PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or Nuggets in 1st round?

yavozerb
03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
With about 20 games left in the season it is looking as if it will be either the lakers or the nuggets in the 1st round for the spurs. Who would be a better match up for the spurs?

Duncanoypi
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
I'll go for the Lakers...Iverson and Anthony...will be a scary tandem come playoff time.

but...either of the two..it will be spurs in 5!!! :smokin

Thrill
03-13-2007, 09:53 AM
If the lakers get healthy, I'd rather play Denver. I think Denver is just too thrown together to beat anybody. But if the Lakers are still struggling with injuries come playoff time, then by all means. Either way, I think that whoever we play, we can't take lightly and not look ahead to the Suns or Mavs

Mr. Body
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Much rather play against the non-Phil Jackson coached team.

Much rather play against Allen Iverson than Kobe Bryant.

yavozerb
03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Even though the tandom of melo/iverson is scary I would still rather play the nuggets. The spurs just seem to match up much better with the nuggets.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Either one. Both teams have huge weaknesses. But if the series gets complicated for some reason, the Nuggets would have a better chance to give us problems. They have more guns. I don't expect Kwame to be any trouble.

tiga
03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
it doesn't matter... Lakers and Nuggets won't win a playoff series against SA (this year)

bdictjames
03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Id rather play the Nuggets no doubt

itzsoweezee
03-13-2007, 11:54 AM
lakers are garbage. i want whatever it takes to play them in the first round.

pad300
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM
With about 20 games left in the season it is looking as if it will be either the lakers or the nuggets in the 1st round for the spurs. Who would be a better match up for the spurs?

We should beat either team handily. There are 2 things to consider:

1) Threats to make an upset
Lakers > Kobe, Jackson
Nuggets > Iverson, Melo

The Nuggets have more people who can take over individual games, but Kobe is better than either Melo or Iverson. Jackson is a better coach, but he doesn't have much to work with outside of Kobe.

This factor is a draw

2) Which team are we more likely to pick up injuries against, eg. what happened to TP and Manu against the Kings last year, and the Sonics and Nuggets the year before. How many goons on each roster/Will the coach go for intimidation tactics?

Lakers.
Phil Jackson really likes to outsmart the other guy, not just goon it up... And the closest thing he has for personnel to do it with is Turiaf. While they aren't soft, I don't expect them to try and beat up the Spurs.

Nuggets
George Karl isn't afraid to encourage a rough style. Anybody remember his comments on Manu, 2 years ago; He's got some goons: Evans, Najera, ?Nene?
If he thinks it's to his advantage, he'll go brutal. And historically, he does think just that against the Spurs.

This factor says hope for the Lakers

To conclude - I hope we get the Lakers; We should beat either team, and neither has a better chance of an upset. Therefore, look at how much playing each team might cost us in later rounds; we are much more likely to see injuries against the Nuggets.

PS. Making Kobe cry like a little girl again would be SWEET! :elephant Bring on the Fakers! :elephant

peskypesky
03-13-2007, 12:26 PM
either one. i have no fear of any team except the Mavs. not even the Suns.

GayForManu
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll take the Nuggets because Melo punches like a pussy. Kobe will at least catch you stiff when you least expect it. I take pussy Melo and the gang in Denver

Supergirl
03-13-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't care how depleted the Lakers are due to injuries, I'm always a little scared of Kobe and Phil Jackson in the playoffs.

But Denver would be tough too. Really, there's no easy match up for anyone in the West. The one thing SA, Dallas, Phoenix, and Utah (and I think maybe Houston) have going for them is the ability to win on the road. I think they are the only teams, along with Detroit in the east, who have winning road records.

smeagol
03-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd love to eliminate the Lakers

alamo50
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Ofcourse I want us to make Kobe cry again.

ManuTastic
03-13-2007, 02:25 PM
I think we do better against a still-struggling Denver team than against a healthy Laker team (is Odom back yet?). Lakers are a big team with a good coach and the single most lethal weapon in the league. Denver is, as others have said, a bit thrown together at this point, and the AI + Melo thing isn't exactly working out (so far). I'd rather face Denver, for an easier series, but of course I'd love make Kobe cry again. Cry Kobe cry!!

degenerate_gambler
03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
doesn't get a whole lot better than being able to send El Lay packing for the summer.

Phenomanul
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Luke Walton and Odom are the Wildcards for the Lakers......

Spurs don't matchup against Odom.

RC's Boss
03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Mile High

Sportcamper
03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd love to eliminate the Lakers

I would just like to see the Lakers win another game before the season ends... :dramaquee

SPURS vs NBA media
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM

so we can hear this before the playoffs start one team we should not play are the lakers-nuggets they can beat us and we lose the first game and all the LOSERS in this forum will start blaming Parker for having his mind on his wedding and not the playoffs what a bunch of LOSERS in the SPURS forum

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I hope we'll get Kobe team.