PDA

View Full Version : Kobe against the League

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
It's pretty obvious the league has something against Kobe, my question is, What and why? Looking back at the suspension for the Gino slap, I think the league purposely suspended Kobe to prevent him from playing in NY. Kobe lost a lot of money and the NY fans were geared and ready to cheer him on.

Why is the league out to get Kobe?

1. Is it because the League wants Wade and Lebron to be the media darlings of the league and Kobe is messing that up?

2. Is it because of his past legal problems?

3. Is it because Kobe had a chance to get the MVP this season and the league wants Nash or Dirk to win it, so they had to bring him down.

peskypesky
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Kobe is his own worst enemy. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

mardigan
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Because he keeps elbowing people in the face on purpose, he deserves it

FlyHigh07
03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
He deserves the worst, because he DOES the worst.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Who decides intent? Can they read Kobe's mind?

Now if you watched the college games over the weekend there was a player who elbowed the hell out of another player. THAT WAS INTENT! No questions. Now if Kobe did something like that, of course he should be suspended but just for trying to draw contact and flailing your arms for dramatic effect? That's Basketball!

dirk4mvp
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
The question should be what does Kobe have against white guys?

mardigan
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Updated: March 12, 2007, 3:45 PM ET
Bryant assessed flagrant foul for elbow in PhillyBy Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is not and was not at risk for another suspension after elbowing Philadelphia's Kyle Korver.

League sources told ESPN.com that the incident was reviewed strictly to determine whether Bryant would be retroactively assessed a flagrant foul after his left elbow connected with Korver in L.A.'s 108-92 road defeat Friday night.

That review, sources said, was completed Monday and reclassified the hit as a Flagrant 1 foul, Bryant's first flagrant foul of the season.

In his first game back from a one-game suspension after landing an elbow to the face of Minnesota's Marko Jaric, Bryant extended his elbow as he tried to dribble away from Korver on the perimeter. No foul was called on the play.

The league does reserve the right to reclassify fouls or non-calls as flagrant fouls following a video review. But if this incident had been subject to a possible suspension,

NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson would have rendered a ruling before the Lakers' next game. Bryant was cleared to play in their 108-72 home loss to Dallas on Sunday night.

Yet he remains under close scrutiny, in the media and from the league office, after receiving a pair of one-game suspensions in 2007 for stray elbows.

In both of those cases -- first with San Antonio's Manu Ginobili, then with Jaric -- Bryant made contact by flailing his arms after a shot attempt. No foul was called by game officials on the Ginobili play; Bryant was whistled for an offensive foul after catching Jaric.

"As players, we know during a game when someone is trying to hurt you or be mean, and I never thought that was what was happening," Jaric told ESPN.com last week. "So I'm really surprised by [the suspension]. I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally. I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

Korver offered similar sentiments to the Philadelphia Daily News in response to Friday's incident, saying: "I didn't think it was that big a deal. I thought it was an offensive foul. After I saw it on replay, it looked a lot worse than I thought it was during the game. It all happens fast. It's no big deal. It's just part of the game."

Even though the Korver play has been deemed a flagrant foul, Bryant is not in immediate danger of being suspended based on accumulation of flagrant-foul points.

Players receive one point for a Flagrant 1 foul and two points for a Flagrant 2 two, with suspensions starting when a player's total exceeds five points. Yet in spite of his two suspensions, Bryant's total now sits at one point.

Following the Jaric incident, which occurred just over a month after Bryant's tangle with Ginobili, Jackson told ESPN.com: "We considered suspending [Bryant] for multiple games. ... If this happens again, most likely, there will be multiple games.

"Since I've been here, I've not seen this type of conduct exhibited by a player -- driving his arm backwards and making contact above the shoulder -- I have not seen that."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:07 PM

What about the black players he elbowed? Bibby, Wade, Bell just to name a few? This is ridiculous.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
What about the black players he elbowed? Bibby, Wade, Bell just to name a few?So he's elbowed six guys? You just answered your own question.

baseline bum
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Now if you watched the college games over the weekend there was a player who elbowed the hell out of another player. THAT WAS INTENT! No questions. Now if Kobe did something like that, of course he should be suspended but just for trying to draw contact and flailing your arms for dramatic effect? That's Basketball!

He keeps doing it over and over again. I wasn't pissed when it happened to Manu, only because I believed it was an accident. Turns out he does this crap all the time trying to draw contact, so fuck him. He's going out and hurting people guarding him just so he can flop for a trip to the ft line. I hope he gets suspended every time he does it.

1Parker1
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM

:lmao

Fillmoe
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
What about the black players he elbowed? Bibby, Wade, Bell just to name a few? This is ridiculous.

all the black players beat his ass......

Bell, Childs..... ETC ETC

I do think the league is after him though.....

1Parker1
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Didn't Lebron clothesline Wade a couple months ago without so much as a fine?

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
So he's elbowed six guys? You just answered your own question.

No doubt he does it to draw a foul. Big deal, a lot of players do it.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
He keeps doing it over and over again. I wasn't pissed when it happened to Manu, only because I believed it was an accident. Turns out he does this crap all the time trying to draw contact, so fuck him. He's going out and hurting people guarding him just so he can flop for a trip to the ft line. I hope he gets suspended every time he does it.

His little flings are hardly an act to hurt someone. It was stated before that some players have reputations for throwing hard elbows. Drob, Malone, Shaq to name a few. Those are to hurt someone. Malone was famous for the knee to the groin in his career.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
all the black players beat his ass......

Bell, Childs..... ETC ETC

I do think the league is after him though.....

I didn't see any of those players beat his ass. Bibby cried like a little bitch when he was elbowed. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
No doubt he does it to draw a foul.

Fillmoe
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I didn't see any of those players beat his ass. Bibby cried like a little bitch when he was elbowed. :lol

thats because kobe elbowed him and they called the foul on bibby..... wouldnt you be a little bit mad if you got elbowed in the face and then they call the foul on your face?

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
How can YOU determine intent?

His are little slaps. Okay, I will stipulate that I can not but most of his fouls have been on last second shots when the game is on the line. If he can't get the shot off he has to try something.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
His are little slaps.I would love to give you a little slap right now.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:29 PM
thats because kobe elbowed him and they called the foul on bibby..... wouldnt you be a little bit mad if you got elbowed in the face and then they call the foul on your face?

Sure I would but Bibby's foul was a do or die situation at the time and he did it to prevent Bibby from getting the ball.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I would love to give you a little slap right now.

You could but I slap back! :fro

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Not if I slapped you like Kobe.

FlyHigh07
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
FUCK KOBE!!! RACIST! :drunk

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Not if I slapped you like Kobe.

If you slapped me like Kobe, I would probably laugh at you. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe after you woke up.

TheMulvany
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Kobe is a rapist and a prick.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe after you woke up.

True dat, maybe. I may hurt then but I guarantee you that you would hurt later.

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Kobe is a rapist and a prick.

Classic! So original. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
True dat, maybe. I may hurt then but I guarantee you that you would hurt later.Why? It was just a little slap. Why would you make such a big deal out of being knocked out, ya big baby?

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Why? It was just a little slap. Why would you make such a big deal out of being knocked out, ya big baby?

hahaha, you said a Kobe slap at first, Kobe's slap doesnt knock out anyone. To knock me out you would have to give me a Malone elbow or a Drob elbow. If its a kobe slap, I laugh at you! Which one is it?

ChumpDumper
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
The hit Kobe gave Manu after Manu stuffed his shit.

Chris Childs
03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm sick of these Kobe threads!

LakeShow
03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
The hit Kobe gave Manu after Manu stuffed his shit.

That was a bitch slap. Manu acted like a little sissy.

Chris Childs
03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I wish I can just punch all laker fans in the face!

FlyHigh07
03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm sick of these Kobe threads!

Word, seriously. This is crazy. Enough Kobe.

td4mvp21
03-12-2007, 08:44 PM
The league is against Kobe? Oh my god, what in the flying fuck do Lakers fans smoke? Kobe has always gotten the utmost respect from the League (it lessened after the alleged rape incident, and it should have), and especially from officials. If anything, be mad at Kobe for elbowing people above the neck. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Kobe's arms aren't attached to strings manipulated by the hands of David Stern.

Purple & Gold
03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I wish I can just punch all laker fans in the face!
Chris Childs is a bitch. :lmao

TheNextGen
03-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Didnt Shaq forarm shove Bynum on the neck and didnt even egta fine, ejection or suspension?

Medvedenko
03-13-2007, 11:58 AM
National Biased Association....just be consistent

JamStone
03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
If only Kobe didn't rape arian women and elbow the heads of arian young men, the NBA could be a happy family.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Manu isn't white. :hungry:

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 01:35 PM
wgaf

xamila rey
03-13-2007, 01:40 PM

:lol
oh yeah the blood was just some make up that he uses for some special games...

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Kobe makes for a very easy target for trying to convince the world that Stern, Jackson, and the league are cleaning up their players' acts and that no one is above the law. He's a legit superstar talent, a high profile player in a major market, has plenty of people in the media and the general public who just don't like him, and, above all else, has been taped doing the crime. I would worry if Stern weren't smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity.

Besides, to paraphrase Tony Montana, they need someone they can point at and say, "That's the bad guy." They need to convince the world that the most pressing matter in the league is not that Ron Artest is in legal trouble AGAIN, that Jason Kidd is gearing up for what ought to be a rather nasty and public divorce, or that all the league is probably staring at another ratings black hole in the finals with none of its marquee franchises looking like legit contenders. Nope. The biggest problem facing the league right now is that Kobe may be a dirty player. I hate David Stern's punk ass but let it never be said that he's stupid.

I think the league is coming down on him way too hard given that they aren't doing shit anywhere else to curb this problem.

lefty
03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
No.Kobe is a bitch

LakeShow
03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
The league is against Kobe? Oh my god, what in the flying fuck do Lakers fans smoke? Kobe has always gotten the utmost respect from the League (it lessened after the alleged rape incident, and it should have), and especially from officials. If anything, be mad at Kobe for elbowing people above the neck. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Kobe's arms aren't attached to strings manipulated by the hands of David Stern.

Kobe does have to control it because he is being singled out.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Manu is brown and proud I tell you

LakeShow
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Kobe makes for a very easy target for trying to convince the world that Stern, Jackson, and the league are cleaning up their players' acts and that no one is above the law. He's a legit superstar talent, a high profile player in a major market, has plenty of people in the media and the general public who just don't like him, and, above all else, has been taped doing the crime. I would worry if Stern weren't smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity.

Besides, to paraphrase Tony Montana, they need someone they can point at and say, "That's the bad guy." They need to convince the world that the most pressing matter in the league is not that Ron Artest is in legal trouble AGAIN, that Jason Kidd is gearing up for what ought to be a rather nasty and public divorce, or that all the league is probably staring at another ratings black hole in the finals with none of its marquee franchises looking like legit contenders. Nope. The biggest problem facing the league right now is that Kobe may be a dirty player. I hate David Stern's punk ass but let it never be said that he's stupid.

I think the league is coming down on him way too hard given that they aren't doing shit anywhere else to curb this problem.

:clap :clap :clap

LakeShow
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
:lol
oh yeah the blood was just some make up that he uses for some special games...

Oh he bled, but he didn't have to curl up in the fetal position on the floor whining like a little bitch! Man Up! :ihit

hater
03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
you mean man up like this guy?
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/niktle/KobeCryin.jpg

or this guy?
http://www.thelakerssuck.com/images/crying2.jpg

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Truth is Manu is twice the man Kobe will ever be. Manu has more chest hair than your mama!

Lp26
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM

And that's what makes me think the league is actually targeting Kobe to some extent . . .

mqywaaah
03-14-2007, 07:54 AM
It's pretty obvious the league has something against Kobe, my question is, What and why? Looking back at the suspension for the Gino slap, I think the league purposely suspended Kobe to prevent him from playing in NY. Kobe lost a lot of money and the NY fans were geared and ready to cheer him on.

Why is the league out to get Kobe?

1. Is it because the League wants Wade and Lebron to be the media darlings of the league and Kobe is messing that up?

2. Is it because of his past legal problems?

3. Is it because Kobe had a chance to get the MVP this season and the league wants Nash or Dirk to win it, so they had to bring him down.

Flatout stupid and dumb. Why in the world would you ask something like that? I got a lot of respect for Kobe, and it's fans like you that takes it away. Wow... :rolleyes

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 11:02 AM
And that's what makes me think the league is actually targeting Kobe to some extent . . .

Those of you that do not have the pleasure to watch Kobe every game are given a false reading on what he's going thru. Most of you see the nationally televised games when Stern and the league are Pimping Kobe for their own gains. I've watched Kobe be hacked and fouled several games with no call. One game the commentator got upset over the no calls on Bryant. Kobe, being the great player that he is, just played thru it and still shined in this league.

Now the league has focused on a part of Kobe's game that he has played for the last 10 years with no suspensions along with a lot of NBA players today and yesterday. Suspensions for flailing your arms in an attempt to draw a foul. Lebron can take down Wade, Manu can knee a player in the nuts with no suspensions or fines, but Kobe gets a suspension for slapping a player while trying to draw a foul. Like Medvedenko has stated on this site, there is no consistency.

Wade, Lebron or even Dirk, put in that same situation as Kobe was in would have never got to the flailing part trying to draw a foul. A foul would have been called just because they were crowded on the perimeter. Btw, I thought it was a no touch rule on the perimeter? It is for everyone except Bryant. Those players were all in Kobe's grill and it's frustrating him. Kobe deserves the same respect as those players receive.

Kobe is playing by a different set of rules than the rest of the players in the NBA. Sterns needs to go!

monosylab1k
03-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Flatout stupid and dumb. Why in the world would you ask something like that? I got a lot of respect for Kobe, and it's fans like you that takes it away. Wow... :rolleyes

The NBA's got a conspiracy going against everybody in the NBA.

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 11:05 AM

I normally don't respond to kids, but I will say, if you have nothing to bring, it is ok not to respond. I wont group you with the other mavs fans because some of you actually know something about the game. It's fans like you that the Mavericks are probably the most hated team in the league. It has nothing to do with the players, just idiots like you!

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Updated: March 14, 2007, 9:36 AM ET
Jackson's comments under review by NBAESPN.com news services

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Is Kobe Bryant's play on the court being overly scrutinized by the NBA? Phil Jackson apparently thinks so.

"It's just becoming a witch hunt now." -- Phil Jackson
After Bryant was retroactively assessed a flagrant 1 foul for an elbow against the 76ers' Kyle Korver, Jackson came to the defense of his superstar guard.

"It shouldn't have even been a flagrant 1," Jackson told reporters. "That's crazy. That's a vendetta. They have a witch hunt going on. That's nuts. [Korver's] riding somebody. Everybody does that in this league.

"It's just becoming a witch hunt now."

It's the second time that Bryant has been penalized for a play that wasn't called a foul on the court and Jackson isn't pleased.

"It is an after-the-fact type of thing," Jackson told reporters, "and that is bothersome. They have the advantage of looking at videotape.
Do you agree with Phil Jackson's statement that the NBA is on a witch hunt against Kobe Bryant?
Yes
No

"We wish they would correct some of the mistakes they make in a ballgame the same way. There's a couple of games that probably could be swung, won or lost, by some of the calls they [could] correct after the fact. But you can't do that in the game."

According to Los Angeles-area media reports, the NBA is aware of Jackson's comments and they are under review.

Bryant has received two one-game suspensions this season for throwing elbows in games, once against the Timberwolves' Marko Jaric, for which he was whistled for an offensive foul, and the other against the Spurs' Manu Ginobili, where he didn't receive a foul on the play.

Following the Jaric incident, which occurred just over a month after Bryant's tangle with Ginobili, NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson told ESPN.com: "We considered suspending [Bryant] for multiple games. ... If this happens again, most likely, there will be multiple games.

"Since I've been here, I've not seen this type of conduct exhibited by a player -- driving his arm backwards and making contact above the shoulder -- I have not seen that."

Medvedenko
03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
When's the last time anyone got suspended for a flagrant foul or an unnatural play after the game...only one I see is Kobe. Bogut shoved Bosh the other day in the back after he was burned...yes he was ejected, no suspension though.

Chris Childs
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
All those players who got elbowed by Kobe and didn't do nothing are pussys!! They should of done what I did to that Italian rapist!

Purple & Gold
03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
All those players who got elbowed by Kobe and didn't do nothing are pussys!! They should of done what I did to that Italian rapist!
HaHa Chris Childs is a bitch. :lmao

alamo50
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm lovin' it.

:corn:

Johnny RIngo
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
No wonder Kobe got his ass kicked by Chris Childs. He's a spoiled little bitch that likes to wear fur.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2838/947/1600/56713260.jpg

lmao

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
:cry Poor Wakers. Poor Wakers fans. The NBA doesn't wuv the Wakers anymore. No more fwee passes to the Finaws. :cry

:sleep

The fact that Kobe wasn't suspended for the elbow on Korver is proof that the squealing epicene Laker fans have actually intimidated the league into slapping him on the wrist. Kobe threw that elbow to clear space and had a pissed off expression when he did it.

BTW, I love that Manu has mastered his flopping ability so that he's able to swell up, bruise and bleed on cue.

Kudos to Spurs fans for not even sniffing the bait on the idiotic "Drob elbow" comments. :lol

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
:cry Poor Wakers. Poor Wakers fans. The NBA doesn't wuv the Wakers anymore. No more fwee passes to the Finaws. :cry

:sleep

The fact that Kobe wasn't suspended for the elbow on Korver is proof that the squealing epicene Laker fans have actually intimidated the league into slapping him on the wrist. Kobe threw that elbow to clear space and had a pissed off expression when he did it.

BTW, I love that Manu has mastered his flopping ability so that he's able to swell up, bruise and bleed on cue.

Kudos to Spurs fans for not even sniffing the bait on the idiotic "Drob elbow" comments. :lol

You obviously have been a spurs fan since 1999. One of those bandwagon fans. Any one that followed the game before 1999 knows that Robinson was notorious for throwing elbows. Look at this quote by avery Johnson when he signed with Denver on going back to SA.

Tough to return: Johnson said he can relate to how Michael Finley felt during his homecoming Saturday.

Johnson spent parts of 10 seasons with the Spurs before signing a three-year deal with Denver in the summer of 2001. His first game back at the Alamodome was awkward.

"I had been there so long and to go back to the visitors locker room it just felt a little weird," Johnson said. "But you get over it. Elbows change a lot of stuff. The first time David (Robinson) elbowed me, it was on."

and if you think that Ginobili needed to curl on the floor like a little bitch just because he was punched in the nose, you're a bigger wimp than he is. Even Nash, when elbowed by Malone (hard) didn't act like a little bitch and stood up for hisself.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA110605.7C.BKNspurs.notebook.d08e4ea.html

ducks
03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
not the great james
he would not ever do something like that
only melo would not the inncocent little james

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 06:30 PM
You obviously have been a spurs fan since 1999. One of those bandwagon fans. Any one that followed the game before 1999 knows that Robinson was notorious for throwing elbows. Look at this quote by avery Johnson when he signed with Denver on going back to SA.

Tough to return: Johnson said he can relate to how Michael Finley felt during his homecoming Saturday.

Johnson spent parts of 10 seasons with the Spurs before signing a three-year deal with Denver in the summer of 2001. His first game back at the Alamodome was awkward.

"I had been there so long and to go back to the visitors locker room it just felt a little weird," Johnson said. "But you get over it. Elbows change a lot of stuff. The first time David (Robinson) elbowed me, it was on."

Wow, you found ONE whole snippet in a news article that has the word "elbow" and "David Robinson" without "Karl Malone" or "knocked unconscious" in it. Congratulations. That proves that Robinson was "notorious" over his thousand game career for intentional elbows. Good logic, retard.

and if you think that Ginobili needed to curl on the floor like a little bitch just because he was punched in the nose, you're a bigger wimp than he is. Even Nash, when elbowed by Malone (hard) didn't act like a little bitch and stood up for hisself. Okay, Ginobili got smacked with an elbow hard enough to black his eye and make him bleed. If a 6'6" athlete threw an elbow into your face, you'd still be crying. Actually, you ARE still crying and you didn't even get hit. :lol

td4mvp21
03-14-2007, 06:38 PM

and if you think that Ginobili needed to curl on the floor like a little bitch just because he was punched in the nose, you're a bigger wimp than he is. Even Nash, when elbowed by Malone (hard) didn't act like a little bitch and stood up for hisself.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA110605.7C.BKNspurs.notebook.d08e4ea.html

Way to quote one of the biggest hypocritical bitch in the world to prove your already stupid point.

The league has changed a lot since back in the day...if you haven't realized it you're not watching basketball. I think it is to some extent stupid how Stern is trying to change the game and make it easy for players to score, but if he makes it perfectly clear (which he has) that there will be no elbows above the neck, and Kobe chooses to elbow people above the neck because he misses a shot, then what do you expect? "Oh ok, it's Kobe Bryant, let's let it slide. He's such a model citizen." Hell no, he's going to get the penalty just like everyone else. James Posey got suspended for rough fouls, Jason Terry got suspended for hitting Finley, and several other players have gotten suspended for similar things. It's not just happening to Kobe. Wake up.

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, you found ONE whole snippet in a news article that has the word "elbow" and "David Robinson" without "Karl Malone" or "knocked unconscious" in it. Congratulations. That proves that Robinson was "notorious" over his thousand game career for intentional elbows. Good logic, retard.

Okay, Ginobili got smacked with an elbow hard enough to black his eye and make him bleed. If a 6'6" athlete threw an elbow into your face, you'd still be crying. Actually, you ARE still crying and you didn't even get hit. :lol

Right, I found one. That should be all that's needed to prove a point. It shows that Drob did throw elbows. Robinson probably elbowed somebody once a weak. Do you remember when Robinson tried to choke out I think it was JR Reid? Admiral was a great player but he had his faults like a lot of players.

Boy your shit is weak, you will get a black eye when slapped in the nose. I dont know if you have ever been hit in the nose, but that shit just hurts for a minute. It is not a injury to have you crying like a bitch. Like Gino did! Fucking Moron!

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Way to quote one of the biggest hypocritical bitch in the world to prove your already stupid point.

The league has changed a lot since back in the day...if you haven't realized it you're not watching basketball. I think it is to some extent stupid how Stern is trying to change the game and make it easy for players to score, but if he makes it perfectly clear (which he has) that there will be no elbows above the neck, and Kobe chooses to elbow people above the neck because he misses a shot, then what do you expect? "Oh ok, it's Kobe Bryant, let's let it slide. He's such a model citizen." Hell no, he's going to get the penalty just like everyone else. James Posey got suspended for rough fouls, Jason Terry got suspended for hitting Finley, and several other players have gotten suspended for similar things. It's not just happening to Kobe. Wake up.

Right, and Ginobili got suspended for elbowing Artest in the grill. Wake up, it's different strokes for different folks. All the Lakers fan and team want is a fair shake and they are not getting it right now. Don't be stupid, at least come with something that would dispute what the lakers are complaining about.

TonyParkerSux
03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Stern has effectively removed Defense from the league.

TMTTRIO
03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
So Manu acted all of this out and was a crybaby about it. Give me a break. Man I guess I need to take acting lessons from Manu then. How to get hit in the face and get the blood from my nose and mouth coming out to where it looked like I took a bad hit :rolleyes. At least Manu didn't say anything about your guy Kobe. He just went on to say it's just basketball. Oh by the way I guess trainer Will Sevening was involved in his little act to by making it look worse than it was and even taking him for X-rays after the game to make sure his face wasn't broken :lol .

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8186/captlas10801290016spursmt0.jpg

LakeShow
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
So Manu acted all of this out and was a crybaby about it. Give me a break. Man I guess I need to take acting lessons from Manu then. How to get hit in the face and get the blood from my nose and mouth coming out to where it looked like I took a bad hit :rolleyes. At least Manu didn't say anything about your guy Kobe. He just went on to say it's just basketball. Oh by the way I guess trainer Will Sevening was involved in his little act to by making it look worse than it was and even taking him for X-rays after the game to make sure his face wasn't broken :lol .

Maybe he wasn't acting. Maybe he is just a weak ass bitch. Hate to see him in a fight. One punch and he's a vegetable. No wonder Stern is trying to get rid of contact in the league. Some of these soft ass foreign players might be decapitated.

Man In Black
03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
I'll remember what you said as he slits the Staples crowd throats AGAIN when next they play. That's a lot of boos I hear against the Argentinian when I'm at Staples Center. Mainly because we know that sooner or later, an ass-kicking will ensue Gaucho Style from Mr. Ginobili and you whiners can't handle it.

Weak ass bitchin and moanin is all you whiny LAL Fans do nowadays. MAN UP!!!

Intent has nothing to do with that punkass bitch move getting him suspended. It's the bitchass punk move that is gettting him suspended.

Typically, I don't agree with suspensions for a 1st time offense, but a fine is mandatory, with a bigger fine and suspension for 2nd time.

But hey, I don't make the rules and if the NBA says you gotta stop that shit, then you gotta stop that shit or face the reprecussions. Once your "idol" recognizes that, then he can continue playing with his Mitch Kool-Aid laden team of mediocrity.
http://lakernoise.blogspot.com/

Excuses are for losers. Phil and his Lakers are treading dangerously close to that domain. Land there and suddenly Phil no longer has his miracle worker status. Land there and suddenly Phil is just another working stiff, a coach whose blah-blah emits no light.

Mediocrity...This is where your meridian lies :)

trueD
03-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Right, and Ginobili got suspended for elbowing Artest in the grill.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wAILFAPd8Uk

Actually Artest elbowed Manu during first round PO's last year. Artest was suspended for one game after-the-fact for the very obvious hit on Manu's grill.

trueD
03-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Kobe is a hardcore little bitch.

And your attempt to make me believe he intends to draw the foul by flailing his arm AFTER releasing the ball insults my slightly mediocre b-ball knowledge. :)

Man In Black
03-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh and another thing, why is it you guys see Manu's "ACCIDENTAL" Groin shot on Stoudamire as anything but a basketball move? When you shoot a driving layup, you need lift, and to get lift you need to get moving in an upward direction by driving the lead leg up and the power leg down and then up.
Don't agree? Well Kobe has done the same move. See image provided.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/live/user_photo/lg_kobe_7264.jpg
Apparently even Kobe knows this. If a defender wants to challenge and he jumps and gets hit, it is what it is. The offensive player is allowed to attack the rim, and the defensive player is allowed to defend it. The knee is used to fend off would-be defenders but if he gets hit, then it's a basketball move. Recognize! The pic I provided shows you that Kobe leads with his leg too, if needed.

Don't think that this is a "new" move, I remember Dr. J do the same back in the day too!
http://sports.espn.go.com/media/nba/2003/0603/photo/a_erving_il.jpg

LakeShow
03-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I'll remember what you said as he slits the Staples crowd throats AGAIN when next they play. That's a lot of boos I hear against the Argentinian when I'm at Staples Center. Mainly because we know that sooner or later, an ass-kicking will ensue Gaucho Style from Mr. Ginobili and you whiners can't handle it.

Weak ass bitchin and moanin is all you whiny LAL Fans do nowadays. MAN UP!!!

Intent has nothing to do with that punkass bitch move getting him suspended. It's the bitchass punk move that is gettting him suspended.

Typically, I don't agree with suspensions for a 1st time offense, but a fine is mandatory, with a bigger fine and suspension for 2nd time.

But hey, I don't make the rules and if the NBA says you gotta stop that shit, then you gotta stop that shit or face the reprecussions. Once your "idol" recognizes that, then he can continue playing with his Mitch Kool-Aid laden team of mediocrity.
http://lakernoise.blogspot.com/

Mediocrity...This is where your meridian lies :)

It has nothing to do with bitching and moaning. The Lakers are 14 time NBA champions, the last thing they need is help to win in this league.

What's fucked up is that the Lakers have gone thru some tough injuries this season. The league doesn't need to fuck with Kobe for the lakers to lose some games. Losses with so many players in and out the lineup was inevitable. What pisses me off is the leagues witch hunt (per Jackson) on kobe. Let him play and leave him the fuck alone. The lakers have enough problems without having our best player and best player in the NBA, having to worry about this bullshit the league is sending him thru. If you're going to clean up the league, clean it up. Don't just single out one person when you have all kinds of issues going on in the league.

LakeShow
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wAILFAPd8Uk

Actually Artest elbowed Manu during first round PO's last year. Artest was suspended for one game after-the-fact for the very obvious hit on Manu's grill.

Another injustice. Artest was suspended for retaliating against Manu's elbow to his mouth (which supposely is an automatic suspension for any blows to the head but it wasn't in this case). Artest was suspended, Manu got nothing! Wtf?

LakeShow
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Kobe is a hardcore little bitch.

And your attempt to make me believe he intends to draw the foul by flailing his arm AFTER releasing the ball insults my slightly mediocre b-ball knowledge. :)

Manu is a hard core pussy!

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8186/captlas10801290016spursmt0.jpg

LakeShow
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh and another thing, why is it you guys see Manu's "ACCIDENTAL" Groin shot on Stoudamire as anything but a basketball move? When you shoot a driving layup, you need lift, and to get lift you need to get moving in an upward direction by driving the lead leg up and the power leg down and then up.
Don't agree? Well Kobe has done the same move. See image provided.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/live/user_photo/lg_kobe_7264.jpg
Apparently even Kobe knows this. If a defender wants to challenge and he jumps and gets hit, it is what it is. The offensive player is allowed to attack the rim, and the defensive player is allowed to defend it. The knee is used to fend off would-be defenders but if he gets hit, then it's a basketball move. Recognize! The pic I provided shows you that Kobe leads with his leg too, if needed.

Don't think that this is a "new" move, I remember Dr. J do the same back in the day too!
http://sports.espn.go.com/media/nba/2003/0603/photo/a_erving_il.jpg

Ask Amare if he thought it was a basketball move. That was nothing but trying to clear some space, which is the same thing that Kobe was attempting to do.

The league is claiming to clean that shit up. I bet if Kobe did it now, he would be suspended.

LakeShow
03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm sure glad Amare didn't get a hold of Manu. I shudder to think what would have happened to old glass jaw, if Amare would have got a shot in. Kobe caved in his face with a little bitch slap.