your photoshop pictures when you get mad? I did not root for the Mavs to lose tonight. Don't know where you got that from any of my posts tonight. Yeah, run away like you always do when you don't win your arguement.

i'm not running away...what is this fifth grade? i'm just focusing on the win, why would i be mad because one suns fan came in here and started babbling...let's see a lakers fan, a mavs fan AND a spurs fan have all disagreed with your nonsense, go figure

Purple & Gold
I think the game against Dallas was more impressive. To outscore a team through 3 quarters had never been done before. Dallas was also a much better team.

Nashfan
Hmmm, let's see: Starters: Dirk, Terry, Howard, Diop/Dampier, Harris....yea I can't say this is a much different Mavs team. :rolleyes

I personally think they are a deeper team than last year with George and Buckner and Croshere. :lol Plus a much hungrier team!

adrienne
03-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Same players.

Different team.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:26 PM
:lol True. That's probably why people don't remember it.

haha, lakers have owned us quite spectacularly several times...i still remember the 25 point lead we had in the third (or 4th?) and how kobe and co. came back and won big

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
i'm not running away...what is this fifth grade? i'm just focusing on the win, why would i be mad because one suns fan came in here and started babbling...let's see a lakers fan, a mavs fan AND a spurs fan have all disagreed with your nonsense, go figure

Guess you must be in the fifth grade since you started throwing the insults out there. You seem to throw quite a few out to quite a few people, not just me. If someone does not agree with you the insults come out.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
D-LEAGUE MVP D-LEAGUE MVP, D-LEAGUE MVP

haha, just kidding

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Guess you must be in the fifth grade since you started throwing the insults out there. You seem to throw quite a few out to quite a few people, not just me. If someone does not agree with you the insults come out.

actually, i rarely throw out the insults, you must be the exception

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
another record broken! doesn't matter, just mentioning because i'm mavericks deprived with all the time off

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 10:30 PM
What's with Mavs fans and Suns fans always turning regular threads into junior high crap?

Come on, now.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:30 PM
actually, they don't, you must be the exception
No, I don't think so. I have seen Spur fans disagree with you and actually insult you back so don't pretend it doesn't happen.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
What's with Mavs fans and Suns fans always turning regular threads into junior high crap?

Come on, now.

:oops heh, sorry...i'll try to ignore nashfan from now on, he's the only one that i can't stand on the board

Kori Ellis
No, I don't think so. I have seen Spur fans disagree with you and actually insult you back so don't pretend it doesn't happen.

All I hear from you two in my brain is "I know you are, but what am I?"

Hush.

adrienne
I should feel a little bad for the Lakers, but I just flash back to the 27-point collapse, and the Malone elbow to Nash's mouth (and the replay at Staples next time they played), and it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside.

Nashfan
another record broken! doesn't matter, just mentioning because i'm mavericks deprived with all the time off

Seriously, congratulations. Your team has been quite impressive. Tonight was no exception.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:32 PM
All I hear from you two in my brain is "I know you are, but what am I?"

Hush.

:lol :lol :lol it's been FOUR DAYS since my mavs have played, it's like letting a rabid dog out of a cage!

BUMP
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I have seen Spurs fans disagree with you and actually insult you

Spur fan insult Mav fan??

no way

Kori Ellis
:lol :lol :lol it's been FOUR DAYS since my mavs have played, it's like letting a rabid dog out of a cage!

:lol

ponky
I should feel a little bad for the Lakers, but I just flash back to the 27-point collapse, and the Malone elbow to Nash's mouth (and the replay at Staples next time they played), and it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside.

:lol meanie

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
That comeback was also a great game. But not as great as the one against Portland.

Nashfan
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Spur fan insult Mav fan??

no way

Yeah, I know, hard to believe. :lol

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Been looking for a chance to throw that one in.

ponky
03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Been looking for a chance to throw that one in.

well, now i can go back to rooting for the lakers to do well! it's a good thing odom is going to be coming back this season

Budkin
03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Props to the Mavs. As much as I dislike them due to our rivalry, I'll always hate the Lakers more. I still can't wait for the playoffs.

Purple & Gold
03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
well, now i can go back to rooting for the lakers to do well! it's a good thing odom is going to be coming back this season
Yeah I knew it wouldn't be too bad. He finished the game so I figured he just needed some time off. I just hope nobody else gets hurt and we have time to jell before the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
It's not that Dallas is brilliant. It's that most NBA teams suck.

dg7md
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
It's not that Dallas is brilliant. It's that most NBA teams suck.

Quit that shit. Dallas is a very good team in a league filled with a lot of very, very good teams. It's just that the really good teams totally overshadow the rest of the league and makes them look terrible.

Every team in the league would beat any college team and I'd say a very good portion of FIBA teams. Not all, but some.

Shank
03-11-2007, 10:53 PM

I still want to know what this was about.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-11-2007, 11:15 PM
And I still want to know what one snowman said to the other snowman.

Shank
03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Is that from Lost?

THE SIXTH MAN
03-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Is that from Lost?
I don't know, but Doghouse MD has it in his sig.

regio
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
And I still want to know what one snowman said to the other snowman.

SpursDynasty
03-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Quit that shit. Dallas is a very good team in a league filled with a lot of very, very good teams. It's just that the really good teams totally overshadow the rest of the league and makes them look terrible.

Every team in the league would beat any college team and I'd say a very good portion of FIBA teams. Not all, but some.

Admit it, the NBA has no watchable teams outside of Dallas, SA, Phoenix and Utah.

And of course they'd beat college teams, they're professional players.

Or so we'd like to think. Not based on how everyone plays now.

I'm still not impressed by Dallas.

TheBlueVan
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
but DAMN those spurs are awesome arent they spursdynasty? theyve won like what, 12 games in a row?!? arent they first in their division too... oh wait, i mean

i'll go ahead and pencil in your replies
- spurs 3, mavs 0
-#1 in hollinger!

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I still want to know what this was about.

I believe it is saying that Mark Cuban is a sore winner, or that, he shows no qualities of a good winner i.e, shaking the hand, saying congrats, etc.

And that when he loses, he becomes a sore loser, whiny, bitchy, making up excuse after excuse of how his team lost, and that it was not from a lack of talent, or that the other team was better.

Thats my opinion.

Pugglekicker_21
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
but DAMN those spurs are awesome arent they spursdynasty? theyve won like what, 12 games in a row?!? arent they first in their division too... oh wait, i mean

- spurs 3, mavs 0
-#1 in hollinger!

THanks for posting what everyone was about to.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:00 AM

- spurs 3, mavs 0
-#1 in hollinger!
Then I'll pencil in yours

-We're first in the division.

Oh wait...

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
For as much as they complain about it, I've been noticing that they bring it up more than spurs fans do.

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:03 AM
meh, whatever. its just fun to watch the big streaks. im glad y'all finally got going, this rivalry is way to good to not have two fantastic teams

btw, i bought some rogaine for ginobili. where van i give it to him?

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
For as much as they complain about it, I've been noticing that they bring it up more than spurs fans do.

umm thats because that was the only reply offered during y'alls 10-10 slump a couple of weeks ago

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:10 AM
umm thats because that was the only reply offered during y'alls 10-10 slump a couple of weeks ago
Quit living in the past.

Pugglekicker_21
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I get that all the time from Mavs fans.

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Quit living in the past.

hahahahahahahaha, this from a fan of the organization that trails the streaking mavs by 9 games in the loss column

surely you realize the irony? dont you? its so thick i can taste it

you can get back in your time machine and go back to 1999

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
i hope that after your little past "quote" you will NEVER EVER AGAIN use the spurs championships as an argument for ANYTHING

dav4463
03-12-2007, 12:18 AM
I believe it is saying that Mark Cuban is a sore winner, or that, he shows no qualities of a good winner i.e, shaking the hand, saying congrats, etc.

And that when he loses, he becomes a sore loser, whiny, bitchy, making up excuse after excuse of how his team lost, and that it was not from a lack of talent, or that the other team was better.

Thats my opinion.

Your opinion is correct. He is exactly like all the rich asswipes who come watch their kids play in youth basketball games. The rich ones are always the ones that berate the officials and generally act like an ass for the whole game. The mavericks are like his kids and since he is so rich, he thinks the world should kiss his butt.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
hahahahahahahaha, this from a fan of the organization that trails the streaking mavs by 9 games in the loss column

surely you realize the irony? dont you? its so thick i can taste it

you can get back in your time machine and go back to 1999
:lol Why are you so obsessed with the spurs championships, you keep on bringing them up, not me. And I'm not sure that's irony your tasting. As for leading the division, congrats. :toast

THE SIXTH MAN
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
i hope that after your little past "quote" you will NEVER EVER AGAIN use the spurs championships as an argument for ANYTHING
Who's bringing them up? Quit being delusional. :lol

TheBlueVan
03-12-2007, 12:23 AM
:lol Why are you so obsessed with the spurs championships, you keep on bringing them up, not me. And I'm not sure that's irony your tasting. As for leading the division, congrats. :toast

maybe because after all the years of looking up to you guys we're finally starting to get the upper hand a bit.

also, it just gets kind of irritating to see that as a reply you know? especially when a good debate will be going and someone just comes and takes a big "3 championships" crap on it, and the whole thing just devolves into arguing

Clutch20
03-12-2007, 12:24 AM
And I ain't saying nothing other than it was a great day if you are a Spurs fan basking in the warm afterglow of postgame thoughts but if you're a DalMavs fan you've had to dodge piles of rust on the way to patting your boy's on their backs.
Great win on your part though, no amount of rust stopped y'all today!

ShoogarBear
03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
you can get back in your time machine and go back to 1999Back when none of you Mav Fans existed.

T Park
03-12-2007, 02:01 AM
back when the mavericks relied on the greatness of shawn bradley, dallas comegies, and Mike Izzulino.

tiga
03-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Its weird. When Nash left the Mavs, both got better

The Mavs didn't get better when Nash left...
They did when Finley left ! And now Finley is in... crap

aaronstampler
03-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Your opinion is correct. He is exactly like all the rich asswipes who come watch their kids play in youth basketball games. The rich ones are always the ones that berate the officials and generally act like an ass for the whole game. The mavericks are like his kids and since he is so rich, he thinks the world should kiss his butt.

Bingo. Cuban has created this whole culture in Dallas. The announcers have to be blatant homers, whining at every whistle, the fans are to show no respect to the opposing team, even when ex-Mavs are on the team, and every time you lose a game it was a conspiracy.

What I can't stand about Cuban and Mavs fans is this: After Game 7 ended, Cuban admitted both in interviews and in his blog that the Mavs got a ton of breaks from the refs, especially in Games 3 and 4. I mean it was really obvious stuff. Go check his blogmaverick archives if you want. So if he's comfortable with getting favoritism for the refs in one instance, why is he so upset about it when it works against him in the Finals? Why is it "wrong" then?

And riddle me this. What reason did Stern possibly have to tell the refs to make a complete 180 degree turn on how they were officiating after Game 2 of the Finals? Why did all the calls go against the Mavs so suddenly? What happened between Games 2 and 3 that could have possibly angered Stern so much?

Oh I don't know. I'm sure that Letterman interview where Mark acted like they'd already won the championship and took cheap shots at both Pat Riley and Steve Nash was perfectly normal behavior for a decent human being. Just like telling Bruce Bowen "to go fuck himself" is perfectly normal.

To this day Cuban won't admit he made a grave mistake during those Finals, not only with his Letterman comments but in his behavior afterward. He never apologized for anything he said or did.

And at the end of the day, that's why Spurs fans can't stand Cuban. He's got so much money he never has to apologize. He'll pay the fines, he just doesn't give a shit. He's too immature to admit he's ever wrong.

The NBA is a league and every team is trying to win, but it's a brotherhood too and both the players and the owners have to look out for each other. When one guy takes the attitude where other owners and teams and players don't deserve any respect, that's just a slippery slope to mutiny from your business partners.

The guy says the Spurs are his business model for how they play basketball, but all the little things that make the Spurs what they are, the character, the sportsmanship, not whining to the media about the refs, Cuban doesn't care about any of that. The guy has gone on the record as saying if it was up to him players could use whatever performance enhancers they wanted and that fans shouldn't care about what off the court behavior/criminal records athletes have. Sorry, I don't find that attitude very respectable or commendable.

Dalhoop
03-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Bingo. Cuban has created this whole culture in Dallas. The announcers have to be blatant homers, whining at every whistle, the fans are to show no respect to the opposing team, even when ex-Mavs are on the team, and every time you lose a game it was a conspiracy.

This is not new to sports, not by a long shot. Blatant homer announcers, what team doesn't? The fans and respect? Have you ever seen a Yankee's - Socks game?

Go check his blogmaverick archives if you want. So if he's comfortable with getting favoritism for the refs in one instance, why is he so upset about it when it works against him in the Finals? Why is it "wrong" then?

You read his blog ... You must not hate him that much. A fan of a team knows when they get calls and when they don't, I have never seen a thread on the board complaining about when Duncan gets a call and there shouldn't have been. At least not one started by a Spurs fan .... Do you know why? Because you look at the games from the opposite camp. Nothing wrong with that, Its what fans do.

And riddle me this. What reason did Stern possibly have to tell the refs to make a complete 180 degree turn on how they were officiating after Game 2 of the Finals?

Its call home court. "The home team gets the friendly whistles" ... No great secret there.

The guy says the Spurs are his business model for how they play basketball, but all the little things that make the Spurs what they are, the character, the sportsmanship, not whining to the media about the refs, Cuban doesn't care about any of that

"How they PLAY basketball". The things you mention have nothing to do with that.

The guy has gone on the record as saying if it was up to him players could use whatever performance enhancers they wanted and that fans shouldn't care about what off the court behavior/criminal records athletes have. Sorry, I don't find that attitude very respectable or commendable.

You should explain the context of that statement. His reasoning was simple. "They are doing it anyway, why only penalize the ones that don't excellel at it"

Take the Tour De France, drugs are a problem in the sport, nobody can deny that. Lance won 6 of then and was tested EVERY DAY ... He never failed a test.

Now if you test his samples from the past by todays standards, he would (and has) fail the drug tests. But thats by todays standards, what he was doing at the time was legal.

Steroids are big business, don't fool yourself. There are scientist that are payed to "beat the system" this year then come out with another formula to work under next years rules.

Thats not to say that it is right, it is to say that it IS happening everyday. Now should a fan care? .... Yes, but do they? No.

There are exceptions, but look at Bonds .... He is still in the league and about to break a MAJOR record ... Shouldn't he be booted? but then he wouldn't sell tickets for his sorry team.

Look at Artest, To my knowledge he has the biggest rap sheet in the NBA, has he been booted from the League? No, talent talks and everything else walks. Kidd beats his wife ... Talent talks .. Everything else walks.

Sense you read his Blog, go back and read it again to see what he was talking about when he said those things. Taking bits here and there is where Cuban gets a bad rap from the world, try reading the WHOLE thing, that way you can make up your mind for yourself.

I know ... "But he diss'ed the riverwalk". So what, your in the rival team, he isn't going to say anything good about SA. Its called building a rivalry

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 08:34 AM
The Mavs struggles @ the Lakers historically...nice to see them crush a Lakers team that shouldn't be able to compete with them at all...

:lol :lol

:lol :lol Good call!!!

Clutch20
03-12-2007, 09:21 AM
This is not new to sports, not by a long shot. Blatant homer announcers, what team doesn't? The fans and respect? Have you ever seen a Yankee's - Socks game?

You read his blog ... You must not hate him that much. A fan of a team knows when they get calls and when they don't, I have never seen a thread on the board complaining about when Duncan gets a call and there shouldn't have been. At least not one started by a Spurs fan .... Do you know why? Because you look at the games from the opposite camp. Nothing wrong with that, Its what fans do.

Its call home court. "The home team gets the friendly whistles" ... No great secret there.

"How they PLAY basketball". The things you mention have nothing to do with that.

You should explain the context of that statement. His reasoning was simple. "They are doing it anyway, why only penalize the ones that don't excellel at it"

Take the Tour De France, drugs are a problem in the sport, nobody can deny that. Lance won 6 of then and was tested EVERY DAY ... He never failed a test.

Now if you test his samples from the past by todays standards, he would (and has) fail the drug tests. But thats by todays standards, what he was doing at the time was legal.

Steroids are big business, don't fool yourself. There are scientist that are payed to "beat the system" this year then come out with another formula to work under next years rules.

Thats not to say that it is right, it is to say that it IS happening everyday. Now should a fan care? .... Yes, but do they? No.

There are exceptions, but look at Bonds .... He is still in the league and about to break a MAJOR record ... Shouldn't he be booted? but then he wouldn't sell tickets for his sorry team.

Look at Artest, To my knowledge he has the biggest rap sheet in the NBA, has he been booted from the League? No, talent talks and everything else walks. Kidd beats his wife ... Talent talks .. Everything else walks.

Sense you read his Blog, go back and read it again to see what he was talking about when he said those things. Taking bits here and there is where Cuban gets a bad rap from the world, try reading the WHOLE thing, that way you can make up your mind for yourself.

I know ... "But he diss'ed the riverwalk". So what, your in the rival team, he isn't going to say anything good about SA. Its called building a rivalry
Dissecting another's analysis with your own personal slant runs the risk of showing your true colors and personal take on the current stronghold that permissiveness has on sports today. That permissiveness and all the lesser desirable qualitities sooner or later find their way onto the team; "since this ocurred, then it's okay cause so and so are doing it" and past practices and precedents give credence to whatever is currently Artest/(or Tinsley)-(fill in blank), (fill in blank), (fill in blank), (fill in blank), and others are doing, and or because team X is doing it, so it's ok....... tsk, tsk, tsk. And then after isolating contentions made by aaronstampler you, diametrically, contradict your dissection ploy by telling your intended target "try reading the WHOLE thing," which in essence is commensurate with taking the proverbial finger and flickin' the whole house of cards down, right at the end of your snip and snipe.
I already knew what was about to happen, what aaronstampler was about to step on, but I'm sure he'll avoid the excrement in the future now that he's familiar with the scent.

Clutch20
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
The Mavs struggles @ the Lakers historically...nice to see them crush a Lakers team that shouldn't be able to compete with them at all...

:lol :lol

:lol :lol Good call!!!
Hi leonard!
Have you ever been dissected?
Wait 'till the playoff's!!!
!WOOF!

LEONARD
03-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi leonard!
Have you ever been dissected?
Wait 'till the playoff's!!!
!WOOF!

mabber
03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
This isn't by a long shot the worst it's been in terms of number of teams that could win the title.

Throughout the 80s, the only teams with a shot were Boston, Philadelphia, and LA. Houston was the only interloper that snuck in a couple of times.

76ers

ShoogarBear
03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
76ersYes, I wasn't referring to the Philadelphia Warriors.

mabber
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, I wasn't referring to the Philadelphia Warriors.

Didn't see Phily in your initial post...my bad.

ShoogarBear
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
:lol, no prob.

ShoogarBear
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
BTW I don't know if this ever got answered, but I heard that yes, this was the worst home loss by the Lakers since they moved to LA.

RussN
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM

You want the best team to win so you can run out and get a new hat or t-shirt with the best team of the time on it. It is a complement to be a "homer". That means you are a real fan, not a bandwagoner. I bet you were a Bulls fan, then a Lakers fan, now a Mavs fan... Oh yea, That's right, I saw you at the Spurs game a couple of years ago with that Kobe jersey on.