PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' outlook

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 02:40 AM
With the Spurs currently holding the longest winning streak in the NBA at 12, I think SA can finish with 60 wins. They would only have to go 15-4 the rest of the way. Out of the Spurs' remaining games, Utah could be the most challenging team. Utah shows up to play against everyone and they don't get intimidated. Detroit could give us another tough match-up. Most of their remaining schedule are very beatable teams:

Clippers, Bucks, Celtics, Pacers twice, Pistons, Sonics twice, Warriors twice, Hornets, Jazz, Suns, Blazers, Kings, T-Wolves, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Nuggets

All teams that SA should be beating.

mavs>spurs2
03-13-2007, 03:16 AM
I can see the spurs losing 5 of those games....Pistons, Suns, Mavs, Jazz, and Nuggets.

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 03:24 AM
I can see the spurs losing 5 of those games....Pistons, Suns, Mavs, Jazz, and Nuggets.

Funny seeing as they've beaten all those teams this year. But I would expect this out of jealous Dallas fans.

johngateswhiteley
03-13-2007, 04:22 AM

nah. maybe suns or jazz, but thats it.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Spurs will be lucky to win 6 of those games.

mabber
03-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Funny seeing as they've beaten all those teams this year. But I would expect this out of jealous Dallas fans.

All he said was that he could see the Spurs losing against those teams. It was only 5 games and it wasn't like he said the Spurs were going to lose against them.

Why so sensitive?

Purple & Gold
03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
With the Spurs currently holding the longest winning streak in the NBA at 12
HaHa, you didn't even wait for the ink to dry on the boxscore before you bring up longest winning streak. Classic.

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 01:56 PM
HaHa, you didn't even wait for the ink to dry on the boxscore before you bring up longest winning streak. Classic.

I knew Dallas' streak was over before the game started. The Warriors just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I knew Dallas' streak was over before the game started. The Warriors just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

You are completely jinxing us, just stop

texas84
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM

You're a joke.

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Spurs are only one and one against the Suns so it is not a given that you will beat us.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Spurs are only one and one against the Suns so it is not a given that you will beat us.

The loss was the second of a back to back. The Spurs are notorious for losing the second game.

BTW, the first game of that back to back? At Utah.......

This game will be in SA, no back to back. Given that it's March, more than likey equals a Spurs win.

mabber
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM

Most Spurs fans are not concerned with the Suns. The only thing they are talking about is the matchup with Dallas in the WCF's. I'd be concerned about playing Phoenix. I'm kind of amazed at the lack of respect they give them pretty much based on beating them in the playoffs 2 years ago.

As a Mav fan, I'm concerned about matching up against both Phoenix and San Antonio.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Most Spurs fans are not concerned with the Suns. The only thing they are talking about is the matchup with Dallas in the WCF's. I'd be concerned about playing Phoenix. I'm kind of amazed at the lack of respect they give them pretty much based on beating them in the playoffs 2 years ago.
As a Mav fan, I'm concerned about matching up against both Phoenix and San Antonio.

You mean the 4-1 whoopin they took in the WCF after all of the hoopla during the regular season?

No respect here........

You might want to check the regular season tallies since. Theres more than just that playoff series which causes Spur fans to look past Phoenix.

mabber
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
You mean the 4-1 whoopin they took in the WCF after all of the hoopla during the regular season?

No respect here........

You might want to check the regular season tallies since. Theres more than just that playoff series which causes Spur fans to look past Phoenix.

It was still 2 years ago. It's not like I care if y'all look past Phoenix, I'm just surprised by it coming from a team that lost in the 2nd round last season. The Suns were 2 games away from the finals last year and have a better record than the Spurs. I think the Spurs will beat Phoenix but I think it will be very close and I don't see either team looking past that series.

monosylab1k
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM

No respect here........

I agree here. The Suns are a distant third in this race, regardless of the records. Either Mavs or Spurs will manhandle them. The real battle is Dallas-SA, the suns aren't even in the picture.

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
The loss was the second of a back to back. The Spurs are notorious for losing the second game.

BTW, the first game of that back to back? At Utah.......

This game will be in SA, no back to back. Given that it's March, more than likey equals a Spurs win.

I really don't think you can use the back to back excuse all the time. We will just have to wait until we play you again to find out the result.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
It was still 2 years ago. It's not like I care if y'all look past Phoenix, I'm just surprised by it coming from a team that lost in the 2nd round last season. The Suns were 2 games away from the finals last year and have a better record than the Spurs. I think the Spurs will beat Phoenix but I think it will be very close and I don't see either team looking past that series.

Another specious argument.......

Its only because of the jacked up playoff seedings that we faced the Mavs instead of the Suns in the second round.

The fact that the Suns got further than the Spurs last year had absolutely nothing to do with their head to head matchups.

Had the Mavs and Suns OR the Spurs and Suns played in the second round last year, the result would have been as it should have been:

Dallas vs SA in the WCF.

Thats what it will be this year. Plain and simple.

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Mabber, you seem to be one of the only Mav fans that doesn't wear rose colored glasses when it comes to any team. I like that about you. You are one of the few fans altogether that I respect. You state your opinion but you don't seem to insult other fans opinions. Thanks!

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I really don't think you can use the back to back excuse all the time. We will just have to wait until we play you again to find out the result.

You get to use the back to back excuse at will when you're the oldest team in the league.

Look at the past 3 seasons matchups and the records. The games the Spurs have lost to Phoenix are few and far between. If one of them happens to be the second of a back to back, then theres probably a correlation.......

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Another specious argument.......

Its only because of the jacked up playoff seedings that we faced the Mavs instead of the Suns in the second round.

The fact that the Suns got further than the Spurs last year had absolutely nothing to do with their head to head matchups.

Had the Mavs and Suns OR the Spurs and Suns played in the second round last year, the result would have been it sould have been:

Dallas vs SA in the WCF.

Thats what it will be this year. Plain and simple.

And you know this how? Because of what happened two years ago and because of the seeding last year? I don't think anyone can predict who will be there in the end between the Dallas, Phoenix, Spurs and Jazz. All these teams have tweaked their rosters and injuries happen, so you just never know who will be there in the end unless you have a crystal ball.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
The Suns aregreat on any given night, but in a series where you see them over and over again, I think their style gets exposed. Even though they beat the Spurs a couple of weeks ago, I wasnt really blown away by them.

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
You get to use the back to back excuse at will when you're the oldest team in the league.

Look at the past 3 seasons matchups and the records. The games the Spurs have lost to Phoenix are few and far between. If one of them happens to be the second of a back to back, then theres probably a correlation.......

I happen to like living in the now, not the past. :)

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
And you know this how? Because of what happened two years ago and because of the seeding last year? I don't think anyone can predict who will be there in the end between the Dallas, Phoenix, Spurs and Jazz. All these teams have tweaked their rosters and injuries happen, so you just never know who will be there in the end unless you have a crystal ball.

Sigh...... look man.

The second round matchups last year were:

Dallas/SA and Phoenix/LA CLIPPERS

Thats a bye for all intents and purposes........

Which one of the big three loses to the Clippers in the second round? ......... geez

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I happen to like living in the now, not the past. :)

............ And the now shows us that your win against the Spurs came on the second game of a back to back for the oldest team in the league. On your home court no less.

Discount those factors if you wish.............

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
You're a joke.

Considering Golden State is 4-0 in the last 4 games vs Dallas, yes, this was a team GS was supposed to beat. Simple as that. Dallas better pray they don't get GS as the 8th seed in the playoffs, or Houston vs Utah might not be the only REAL 1st playoff series that isn't a giveaway.

Dallas barely slips by SA and Utah everytime they play. Dallas is not dominant vs everyone. Maybe against the Hawks, Nuggets, Bobcats, Clippers, and Sealions, but not ballclubs such as Golden State, Utah, and SA.

Agloco
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Considering Golden State is 4-0 in the last 4 games vs Dallas, yes, this was a team GS was supposed to beat. Simple as that. Dallas better pray they don't get GS as the 8th seed in the playoffs.

The old Miami vs New York series of the mid to late 90's come to mind. Some teams just have matchup problems against others. This would be one example of that.

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Sigh...... look man.

The second round matchups last year were:

Dallas/SA and Phoenix/LA CLIPPERS

Thats a bye for all intents and purposes........

Which one of the big three loses to the Clippers in the second round? ......... geez

If I remember correctly the Spurs had some trouble with the Clippers, correct me if I am wrong. It was a hard fought contest for the thrown together Suns without Amare and Kurt Thomas. Try playing any playoff team without your two frontcourt players and see how you fair. Take Duncan and whoever you think matches Kurt Thomas off your team and don't you think you might have a rough series? At least the Suns had the heart to make it through the first two rounds to play the Mavs. Yeah, you had the harder route but your team had been together for a while. Only Nash, Marion and Barbosa were familiar with playing together so we had to work in new players. Just like I said before, we will find out soon enough who makes it to the Western Conference Finals.

mabber
03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Considering Golden State is 4-0 in the last 4 games vs Dallas, yes, this was a team GS was supposed to beat. Simple as that. Dallas better pray they don't get GS as the 8th seed in the playoffs, or Houston vs Utah might not be the only REAL 1st playoff series that isn't a giveaway.

Dallas barely slips by SA and Utah everytime they play. Dallas is not dominant vs everyone. Maybe against the Hawks, Nuggets, Bobcats, Clippers, and Sealions, but not ballclubs such as Golden State, Utah, and SA.

I'd be losing sleep over that matchup :rolleyes

Nashfan
03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
:lol

dg7md
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM

You shouldn't, but you should realize that GS is a very tough team, especially against the Mavericks, that would be a very tough series through and through and could tire out the Mavericks from the later-series'.

Plus don't forget Nellie, he knows that Mavs team very well.

mabber
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
You shouldn't, but you should realize that GS is a very tough team, especially against the Mavericks, that would be a very tough series through and through and could tire out the Mavericks from the later-series'.

Plus don't forget Nellie, he knows that Mavs team very well.

I really don't see that series going beyond 4-5 games. The Mavs would defend the 3 point shot in the playoffs and that would be the key. I don't think GState is gonna make the playoffs anyway.