PDA

View Full Version : Who said we needed Maggette? where are you?

lefty
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, that's right ; go hide

lefty
03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

upTD
03-13-2007, 09:40 PM
u r so silly. U shouldn't evaluate someone just by today's game.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Premature esmackulation.

dg7md
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey lefty, no offense to be meant by this, but weren't you thinking of jumping off the Spurs fandom train and joining the Suns fanclub after a Spur loss?

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey lefty, no offense to be meant by this, but weren't you thinking of jumping off the Spurs fandom train and joining the Suns fanclub after a Spur loss?

I was kidding Dog

T Park
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
I think they could.

17 points, 5 or 6 boards.

Yeah the Spurs couldn't have needed that....

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:09 PM
u r so silly. U shouldn't evaluate someone just by today's game.

I wasn't evaluating Corey ; I meant : we don't need to trade for Corey! we are good enough ; 90% of Spurstalk members wanted Maggette here

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I think they could.

17 points, 5 or 6 boards.

Yeah the Spurs couldn't have needed that....

What's ur point? we are playing well ; so because he has 17 pts, some rbds , we need him?
:dizzy

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Wait, you're trying to call people out for a guy who went off for 17 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists tonight?

You're calling out people for wanting a *guard/SF* that had

1. as many rebounds as our high rebound man tonight (Duncan)

and

2. as many assists as our high assist guy tonight (Vaughn).

lefty, put down the fucking keyboard. You're dumb.

MI21
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm right here.

The Spurs would be a better team and have more chance at winning the championship if Corey Maggette was on the team.

Lefty, you disagree with that?

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Yes

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Wait, you're trying to call people out for a guy who went off for 17 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists tonight?

and

lefty, put down the fucking keyboard. You're dumb.

Admit ur mistake; go buy some balls

MrChug
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh, I'm sorry...I could have sworn you asked "Do you want spaghetti?". My bad.

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh, I'm sorry...I could have sworn you asked "Do you want spaghetti?". My bad.
:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM

And what mistake is that? If you think having someone under 30 on the perimeter besides Manu that can rebound, score, and create off the dribble is a bad idea, you're the fuck up on this thread.

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
And what mistake is that? If you think having someone under 30 on the perimeter besides Manu that can rebound, score, and create off the dribble is a bad idea, you're the fuck up on this thread.
:blah :blah

Guru of Nothing
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm right here.

The Spurs would be a better team and have more chance at winning the championship if Corey Maggette was on the team.

Lefty, you disagree with that?

Can you visualize Maggette on the court in the last five minutes of an important Spurs game?

Lineup = Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bowen and ....... Maggette?

Maybe, but I'm not feeling it. .... and if he's not worthy of being on the floor when it counts, then no thanks. Perhaps he has a little Stephen Jackson in him.

lefty
03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Can you visualize Maggette on the court in the last five minutes of an important Spurs game?

Lineup = Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bowen and ....... Maggette?

Maybe, but I'm not feeling it. .... and if he's not worthy of being on the floor when it counts, then no thanks. Perhaps he has a little Stephen Jackson in him.
he wouldn't make a big defensive play on Dirk in the closing moments of a playoff game (remember Bowen's block in game 6)??

dg7md
03-13-2007, 10:59 PM
We'd be way better with Maggette, now I don't think we aren't contenders without him, but with him we have our player who could very well be the top scorer on our team with a lot of depth added.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
he wouldn't make a big defensive play on Dirk in the closing moments of a playoff game (remember Bowen's block in game 6)??

He wouldn't have to. With Maggette here, you can put him on Howard and let Bowen go deal with Dirk.

I just want you to name to me one Spur wing player who could do something like Maggette did tonight - get a board, take one step, and dunk on a big like Duncan.

And do you think Bowen will be playing at the same level next year? Or the year after? Hell no. We need a Bowen replacement, and Maggette could have been taught D like Buckets was.

slayermin
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
After what Stephen Jackson did to Dirk yesterday, I would rather have Jack back than Maggette.

Russ
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Reporting for duty, sir. :)

Now, for all you who thought we could use (insert good player's name), how foolish you are!

leemajors
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM

didn't you tuck your tail between your legs and "quit" the forum a while back because you "couldn't handle it"??

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2007, 12:21 AM
didn't you tuck your tail between your legs and "quit" the forum a while back because you "couldn't handle it"??

Don't you have to have balls to tuck them?

phyzik
03-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyone who thinks the Spurs would NOT be better off with Maggette needs to have a urine analysis done. :smokin

lefty
03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
mm...
It was temporary :donkey

SilverPlayer
03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Sign me up for the list of people who still think Mags would have been a great addition to this team...

AFBlue
03-14-2007, 05:51 AM
I said it and I'm still here.

Answer this question Lefty, what was the combined stat-line for Barry and Beno last night? Because that's what the Spurs were rumored to be offering for Maggette. Maybe it would've taken a bit more, but I'll take the production Maggette has been giving (top scorer over past 5 or 6 games) over Barry/Beno anyday.

MannyIsGod
03-14-2007, 07:01 AM
You're an idiot.

AFBlue
03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
You're an idiot.

http://www.sineport.com/oyuncu/resim/rob11.jpg

"You talkin ta me?"

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 08:45 AM
After what Stephen Jackson did to Dirk yesterday, I would rather have Jack back than Maggette.
Jack allowed Dirk to score 10 points in the first quarter. Dirk went on to score three points the rest of the game without Jack defending him. Jack has been a Maverick killer everywhere he's gone, but he can't defend Dirk.

MoSpur
03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I was one that said I would like Maggette on this team not need. I would still like Maggette on this team. He would produce more than Barry. Barry and Beno were going to be two of maybe three players the Spurs were willing to give up. What have Beno and Barry done that makes you want to keep them rather than having someone like Maggette?

SenorSpur
03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
I was one that said I would like Maggette on this team not need. I would still like Maggette on this team. He would produce more than Barry. Barry and Beno were going to be two of maybe three players the Spurs were willing to give up. What have Beno and Barry done that makes you want to keep them rather than having someone like Maggette?

Thank you. Count me in too. I proposed the move then, and still think it would have paid dividends for this team for the next couple of seasons.

After watching him over the past couple of weeks, it's obvious he's got a skill set that is missing from this Spurs team.

hitmanyr2k
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM

and

He did that in 41 minutes of playing time. Ginobili just about had Maggette's stat line with 14 minutes less playing time :lol

And do people seriously think Maggette is going to get that kind of playing time on the Spurs? Knowing Popovich he would probably have Maggette rotting on the bench until he learns the "system". Heaven forbid guys learn from their mistakes playing in actual games. Maggette would get limited minutes, have crap stats, and have no rhythm because Popovich would give him the quick hook everytime he made a little mistake and everyone on this forum would turn on him just like Finley, Barry, etc. He would be a malcontent in no time.

lefty
03-14-2007, 10:53 AM
He did that in 41 minutes of playing time. Ginobili just about had Maggette's stat line with 14 minutes less playing time :lol

And do people seriously think Maggette is going to get that kind of playing time on the Spurs? Knowing Popovich he would probably have Maggette rotting on the bench until he learns the "system". Heaven forbid guys learn from their mistakes playing in actual games. Maggette would get limited minutes, have crap stats, and have no rhythm because Popovich would give him the quick hook everytime he made a little mistake and everyone on this forum would turn on him just like Finley, Barry, etc. He would be a malcontent in no time.
:clap :clap :clap

Texas_Ranger
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I still think Corey would be much better than Barry and Beno.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
He did that in 41 minutes of playing time. Ginobili just about had Maggette's stat line with 14 minutes less playing time

Hmm, I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone planning on replacing Manu with Maggette. We were planning on replacing Beno, Barry, and spelling Bowen.

Still waiting for any of you to explain why you'd rather have around Brent and Beno than a guy like Maggette.

Again, we have two guys we have to check when we play the Mavs to get by them - Dirk and Howard. Right now, we have exactly one guy (Bowen) to address that problem, and he's getting old.

The fact that some of you would rather cling on to the great white hypes of Beno and Barry instead of getting a guy who can come in, check Howard, and let Bowen go do his thing on Dirk tells me all I need to know about your (lack of) knowledge of the game.

But just for kicks, it'd be funny seeing Brent or Beno trying to check whoever Bowen isn't guarding between Dirk and Howard in the game coming up in April just so you two idiots who are bagging on Maggette can maybe, somehow, realize how stupid you are.

SenorSpur
03-14-2007, 01:21 PM
As much as the Spurs offense revolves around the Big Three, it's always nice to have a legit 4th offensive option.

Those of you who derail Maggette and his offensive prowess seem to forget that as much as Duncan was an unstoppable force against the Mavs in the WCSF last season, at times the offense became predictable when Manu and Tony were both off their games.

Maggette does what Finley used to do in his prime - only he does it better. That is providing an athletic, slashing, offensive scoring option that can break down defenses and hit FTs consistently.

The dude isn't a superstar, but the question is could he have helped the Spurs in their quest for the title - I believe that answer is YES.

Beno + Barry = Maggette is a logical equation. After all, neither one of them have contributed much this season.

hitmanyr2k
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
As much as the Spurs offense revolves around the Big Three, it's always nice to have a legit 4th offensive option.

Those of you who derail Maggette and his offensive prowess seem to forget that as much as Duncan was an unstoppable force against the Mavs in the WCSF last season, at times the offense became predictable when Manu and Tony were both off their games.

Maggette does what Finley used to do in his prime - only he does it better. That is providing an athletic, slashing, offensive scoring option that can break down defenses and hit FTs consistently.

The dude isn't a superstar, but the question is could he have helped the Spurs in their quest for the title - I believe that answer is YES.

Beno + Barry = Maggette is a logical equation. After all, neither one of them have contributed much this season.

I don't question if Maggette could be a help to the Spurs...of course he could, offensively. I'm questioning if Popovich would even give him the freedom to help the Spurs in the first place. I'm questioning if Maggette could accept even more limited minutes (you know he would be sharing PT with Bowen and Finley) and less touches than he's getting now in LA. Some people here seem to think all the Spurs have to do is get Corey Maggette and suddenly all things will be rosey. What planet are you people on? Have you seen how Popovich runs this team? Where are all the other players the Spurs added? Where's Ely? Eric Williams' ass was super-glued to the bench when he was on the squad. Elson is just starting to get consistent minutes and even then his leash is still yanked a bit too fast at times.

Pugglekicker_21
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
The Spurs were "struggling" at that point before the trade deadline, a lot of people were criticizing the Spurs FO for a lack of youth.

SenorSpur
03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't question if Maggette could be a help to the Spurs...of course he could, offensively. I'm questioning if Popovich would even give him the freedom to help the Spurs in the first place. I'm questioning if Maggette could accept even more limited minutes (you know he would be sharing PT with Bowen and Finley) and less touches than he's getting now in LA. Some people here seem to think all the Spurs have to do is get Corey Maggette and suddenly all things will be rosey. What planet are you people on? Have you seen how Popovich runs this team? Where are all the other players the Spurs added? Where's Ely? Eric Williams' ass was super-glued to the bench when he was on the squad. Elson is just starting to get consistent minutes and even then his leash is still yanked a bit too fast at times.

I'm very sure Pop and R.C. wouldn't pull any punches with Maggette. I'm also confident that they would have done their "due diligence" before making the trade.

No doubt he'd have a relatively "short leash" as he earned the respect and trust of the coaching staff. There is also the fact that he would have to have been willing to become a more disciplined player to fit into the Spurs system. If they felt the Maggette couldn't "check his ego at the door", then certainly that would have factored against him coming here.

My point, and the points of many others, is that this guy would have been a nice transitional wing player to help bridge the gap between the very old (Finley, Bowen) and the very young, inexperienced (J.White or whoever else they plan on looking at). I'll keep saying it over and over. The skill set Maggette brings to the table is NOT on this team.

Besides if they guy didn't work out here, he could be a much better tradeable asset than Barry or even Beno.

LEONARD
03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
lefty = own't

lefty
03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
lefty = own't
:wtf

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
:wtf

You're an idiot.

lefty
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm a fucking retard

Bruno
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Maggette average 19 ppg since the ASG. I'm sure Spurs don't need at all this kind of players. :rolleyes

Too bad that Spurs have likely never been close to get him because of Sterling.

Even without him Spurs have still a shot to win it all even if they aren't favorite. :flag:

ArgSpursFan
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
the only way to get maggette was throwing in someone like manu or Tony in exchange for the clipps.Maggette is a hell of a player,the clipps won´t let him go just for an old man+Beno.
BTW ,I think it could be something else to have him on the SF starting lineup,but I wouldn´t get rid of any of the big 3 for him.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 06:12 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm questioning if Popovich would even give him the freedom to help the Spurs in the first place.

Yep, I'm sure there would be no impetus to play the guy by Pop if he was watching Howard light us up while Bowen checked Dirk....

Obstructed_View
03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Pop might use him as a power forward in the playoffs.

lefty
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
:lol :lol :lol

lefty
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry
:lol :lol

hitmanyr2k
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Yep, I'm sure there would be no impetus to play the guy by Pop if he was watching Howard light us up while Bowen checked Dirk....

We are talking about the same Popovich that watched his team get killed on the boards time and time again and still stayed with the same old "small ball" lineup all series, right?

Gros Membres!
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, that's right ; go hide
Let's reopen this conversation when we meet an athletic team in the playoffs and are stuck with Barry and Finley playing torreador style D.

carneasada
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
what would be great is if we just had players that could dunk all the time. It doesn't really matter if we win or not as long as we have sweet dunks. Really, that's all that matters - who cares if we win? I'd be a lot happier if we were in sportscenter highlights all of the time. That's what we really need. Defense is over rated and players that sacrifice stats for a championship are pretty stupid. We need players that don't care about anything but money and I'd love to sport their jersey. I can see it now - Maggette #50 (screw you Robinson - Maggette can dunk hard) going 25 pts plus; that'd be tight.

dallaskd
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
that would be the whole forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
We are talking about the same Popovich that watched his team get killed on the boards time and time again and still stayed with the same old "small ball" lineup all series, right?

Have you looked at Maggette's rebounding numbers? If Pop wants to play small ball, he's the perfect small ball PF.

lefty
03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Let's reopen this conversation when we meet an athletic team in the playoffs and are stuck with Barry and Finley playing torreador style D.

Ok