PDA

View Full Version : DRob's 360 dunk and more...

whottt
03-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Found some nice clips of Drob at youtube...thank god for international fans...just about all of Drob's clips are from overseas broadcasts I notice.

Anyway...

360 dunk is at the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmnneTHGAc&NR

This is a good one that shows just how fast and unguardable Drob was 1 on 1. He was like a 7'1 Amare(minus Steve Nash).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I6X07lrHfU&mode=related&search=

Some other good ones too...but sadly, not enough.

whottt
03-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Sorry...I had the wrong link for the 360. Fixed now.

drivanroca
03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanx!!!

SenorSpur
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
5-0 was the shit, ya'll

sanman53
03-13-2007, 09:52 AM
WOW! I really miss that guy on the court!

One clip on there was of his 71 point game. That brought a tear to my eye!

David Robinson #1

wildbill2u
03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Found some nice clips of Drob at youtube...thank god for international fans...just about all of Drob's clips are from overseas broadcasts I notice.

Anyway...

360 dunk is at the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmnneTHGAc&NR

This is a good one that shows just how fast and unguardable Drob was 1 on 1. He was like a 7'1 Amare(minus Steve Nash).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I6X07lrHfU&mode=related&search=

You missed the one where he scores 71 pts. Scrounge around and you'll see it listed. Interesting note: Chuck Haly was in the game.

Some other good ones too...but sadly, not enough.

sanman53
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Jack Haley was the greatest 'towel waver' in Spurs history!

T'was good to see some clips of him cheering on Big Dave as well.

Gros Membres!
03-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks. I bet D-Rob could still ball but he's has other priorities now...great guy.

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM

bdictjames
03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Never really knew how good this guy was till I saw the video.

Wallace ²
03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Awesome clips. Thanks

Melmart1
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Ugh, watching Rodman go and hug him like that at the end makes me sick considering how much shit he talked about him.

Still, great clips!

alamo50
03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Never really knew how good this guy was till I saw the video.

This is why all the young fans need to watch this.
To understand why there is a team called the San Antonio Spurs.

SAtown
03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
i remember being at that game when he dunked 360. I believe it was against the Bullets... Anyways, I've never heard the Dome any louder (besides the 99 playoffs)

Phenomanul
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Didn't he dunk it off the glass in a game against the Bucks - with a pass to himself? Way way before T-Mac or Vinsanity were getting all the rave for this.

whottt
03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
This is why all the young fans need to watch this.
To understand why there is a team called the San Antonio Spurs.

And this is why some alleged "huge" Drob fans need to be more militant in their support of the Admiral against the morons that discredit and minimize his career time and time again...next time I see you in a thread defending Drob will be the first.

And yeah I know Drob doesn't care...but the truth is the truth and it needs to be out there.

whottt
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Ugh, watching Rodman go and hug him like that at the end makes me sick considering how much shit he talked about him.

Still, great clips!

That was before the honeymoon was over.....

They got along pretty good prior to the Jazz series...made commercials together, seemed to have the makings of a great team. Rodman was supposed to help Drob shore up the D and give him some help in the rebounding dept...both of which he did initially. Then the wheels came off against the Jazz and it was pretty much revealed the Rodman was more about drawing attention to himself than anything else.

I will say this though...Rodman is a tough guy to figure out and there are some pretty interesting stories about things he did to help kids and stuff...

I think I remember a story about Rodman rooming with a family with an autistic child while he was in college...and the only person the child reacted too was Rodman(poor freaking kid).

He wasn't all bad...just a little too much of a headcase and a little too self absorbed.

Bob Lanier
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Rodman was a PR act.

And Robinson was what Garnett would be if he were less of a pussy, and not one bit more.

whottt
03-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Pssst: Garnett's not the reason his team hasn't won a title and Garnett couldn't carry a team like Drob could anyway. Drob not only never failed to make the playoffs, he never failed to finish at least second in the division. Drob was usually good for about 53 wins no matter the supporting cast...that's not true of Garnett.

ALVAREZ6
03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
David Robinson was the man.

Windbush
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
David is the reason I became a Spurs fan in the first place. I met him a couple times when he came by the Naval Academy to speak. His brother, Chuck, was a cool dude too and he graduated a year ahead of me. Chuck drove a sweet black Porche 911. He was a decent ball player, but only 6'5"-6'6". The stories of David at the Naval Academy are impressive. Not only did he hold his own academically, but being able to bench 400+, run distance with the best of them, swim like a fish, accomplish all the other athletic requirements (obstacle courses, gymnastics, boxing, judo, etc) and literally do back flips as a 7-footer is amazing. He actually grew seven inches during his time there. If you've ever seen a 7-footer up close, they look skinny, but believe me, his pythons are unusually large - zero fat.

I thought he focused on his dunk too much early in his career, but became more of a shooter later. He was just so powerful, fast and athletic that nobody could guard him 1-on-1 when he drove. Many pundits claimed he was better than Olajuwan and Ewing in his early years. Amare reminds me most of Robinson.

The only downside is that basketball was never really David's priority. He was respectfully a man of God first, a family man second and a musician third. Basketball appeared to be more a means to an end. I give him props for opening the school locally.

He's still my favorite Spur and Basketball player by far.

E20
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Kind of sad though, the first two clips of David Robinson you search for on Youtube are him getting blocked by Shaq and him getting shook by Olajuwon.

SRJ
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Did anyone block Shaq's dunk attempts more than David Robinson? I can recall at least three occasions where Dave did that, and stopping Shaq on his way to the dunk is about as tough as it gets.

Windbush
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Olajuwan shook everyone. Unfortunately it was David during the playoffs and in the West. David never really became a post up player for his position.

conversekid
03-13-2007, 06:40 PM
in the earlier years, before dave started getting older and sore, he completely owned shaq. it wasn't until dave started slowing down that shaq gave dave fits. in dave's prime, amare couldn't hold dave's jock strap. robinson was a phenom.

ambchang
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Amare reminds me more of Shawn Kemp without the defense, we will never see another one like David Robinson. That guy was a freak, if only the FO back then was half decent, the Spurs would have challenged the Bulls to supremacy in the 90s.

ALVAREZ6
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I say bring his ass back.

He'd be our best center.

exstatic
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Amare and David are apple and oranges. DRob was a wing until he grew. His handle and shot were better than anything Amare has yet developed. Amare is his equal as an athlete, but trails badly as a basketball player.

exstatic
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
I say bring his ass back.

He'd be our best center.
If they signed him tomorrow, he'd probably beat Elson in a footrace.