2centsworth
03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Elson giving good minutes is one reason

ggoose25
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Pop is sucking off Oberto

Bruno
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Because Melvin Ely, who hasn't played a lot this year and who doesn't know Spurs' systems, isn't good enough to crack the rotation for the moment.

sa_butta
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
He is being held as a secret weapon come playoff time.

ArgSpursFan
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
he is leaving in the offseason.No need to learn the system or to be in the rotation.

K-State Spur
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
He has been really into the games on the sidelines. That's a good sign from a guy who has been labelled as having attitude issues in the past. Looks like he may truly want to become a part of this team.

Don Quixote
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
He's obviously been the savior everyone pined for.

Have we lost since we traded for him?

sa_butta
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
He's obviously been the savior everyone pined for.

Have we lost since we traded for him?No pun intended right?

exstatic
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
It's not like he was putting up numbers for Charlotte. His 2.9p/1.6r on 39% shooting in 10 minutes didn't blow anyone away. If you can't be effective in limited minutes, you're not going to succeed off the bench here.

MrChug
03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Fatness. I like him, maybe I'm just disappointed he hasn't gotten as excited about this opportunity for him as I am.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Fatness. I like him, maybe I'm just disappointed he hasn't gotten as excited about this opportunity for him as I am.

Who said he was fat? When they said he wasn't in shape when he got here, they weren't talking fatness - they meant he didn't have his lungs and legs because he hadn't been playing much. They didn't mean it like the same as they talk about Butler.

And what makes you think he isn't excited or working hard?

SpursDynasty
03-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Melvin Ely is the Dirk Stopper.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Melvin Ely is the Dirk Stopper.

The Dirk Stopper is a Myth. :)

MrChug
03-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Who said he was fat? When they said he wasn't in shape when he got here, they weren't talking fatness - they meant he didn't have his lungs and legs because he hadn't been playing much. They didn't mean it like the same as they talk about Butler.

And what makes you think he isn't excited or working hard?

Man, it's funny. Kori hates me. If you look at her replies to any of my posts, it's obvious. Maybe I'm sensitive...or maybe it's that Kori hates me. :depressed Maybe we should start a "Countdown till Chugz is banned" thread. :lol

I mean that when he runs the court it looks like he's running after a Subway sandwich: it's food, but I'm not gonna kill my fat ass for it...it 'aint like it's Popeye's or no $h!t. I mean when he tries to switch on a rotation, it's like he's got the "Who's on First" confusion. When he's going to shoot the ball he's more worried about looking cool right at that second...not that he couldnt evolve into something really solid. But the question wasn't "Where is Melvin Ely IN 2008?" It's "Where is Melvin Ely NOW?" NOW...he's completely out of the loop. Whether it's conditioning or lack of comfort with the system, he still LOOKS the same.

Pugglekicker_21
03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Miami Heat? I really hope Ely gets some PT soon, otherwise its a whole nother season of Elson's punyness that a word?) or Oberto's unathleticness(thats definetly not)

BeerIsGood!
03-14-2007, 12:41 AM
The team's on a 13 game winning streak and some fans are calling for the last guy off the bench to get more burn?? Did I miss something here?

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Man, it's funny. Kori hates me. If you look at her replies to any of my posts, it's obvious. Maybe I'm sensitive...or maybe it's that Kori hates me. :depressed Maybe we should start a "Countdown till Chugz is banned" thread. :lol

I mean that when he runs the court it looks like he's running after a Subway sandwich: it's food, but I'm not gonna kill my fat ass for it...it 'aint like it's Popeye's or no $h!t. I mean when he tries to switch on a rotation, it's like he's got the "Who's on First" confusion. When he's going to shoot the ball he's more worried about looking cool right at that second...not that he couldnt evolve into something really solid. But the question wasn't "Where is Melvin Ely IN 2008?" It's "Where is Melvin Ely NOW?" NOW...he's completely out of the loop. Whether it's conditioning or lack of comfort with the system, he still LOOKS the same.

He has played like 8 minutes as a Spur (and gotten five points and three boards). You gathered a lot from those minutes. :lol

I didn't say he didn't look confused or lethargic on the court in his brief time. I just didn't get why you said he was fat.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh and I think you are sensitive. I don't even look at the user names when I'm replying most of the time. So believe me, it's not personal :lol

MrChug
03-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh and I think you are sensitive. I don't even look at the user names when I'm replying most of the time. So believe me, it's not personal :lol

So...If I looked at somebody for LESS than eight minutes do you think that I could tell whether or not they were fat? Just asking a question...

Oh, I forgot this " :lol "

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 12:51 AM
So...If I looked at somebody for LESS than eight minutes do you think that I could tell whether or not they were fat? Just asking a question...

No, you usually should be able to tell instantly if someone is fat.

But by your last post, it sounded like you were saying he was playing like he was fat.

So you think he actually looks fat???

Solid D
03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Removed unfair comment.

MrChug
03-14-2007, 12:53 AM
No, you usually should be able to tell instantly if someone is fat.

But by your last post, it sounded like you were saying he was playing like he was fat.

So you think he actually looks fat???

No, I'm judging by his EFFORT that he's "playing like he was fat". Confusion is one thing. Unsureness is another. But being UNABLE to get to your spot is quite a different third.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 12:54 AM
No, I'm judging by his EFFORT that he's "playing like he was fat". Confusion is one thing. Unsureness is another. But being UNABLE to get to your spot is quite a different third.

I think he moves like he smokes too much, not like he's fat. :smokin

MrChug
03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I think he moves like he smokes too much, not like he's fat. :smokin

Now THAT'S a good point!

Do NOT get me wrong, there's few that sang the praises of R.C. when he was brought over like me, but I've met Mr. CIA himself (Pop) coaching for the Drug-Free League, and I think the man is perceptive.

AFBlue
03-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Pop is sucking off Oberto

:lol

Seriously though, I don't think Oberto has played significantly productive minutes in a while. That doesn't mean I think Ely should take his minutes, but Oberto plays far too much with no results....I'd much rather have Bonner out there taking his minutes.

If he's still ineffective, then dump his ass for Ely...

exstatic
03-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Miami Heat? I really hope Ely gets some PT soon, otherwise its a whole nother season of Elson's punyness that a word?) or Oberto's unathleticness(thats definetly not)
Get ready for it. Ely is a rental.

SequSpur
03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
A one legged ELy is better than Oberto and a Nuggets bench warmer.

ArgSpursFan
03-14-2007, 09:03 AM
well if he averages 1.6 board in TWO legs.He should be getting about............................................. ...........0.8 rpg. in one.

SequSpur
03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
well if he averages 1.6 board in TWO legs.He should be getting about............................................. ...........0.8 rpg. in one.

I've already got this figured out. Ely would be the best Center in the history of the NBA if he played 48 minutes. WTF are you talking about?

Solid D
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Ely thinks moving without the ball isn't a time-driven event.