PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sighting

cornbread
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I usually don't post Spurs sightings but this was too cool. My girlfriend and I went to the Best Buy at 410 and San Pedro and were pleasantly suprised to see Melvin Ely shopping around. We told him "Welcome to San Antonio" and he thanked us. After the giddiness died down, we realized that Best Buy did not have what we were looking for so we went to the location at I-10 and 1604. BTW, Melvin is enormous. Not fat enormous, just a massive dude and very friendly.

We walk in and the first thing we see is Tony Parker. We didn't bug him because people were already all over him. Tony was happily taking pictures and signing autographs. So that's the story. Two Best Buys, two Spurs, one day.

MoSpur
03-12-2007, 04:38 PM
At the new shopping center where the Palladium?

cornbread
03-12-2007, 04:40 PM
At the new shopping center where the Palladium?

That's the one. The girl who was helping us with our purchase said that Tony, Manu, Tim, D-Rob and others are regulars in there. I'm going to start planning my Best Buy trips on the days that the Spurs are off. ;)

mardigan
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Totally sweet Colin, when you told me this earlier I almost posted it for you, still think you should have challenged Ely to a one on one competition

Kori Ellis
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Funny that you saw them at two different Best Buy's.

I have seen a lot of Spurs at the Best Buy at 410 and San Pedro in the past few years.

SAtown
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
That's the one. The girl who was helping us with our purchase said that Tony, Manu, Tim, D-Rob and others are regulars in there. I'm going to start planning my Best Buy trips on the days that the Spurs are off. ;)

I've seen Timmy buying some videogames there before.

cornbread
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Totally sweet Colin, when you told me this earlier I almost posted it for you, still think you should have challenged Ely to a one on one competition

Haha. I figured you might. Seriously though, the guy is HUGE and dressed kinda gangsta. I wouldn't even challenge him to a thumbwrestling match.

MoSpur
03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Beno has been spotted a few times at Best Buy by North Star.

kskonn
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Funny that you saw them at two different Best Buy's.

I have seen a lot of Spurs at the Best Buy at 410 and San Pedro in the past few years.

Yea I am at the best buy at 410 quite a bit and I use to see Rasho there a lot. One time he heard me and a friend of mine talking about a video game and he came over and asked of us if he should buy the game.It was odd when he asked because I had my back to him, when I turned around He was standing about one foot from me, he is a very quiet walker. It reminded of that seinfeld episode where the guy would keep coming up behind elaine.

Solid D
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Beno has been spotted a few times at Best Buy by North Star.

I would think you could find Beno at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Despot
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
What is it wih the Spurs and Best Buy??? I've always heard this kind of stuff. Do they give the players stipends to shop there or something?

Only time I ever saw a Spur out shopping was at CompUSA, It was David back when he was still playing, it was odd because noone bothered him at all, but everyone around the store was talking and making a fuss about it.

Phenomanul
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM

:lol :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM

:lmao

LilMissSPURfect
03-12-2007, 07:02 PM

2funny :lol :lol :lol

angel_luv
03-12-2007, 07:56 PM
That is too cool that you saw Ely and Tony. How fun. :)

angel_luv
03-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Yea I am at the best buy at 410 quite a bit and I use to see Rasho there a lot. One time he heard me and a friend of mine talking about a video game and he came over and asked of us if he should buy the game.It was odd when he asked because I had my back to him, when I turned around He was standing about one foot from me, he is a very quiet walker. It reminded of that seinfeld episode where the guy would keep coming up behind elaine.

Now you tell me. :lol

That's so wrong!
:lol

SequSpur
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I saw Beno at the Coach store in San Marcos last week.

aaronstampler
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I saw Beno at the Coach store in San Marcos last week.

Where do you usually hang out, at the toilet store?

jman3000
03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I remember I saw Tony during his rookie season at the Best Buy on 410 and San Pedro... it might have been the one at the forum though... I can't recall. The thing I do remember is that nobody was around him... in stark contrast to nowadays and that he was reading the description on the back of roller coaster tycoon :lol

Tim Duncan
03-12-2007, 08:58 PM
im usually at Victoria's Secret

RC's Boss
03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
im usually at Victoria's Secret
That's where Beno gets his thongs

Shelly
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I saw Tim at Champps during the lockout. I think he was with Antonio Daniels. About a year go, we were sitting right next to David at PF Changs.

AOMrep
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I met Tim at Dave and Busters of all places. A buddy and I went on an odd day. We were just killing time. We were going to go check out a movie. It was kinda funny cause when we saw him it was from behind. We kept talking about tall this guy was. When he turned around we nearly shat ourselfs. He was very nice to us. We didn't have a pen otherwise I'm sure he would have signed an autograpgh for us.

Despot
03-13-2007, 02:08 AM
That's where Beno gets his thongs

I've started to notice that jokes about Beno being a sissy only work once per thread.

TDMVPDPOY
03-13-2007, 02:41 AM
is best buy a cheap shop or one of those upmarket stores or another wal-mart?

Tigole Bitties
03-13-2007, 02:54 AM
You'd think the players would shop at Bjorn's or some hifi store. Not Worst Buy or Circuit Shitty.

Beno probably shops at the Dollar General.

Sec24Row7
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Bjorns doesnt sell movies or video games...

You can buy your 100,000 home theatre there.... but if you want to play anything on it... you have to go to Best Buy...

;)