PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Dallas Series

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
We've heard arguments both ways all season, and I don't think it is too early to ask this question anymore, so who wins: Dallas or SA in the playoffs? Keep in mind that Golden State could sneak into that #8 seed if they feel like it.

sabar
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
If Golden State somehow sneaks into #8, it'll most likely be just like last year with Sac at #8.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL #3 is the more likely scenario

Pugglekicker_21
03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
GS has the abilty to beat Dallas for one game. Can they do it for 3?

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 03:50 PM
wow, what a stupid ass thread, and that's coming from a guy reppin pokemon.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 03:50 PM

they beat them 5 out of the last 6

Kobulingam
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Best of 5 first round series have been scapped already.

So GS would have to win 4 games.

pussyface
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM

im pretty sure they will have to beat them 4 times, genius.
not sure if you've seen any postseason basketball the last 2 years, but the 5 game series format is a thing of the distant past.

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
We've heard arguments both ways all season, and I don't think it is too early to ask this question anymore, so who wins: Dallas or SA in the playoffs? Keep in mind that Golden State could sneak into that #8 seed if they feel like it.

Good thread :hat :dizzy

So who would YOU put your money on in a Mavs - Warriors series?

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Good thread :hat :dizzy

So who would YOU put your money on in a Mavs - Warriors series?

Warriors. Yes I am dead serious. mavs are chokers and would choke and lose. I can see it.

I can see Mavs killing any other team in the playoffs except.... nevermind. They could choke anytime.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Stupid, just stupid. Spursdynasty, you are dumbing down this board single handedly

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Stupid, just stupid. Spursdynasty, you are dumbing down this board single handedly

It is not the fool himself, but the fool who follows him

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
It is not the fool himself, but the fool who follows him

You barely edited the right spelling of fool before I could quote it

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
You barely edited the write spelling of fool before I could quote it

so

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
so

So nothing, just thought it was funny

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
SPurs.

baseline bum
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Regular season. The Suns beat the Spurs 3 of 4 in 03, and got shown the door in 6 once the playoffs came. Hell, the Spurs beat Houston 4 of 5 or 5 of 6 in 95, and then got taken out in 6.

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM

Was I also dumb when I said anything can happen in the Finals last year?

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Yeah....

Is the NBA going back to a best of 5 series?

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM

srsly, nashfan and amarelooms help out.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Was I also dumb when I said anything can happen in the Finals last year?
Seeing as how your join date was a month ago, I dont know how you would have said that on here

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:49 PM

In the playoffs?

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:49 PM
srsly, nashfan and amarelooms help out.

Yea, your right, I forgot about them

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah....

Is the NBA going back to a best of 5 series?
:lol

dirk4mvp
nkdlunch and spursdynasty are 1-2 dumbass combo to be reckoned with.

dirk4mvp
:blah

:madrun

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Seeing as how your join date was a month ago, I dont know how you would have said that on here

You forget that some people on here can make more than one user name.

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
nkdlunch and spursdynasty are 1-2 dumbass combo to be reckoned with.

Explain why this thread is dumb. Go ahead. Please enlighten me, because I seriously don't see why this poll is so dumb. Honestly.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
:madrun
I used the wrong face, I though it was the laugh face

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Explain why this thread is dumb. Go ahead. Please enlighten me, because I seriously don't see why this poll is so dumb. Honestly.

they think threads like "Mavs, greatest regular season team in history" has more value. Hell, they're mavfans, if you try to understand their logic, you might become a retard like them.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 04:55 PM

For one you have GS eliminating Dal, AND the Spurs being eliminated by HOU. But you don't have the Suns making it, and if the top 2 teams get eliminated the Suns cakewalk to the title.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
they think threads like "Mavs, greatest regular season team in history" has more value. Hell, they're mavfans, if you try to understand their logic, you might become a retard like them.

And you're the guy who thinks GS can beat the Mavs in the playoffs. :lol

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
And you're the guy who thinks GS can beat the Mavs in the playoffs. :lol

yes. Before last finals I could not conceive the Heat could beat the Mavs. neither could you. Mavs' choking has changed my way of thinking.

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Warriors. Yes I am dead serious. mavs are chokers and would choke and lose. I can see it.

I can see Mavs killing any other team in the playoffs except.... nevermind. They could choke anytime.

I see...

Good to know that the Spurs lost to chokers on THEIR home court last season...

I'm glad to see some Spurs fans starting to call this guy out too...if you're bored, read some of his posts...pure genius...

You barely edited the write spelling of fool before I could quote it

write = right? :lol (I had to bust your balls since you were trying to bust his!)

So you're a troll...nice :dizzy

It's a Spurs forum and you put up a poll of who would win Mavs or Spurs...

Agloco
In the playoffs?

I thought Mavs fans were all about nutting over their regular season exploits.......

Now all of a sudden theres a difference between the regular season and playoffs eh?

Convienent :fro

SpursDynasty
For one you have GS eliminating Dal, AND the Spurs being eliminated by HOU. But you don't have the Suns making it, and if the top 2 teams get eliminated the Suns cakewalk to the title.

I have GS eliminating Dallas as one of the choices because anything can happen in the playoffs, and GS seems to be the only team doing anything right vs Dallas lately.

And I have Houston over SA as a choice because most of you were talking about Houston eliminating SA in the first round not even a month ago.

This poll is based on what I read here, and if you think its dumb, then that is just a reflection of what people have said here.

cheguevara
yes. Before last finals I could not conceive the Heat could beat the Mavs. neither could you. Mavs' choking has changed my way of thinking.

:lol :owned

mardigan

No I didnt forget, but if you changed your name it was either because you got banned, or you were annoying everyone with your other name so you changed it. Why dont you post me that link with you saying anything can happen in the finals. Actually dont, because someone saying anything can happen in the finals is like me saying the Spurs might win a playoff series, just a blanket statement to cover up not wanting to actually take a stance on anything

dirk4mvp

You also didn't think the Mavs could beat the Spurs.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
You also didn't think the Mavs could beat the Spurs.

No. I did think Mavs had a chance.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
write = right? :lol (I had to bust your balls since you were trying to bust his!)

Dammit Leonard! Always got to call me out!

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:03 PM

You thought the chokers had a chance in hell over the almighty spurs?!

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
:lol :owned

Way to nut ride.

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Way to nut ride.

how mature. how old are you?

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Old enough to realize you and spursdynasty are dumbasses.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I have GS eliminating Dallas as one of the choices because anything can happen in the playoffs, and GS seems to be the only team doing anything right vs Dallas lately.

And I have Houston over SA as a choice because most of you were talking about Houston eliminating SA in the first round not even a month ago.

This poll is based on what I read here, and if you think its dumb, then that is just a reflection of what people have said here.

so what's your reasoning for totally forgetting the second round, I've seen people talking about the Suns being better than the Spurs, but that's not an option

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
or, at least good at acting like dumbasses

Shank
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
http://www.perry-lake.k12.oh.us/elem/classrooms/kindergarten/kohl/Math/graphics/count_your_chickens.gif

nkdlunch
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Old enough to realize you and spursdynasty are dumbasses.

thanks for clearing that up. come back when you turn 10

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.perry-lake.k12.oh.us/elem/classrooms/kindergarten/kohl/Math/graphics/count_your_chickens.gif

Listen to the Mavs fan, he knows all about this.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
thanks for clearing that up.

n/p

td4mvp21
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth.

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I thought Mavs fans were all about nutting over their regular season exploits.......

Now all of a sudden theres a diference between the regular season and playoffs eh?

Where are these Mavs fans you're referring to??

Dammit Leonard! Always got to call me out!

:lol

:lol :lol

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes

hater
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
What a surprise, this thread turned into mav spurs smack. Except immature mav fans keep it going. fuck the mav trolls!

Shank
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
"Immature" says the guy with the gagball signature.

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Tha sig is hilarious, and this is turning into a smack thread....again......

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
What a surprise, this thread turned into mav spurs smack. Except immature mav fans keep it going. fuck the mav trolls!

So in your opinion, this was a solid thread? And SpursDynasty is a solid contributor?? :dizzy

Shank
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Cool. Tell me what I said about jumping the gun on this season. I'd love to see it.

As far as I can see, most of the rational Mavs supporters on here are just hanging back and waiting for the playoffs to come around - something I thought the Spurs fans preached more than anyone. But now we get threads about rolling through the playoffs, teams automatically beating each other and specifically breaking down a Mavs-Spurs WCF matchup? In what is all of this based?

monosylab1k
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Hmmm a thread with a poll asking who will win, mavs or spurs....yeah you're right, it's ridiculous for smack talk to start because the subject matter doesn't invite it in any way....

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
And like Trainwreck said, where are the Suns in all of this? They automatically dont have a chance?

Shank
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
And like Trainwreck said, where are the Suns in all of this? They automatically dont have a chance?

Why should they? The Spurs are taking that 2nd round matchup in 4 straight, baby.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Where's Nashfan when you need him? :madrun

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Why should they? The Spurs are taking that 2nd round matchup in 4 straight, baby.

Sonofabitch, getting jinxed from all angles

monosylab1k
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM

:lol no, they don't. If there's any guarantee in the playoffs, it's that the Mavs and Spurs can both whip their asses.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM

But in a poll that has the possiblity (however infintesimally minnute) of the Spurs and Mavs being booted out of the first round, they have to be considered

monosylab1k
03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Where's Nashfan when you need him? :madrun

I'll speak on his behalf

" :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee You guys have no clue what you're talking about. The Suns will win it all, because the Mavericks will be too busy on the toilet with diarrhea to play the game :lmao and the Spurs will be picking their boogers and it will affect their shot! :lmao :dramaquee "

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll speak on his behalf

" :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee You guys have no clue what you're talking about. The Suns will win it all, because the Mavericks will be too busy on the toilet with diarrhea to play the game :lmao and the Spurs will be picking their boogers and it will affect their shot! :lmao :dramaquee "

Did you change your name Nashfan^^^^ :lol

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Don't question the superior thread making abilities of SpursDynasty fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hat :lol

Shank
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I'll speak on his behalf

http://www.joemanna.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/roflcopter.gif

mardigan
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't question the superior thread making abilities of SpursDynasty fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hat :lol

Your right, I should go sit in the corner and think about what I did

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
The point of this was just a poll. I didn't start the smack talking. I know everyone is tired of Mavs-Spurs smack talking.

At the same time, to answer some questions: The whole West playoff picture is pretty straightforward: Dallas, SA, Phoenix, and Utah will be there in the 2nd round. West Finals will be either Spurs vs Mavericks (if Spurs get #2 seed), Spurs vs Suns (most likely), or Mavericks vs Suns (if Spurs choke).

And no I still don't take Phoenix seriously.

So in conclusion: Spurs 4th championship parade coming up in June.

Stephen Jackson > Dirk Nowitzki

mabber
03-13-2007, 06:16 PM
The point of this was just a poll. I didn't start the smack talking. I know everyone is tired of Mavs-Spurs smack talking.

At the same time, to answer some questions: The whole West playoff picture is pretty straightforward: Dallas, SA, Phoenix, and Utah will be there in the 2nd round. West Finals will be either Spurs vs Mavericks (if Spurs get #2 seed), Spurs vs Suns (most likely), or Mavericks vs Suns (if Spurs choke).

And no I still don't take Phoenix seriously.

Spurs & Suns will play in the 2nd round. They can't play in the west finals unless the Suns or Spurs get the # seed or the Spurs fall off and get the #4 seed.

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 06:21 PM

Yet you say this in the same reply...

or Mavericks vs Suns (if Spurs choke).

So the only way the Mavs can beat the Spurs in the playoffs is if the Spurs choke? It couldn't be due to the Mavs just having a better team???

LEONARD
03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Spurs & Suns will play in the 2nd round. They can't play in the west finals unless the Suns or Spurs get the # seed or the Spurs fall off and get the #4 seed.

Are you questioning SpursDynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :devil

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Yet you say this in the same reply...

So the only way the Mavs can beat the Spurs in the playoffs is if the Spurs choke? It couldn't be due to the Mavs just having a better team???

That is correct.

LEONARD
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
That is correct.

:lol :lol :lol

Wow...

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
That is correct.

You're fucking delusional. If anything it's the other way around. The mavs are the superior team and the only way they lose is if they choke.

Agloco
03-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Now all of a sudden theres a difference between the regular season and playoffs eh?

Where are these Mavs fans you're referring to??

All around you of course........

I suppose you'll tell me that I was also imagining the thread about the greatest 56 game stretch in history
right?

I'm just waiting for Mavs fans to dig up some more odd shit.......

Agloco
03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
You're fucking delusional. If anything it's the other way around. The mavs are the superior team and the only way they lose is if they choke.

You're both delusional. Neither team would be considered a choker if they lost to the other. Both teams are the class of the league.

It's not so as either of them are going out against Houston or LA........ THAT would be chokage :fro

LEONARD
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
All around you of course........

I suppose you'll tell me that I was also imagining the thread about the greatest 56 game stretch in history
right?

I'm just waiting for Mavs fans to dig up some more odd shit.......

You mean the thread I started?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61752

in which I CLEARLY stated that the Mavs recent stretch doesn't really mean anything... (ie, the playoffs are all that matter)

Of course it means nothing, but it's still pretty damn cool... :fro

Of course it's about the playoffs...anybody that says otherwise, or acts like the Mavs have a championship wrapped up in any way, is a f'ing moron...

the 56 game stretch can't be argued...and Mavs fans didn't create the story. ESPN.com did...

mardigan
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
spurs would choke against mavs just like in ot of game 7 last year.

but it would be in 5-6 games this year because we are better and the spurs are worse.

Blah blah blah, just spewing shit out

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
You're both delusional. Neither team would be considered a choker if they lost to the other. Both teams are the class of the league.

It's not so as either of them are going out against Houston or LA........ THAT would be chokage :fro

That's why I said IF ANYTHING it'd be the other way around. I wouldn't consider either team a choker for losing to the other unless they blew like a 3-1 lead or something like that.

mardigan
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
That's why I said IF ANYTHING it'd be the other way around. I wouldn't consider either team a choker for losing to the other unless they blew like a 3-1 lead or something like that.

I agree with that, the only team I would find acceptable losing to would be the Mavs

sabar
03-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Pro tip: Losing isn't the same as choking

GrandeDavid
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
SA won't get the 4 seed.

Dalhoop
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
The way that the Mavs have played all year would lead me to believe that they are on a mission and will accept nothing but the Championship. The Spurs have turned it on lately, but they have not done well vs the Mavs this year.

Every game vs the two teams ... EVERY GAME .... Has added meaning for both teams. In every game this year, there has been "Playoffs aptmoshere" and "Playoff intensity". No one on this board, that saw the games, could deny that.

The Mavs have won the last two after dropping the first, That would make them 2-1 at this moment ... Project that out and you get 4-2

Further, I cannot see any team winning more then two games vs the Mavs this year (Unless they are named the Warriors :) ). They have just been too good for too long this year to be overlooked. Spurs are playing better, but alot of teams this year were "playing better" before facing the Mavs ... better vs the rest of the League, and Better against the top teams in the League are two different things.

Agloco
03-14-2007, 10:44 PM
spurs would choke against mavs just like in ot of game 7 last year.but it would be in 5-6 games this year because we are better and the spurs are worse.

Considering that the Spurs should never have been allowed the opportunity to go to OT in the first place (read: Which team choked?), I would hardly call it a choke on the Spurs part.

Both teams are good. You've gotta give up that crack pipe if you think a series between Dallas and SA will go any less than 6.

Agloco
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
The way that the Mavs have played all year would lead me to believe that they are on a mission and will accept nothing but the Championship. The Spurs have turned it on lately, but they have not done well vs the Mavs this year.
Every game vs the two teams ... EVERY GAME .... Has added meaning for both teams. In every game this year, there has been "Playoffs aptmoshere" and "Playoff intensity". No one on this board, that saw the games, could deny that.

The Mavs have won the last two after dropping the first, That would make them 2-1 at this moment ... Project that out and you get 4-2 Further, I cannot see any team winning more then two games vs the Mavs this year (Unless they are named the Warriors :) ). They have just been too good for too long this year to be overlooked. Spurs are playing better, but alot of teams this year were "playing better" before facing the Mavs ... better vs the rest of the League, and Better against the top teams in the League are two different things.

Spurs haven't done well against the Mavs? Is not so as the Mavs have dominated them eh?

We're supposed to extrapolate a post season result from 3 regular season games eh?

I'm not even going to mention that theres a fourth game to be played between these teams........

I'm not sure I can take anything away from your analysis.....

Agloco
03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
You mean the thread I started?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61752

in which I CLEARLY stated that the Mavs recent stretch doesn't really mean anything... (ie, the playoffs are all that matter)

Of course it's about the playoffs...anybody that says otherwise, or acts like the Mavs have a championship wrapped up in any way, is a f'ing moron...

the 56 game stretch can't be argued...and Mavs fans didn't create the story. ESPN.com did...

But it was gladly brought to the board by you and jizzed all over by the others.........

That was my point.

Dalhoop
03-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Spurs haven't done well against the Mavs? Is not so as the Mavs have dominated them eh?

Domination and winning are two different things. You can beat someone all the time and be dominate.

We're supposed to extrapolate a post season result from 3 regular season games eh?

Are you trying to say that those games were played without any "desire to win" by either club?

When these two teams meet, you have to look at the last time they met in the playoffs as well, as thats what every fan will point to. "Its the only time that the games matter"

I'm not even going to mention that theres a fourth game to be played between these teams........

Thats because nobody knows what will happen in it, If we did, I would look at the result and still give more wieght to the playoffs last year ..... As the Spurs and Mavs both say "Its all that matters"

I'm not sure I can take anything away from your analysis.....

I am certain that as a Spurs fan, you don't agree with anything not saying "Spurs will win a close series"

mFFL03
03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry, that houston team is going to come into its own in the next 2 weeks....

LEONARD
03-15-2007, 09:25 AM
But it was gladly brought to the board by you and jizzed all over by the others.........

That was my point.

I'm re-reading it and looking for all these people "jizzing" over it...I'm not seeing it though?

It's a REGULAR SEASON ACCOMPLISHMENT and nothing more. Mavs fans know that...

If the Spurs set that record, it wouldn't be posted here? Give me a f'ing break. If ANY team did that, it would've been posted here...

Supergirl
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
As much as it would be AWESOME if the Mavs got knocked off by the Warriors, I don't think it would happen, b/c I don't think the Warriors would win in Dallas at all. However, they could hold HC and push the Mavs to 7 games, and that would be pretty cool.

I have said all season that as good as they are, in a 7 game series the Spurs will still prevail.

Clutch20
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Nothing profound, but funny to me, doesn't the poll graph look somewhat like a colorful "shootin' the finger" , ya got the little pinky being Houston and my gosh, would you see which team is leading the parade?!!! :spin