PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant vs. Vince Young

timvp
03-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Who would go down in UT lore as the greatest chode destroyer if Durant is able to lead UT to a championship?

Young or Durant?

Question.

TheTruth
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Chris Mihm.

T-Pain
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM
i still gotta go with VY unless Durant pulls some sort of spectacular last second miricle to win the national championship

Kermit
03-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Who would go down in UT lore as the greatest chode destroyer if Durant is able to lead UT to a championship?

Young or Durant?

Question.
the bigger question is, who would've thought 5 years ago that two ncaa athletes from texas would be considered two of the greatest ever in their sport? that's a mind-fuck right there.

Pugglekicker_21
03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
i believe it would go to Kevin Durant, because Vince Young had the help of a senior laden team, and he had something USC didnt have: determination to show that he deserved the Heisman, that he was the best played that year. Durant is undoubtedly the best this year, and so in theory has nothing going for him in that kinda way. He is also the best on a team whose starting lineup consists of 4 freshmen, including him, and a soph. So if Kevin also leads his team to a national championship, which is unlikely in most everybody's mind except his and maybe the UT campus, because of how they lost to Kansas today, and how thats the type of competion they'll face as they progress depper into the brackets, then he will maybe not surpass vince Young, who basically played a game of football between him and 11 Trojans, but he will be up there with him.

Everyone draws comparisions to Melo, but the difference is that Melo had senior help with Syracuse's title run in 03'. Durant has himself, and his skills. It'd take an extrodinary effort. I'd be impressed if he led them to the regional final, which would be against a monster powerhouse, the University of North Carolina. Durant is 6-9, but he'd play David in that matchup, to UNC's Goliath.

Horry For 3!
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I would have to go with Kevin Durant because March Madness is a lot harder than a bowl game. You have to win 5 games to win it all. In football, you only have to win the bowl game. Also, Durant is a freshman and the UT team is mainly all freshman.

So Durant would be my pick.

Holmes_Fans
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
If Durant wins it all then him. I think VY will always be remembered more though just because football is the most popular sport in Texas, unless Durant stays a year and tries to win it again.

Pugglekicker_21
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
But Kevin wont do that because he'll pull a Melo, the bad one, and enter the draft.

Kermit
03-12-2007, 12:27 AM
But Kevin wont do that because he'll pull a Melo, the bad one, and enter the draft.
how is it a bad thing for kevin to enter the draft? he should be in the nba already.

KewlKat00
03-12-2007, 01:06 AM
I would have to go with Kevin Durant because March Madness is a lot harder than a bowl game. You have to win 5 games to win it all. In football, you only have to win the bowl game. Also, Durant is a freshman and the UT team is mainly all freshman.

So Durant would be my pick.

i would actually agree with all of the above. but football is king in texas so i don't know.

Horry For 3!
03-12-2007, 01:56 AM
i would actually agree with all of the above. but football is king in texas so i don't know.
Yeah, it is the sport here but doesn't matter on my decision. It is goin to be hard as hell for Texas to win it all.

2centsworth
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Durant, because there's no way in the world UT should win the Tournament. It would be a freagin miracle.

Vince helped the football team get over the hump.

RonMexico
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Does Durant even have to win it? He's already #1 in my book and I'm an Aggie fan.

johngateswhiteley
03-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Does Durant even have to win it? He's already #1 in my book and I'm an Aggie fan.

meh, he's OK. i'd rather have Michael Jordan.

tlongII
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
It's a stupid question since Texas won't make it past the Sweet 16.

monosylab1k
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Vince Young, no question. His championship game performance was the greatest individual performance in college football history, given all the factors involved. Especially because ESPN had already been writing articles about the USC dynasty and how, after they won, they'd be the greatest college football team in history.

Unless Durant takes UT to the championship game and drops 50 on Ohio State, administers a facial on Oden, and hits the game-winning three pointer, he won't come close.

johngateswhiteley
03-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Vince Young, no question. His championship game performance was the greatest individual performance in college football history, given all the factors involved. Especially because ESPN had already been writing articles about the USC dynasty and how, after they won, they'd be the greatest college football team in history.

Unless Durant takes UT to the championship game and drops 50 on Ohio State, administers a facial on Oden, and hits the game-winning three pointer, he won't come close.

i agree with that more than anything else thats been said.

monosylab1k
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Actually, they can't play Ohio State in the championship game, they'd play them the game before if they both made the final four. So replace Ohio State with Florida and Oden with Noah.

Ballcox
03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
^I can't even begin to be rational about this question. I'll go ahead and say it, I love Vince Young. I'm married and have 3 kids but there will always be a place in my heart for VY, that's just being honest.

So, he'll always be my favorite even if Durant leads the basketball team to a NC.

I guess it relates to being a season ticket holder and having seen Vince develop his game over time. Watched him play every snap (home games) in his time at Texas, just feel more connected to him overall. Durant is a great kid, but he'll most likely be gone after one damn season. Just don't feel as connected to him.

Pugglekicker_21
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM
how is it a bad thing for kevin to enter the draft? he should be in the nba already.

I never meant it as a bad thing. There was two sides to Melo, the one that won the NC as a freshman, and was the toast of the college B ball world. Then there was, in Syracuse fans eyes, the bad one, where he opted out after one season and bolted to the NBA. Im not saying it was the wrong decision, look at him now, but it was dissapointing to SU fans that he left so early.

mookie2001
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM

Young or Durant?

Question.greatest "chode destroyer" would have to be young, because usc were chodes, i cant imagine texas facing a team in the tournament that has bigger chodes than matt leinart, pete carroll, reggie bush, ting brothers and nick lachaye

I also thing that people forget that before the rose bowl, ESPN ran a 4 week 20 part series declaring the 06 USC team the greatest team of all time

also i wouldnt say a national championship is more difficult in basketball, just harder to pull off of because of the luck involved

texas football was dominating all year even before the season you could tell there was like a 80% chance they would make the title game

the basketball team is fucked unless augustine returns to normal, if they can rebound they can win 6 games in a row, its just not likely

almost every year there is a clear #1 player in the country like durant the team makes the final four on the regular with durant you have to like the odds

KewlKat00
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it is the sport here but doesn't matter on my decision. It is goin to be hard as hell for Texas to win it all.

to make it thru the east, he would need a bunch of great performances. it will be interesting to say the least. football is my favorite, but you can't argue with the fun of march madness.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I would say Vince Young is the greatest chode destroyer, chode bloader....plus he stayed till junior year.....

But Durant will definitely be youngest chode destroyer in all UT history if we can somehow pull off the miracle.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
:lol dammit mookie you're too accurate

but seriously, by definition, the ultimate chode destroyer is one who destroys the ultimate chodes....and there were no bigger stinkier uglier chodes than that USC team. The espn specials were fucking OBSCENE, and who can forget Keith Jackson's first funny comment of the game "Mistah Huff: meet--Mistah BUSH!"
It was as if the announcers thought they were there just to celebrate USC's inevitable victory.
One game gets hyped cuz of the amount of time people had to hype up the matchup....if Durant runs the table, he will be remembered and revered but it just doesn't build up the opposing chode strong enough to declare him the best chode destroyer.

BeerIsGood!
03-14-2007, 01:19 AM
:lol dammit mookie you're too accurate

but seriously, by definition, the ultimate chode destroyer is one who destroys the ultimate chodes....and there were no bigger stinkier uglier chodes than that USC team. The espn specials were fucking OBSCENE, and who can forget Keith Jackson's first funny comment of the game "Mistah Huff: meet--Mistah BUSH!"
It was as if the announcers thought they were there just to celebrate USC's inevitable victory.
One game gets hyped cuz of the amount of time people had to hype up the matchup....if Durant runs the table, he will be remembered and revered but it just doesn't build up the opposing chode strong enough to declare him the best chode destroyer.

Matt Leinart by himself is a bigger chode than the entire roster of every team that Durant and the Longhorns have played or will play this season put together. When you get your ass beat in your own back yard after being declared the greatest of all time - and you still say your team was the better team? That's a chode of historic proportions that will probably never again be equaled in this galaxy.

word
03-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Lets see. VY two Rose Bowl MVP's. Rose Bowl record for total offense by one player. Breaks the OU 5 game winning streak in the Cotton Bowl....

" 4th and 5, the national championship on the line right here ...."

Enough said.

dallaskd
03-15-2007, 09:01 PM
gotta go with VY.

word
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Not to mention Roger Clemens is the greatest pitcher in the history of MLB, bar none.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Well so far durant is playing like a big stinky twat so the point is moot. I hate the 3 point line.